RegisterDonateLogin

Recommended by 2 out of 5 Tusken Raiders.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Viable in the new Meta Options
billiv15
Posted: Tuesday, May 12, 2009 5:35:41 AM
Groups: Member

owaller3 wrote:
@Billiv15

You've prodded me enough. I'll look into learning Vassal and try to get a 2 hour block to play you. No promises since I am extremely busy but I will give it a go. I'll PM you with a time.

Good to hear. It really makes it a lot easier to communicate what you are doing with a given squad than posting back and forth here. :)
Urza Planeswalker Jedi Master
Posted: Tuesday, May 12, 2009 6:24:47 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator

Is it possible to watch other "duel" on Vassal like on MTG:Online or are the only ones that can see it are the actual participants.
billiv15
Posted: Tuesday, May 12, 2009 6:26:45 AM

Urza Planeswalker Jedi Master wrote:
Is it possible to watch other "duel" on Vassal like on MTG:Online or are the only ones that can see it are the actual participants.

Yes you can watch. All you need to do is enter the room they are in, right click on one of the participant's names and click "Sync".
imyurhukaberry
Posted: Tuesday, May 12, 2009 6:50:39 AM

You'll probably want to do best 2 out of 3 as well, to make up for any oddball die rolls.
(You know what I mean Joruus! haha)
Urza Planeswalker Jedi Master
Posted: Tuesday, May 12, 2009 6:56:33 AM

billiv15 wrote:
Urza Planeswalker Jedi Master wrote:

Yes you can watch. All you need to do is enter the room they are in, right click on one of the participant's names and click "Sync".

Thats cool. Will you guys post when you're going to play so the rest of us can watch.
awesome
Posted: Tuesday, May 12, 2009 9:19:22 AM

owaller3 wrote:
@awsome. I have two questions about your squad. Are you aware that Princess Leia, Senator's CE doesn't allow Cade to do double and then move? It requires that you end your move within 6 to gain the extra 2 squares during the end of your turn. Since you didn't move at all, you haven't met the requirements to end your move. Also what is the optimal map choice for your squad?

No it lets you move 2 extra at the end of your TURN not movement(its not a part of movement anyways).

Besides End of your turn, doesnt require you to move because if you dont move its not like your never going to end it, so end of your turn just means after you double or move and attack or go 12 squares.
Omnus
Posted: Tuesday, May 12, 2009 10:22:46 AM

awesome wrote:
owaller3 wrote:
@awsome. I have two questions about your squad. Are you aware that Princess Leia, Senator's CE doesn't allow Cade to do double and then move? It requires that you end your move within 6 to gain the extra 2 squares during the end of your turn. Since you didn't move at all, you haven't met the requirements to end your move. Also what is the optimal map choice for your squad?

No it lets you move 2 extra at the end of your TURN not movement(its not a part of movement anyways).

Besides End of your turn, doesnt require you to move because if you dont move its not like your never going to end it, so end of your turn just means after you double or move and attack or go 12 squares.

Actually...

Quote:
Each follower that ends its move within 6 squares of this character can move 2 extra squares at the end of its turn.

If the character does not move on it's turn, it does not benefit from the CE.
awesome
Posted: Tuesday, May 12, 2009 11:13:37 AM

When it uses double it does END ITS TURN it just has end within 6 of here, doesnt mean you have to move.
billiv15
Posted: Tuesday, May 12, 2009 11:16:37 AM

awesome wrote:
When it uses double it does END ITS TURN it just has end within 6 of here, doesnt mean you have to move.

Read the FAQ entry for this commander effect. Or for that matter, click on the glossary link above for it.

Moving 0 does not count as moving. It's been that way since Rebel Storm.
awesome
Posted: Tuesday, May 12, 2009 2:09:31 PM

Alright, but its still a good squad, It might be close.

I think a good anti GOWK squad is one with a bunch of Flamethrower.
dnemiller
Posted: Tuesday, May 12, 2009 2:13:15 PM

awesome wrote:
Alright, but its still a good squad, It might be close.

I think a good anti GOWK squad is one with a bunch of Flamethrower.

if going with flame to kill Gowk I think I would do something with Tarpals.... so at least when you risk doing it once you get it twice but that is just me.
awesome
Posted: Tuesday, May 12, 2009 2:15:00 PM

Yeah with tarples but a kel dor next to him than do it 2 times.
billiv15
Posted: Tuesday, May 12, 2009 4:01:13 PM

awesome wrote:

I had someone try that on me. I won pretty easily.
Jonnyb815
Posted: Tuesday, May 12, 2009 11:06:49 PM

i think the dash rex GOWK squad can beat this but i want to switch to other match ups since your going to see anti-GOWK or squads that were tier one before GOWK.

most of the time if your playing vs tempo your going to be out acted since most tempo squads will have 11 or 12 so they can go toe to toe vs BOB.
ok this squad cant beat vong the dash rex gowk squad i think can if played right.
so i dont see how your squad is all be all. what do you do vs kyle and a noble? vong?
vs rebel cannon squad that out acts you? i really dont see how you can beat a rebel cannon squad. i think vigos might even be a problem for you since they have enough shoots to take out palpy if he is in gambit. what do you do vs BOB played by a top player? they out act you what are you going to do. i dont know if this is even a top tier squad since it cant beat the other top squads. one bad match up your done for. when your thinking about a meta you have to think about GOWK and anti-GOWK squads not just GOWK.

once your dash is gone the dash,rex gowk player can go at vader or palpy either way if you dont kill both dash and rex before vader or palpy go down you lose.
awesome
Posted: Wednesday, May 13, 2009 10:08:54 AM

billiv15 wrote:
awesome wrote:

I had someone try that on me. I won pretty easily.

well if you play it right, it could go a long ways, besides there is going to be a time when both squads get close enough.
owaller3
Posted: Saturday, May 30, 2009 3:39:32 PM

Update

Haven't had a chance to play Billiv15 yet. However, I played against an excellent player using Billiv's strategy twice on ravaged base and once rancor pit. On the ravaged base I won twice by 2 and 11 points. On rancor pit I won by a large margin and the excellent player scooped. It seems that Viable is more effective on open maps like Muunilist and Hoth. I played against a decent player playing a Kyle Mara wedge build on muunilist and won pretty easily. I also played a decent player on hoth using a tarples build. Won easily again.

I learned how to play on vassal so anyone up for a challenge send me a pm and I will see what I can do.
Sithfan
Posted: Monday, June 1, 2009 6:03:28 AM

I know that there have been alot of naysay on this build, but it is a solid build. I have tried it out and a patient player can definitely beat a wide variety of squads. I'm not saying it will kill everything, but it has a chance to do well against a large variety of squads.
owaller3
Posted: Wednesday, June 3, 2009 12:05:53 AM

Jonnyb815 wrote:
i think the dash rex GOWK squad can beat this but i want to switch to other match ups since your going to see anti-GOWK or squads that were tier one before GOWK.

most of the time if your playing vs tempo your going to be out acted since most tempo squads will have 11 or 12 so they can go toe to toe vs BOB.
ok this squad cant beat vong the dash rex gowk squad i think can if played right.
so i dont see how your squad is all be all. what do you do vs kyle and a noble? vong?
vs rebel cannon squad that out acts you? i really dont see how you can beat a rebel cannon squad. i think vigos might even be a problem for you since they have enough shoots to take out palpy if he is in gambit. what do you do vs BOB played by a top player? they out act you what are you going to do. i dont know if this is even a top tier squad since it cant beat the other top squads. one bad match up your done for. when your thinking about a meta you have to think about GOWK and anti-GOWK squads not just GOWK.

once your dash is gone the dash,rex gowk player can go at vader or palpy either way if you dont kill both dash and rex before vader or palpy go down you lose.

There is a right way and a wrong way to play this squad.... and most naysayers play it the wrong way.
Jonnyb815
Posted: Wednesday, June 3, 2009 4:31:52 AM

i know how to play against Ozzel he isnt that hard to play against.You can only acted one I will use that against you. I understand the squad plus if your map is hoth how are you going not get shot up at vs dash rex or lose some pieces. when the mtb was played I played that and san could not play on it.last gencon I knew hoth all most as good as anyone. If you dont have override your going to hurt if they have it.

I really think you need to just find the time to jump on vassal and play lobo or bill so you will understand.
owaller3
Posted: Wednesday, June 3, 2009 7:54:01 AM

Jonnyb815 wrote:
i know how to play against Ozzel he isnt that hard to play against.You can only acted one I will use that against you. I understand the squad plus if your map is hoth how are you going not get shot up at vs dash rex or lose some pieces. when the mtb was played I played that and san could not play on it.last gencon I knew hoth all most as good as anyone. If you dont have override your going to hurt if they have it.

I really think you need to just find the time to jump on vassal and play lobo or bill so you will understand.

First, by making the statement that you "know how to play against Ozzel" only leads me to beleive you fit into the first category of naysayers. Second, if I had more time I would jump on vassal and play lobo or Billiv. (which I tried to do this weekend but Billiv was judging regionals) Seeing how I haven't and last night a player that I classify as excellent (and played most of these matchups against) watched Billiv15 play against Lobo using my squad and Lobo played it incorrectly leads me to believe Lobo doesn't quite understand how to play the squad either.