RegisterDonateLogin

Range 6

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Cad iz bad, But Tortured Jedi Makes 'Em Meanuh......... Options
Mickey
Posted: Saturday, October 31, 2009 12:47:11 AM
Groups: Member

To my knowledge that is the largest the empire was--ever. It was run by sith thus it was a sith empire. Besides, all the arguments I have seen is that Darth Bane was the best and he brought about the rule of two making 2 sith the norm. Right?
Gemini1179
Posted: Saturday, October 31, 2009 1:56:56 AM

Darth Krayt has daddy issues. So too does Darth Talon.... in fact, most of the One Sith seem to have some serious personal issues. Their order was doomed from the start.

Legacy should get a little more interesting when Darth Talon learns of Wyrrlok's... ambition.

Palpatine's success was built on what Bane had planned and started. He was incredibly powerful, and a master manipulator, but in the end, became too proud of his own genius.

Eroschilles
Posted: Saturday, October 31, 2009 5:05:34 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator

Lachesis wrote:
Mickey wrote:
Well I guess we can say the jedi order is more powerful than the sith because in the end a young farm boy took down an entire sith empire without even using his light saber. All he had to do was use his reasoning to get to his dad to do it for him ThumbsUp

would u call it a sith empire, 2 sith and no others being trained, the jedi was thought to be a dead religion at the begining of the 4th movie

If you read the EU, then there are lots of other darkside force trained individuals in Palpatine's Empire. Darth Bane's Rule of Two prevented from there being more than two sith lords at a time. So the force trained people weren't techinically sith.
Mandalore Da Beast
Posted: Saturday, October 31, 2009 5:26:03 AM

Gemini1179 wrote:
Darth Krayt has daddy issues. So too does Darth Talon.... in fact, most of the One Sith seem to have some serious personal issues. Their order was doomed from the start.

Legacy should get a little more interesting when Darth Talon learns of Wyrrlok's... ambition.

Palpatine's success was built on what Bane had planned and started. He was incredibly powerful, and a master manipulator, but in the end, became too proud of his own genius.

perfectly said.
RevRevGar
Posted: Saturday, October 31, 2009 6:02:55 AM

Mickey wrote:
Besides, all the arguments I have seen is that Darth Bane was the best and he brought about the rule of two making 2 sith the norm. Right?

Darth Bane stole the rule of two from Revan...

One to have power, one to crave it.
Mandalore Da Beast
Posted: Saturday, October 31, 2009 6:10:39 AM

RevRevGar wrote:
Mickey wrote:
Besides, all the arguments I have seen is that Darth Bane was the best and he brought about the rule of two making 2 sith the norm. Right?

Darth Bane stole the rule of two from Revan...

One to have power, one to crave it.

he didnt steal it, revans holocron was there for the taking for his teachings.
though it might not have been the easiest 'cron to find, it was hidden with a purpose.
Revan got his belief from his interaction with Malak, which almost became Revans down fall.
Mandalore Da Beast
Posted: Saturday, October 31, 2009 6:11:43 AM

Mickey wrote:
To my knowledge that is the largest the empire was--ever. It was run by sith thus it was a sith empire. Besides, all the arguments I have seen is that Darth Bane was the best and he brought about the rule of two making 2 sith the norm. Right?

and yes Mickey, the empire was created by the Sith, therefore making it a Sith Empire.
Lachesis
Posted: Saturday, October 31, 2009 9:58:01 AM

Mandalore Da Beast wrote:
Mickey wrote:

and yes Mickey, the empire was created by the Sith, therefore making it a Sith Empire.

the empire was created by the votes of the senate making it a votes of the senate empire.

wasnt created by the sith, s*** the empire were the good guys when u think of it. it was just a diffrent way to run the galaxy, who are we to judge, people in china are happy enough.
Mickey
Posted: Saturday, October 31, 2009 10:28:58 AM

Actually they didn't vote to form the empire. They voted to put Palpatine into a position where he had total control for the war effort. Then when the war ended he declared the jedi outlaws for a supposed rebellion. It was then not long after that he dissolved the senate and took total control. All of that says to me Palpatine being a sith lord formed a sith empire. The empire approved of slavery of the wookiees and enforced their will throughout the galaxy. How was that just a different way of running things?
Mandalore Da Beast
Posted: Saturday, October 31, 2009 10:36:21 AM

Mickey wrote:
Actually they didn't vote to form the empire. They voted to put Palpatine into a position where he had total control for the war effort. Then when the war ended he declared the jedi outlaws for a supposed rebellion. It was then not long after that he dissolved the senate and took total control. All of that says to me Palpatine being a sith lord formed a sith empire. The empire approved of slavery of the wookiees and enforced their will throughout the galaxy. How was that just a different way of running things?

what he said.......
Palpatine hijacked the senate.
never not once did the "Senate" come to a vote to make an "Empire".
in republic eyes, an "Empire" would destroy Democracy, which by the way is everything the republic stood for.
an Empire removes democracy, which means the Senate would have never voted yes too it.
you saw the Movie Lach, The Emperor DECLARED the Republic as the newly formed Empire.
Fredwood
Posted: Sunday, November 1, 2009 5:34:48 AM

Laid the groundwork lol, Rule of 2 doesn't make one a great sith. Gathering resources that will eventually bring down the republic that doesn't come to fruition for multiple generations, doesn't make you the sole person responsible for it's destruction . Make all the excuses you want for Bane, Pals actually did it, He took on the the greatest Jedis of all time ,face to face, after deceiving them and the greatest civilization in the history of the galaxy, and reduced them both to rubble. Collecting stuff and being a glorified treasure hunter (it's only for effect, that's not how I actually view him) doesn't make you better than the man that planned his own coup and actually did it, end of story.

I'm not discounting Bane, was he extremely important? Absolutely, but in the end, no one sith ever accomplished as much as Sid did, and no one sith held so much power as he did. Trying to attribute all that success to a guy who pointed the order in the right direction a millenia before he came to power, is just silly and is in the realm of fanboyism.

Also as to Revan, I have a hard time seeing Revan as a true Sith in the first place, I don't see him as a true Jedi either, and I probably won't come to a decision one way or the other until we finally have a conclusion to his saga.
Mandalore Da Beast
Posted: Sunday, November 1, 2009 3:02:17 PM

Sidious did it right, yes, he had the Senate.
But only because he had the senate did he take over the republic, to make the Empire.
we are talking 2 different timelines with completely different circumstances.
mind you, these are my opinions only.
Space Jawa
Posted: Monday, November 2, 2009 5:20:34 AM

Lachesis wrote:
ok the reason i dislike lucas so very much, is he has to much power. yeah he made star wars, but he could ruin it in a heart beat. if george lucas wanted to change cade skywalker into a pure light, pure hearted jedi, close to that of obi wan. he could. even though anyone who ever has read one of the legacy comics knows that that would completely ruin the comic, he could do it, and what does that matter to him, nothing. hes still rich he is still makeing money, but what happens to the writers that are making legacy, they suffer from the decline in an already declining market.

Personally, the amount of power, control, and ownership that Lucas has over his own frikkin' universe that he himself created is one of the things I admire about him.
Let's be honest, if it weren't Lucas who had all that power over Star Wars, it would be some corporation like 20th Century Fox, in which case the exact same thing would apply, only with whoever's in charge of 20CF taking Lucas' place. The 20CF guy or group of guys would then be free to make all the decisions you worry Lucas could make if they wanted to.
But because Lucas is the one in the drivers seat, he's the one that gets the flack.
Mandalore Da Beast
Posted: Monday, November 2, 2009 5:25:37 AM

Lucas = star wars
No Lucas = No Star Wars
so i guess that would mean we would be playing He Man Minis, or GI Joe minis, or for the girls....Strawberry shortcake minis? i say let the GOD of SW do what he wants, because i will be Kriffed if i have to teach someone how to play my LIL Pony minis. (sorry guys, but these were the toys of my time, at the time.)
Its Georgies world......though i may not be a huge fan of his directorial skills, he did create a story for all of us to partake in.
Weaver
Posted: Monday, November 2, 2009 5:41:33 AM

Mandalore Da Beast wrote:
or GI Joe minis

I could get behind that.
Mandalore Da Beast
Posted: Monday, November 2, 2009 5:55:44 AM

as long as they dont make a bazzillion Cobra commander minis and one Serpentor, i can get behind it too.
obviously, i would run Cobra.