RegisterDonateLogin

Bloo or Bloo not, there is no try.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

CCC Week 132 - Last Stand Options
CorellianComedian
Posted: Tuesday, December 11, 2018 10:53:28 PM
Groups: Member

With finals week coming up for some (myself included), how about we do some final stands?

This week's challenge: create someone or something for an epic last stand. There are a lot of different ways that can look. You can make a self-contained piece that is tough to finish off, you can make a commander that makes other pieces tough to finish off, you can make a piece that punishes your opponent for taking it down, you can make a piece that works with current "last stand"-ish pieces (i.e. Tantive IV troopers).

Your only specific guideline is that it must contribute in some way to giving your squad that feeling of an epic last stand in combat. No specific abilities required. It doesn't even have to have much to do with a last stand itself if it's helping a character that already has that feel to it (i.e. make a piece to work with Belth Allusis or Bria Tharen). Just be sure to tell us what you intend it to be used with.

Some ideas of what I'm kind of going for: Leia, Hoth Commander; Eeth Koth; Tantive IV Troopers.

1. The character must be canonical to either of the Canon or Legends continuities and from the chosen faction when required. They can have affinity, but the character must start in the chosen faction.

2. You may update any existing versions you already have and/or create a new one. You may update/create several versions of the character but you must ultimately select 1 you wish to run with. (this must be done by the schedule below)

3. Place a hyperlink in this forum to make it easier to find your character. You can just post the stats or image here but if changes are needed it would be easier (and save space) if you just used a Hyperlink (If you don't know how to post Hyperlinks in a forum setting please ask and we will help you. It's not hard )

4. Voting works as follows, pick your three favorite customs based on accuracy to the character, design, balance or whatever you decide makes the best incarnation of the challenge character. First place receives 3 points, 2nd place receives 2 points, and 3rd place receives 1 point.

5. You do not have to enter the contest in order to vote. But unless you enter you must have at lest 10 forum posts.

6. To make things fair you must vote in order to win the contest. You must choose three characters entered in the contest and you may not rate or vote for your own character.

7. The winner will be decided by how many points they receive. Ties will be broken by most 1st place votes, then if still tied, 2nd place votes and then 3rd place votes. If still tied, then the outcome is a tie.

8. You may not change or update the entered character AFTER the deadline.

You will have until Sat, Dec 15, 2018 @8pm EST to get your submissions in. Anything submitted after this point will not be included in the voting.

Voting will start at 8pm on Saturday evening and end at 11pm EST on Monday, Dec 17, 2018.

At the conclusion of the voting the scores will be tallied and the winner will start a new topic with their choice of theme.
adamb0nd
Posted: Wednesday, December 12, 2018 6:29:31 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator

CorranHornsux123
Posted: Wednesday, December 12, 2018 12:28:08 PM

Oakel
Posted: Wednesday, December 12, 2018 4:59:33 PM

Still tooling with it, but I wanted to create a Ganner that represented the Hero in action, but wasn't as extreme as the 150pt. version that could make a strong competitive gameplay piece.

I've made the character transform like Ajunta Pall, I felt it was the best way to reflect him taking his last stand.

Here is the result:
Ganner Rhysode, Hero of Coruscant

Turns into:
The Ganner, One with the Force

I've tried to pare down the abilities while keeping the power/style of the character. If someone feels there are too many, just compare to Vader of Lothal, Kanan Jarrus, or Darth Caedus, Sith Lord. :P
gandalfthegreatestwizard
Posted: Thursday, December 13, 2018 1:59:20 PM

General_Grievous
Posted: Friday, December 14, 2018 1:05:32 AM

Was considering going with RC Gregor but realistically Grievous is all about making a solid last stand and surviving to fight another day:

http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/35471/general-grievous--survivor
jak
Posted: Friday, December 14, 2018 6:04:16 AM

I'll throw my hat into the ring this week.Crying

http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/35466/princess-leia-of-tantive-iv

this'll boost those brave Tantive IV Troopers, maybe they can repel the Empire now.
CorranHornsux123
Posted: Sunday, December 16, 2018 5:55:24 PM

Some good entries this week guys my votes are
1. Oak
2.CC
3.GG
adamb0nd
Posted: Monday, December 17, 2018 5:37:18 AM

1. General_Grievous
2. jak
3. gandalfthegreatestwizard
General_Grievous
Posted: Monday, December 17, 2018 6:22:41 AM

Adam, it's an obscure one but also an accurate one and fits with the current characters.

CHS, sweet character for a cool scene, essence transfer may be edging on the side of too powerful being just any allied character, swapping into mouse droids and such. But the idea is a unique and thematic one.

Oakel, firstly, love the character choice and thematic design. Very cool. Only things now with the split two characters is firstly that "final form Ganner" is probably not going to fit on a standard card, which secondly makes me wonder if you just allowed your "isn't even my final form Ganner" to transform into Epic Ganner and be sort of a movement set-up piece for what is otherwise a handicapped piece in epics. Anyways just thoughts. But overall The Ganner is epic and probably the strongest character contender for most epic final duel.

Gandalf, the republic comics flashback is awesome! Great choice here!

Jak, solid CE that really fits the last stand theme. Only thing I'm not clear on is Vader Resistance, is that all Force powers or specifically force abilities? Because I don't think Vader has any Force abilities no?

Overall this week have to go with what I see as the best Last Stand incarnations:

3rd Oakel
2nd Jak
1st Gandalf
jak
Posted: Monday, December 17, 2018 8:26:08 AM

#1-corransux--love me sum sithLove

#2-gandalf-padawans better than some of the SWM mastersCool

#3-Gen.G--not sure if running away is a "last stand" but but it's the bast choice leftConfused
Oakel
Posted: Monday, December 17, 2018 11:13:07 AM

1. Gandalf - This is the Republic Jedi Follower that the last CCC was looking for. Also, perfect for this one as well. I like the idea of getting them half health for long shot and then using LS defense to maximize their strength before they go down.
2. Adamb0nd - way to make the characters from the Ewok movie relevant to the SWM game. Well made. Interesting Tech.
3. GG - Very apropos to the Clone Wars Grievous. Crawl Rush and Wall climber are excellent together. That Twin/Counterstrike/Jedi Hunter is a brutal combination.

Good job everyone!
gandalfthegreatestwizard
Posted: Monday, December 17, 2018 12:30:31 PM

1. GG

2. Oakel

3. adamb0nd
General_Grievous
Posted: Monday, December 17, 2018 2:55:08 PM

Gandalf looks like we tied for points brother, and tied for first place votes, but you have more second place votes and are thus the winner! Congratulations and I really enjoyed the comics throwback! Look forward to see what you come up with next!
CorellianComedian
Posted: Monday, December 17, 2018 3:48:22 PM

Great job everyone. Feel a little silly for not participating in my own round, but hey, that's Finals for you.
General_Grievous
Posted: Monday, December 17, 2018 4:50:32 PM

CorellianComedian wrote:
Great job everyone. Feel a little silly for not participating in my own round, but hey, that's Finals for you.

At least you made your own last stand? Haha