RegisterDonateLogin

About twelve parsecs outside the Rishi Maze

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

CCC Week 85 - *The Last Jedi Edition* Rose and Finn Options
General_Grievous
Posted: Wednesday, December 27, 2017 10:06:19 AM
Groups: Member

Alright it's new movie time! I'm sure there will be a couple posts over the next few CCCs with new characters and I wanted to head discussions off on what we as the community think they should look like so we can show designers what the community envisions and have fun putting our ideas to print. (Was I the only one designing pieces when I watched TLJ?). To start things off slowly into spoiler territory I think the first one should be:

Rose. She was called boring by many and truthfully that is the trope she enminates from, so how can we reflect her in the game. She spent the majority of the film hanging out with our hero Finn so this week's challenge also includes a new version of Finn that works with Rose. Could be a duo piece, could be two separate with synergy/rapport/camaraderie/CE. But make these two TLJ characters come to life. The only other rule that is this added to the challenge and will help us avoid a Rogue One/Rebels "card overload problem" is:
Each character can have no more than 3 special abilities, force powers or commander effects (excluding melee attack/unique/double/twin/resistance/force #), if creating a duo piece it may have up to 6. Good luck everyone and may the Force be with you!

1. You may update any existing versions you already have and/or create a new one. You may update/create several versions of the character but you must ultimately select 1 you wish to run with. (this must be done by the schedule below)

2. Place a hyperlink in this forum to make it easier to find your character. You can just post the stats or image here but if changes are needed it would be easier (and save space) if you just used a Hyperlink (If you don't know how to post Hyperlinks in a forum setting please ask and we will help you. It's not hard )

3. Voting works as follows, pick your three favorite customs based on accuracy to the character, design, balance or whatever you decide makes the best incarnation of the challenge character. First place receives 3 points, 2nd place receives 2 points, and 3rd place receives 1 point.

4. You do not have to enter the contest in order to vote. But unless you enter you must have at lest 10 forum posts.

5. To make things fair you must vote in order to win the contest. You must choose three characters entered in the contest and you may not rate or vote for your own character.

6. The winner will be decided by how many points they receive. Ties will be broken by most 1st place votes, then if still tied, 2nd place votes and then 3rd place votes. If still tied, then the outcome is a tie.

7. You may not change or update the entered character AFTER the deadline.

You will have until Sat, Dec 30th, 2017 @8pm EST to get your submissions in. Anything submitted after this point will not be included in the voting.

Voting will start at 8pm on Saturday evening and end at 11pm EST on Tuesday, Jan 1st, 2018..
At the conclusion of the voting the scores will be tallied and the winner will start a new topic with their choice of theme.
shmi15
Posted: Wednesday, December 27, 2017 11:12:30 AM

I will jump on board for this competition. This sub set had best be done right, and the more ideas we can throw out for the designers of what the people want, the better off we will be. This will officially be my first CCC. And I couldn't be more proud of it to be them!

http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/28558/rose-tico--resistance-pilot

http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/28559/finn--resistance-pilot
CorranHornsux123
Posted: Wednesday, December 27, 2017 11:54:08 AM

jak
Posted: Wednesday, December 27, 2017 2:05:23 PM

not in Heart with this week's idea

I'll see what I can think ofConfused

okay, how's this...................
http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/28562/dj--master-slicer
jen'ari
Posted: Wednesday, December 27, 2017 3:22:03 PM

swinefeld
Posted: Wednesday, December 27, 2017 5:08:26 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

I haven't had time to see the movie yet and won't before this CCC is over, so have fun!
I'm out, for obvious reasons.
General_Grievous
Posted: Thursday, December 28, 2017 10:33:24 AM

swinefeld wrote:
I haven't had time to see the movie yet and won't before this CCC is over, so have fun!
I'm out, for obvious reasons.

Swinefeld, got to get on that! Hahaha

EDIT: removed entry I'm not submitting

jen'ari
Posted: Thursday, December 28, 2017 6:52:49 PM

jak wrote:
not in Heart with this week's idea

I'll see what I can think ofConfused

okay, how's this...................
http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/28562/dj--master-slicer

I am diggin your piece, but this week's CCC revolves around Rose and Finn
which is to say I cannot vote for your piece since it is not one of the outline targets, even if I like it
jak
Posted: Friday, December 29, 2017 5:42:48 AM

guess I should have read the whole postBlushing
Finn & Rose don't do much for meThumbDown
General_Grievous
Posted: Friday, December 29, 2017 9:03:42 AM

jak wrote:
guess I should have read the whole postBlushing
Finn & Rose don't do much for meThumbDown

But it's a chance to get them done right Jak, to create a template or ideas board for the new movie haha.
General_Grievous
Posted: Friday, December 29, 2017 9:30:27 AM

CorranHornsux123
Posted: Sunday, December 31, 2017 5:16:05 PM

1. Shimi

2. GG

3. Jen
shmi15
Posted: Sunday, December 31, 2017 5:33:38 PM

1. GG
2. Corranhornsux
3. Jen
jen'ari
Posted: Sunday, December 31, 2017 5:48:21 PM

Corranhorn can you cost to pieces?
CorranHornsux123
Posted: Sunday, December 31, 2017 6:45:08 PM

jen'ari wrote:
Corranhorn can you cost to pieces?

yea sorry i forgot i didnt do that lol
General_Grievous
Posted: Monday, January 1, 2018 2:42:10 PM

Shmi, I really like your Finn, but Rose, as plain as she is as a character, seems lacking here. I think she really needs some sort of repair on her, though pilot is a great fit.

CHS, I like stun gun on rose but not sure if she is really a hunter type character theme-wise. Gameplay-wise she's fine. Finn is fantastic though, excellent job there.

Jen'ari, now this is the Rose I've been looking for. Weak combat wise, taser, and epic rapport with Finn, you nailed it all. Great job here. Not sold on Finn though and as fun as WANTR is, gameplay wise I don't like it and it's a bit random to keep teleporting and spawning Finn in your starting area.

Easy week with only a few entries and my order is:

3rd, CHS
2nd, Jen'ari
1st Shmi
jen'ari
Posted: Monday, January 1, 2018 3:46:27 PM

1. General grievous - I think stealth for function wise so I like it and you have him the biggest per that he has in the imperial uniform that I did not think about.

2. Shmi15 - i like that Rose does next to nothing.

3. Corran Horn - I like the Finn imperial hunter is a bit much. Maybe it's my disdain for the character as someone who does so little in the middle
General_Grievous
Posted: Monday, January 1, 2018 7:34:45 PM

Shmi we tied brother haha. Good simple week guys, probably slower based on people not having seen the movie and/or holidays. I'll message you to discuss a joint week. And happy new year all!
Lord_Ball
Posted: Tuesday, January 2, 2018 4:53:17 AM

General_Grievous wrote:
Shmi we tied brother haha. Good simple week guys, probably slower based on people not having seen the movie and/or holidays. I'll message you to discuss a joint week. And happy new year all!

Those are valid reasons for me! Having finally been able to see the movie I have to say not the least bit impressed by it. Happy new year to you as well.