RegisterDonateLogin

The Force is with Bloo Milk, but it is not a Jedi yet.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Poll Question : WHat was the best mini of the year in your opinion
Choice Votes Statistics
Genera; grevious droid army comander 6 5.000000 %
Capitan Rex 14 11.666666 %
Mouse Droid 61 50.833333 %
General Rieekan 14 11.666666 %
Leia skywalker jedi knight 6 5.000000 %
Grand Master Yoda 1 0.833333 %
R7 astromech Droid 4 3.333333 %
Cad Bane 5 4.166666 %
Other (please specify) 9 7.500000 %

2009 mini of the year!!! Options
swinefeld
Posted: Tuesday, December 8, 2009 2:57:50 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator

Draconarius wrote:
Jango123 wrote:
Mouse droids helps some factions, but I don't know how anyone can vote for that over General Reikan.

You pretty much answered your own question. Mice help multiple factions, if not every faction. Rieekan helps the Rebels and only the Rebels and is probaby a tad too close to the the big B-word for some people to like him.

Sums it up nicely for me BigGrin
IG-108
Posted: Tuesday, December 8, 2009 9:32:15 AM
Groups: Member

Well lets take a look at each choice individually and what they've done.

GGDAC: Upon his apperance, the Separatist faction, with their many droids, immediatly became much more viable in both casual play, and in official tournaments. While some considered his CE to be "broken", creative thinkers and future sets ensured that GGDAC and his droids stayed at a fair level.

Captain Rex: Another great CE for a faction full of them. An amazing stand alone shooter for a fair cost as well as a great commander for clones with multiple attacks (Repeating Blaster anyone?). Still not game breaking and fun to play with or against (depending on your point of view).

Mouse Droid: Obviously by the poll, this piece seems to be the choice for best mini of 2009. A great alternative to Booming Voice for every faction that isn't Republic, makes limited range CEs much more useful, and all at an extremely cheap cost. While playing in tournaments or casual play against a squad effectivly using Mouse Droids can certainly make the game much harder (sometimes), the Mouse Droid is not yet game breaking (especially with the BD Sergant and Mouse Droid Combo scare over).

General Riekan: Yet another great CE in the game and brought the Rebels up a few notches for tournament play. Other than more survivability for his squadmates, he doesn't change much of the game.

Leia Skywalker, Jedi Knight: Decent piece with a CE that can prove to be a pain when fighting against her, but not much else. She's not too good of a stand alone mini and her CE is limited.

Grand Master Yoda: Falls under the same thing as Grandmaster Luke Skywalker would if he were on the list. A great beatstick, a good CE, but that's it. I wouldn't want to fight against him often (or at all if I could avoid it), but doesn't really bring much to the game at all.

R7 Astromech Droid: At last, a piece that balances out the teams some more. While I personally believe override is being overused, that's my personal opinion. Finally we have a Fringe piece that has override that isn't unique, and is cheaply costed. Now the game seems more balanced for those with little to no ughnaught demolitionists or any of the unique override characters.

Cad Bane: An amazing stand alone shooter that is made even more dangerous in the right squad. He is basically as big as Boba Fett Bounty Hunter was when released in the Bounty Hunters set (both Cad Bane and Boba Fett are great in their own respects). While he's certainly a great piece, I don't think he'll be changing the game much than any other good shooter has.

Other: Here are some characters I think would fall under the "Other" catagory:
General Obi-Wan Kenobi: So good of a piece, he was banned from tournament play.
General Loathsome: The missing link between CEs for both Sep droids and living characters.
Grandmaster Luke Skywalker: Pretty much the same reasons as Grandmaster Yoda.
Emperor Palpatine on Throne: The force battery of Star Wars Miniatures. He also comes with great survivability on that throne of his.
Xeonaught
Posted: Tuesday, December 8, 2009 4:14:23 PM

You are right Ig. unfortunatly there were only 8 spaces or i would have put more in
TK-4334
Posted: Tuesday, December 8, 2009 5:06:58 PM

Well said
wampafang
Posted: Wednesday, December 9, 2009 3:18:07 AM

General Riekan: Big impact at GenCon.
Shadowdragon
Posted: Thursday, December 10, 2009 1:13:05 PM

All great pieces, though due to bad pulls and not too many boosters I have none of them, but I vote for Cad Bane.
Mandalore Da Beast
Posted: Thursday, December 10, 2009 5:08:17 PM

Mouse droids hands down.
sure, Rieekan is a good piece, slightly Broken, but highly effective....for Rebels.
Mousies are universal, and benefit everyone, and they are even better at keeping yer Commander alive so you dont have to run him out to his Death!
Xeonaught
Posted: Thursday, December 10, 2009 11:20:40 PM

And the winner by a land slide 51% of all the votes is...(drum roll)......

THE MOUSE DROID!!!!!!