RegisterDonateLogin

Will take you as its padawan learner.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

NW Ohio Regional Options
TheHutts
Posted: Monday, July 17, 2017 7:39:20 PM
Groups: Member

FlyingArrow wrote:
It remains to be seen whether this will be meta-warping. It still has a couple hard auto-losses out there even without Unkar. NTMTO + Lobot (MTB) turns off Jason's MTB and gives him a 1 for init: 0 Reserves. Han CotMF by himself cuts him down to his regular 25% chance for Reserves. If that's the meta, Pong dies. If that's not the meta, that squad really is pretty nuts. I don't think Jason got lucky - I think the addition of the MTB was genius and the squad really is that good.

San Hill is pretty tough too, right? You feed your opponent 20 points of reserves each round.
FlyingArrow
Posted: Monday, July 17, 2017 7:41:29 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

TheHutts wrote:
FlyingArrow wrote:
It remains to be seen whether this will be meta-warping. It still has a couple hard auto-losses out there even without Unkar. NTMTO + Lobot (MTB) turns off Jason's MTB and gives him a 1 for init: 0 Reserves. Han CotMF by himself cuts him down to his regular 25% chance for Reserves. If that's the meta, Pong dies. If that's not the meta, that squad really is pretty nuts. I don't think Jason got lucky - I think the addition of the MTB was genius and the squad really is that good.

San Hill is pretty tough too, right? You feed your opponent 20 points of reserves each round.

I guess that's true. And also the Vong Reserves on a 1. But on average you're getting more Reserves than your opponent even if you feed them 20 per round.
theultrastar
Posted: Monday, July 17, 2017 7:47:20 PM

Darth_Jim wrote:
shmi15 wrote:
Darth_Jim wrote:
Deaths_Baine wrote:
Darth_Jim wrote:
I echo the thoughts of others on here in thanking Caedus for setting this up and running a great regional, and his venue Card and Board. A lot of happy moments for me this weekend:

Seeing everyone and having some good conversations with Jason, Lou, Ultrastar, ATMSalad and Lily Wan in particular.

Meeting Naarkon...a fine young man.

Swapping Grampa stories with Jak, and setting a regional record of the most grampas to play in a regional at 2 with him.

Yet another great road trip with one of the finest people I've met in my entire life, Thereisnotry, and delving into some great theological discussions with him.

Going 3-1 and finishing 5th despite only playing 2 games total in the last year.

Rolling dice with the Fist of Glory.

Finally seeing my skiff played. Thanks to DrakDracul for the polish on the design among others, and to Lou and DeathsBaine for bouncing ideas off of beforehand.

Thanks to this fine community for continuing to breath life into this game. Now get off my lawn.

This made me smile bigger then any post on this site ever. (Except for when i used to mess with Bill, i miss you bill)

You sir are an outstanding gentleman and for you to thank me is huge to me and I consider it the greatest accomplishment I have ever had in minis.

Thank YOU, sir. I wasn't just being polite. I went to you and Lou because you two were voices I'd heard complain about the lack of help melee had. You came from 2 different play groups and I thought that I could get a well rounded opinion formed as to how to build the skiff. I don't normally play melee...or jedi. I try to have a mix in my squads because it's how I like to play, but all or mostly melee squads isn't my strongpoint.

Now on to other projects. Seeing Ultrastar at the regional I've come to the conclusion that his beard is tier one and needs to be nerfed. Any ideas?

CE - Only characters without a beard may order a thin crust, pepperoni pizza.

My work here is done.

Note to self: Eat pizza with Ultrastar at GenCon.

You are on Jim!
Lou
Posted: Tuesday, July 18, 2017 10:30:31 PM

I actually enjoyed my game with jason even though we played an hour long game it was fast paste lots of combat and removing of characters from me board. our game could of went either way. the other game I really enjoyed was against trevor and his jango fett squad because it felt like both of us were trying to kill off each other's squad.
jak
Posted: Wednesday, July 19, 2017 10:33:31 AM

jak wrote:
I played an OR AoL squad with Barada's Skiff called

HOP, SKIFF, AND A JUMP.
45 Valenthyne Farfalla
33 Bastila Shan, Jedi Master
64 Army of Light Jedi Lord x2
25 Barada on Desert Skiff
15 Army of Light Consular
8 R7 Astromech Droid
3 Ugnaught Demolitionist
3 XT-6 Droid
3 mouse droid
Preferred Reinforcements:
(Farfalla) 20 Old Republic Rookie x5

(199pts. 15 activations)

1ST RD- played Jason's wacky reserve squad.
he got his 2x 30 reserves every round except the first, he even "stole" my init onceCursing
his squad doubled in size, it felt like I was face the entire Grand Army of the Republic,
with a side order of droidsThumbDown
Blushing got thumped 0-1, 0pts

2ND RD-VS Joe, we drove 3 hours to play each other. worse still, in practice,
he totally destroyed me every time. Sad . sat down waiting to receive my
pounding. this game, I held back while he killed Bastilla. send Val. and some rookies to
chase down Queen Amoana.(that bitch pisses me off).while I was hunting her, Bane won his fight with Bastilla.
Caedus hopped on a nearly destroyed Skiff to join me towards center map, where most of my survivors were.
a Aol Jedi ran and destroyed the Skiff. Caedus needed a save 6 to survive,poor Joe rolled a 5.
after that, a wounded Bane fell, and I amazingly wonBlink 1-1, 3 pts
more later

I think this counts as later...

3Rd RD vs Bronson. he expertly played a tempo control, yaslarmi, Thrawn squad. after killing Arica, I didn't kill anything other than scrubs. Beyween the bubble, and all the cannon fodder, I just couldn't get to any important
pieces. Like shmi 15 said, my jedis could hardly breath. 1-2, 4 pts

4TH RD vs Steven(narkon) I unloaded the skiff and battle was joined in the middle.Sent the rookies on an end around to come up from behind.Jedi slayed Warb, and went to engage the other Sith from the front. Cognus hindered my Jedis way too much.
doctrine of fear, force suppression, and sith spell, totally pissed me offCursing Ommin made me be careful where I
landed. I had to kill her! every, and I mean every attack was parriedCursing until she broke away to try to stop Val, coming from the right, from getting to the meat of his squad. Cog took 3 AoO, and finally failed some parries.
when she got to Val, he finished her. I had point lead most of the game, but when Val got killed, I thought I lost.
we added our points. he had 111, and I had 112. I also had 3 rounds of gambit, so it wasn't as close as it first seamed.
great game, with a great guy. 2-2, 6 pts
jen'ari
Posted: Wednesday, July 19, 2017 12:15:15 PM

Can we get the to four squads post a link to their squad for ease of use?
atmsalad
Posted: Wednesday, July 19, 2017 12:20:37 PM

FlyingArrow wrote:
TheHutts wrote:
FlyingArrow wrote:

I guess that's true. And also the Vong Reserves on a 1. But on average you're getting more Reserves than your opponent even if you feed them 20 per round.

Plus as soon as you hit reserves you bring in something to kill the mtb
jak
Posted: Thursday, July 20, 2017 7:43:47 AM

Accurate shooters would have hampered Jason's squad.
back in the old days all my squads had 'em.
blast it! why didn't I bring oneCrying
Caedus
Posted: Thursday, July 20, 2017 7:55:06 AM

Han solo Capt ot MF stops his Squad cold as well.