RegisterDonateLogin

Prefers a straight fight to all this sneaking around.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Poll Question : Best Faction with regard to playability !?
Choice Votes Statistics
Imperial 10 14.084507 %
Rebels 25 35.211267 %
Separatists 3 4.225352 %
Mandos 2 2.816901 %
Sith 1 1.408450 %
New Republic 5 7.042253 %
Old Republic 1 1.408450 %
Republic 24 33.802816 %
Vong 0 0.000000 %

Best Faction with regard to playability !? (Tournament) Options
TK-4334
Posted: Sunday, November 15, 2009 2:04:26 AM
Groups: Member

owaller3 wrote:
TK-4334 wrote:
I vote rebels, too they have all nice SA´s for low cost, but i think Imps, Republic, and perhaps NR are close up.

I NEVER lose a game because of bad luck (perhaps 5%) . Sure if the die isn´t with u it can be hard to win. Just my opinion.

Props on the Dawn of Bane squad. I used it this weekend in a tournament no one even came close and I even beat Lobbin' Luke on train station. I was skeptical at first but it played very well. The most points my opponent got was 14.

Sure i know the power of the Dawn of Bane Squad. I played it on French Championship very favourable. Laugh

Lobbin Luke is easy to beat on train station with this Squad but i think rebels have the option to build a Squad against Dawn of Bane and being comp. to other Squads as well.

So i voted rebels.

I will not say that a great rebel Squad can beat every nice Squad from each other faction, because there are other factors too like how good is the player and of course a little bit luck.
darkjacen
Posted: Sunday, November 15, 2009 11:52:12 AM

My vote's for the Republic. It has many useful combinations of SAs and not to mention most of the characters are known (just like the rebels).

That and if you're a sucker for Jedi on a squad this faction gives more to choose from.BigGrin
Weeks
Posted: Sunday, November 15, 2009 1:43:51 PM

I voted rebels for the time being. Cheap tech is where its at i almost always play them in big tourneys cause they are so good, i try to never play them besides then.

@ billiv15 I'm about to go to bed tonight i'll check out sith news tomo for those updates, thanks.

Also as of now the sith dont have any votes which kind of sucks at 200 points they are super fun to play. Why no votes?
TK-4334
Posted: Monday, November 16, 2009 12:51:46 AM

Weeks wrote:

Also as of now the sith dont have any votes which kind of sucks at 200 points they are super fun to play. Why no votes?

Because FUN isn´t really compitive
Wysten
Posted: Monday, November 16, 2009 7:44:01 AM

TK-4334 wrote:
Weeks wrote:

Because FUN isn´t really compitive

And the fact is they have some fundimental flaws.

Sure, the faction itself has fairly solid leaders (though, most of them lack any defensive abilities. A crippling weakness), it has hardly any notable units and is typically forced to compete in a area which frankly the Empire and Republic do much better. They have enough powerful Jedi which they can swap in and out at a moments notice, board wide commander effects and in the Republics case ability to do other skills beyond that. Fairly strong shooting squads included.

The Sith they have some fairly strong leaders, but not the support to make them beyond that and running the more potent sith together is expensive.

Of course, thats just my throughts on them, but any squad that is being forced to compete against a squad that has the potencial range to do that job better, and more aside, is bound to make it less powerful. Easpically since Vong can can handle melee combat better.

Personally, Republic, Rebels, Imperials are at the top of the food chain generally due to them having some of the most flat out effective commander effects and branching support, with most other factions being slightly less powerful in terms of range of support. Of course, this is not talking about builds in anyway, which is a different kettle of fish (Republic, Rebel and Imperials alone have a good number of potent verants, with seps having a smaller number, but equally pontent builds thanks to Grevious) which can't really be measured.

Just playing as a powerful faction won't nessarily grant victory, there is a lot of room on the battle field to make differences with strong tactical decisions. ^^
Yames2.0
Posted: Monday, November 16, 2009 9:48:22 AM

i would vote fringe if it was on the list since theres always at leaste 1 fringe piece in every squad making them the most "playable"
TK-4334
Posted: Tuesday, November 17, 2009 2:14:28 AM

Yames2.0 wrote:
i would vote fringe if it was on the list since theres always at leaste 1 fringe piece in every squad making them the most "playable"

U would never play pure Fringe. If u have a good Fringe Squad, add Dodonna and u have a great Rebel (Fringe) Squad.