RegisterDonateLogin

Has altered the deal. Pray it does not alter it further.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Who were the Winners at Gencon 2009? Options
Darth_Jim
Posted: Friday, August 21, 2009 3:05:37 PM
Groups: Member

Jester007 did indeed have abysmal luck with Dash in that first game. I made a very foolish move with Rieeken and he did everything he needed to do to take advantage of it except roll a hit. If it makes you feel any better Jester, 2 of the 3 games I lost were by 1 and 4 pts, both on the last activation of the game. The dreaded black dice got me too...particularly on the map roll, losing 6 out of 7.
After going 3-1 the first day at 150 using a speeder build and losing only to TimmerB123 (Tim, I am going to buy you a box of Decon lol) I made the choice to go with a unique but underpowered squad for the championship. I felt that I didn't have enough time practicing with the speeder (I bought it about a month before GenCon) and I figured with all of the mirror matches I would probably see I'd be fighting an uphill battle. As it turned out I only saw 2, so maybe that was a mistake. At any rate, I didn't find the matches boring against the speeder, but maybe my opinion is colored by the fact that where I play I haven't seen it much.
I learned a lot at my first GenCon...next year I'll have a lot more practice with and against the current meta and I won't be playing in the National Championship with a tier 2 squad.
Jonnyb815
Posted: Saturday, August 22, 2009 6:53:58 PM

sleep got to me i was misplacing rex when i was towing. If you know how I play rex and r2 you know I dont misplace like I was. I went 4-3 with my gungan rex squad. I just couldnt drop the speeder. my three loses were to the speeder. It had like 20-10 hps left in all my games with leia or han dead in all of them.
LandShark
Posted: Saturday, August 22, 2009 7:23:36 PM

Sounds like just everyone who went had a good time, regardless of the squads being played.

I wont be making the same mistake next year.