RegisterDonateLogin

More useful than 90% of Rebel Storm.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Poll Question : Would this make GOWK unbannable?
Choice Votes Statistics
Yes 1 2.173913 %
No 45 97.826086 %

Simple GOWK Fix Options
dnemiller
Posted: Monday, November 2, 2009 9:16:14 AM
Groups: Member

by agreeing with the profanity laced post you in fact disrespect the members of this forum who do abide by the rules as much as the poster.

There was no reason for that post to be laced with profanity. This is not speech where a word slips out. This is typed communication.

It took just as many keystrokes to type the F-Bomb as it would have to say another word that expresses the same meaning without using profanity.

It is sad that although the forum rules are posted that some people seem fit to ignore the easiest one to follow. It is disrespectful to the minors who use this board.

My son is not allowed to post or read these forums right now because of it. I am not trying to mudsling but some of the people here really think if they have something to say that they can just drop any profanity they want into it.
DarthJak
Posted: Monday, November 2, 2009 9:38:11 AM

Sneaky GOWK is a four letter wordThumbDown
Mandalore Da Beast
Posted: Monday, November 2, 2009 11:19:42 AM

dnemiller wrote:
by agreeing with the profanity laced post you in fact disrespect the members of this forum who do abide by the rules as much as the poster.

There was no reason for that post to be laced with profanity. This is not speech where a word slips out. This is typed communication.

It took just as many keystrokes to type the F-Bomb as it would have to say another word that expresses the same meaning without using profanity.

It is sad that although the forum rules are posted that some people seem fit to ignore the easiest one to follow. It is disrespectful to the minors who use this board.

My son is not allowed to post or read these forums right now because of it. I am not trying to mudsling but some of the people here really think if they have something to say that they can just drop any profanity they want into it.

dude, it was forgotten hours ago.
let it go.
you cannot change people, only hope that people change.
im sorry yer kid doesnt post on this site, i just hope he doesnt watch movies that have cussing in it either, because this site, is fairly G rated compared to the real world and what movies portray.
if someone doesnt agree with something that is said, then maybe that person need not post. unfortunately, thats the only remedy for this. it will never happen, but that is what it comes down to. you dont like what some one said? report it to a mod, thats what they are here for. well, they arent here for that exact reason, but they will edit posts, as they have already.
people are going to cram their beliefs down other peoples throats, whether we like it or not, and to continue a debate that is long dead proves that.
And yes, GOWK is a four letter word....DEAD.
dnemiller
Posted: Monday, November 2, 2009 12:07:17 PM

Mandalore Da Beast wrote:
dnemiller wrote:

dude, it was forgotten hours ago.
let it go.
you cannot change people, only hope that people change.
im sorry yer kid doesnt post on this site, i just hope he doesnt watch movies that have cussing in it either, because this site, is fairly G rated compared to the real world and what movies portray.
if someone doesnt agree with something that is said, then maybe that person need not post. unfortunately, thats the only remedy for this. it will never happen, but that is what it comes down to. you dont like what some one said? report it to a mod, thats what they are here for. well, they arent here for that exact reason, but they will edit posts, as they have already.
people are going to cram their beliefs down other peoples throats, whether we like it or not, and to continue a debate that is long dead proves that.
And yes, GOWK is a four letter word....DEAD.

I had a rather lengthy respnse but really what is the point really. I will not feed the troll.
dalsiandon
Posted: Monday, November 2, 2009 12:18:00 PM

I want to respond to the original post, but the thread has so gone askew that I have a hard time remembering. I just know that from what I've been seeing there is no real simple answer or fix to the banned Obi.

As for people crying about it, one side or the other, I say we just move along, play with what we've got, and discuss other matters.

Let's not go back down a road of malaciousness on this site now.
dalsiandon
Posted: Monday, November 2, 2009 12:19:59 PM

I also accept not all sides are malicous, soem are legitamate in their concern to reinstute GOWK, and others to keep him out.

Unfortuantly most of the legitamacy get's lost in translation and in logn threads that go in circles. I've seen this road before, and would like best not to repeat it.

Again, I can't even remeber what the OP was asking because it's so far off topic now.
Mandalore Da Beast
Posted: Monday, November 2, 2009 12:31:07 PM

Miller...
i got yer troll right here.