RegisterDonateLogin

It's what's for dinner...in space.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

CCC Week 162 - Simplify Options
jen'ari
Posted: Tuesday, July 16, 2019 9:28:50 AM
Groups: Member

With so many special abilities and so many things to keep up with (sometimes fun sometimes it might be too much) let's take pleasure in the simple things. This weeks challenge is to create a non-unique, non-fringe piece with only 3 or less Special abilities (melee will not count as one of the 3). You CANNOT use camaraderie, Force Bond, or Armament as one of the abilities. You cannot use an ability, ce, or force power that causes movement of other players (levitation, coordinated movement, resol'nare, SBM) You may have a commander effect for non-unique followers only. You may not make up any new special abilities. You may only have up to 1 force power (that costs 2 or less) and a force rating (up to 2 force, no renewal).

I hope the restrictions do not scare people away. I want to see the beauty of simplicity. May the force be with you!

Example of a maxed out character (3 SA, Force rating 2 or under, 1 force powe, and a ce for non-unique followers)

Veteran Plumber. Cost 15
Hp 50
Def 17
Attk 10
Dam 20

Jolt
Rolling Evade
Draw Fire

Force 2
Jedi Mind Trick 2

CE
Non-unique plumber followers cannot be affected by the part of abilities that cause activation.

1. The character must be canonical to either of the Canon or Legends continuities and from the chosen faction when required. They can have affinity, but the character must start in the chosen faction.

2. You may update any existing versions you already have and/or create a new one. You may update/create several versions of the character but you must ultimately select 1 you wish to run with. (this must be done by the schedule below)

3. Place a hyperlink in this forum to make it easier to find your character. You can just post the stats or image here but if changes are needed it would be easier (and save space) if you just used a Hyperlink (If you don't know how to post Hyperlinks in a forum setting please ask and we will help you. It's not hard )

4. Voting works as follows, pick your three favorite customs based on accuracy to the character, design, balance or whatever you decide makes the best incarnation of the challenge character. First place receives 3 points, 2nd place receives 2 points, and 3rd place receives 1 point.

5. You do not have to enter the contest in order to vote. But unless you enter you must have at least 10 forum posts.

6. To make things fair you must vote in order to win the contest. You must choose three characters entered in the contest and you may not rate or vote for your own character.

7. The winner will be decided by how many points they receive. Ties will be broken by most 1st place votes, then if still tied, 2nd place votes and then 3rd place votes. If still tied, then the outcome is a tie.

8. You may not change or update the entered character AFTER the deadline.

You will have until Tuesday, July 23rf, 2019 @8pm EST to get your submissions in. Anything submitted after this point will not be included in the voting.

Voting will start at 8pm on Tuesday evening and end at 11pm EST on Wednesday, July 24th, 2019.

At the conclusion of the voting the scores will be tallied and the winner will start a new topic with their choice of them
jen'ari
Posted: Tuesday, July 16, 2019 12:01:27 PM

http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/35943/sith-warrior

Possible first entry. Have a few other ideas in my head.
gandalfthegreatestwizard
Posted: Tuesday, July 16, 2019 1:32:34 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

General_Grievous
Posted: Wednesday, July 17, 2019 9:14:18 AM

What I would love to see for the Vong to take them back to their roots and away from the complexity they currently have:

http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/35945/yuuzhan-vong-assassin
kiki
Posted: Wednesday, July 17, 2019 9:31:47 PM

FlyingArrow
Posted: Thursday, July 18, 2019 7:16:36 AM

adamb0nd
Posted: Thursday, July 18, 2019 8:18:03 PM

spryguy1981
Posted: Friday, July 19, 2019 4:21:41 AM

adamb0nd
Posted: Monday, July 22, 2019 8:13:06 AM

1. FlyingArrow
2. spryguy1981
3. General_Grievous
General_Grievous
Posted: Monday, July 22, 2019 1:43:37 PM

Flying, really like how this guy works with some of the big beats creating some new squads based around several of these elites and a commander. Excellent job.

Gandalf, tons of theme, excellent CE and making a new alternative to Daala and Thrawn is a bold move that you pulled off. Also awesome job on the flavor text!

Spry, nice simple OR Commander who thematically fits the faction and trooper play style.

Jen, great basic Sith with some cool tricks and built in ranged survivability.

Kiki, a bit strong for his cost with Leia but basic mechanics and the rookie theme is great.

Adam, this guy is pure stats and survivability, and fits well in the existing wookie archetype.

3rd Spry
2nd Gandalf
1st Flying
jen'ari
Posted: Monday, July 22, 2019 5:17:20 PM

1. Flyingarrow - love the different directions that can be taken. Would love this in the game right now

2. Adamb0nd - i always love wookiees and this seems a good simple fit that can play well.

3. General grievous - they seem like vong warrior grunts in the few books i have read with them.

I really enjoyed seeing the way these "simple" pieces would fit. Good work everyone
gandalfthegreatestwizard
Posted: Monday, July 22, 2019 5:22:01 PM

1. FlyingArrow

2. spryguy1981

3. adamb0nd
FlyingArrow
Posted: Monday, July 22, 2019 8:00:43 PM

1. Gandalf - love the thematic reason to Rival Daala/Thrawn
2. adamb0nd - solid Wookiee that is very different from any other Wookiee out there
3. jen'ari - good non-Unique Sith option

spry - In OR, Soldiers got all the love and troopers have almost nothing. On top of that, most of the decent troopers also count as soldiers. Since your OR Squad Leader isn't a Soldier, he won't fit into Soldier squads and isn't strong enough on his own to make troopers viable.

kiki - I like the idea, but I think it's a bit too strong. Right now it's probably fine, to be honest. That's because there's no Relay Orders in Resistance so you'd need two or three Resistance Officers and have to bring them forward within 6 of the grunts. A guy like this at that cost, though, would mean Resistance could never get a Relay Orders option.

GG - Probably fine but I think Vong have enough low-cost options for now.
kiki
Posted: Monday, July 22, 2019 8:46:19 PM

1. Jen'ari

2. Gandalf

3. FlyingArrow
General_Grievous
Posted: Monday, July 22, 2019 9:23:19 PM

Still waiting on Spry but it looks like you have it Flying, congratulations and looking forward to see what you come up with
adamb0nd
Posted: Tuesday, July 23, 2019 6:54:28 AM

Well done FlyingArrow. Haven't seen a victory so complete since anakin vs the younglings
FlyingArrow
Posted: Tuesday, July 23, 2019 5:00:20 PM

Thanks - I'll have a new thread up shortly. It'll be a tough one, though.