RegisterDonateLogin

Has been known to make mistakes...from time to time...

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Tell Us About Yourself! Options
TheHutts
Posted: Tuesday, July 17, 2012 8:17:39 PM
Groups: Member

I've noticed that we've had a big influx of new posters over the last couple of weeks, which is great. I thought it'd be cool to ask you all some questions - and you can totally answer if you're an established poster too, since all the new posters don't know you either.

So:

Where do you live?:

How old are you?:

What's your favourite faction?:

What's your favourite piece?:

Do you play or collect?:

Anything else interesting....
TheHutts
Posted: Tuesday, July 17, 2012 8:25:02 PM

And answering for myself:

Where do you live?: Lower Hutt, New Zealand, part of Kezzamachine's Save11 playgroup.

How old are you?: 32

What's your favourite faction?: Republic

What's your favourite piece?: General Skywalker

Do you play or collect?: I like to play, it's fun. The v-sets have really expanded the good squads out there to play, which is great!
AndyHatton
Posted: Tuesday, July 17, 2012 9:31:11 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

Where do you live: Suburbs outside of Philadelphia PA

Favorite Faction: New Republic

Favorite Piece: (REALLY HARD...I'm picking 4 for my 4 favorite SW Characters.) Grandmaster Luke Skywalker, Mara Jade, Jedi, Jacen Solo, Jedi Knight, Jaina Solo, Sword of the Jedi.

Play! I have a few pieces which I just "want" but most of the time I get pieces because I know I will play them

Interesting: I have been a vegeterian for about 7 years now.
Dr Daman
Posted: Wednesday, July 18, 2012 3:58:33 AM

Where do you live?: Upper Hutt, New Zealand

How old are you?: 33

What's your favourite faction?: Imperial - Love all that Tech

What's your favourite piece?: Thrawn (Mitth'raw'nuruodo) just can't bring myself to build an Imp squad without him or GAT Blushing

Do you play or collect?: I mostly get my pieces for play, but i still wanna get them all ThumbsUp
Alek
Posted: Wednesday, July 18, 2012 4:30:28 AM

Where do you live?: Belgrade, Serbia

How old are you?: 44

What's your favourite faction?:Hard to tell... Love them ALL!

What's your favourite piece?: Jarael...

Do you play or collect?: Both. Have 98,5+% (Very soon over 99%!) Will have them all!

Anything else interesting.... Playing here tournaments, scenarios, fun gaming... In addition to V-sets we use many excellent custom cards from the net. That really expanded the game.
Bob Chizo
Posted: Wednesday, July 18, 2012 7:12:32 AM

I'm rather paranoid so just this:

Favourite Faction: Mandalorians ThumbsUp
Favorite Piece: Durge, Jedi HunterDrool
Play or Collect?: My playgroup has died out, so, now I collect more than play, but I'll get a game in with friends every now and then. My collection is about 50% complete.
Anything else interesting: I have been a diver (1 meter springboard) for nine years now.
MaliciousCrumb
Posted: Wednesday, July 18, 2012 10:50:25 AM

I'm paranoid as well, so just putting this down.

Fav faction: Republic (1 of the 3 factions I collect. Fringe and Seps also)

Fav piece: Jango Fett, BH. I'm glad they brought out a V-set of him, because the BH one isn't the most playable piece ever known to humanity. Durge is a close second, and Mace Windu, LOTLS ties with him. Yes, Darph Nader, Jango has the best sculpt ever.

I play and collect. (I'm not sure how someone could play, but not collect! Well, maybe playing on VASSAL, but...) I've only got 12.13% (and counting!) shown on the collection page, but that seems like a lot for me... I've only got 120 something minis. It's getting there.

Kind of copying AndyHatton, but I've been a vegetarian my whole life.
TheHutts
Posted: Wednesday, July 18, 2012 1:54:14 PM

MaliciousCrumb wrote:

There might also be someone 10 minutes drive from you who plays, and you might find them by putting down where you live! That's one reason why I asked.
swinefeld
Posted: Wednesday, July 18, 2012 2:26:16 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

Where do you live?: Makanda, in southern Illinois. On a lovely wooded lot with a plethora of wildlife around.

How old are you?: 47

What's your favourite faction?: I like them all, but Mandos were my first "favorite" when I began playing.

What's your favourite piece?: Tough to choose... KotOR has a bunch that I really like playing.

Do you play or collect?: My playgroup died within a year after WotC bailed, but I still play with my son on occasion, and have managed to go to a regional the past 2 years. I'm still very eager to play whenever I can swing it. I have a complete collection, minus the R&I "set", and am still adding to it, just for fun.

Hmm, well I've been playing guitar for 35 years. Classical/Spanish is my specialty, but still enjoy making a racket with an electric when I get the chance.

I also love BBQing, low and slow. Drool (To the vegetarians in the crowd, I suppose that makes me a dark-sider.)
Remember, "if you're looking, you aren't cooking" so just use the force and keep that lid closed!
EmporerDragon
Posted: Wednesday, July 18, 2012 7:42:03 PM

Where do you live?:

Watertown, South Dakota

How old are you?:

What's your favourite faction?:

Republic

What's your favourite piece?:

RS Tusken Raider. They're just lucky in my squads (especially my blood tusken)

Do you play or collect?:

My playgroup died out when the LGS went out of business several years ago. So just a little collecting as I slowly get the final 2 dozen pieces to complete the collection.

I'm really into videogames with a total game collection of around 600 titles. If I'm online, it'll likely be on xbox live (GT: EmporerDragon) or playing the PC version of TF2 (Steam ID: Therealscottbakula). Currently, I am working on the massive grind that is Warriors Orochi 3.
kobayashimaru
Posted: Wednesday, July 18, 2012 9:47:52 PM

Soundoff huh?

Ah, i'll answer a few.
I live in Australia most of the time, though I travel when I can (will get to Europe one day)
I'm old enough to be well travelled, but young enough to be naive BigGrin (Thats as specific as it gets online, especially where dual/multiple identities can be traced haha)

I have 3 fav factions: Republic, Separatists and the Fringe.
My favorite pieces are Jango Fett, Bounty Hunter. Cade Skywalker, Bounty Hunter. Aurra Sing. Boba Fett, Mercenary. Yoda, Jedi Master and most of the customs Ive made haha.
I used to play competitively in local tournaments (which dried up around 2009), but have always collected to recreate since way back in 2005.

Anything else interesting... hmm well I dabble in writing and arts/voice talent.
I wrote "The Doorman" and "Legend of the Oracle Thumb", they're out there. (NB: don't use my real name if you know it please haha, gotta let people have some mystique). The drafts of both were proofed by Crew and Hill, which have hilarious comments on them.

I met George Perez and Marv Wolfman in a 1-1 workshop setting, made a friend out of Perez but pissed Wolfman off (this is the guy who challenged the 1952 Comic Book code, cause he couldnt publish his surname, and partly revolutionised comic books as we know them today, and I asked him and perez how he changed the Superman mythos and why haha). It was like meeting God/s unexpectedly, and having to quickly ask your one question on the spot haha Good times though.

I also met Temura "Fett-man" Morrison back in the day at a convention... in the bathroom of all places! He IS human after all haha. I asked for an autograph, but didnt have a pen or paper (its the bathroom, come on). So he gave me his Mount Franklin water bottle at the time and said "uh, nice meeting you kid. I have to go, stay cool." and ran out of the bathroom. That was cool!

Had a run in with Karl Urban (I was dressed as superman at the time during a convention meet): He dissed Joel Schumacher's batman films (two of the highest grossing of all time I might add) just because he didnt get to be in the Nolan films. As a side note, just because you were Dr McCoy in reboot, doesnt mean I like it... that, and he ended up eating his words anyway; i mean how "Toytastic" was the 2009 star trek? LOTRs?... haha

Oh, and the best one! Got to meet and get Kate Mulgrew's autograph from way back in 1999 convention tour. That was a highlight, probably the most valuable autograph in my collection.
Right up there with a personal autograph from the Zann man himself. BigGrin
DARPH NADER
Posted: Thursday, July 19, 2012 8:53:34 AM

Here goes....

Where do you live?: Western New York

How old are you?: 44

What's your favourite faction?: Imperial

What's your favourite piece?: The original beatstick, Lord Vader

What's your favourite sculpt?: Jango Fett, Bounty Hunter (Keep waiting for a v-set entry to do him real justice)

Do you play or collect?: Both, 94% complete, its those pesky R & I VR/R's that continue to elude me. As for the playing aspect, we have a small but fairly active PG here in WNY and are always on the lookout for new recruits.
Our group has successfully hosted two events in 2012 and will look to do a third in Q4 2012 after GenCon.

Anything else interesting.... Avid road cyclist and competitive MTB racer.
Biggsy
Posted: Thursday, July 19, 2012 10:01:34 AM

All right here goes..

Where do you live?
Copenhagen, Denmark. There are not many players around here, but we do have a small group that play on a regular basis.

How old are you?
31 and counting..

What's your favourite faction?
That has to be the fringe faction. I've always been a sucker for bounty hunters and smugglers.

If i have to choose a 'real' faction, i think it's the sith at this point. Since the beginning of v-sets, it has grown to be the faction i mostly enjoy playing.

A close runner up is the mandalorians, who i didn't even know existed until i started collecting SWM. I bought a starter pack and 3-4 different boosters, of which one was a Bounty Hunters. I got a basilisk, a mando supercommando and a warrior i think. I thought 'who the heck are those guys Confused', and then went on Wookieepedia to find out.

What's your favourite piece?
It's hard to single out one piece, but one of my absolute favourites are Atton 'Jaq' Rand - This guy is awesome. He runs out, drops massive damage on you and slams the door in your face. Plus, he has a decent chance of cheating death.
Honorable mentions include Celeste Morne, Darth Revan, Sith Lord, Jaster Mereel and Lord Vader.

Do you play or collect?
Both, although i don't play as much as i'd like to. I started collecting after having been introduced to the game by a friend (in 2008 i think). Now i have a 100% complete collection and too many minis to count.

Well, i like playing games. Miniature games, card games, boardgames, PC games, PS3 games. I mostly enjoy physical games over virtual, as it's a great way to spend time with friends.
I also make custom miniatures and terrain when i have the time for it, although i haven't made anything for a while now. I'll get back to it at some point though.
Darth O
Posted: Thursday, July 19, 2012 4:28:39 PM

Where do you live?: Napier, New Zealand

How old are you?: 17

What's your favourite faction?: It's gotta be Republic for me I'd say.

What's your favourite piece?: This is so tricky. A lot of pieces have a special place in my heart Wub

I'll go with Darth Bane, because he was my first proper 'big' VR back in the day :)

Do you play or collect?: I used to play heaps with one of my mates, but he has since moved country. I still play on VASSAL, and I've played at the First Ever New Zealand SWM Tournament. About every other holiday I have a minis fest with my best mate who's a 6-hour drive away. My collection is 49% complete.

Anything else interesting.... I like juggling and I play the cornet. I also really enjoy Age of Empires 3 ThumpUp
SquelchDog
Posted: Thursday, July 19, 2012 7:17:17 PM

SquelchDog

Where do you live?: New York, Albany Just south of Darth Maul's House. ThumpUp

How old are you?: 42

What's your favourite faction?: Mandalorian and Fringe

What's your favourite piece?: RS Boba Fett

Do you play or collect?: Both

Anything else interesting.... Christian, I spent 7 years in the Army in Infantry and Combat Engineer units. I'm A Desert Storm Veteran. For those of you who have seen the movie Jarhead, my Infantry unit was right behind their unit. NERF GUN WARS!!! With my son, my grandson, and my youngest brother. 70's music, 80's Music, 90's Grunge. Watching Hockey, Baseball, Football, Playing X-box and X-box 360. We own all the Nintendo systems back to the 8-bit. Wink Used to get into online PC gaming but it got too expensive. Crying SWM are way cheaper and way more fun!!! Woot
Sashlon
Posted: Friday, July 20, 2012 12:42:14 PM

Okay, well I am sashlonBigGrin

Where do you live?: Tasmania, Australia

How old are you?: 33

What's your favourite faction?: Old Republic and Sith

What's your favourite piece?: Twilek Black Sun Vigo

Do you play or collect?: I wish I played more, but I have no playgroup. I do like to get on Vassal. I guess I class as a collector.

Anything else interesting.... Christian, Married, 2 sons (Isaac 12and Daniel 4), I am a Teacher Aide, huge U2 fan, I play chess, my wife and I are console gamers, we have a PS3, Xbox 360, Wii, PS vita and DS. We love to play,and so do our kids. My youngest son has Autism.
MaliciousCrumb
Posted: Friday, July 20, 2012 12:58:42 PM

TheHutts wrote:
MaliciousCrumb wrote:

There might also be someone 10 minutes drive from you who plays, and you might find them by putting down where you live! That's one reason why I asked.

Oh, fine. North Vancouver, BC.
I'm just worried about bounty hunters!
I have the death sentence in twelve systems! Wink
qvos
Posted: Sunday, July 22, 2012 5:32:36 PM

Where do you live:Right outside of Detroit MI

How Old are you? 38 y. o.

Fav FAction? I really do love them all so picking one is tough. I'd probably settle on the Republic, Although I love the Mandos

What is your Favorite piece? I love the original Revan Sculpt! I love using Zuckuss BH, I use him quite often

Do you play or collect? I do both, although lately I havent been able to because Ive been to bust Making a Costume for SW Celebration VI

Anything Interesting??? Um.. Well, I'm working on a Darth Revan costume for C6. Ive sculpted out of clay, made the mothermold and did the plastic. It looks sweet. Anyway, It really is a lot of fun.

BTW... Great idea with this thread!!!
MaliciousCrumb
Posted: Wednesday, July 25, 2012 11:50:29 AM

swinefeld wrote:
I also love BBQing, low and slow. Drool (To the vegetarians in the crowd, I suppose that makes me a dark-sider.)
Remember, "if you're looking, you aren't cooking" so just use the force and keep that lid closed!

Darth Bacon, Dark Lord of the Meat! LOL
Darth Cerberus
Posted: Wednesday, August 1, 2012 8:49:54 AM

Where do you live?: West Michigan

How old are you?: 37

What's your favourite faction?: Separatist / Sith

What's your favourite piece?: To say I have 1 favorite piece, would be a disgrace to all my pieces, so I'll give you my top 5 instead, not in order of favorites BTW. (1) my latest acquisition, Jango Fett, Bounty Hunter! (2) Darth Maul, Champion (3) Darth Bane cause he is one bad motha........(shut your mouth)! And he is my favorite Sith Lord. (4) GGDAC (5) Darth Talon, because......well......she is Darth Talon! Love Wub Flapper if ya know what I meanWink

Do you play or collect?: Play and Collect

Anything else interesting.... My sons 12 and 13, have started learning the game as well. And as I am not the best at it yet, were all learning together which makes it all the more better. My older son is a wizard and is really picking it up, even having beating me from time to time. I have a man cave with wall to wall Star Wars Memorabilia.