RegisterDonateLogin

Makes you a wonderful human being.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

CCC Week 224 - This is getting out of hand, now there's 3 of them! Options
adamb0nd
Posted: Thursday, July 1, 2021 11:15:25 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator

We have seen 2 characters on 1 card, but what about 3!? What about more!?

This weeks challenge is to design a piece that represents 3 or more characters. Han, Chewie, and Luke on the Death Star? Rex, Ahsoka, and Anankin? How you do it is up to you! The only rule is that the fig may cost a maximum of 100 points.

Good luck!

When it's time to judge, you should consider the following:
1. Does this character feel different than existing versions?
2. While different, does this card still feel appropriate in flavor and accuracy to the character it represents?
3. Is this character any good and worth playing over existing versions?

Good luck!

1. The character must be canonical to either of the Canon or Legends continuities but must be from the chosen faction when required. They can have affinity, but the character must start in the chosen faction.

2. You may update any existing versions you already have and/or create a new one. You may update/create several versions of the character but you must ultimately select 1 you wish to run with. (this must be done by the schedule below)

3. Place a hyperlink in this forum to make it easier to find your character. You can just post the stats or image here but if changes are needed it would be easier (and save space) if you just used a Hyperlink (If you don't know how to post Hyperlinks in a forum setting please ask and we will help you. It's not hard )

4. Voting works as follows, pick your three favorite customs based on accuracy to the character, design, balance or whatever you decide makes the best incarnation of the challenge character. First place receives 3 points, 2nd place receives 2 points, and 3rd place receives 1 point.

5. You do not have to enter the contest in order to vote. But unless you enter you must have at least 10 forum posts.

6. To make things fair you must vote in order to win the contest. You must choose three characters entered in the contest and you may not rate or vote for your own character.

7. The winner will be decided by how many points they receive. Ties will be broken by most 1st place votes, then if still tied, 2nd place votes and then 3rd place votes. If still tied, then the outcome is a tie.

8. You may not change or update the entered character AFTER the deadline.

You will have until Saturday July 10, 2021 @8pm EDT to get your submissions in. Anything submitted after this point will not be included in the voting.

Voting will start at 8pm Saturday evening and end at 11pm EDT on Sunday July 11th.

At the conclusion of the voting the scores will be tallied and the winner will start a new topic with their choice of theme.
ArgonNaito
Posted: Thursday, July 1, 2021 1:08:23 PM
Groups: Member

DarthBainCapital
Posted: Thursday, July 1, 2021 1:34:49 PM

Can it be three or more? I was thinking of doing Han, Chewy, Leia, C3PO, and R2 in ewok net.
adamb0nd
Posted: Thursday, July 1, 2021 2:20:30 PM

Hahah, for that, I updated the rules. 3 or more* characters is fine. Whatever people find most fun and interesting. Still needs to be 100pts or less.
DarthBainCapital
Posted: Thursday, July 1, 2021 5:15:35 PM

Thanks adamb0nd.

Here is my submission:
http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/39705/c3po--r2d2--han--leia--and-chewbacca-in-ewok-net

Let me know if the 2/3s seems reasonable or if it should be more or less. The main purpose of the piece is to encourage a rush to the center and a different style of play.
Udorian84
Posted: Friday, July 2, 2021 12:10:28 AM

Leorenhatake
Posted: Friday, July 2, 2021 11:26:31 AM

adamb0nd
Posted: Sunday, July 4, 2021 10:33:09 AM

General_Grievous
Posted: Thursday, July 8, 2021 1:33:36 PM

http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/39717/bad-batch

Because I’ve been loving this show so much, no spoilers in it either
adamb0nd
Posted: Sunday, July 11, 2021 7:49:12 PM

Good entries. Legacy has a special place in my heart.

1 Leorenhatake
2 argon
3 GG
ArgonNaito
Posted: Monday, July 12, 2021 7:56:15 AM

1. Leorenhatake
2. adam
3. General
Udorian84
Posted: Monday, July 12, 2021 8:01:54 AM

1. leorenhatake
2. argon
3. GG
adamb0nd
Posted: Tuesday, July 13, 2021 7:55:22 AM

Any more votes? Lots of entries this week. Leorenhatake is posed to be hard to beat at this point.
DarthBainCapital
Posted: Tuesday, July 13, 2021 9:12:21 AM

1. Adam
2.leorenhatake
3. udorian
General_Grievous
Posted: Tuesday, July 13, 2021 1:26:15 PM

Argon, wow I love this piece. I’m a huge fan of the Legacy comics and you did an excellent job portraying them here. My only critique is I think these guys are a bit to strong as they are and primarily because of their commander effect. They really shut down lightsaber users and cortosis gauntlet is such a strong game ending ability that making it happen on a 13 or higher really cripples any other lightsaber team out there that doesn’t have a gimmick to dodge defensive abilities. I think even a +1 would be more reasonable. As is these guys with their super game-ending block thematically epic but powerful shields should put them more into the epic range of costing. But all that being said the rest of the characters are spot on and super fun.

Udorian, interesting idea here and may need some clarification as to how it all works. But I loved the scene in the episode and you definitely went the most outside the box here.

Adam, great job here with the ghost combo, maybe not as flashy as some of the huge costly characters we’ve seen this week but you made an excellent thematic piece that can really make a splash and look awesome.

Darth Bain, super fun piece! I think you wanted to have cost X instead of 0 here. I am not sure of the balance here but should be fine at the 2/3 range. I really like the pieces that shake up how a game is played though.

Leo, man the nostalgia, excellent job here man! Nothing I would change at all.

3rd Adam
2nd Darth Bain
1st Leo

Well Leo has it if he votes haha. Otherwise if my math is write it goes to Adam.
adamb0nd
Posted: Tuesday, July 13, 2021 7:22:12 PM

I'll give Leo until noon tomorrow. Ive posted the last 3 weeks. I like it, but wanna give other people the chance to come up with ideas.