RegisterDonateLogin

Does not tread lightly in the Jundland Wastes.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

What Weird Items Do You Use For SWM's Games? Options
Darth Percocet
Posted: Friday, February 5, 2010 11:51:02 AM
Groups: Member

SquelchDog wrote:
@ Darth Percocet, where did you get those Key Chain Stretcher's?

They sell them pretty much everywhere, i seen them in Dollar Stores.Office Supply Stores have this too & even though they might be more expensive i think they are the better ones, they have the button on the base when you push it the string retracts back in the base as to the Dollar Store ones, they usualy just sell the ones where you pull the string out & when your done you just let go & it retracts but i find it harder with using them ones because you have to hold the string out.

I also use the plexi glass trick for my maps. Its better than the Laminate because when you get a map laminated then it makes it harder to transport them. As when you have the plexi glass you can still just fold them up & put them in your bag or whatever. Works good & plexi glass isnt to much money, you can go to home depot & just buy a thinner grade of it & it still works fine because of the weight it has.
yggral
Posted: Friday, February 5, 2010 11:54:34 AM

kite string and sleeves and erasable marker for health and force works well
trick624
Posted: Friday, February 5, 2010 1:36:38 PM

jastermereel85 wrote:
Depending on what candy we are snacking on...we sometimes use Skittles for door markers. Green Skittle means door Overriden open, red Skittle means door is locked. When I use a bunch of UC/Cs, I will sometimes use the candy to mark which ones have taken a hit, green equals almost full health, then yellow, orange, and red for "near dead." It works great until we run out of candy.

lol you forgot about the empty nerd casings for door override sometimes too. colored side means door was exploded, carboard side means its over-ridden closed.

next time i vote we try more elaborate or half eaten candy to remind me that must count two through difficult terrain.
EvilYeti
Posted: Saturday, February 6, 2010 3:59:14 AM

For damage and FPs I put a sleeve on a character's card, then I use dry erase marker to mark it. Probably not a new idea, but it works.
SquelchDog
Posted: Saturday, February 6, 2010 8:22:35 AM

Darth Percocet wrote:
SquelchDog wrote:
@ Darth Percocet, where did you get those Key Chain Stretcher's?

They sell them pretty much everywhere, i seen them in Dollar Stores.Office Supply Stores have this too & even though they might be more expensive i think they are the better ones, they have the button on the base when you push it the string retracts back in the base as to the Dollar Store ones, they usualy just sell the ones where you pull the string out & when your done you just let go & it retracts but i find it harder with using them ones because you have to hold the string out.

I also use the plexi glass trick for my maps. Its better than the Laminate because when you get a map laminated then it makes it harder to transport them. As when you have the plexi glass you can still just fold them up & put them in your bag or whatever. Works good & plexi glass isnt to much money, you can go to home depot & just buy a thinner grade of it & it still works fine because of the weight it has.

Cool, thanks on the Key Chain Stretcher's. ThumpUp

Ya I love the Plexiglas/birch-wood combo. ThumbsUp
juice man
Posted: Sunday, February 14, 2010 2:19:53 AM

Off to an office supply store for me. I've had too many times of slipping and letting go one end or the other of those Key Chain Stretchers, and WHAM !! Where was your Vader??
DarthJak
Posted: Sunday, February 14, 2010 5:09:39 AM

Heart looks like you screwed me again!
juice man
Heart
juice man
Posted: Sunday, February 14, 2010 5:27:40 AM

Or, maybe - sorry about your fingers.
Durge Dude
Posted: Friday, February 19, 2010 10:26:47 AM

Darth Percocet wrote:

Check these out, these are the things we use for LOS they work amazing in my opinion.Regardless your getting a straight line & it doesnt take up room like a ruler, & its easy to swing from one corner to the other to see your full LOS, if they have cover etc. Works good

Thats what we use in my group, as for telling grunts apart, we use white out on the bases and card, usually different numbers of dots, but I had to get more creative, I have 14 Gotal Mercs, and I have fielded atleast 8 at once to great use with Nym and a Merc Com.BigGrin