Is NOT a committee!

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Tell Us About Yourself! Options
adamb0nd
Posted: Monday, February 11, 2013 7:47:22 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator

Where do you live?: St. Louis Missouri

How old are you?: 27

What's your favorite faction?: Tough question. I guess rebels.

What's your favorite piece?: Wicket. I got into the game during A&E, and the fact that there were ewoks in the game helped draw me in. Was raised on the ewok movies, so there's something nostalgic about them for me.

Do you play or collect?: Collect mostly. The game is long dead in this area outside of my house. I get my GF to play sometimes though and hope to someday get to a gencon.

Anything interesting about me?: I'm the leadsinger/songwriter in a band: Moon Thief
jlbm347
Posted: Monday, February 11, 2013 8:17:06 AM
Groups: Member

Where do you live?: Bloomington, Indiana, United States of America

How old are you?: 21 on March 23

What's your favorite faction?: Imperials, I love the uniformity of the figures it makes them seem that they havean innate strength.

What's your favorite piece?: Rebel Storm Stormtrooper. Best looking sculpt in the game in my opinion was heart wrenching when I got ten or so of the 501st Stormtroopers. Angry

Do you play or collect?: Mostly play but have definitely spent a lot of money on the game. I don't have every good piece, I don't even have a Grand Admiral Thrawn but what I have I love and my twin got my an AT-AT so I must not be doing to bad.

Anything else interesting.... I have started playing Pathfinder here in town. Spend a lot of time playing League of Legends. Roland_Alistair is my twin brother, we are fraternal. And I love this site and game.
obiwan1knight
Posted: Monday, February 11, 2013 9:08:58 AM

Where do you live?: A little town in NJ.

How old are you?: 16 (I mean, in this regeneration. I'm a Time Lord)

What's your favourite faction?: The OR, just because of the super interesting characters in it.

What's your favourite piece?: Most definitely Kreia! While she may not be the best piece her combination of abilities is pretty cool. Also love betrayal.

Do you play or collect?: Both, I have a small group that plays whenever we can.

Anything else interesting.... I Love reserves squads. Never tell me the odds, I will role reserves every round and annoy the heck out of my friends with them. Just played a game where I got over 500 pts of reserves.
Gungan Batman Clone
Posted: Monday, February 11, 2013 1:52:55 PM

Where do you live? How old are you? I'd rather not say personally I think too oldBigGrin

What's your favourite faction? Rebel especially for Kazdan, Rikeen, and Elite Rebel Commandos

What's your favourite piece? Vader's Apprentice Redeemed, GML, or GOWK hard to sayWink

Do you play or collect? I do both I play a lot but if I have only one of a certain piece even if it is useless I won't trade it like a Muun Tactics Broker.

Anything else interesting....
I like Sci-Fi in general especially Doctor WhoCool
corranhorn
Posted: Monday, February 11, 2013 2:33:41 PM

"I like Sci-Fi in general especially Doctor Who "

ThumbsUp

You can't be too old if you're fighting crime in the streets of Otah Gunga.
TheHutts
Posted: Monday, February 11, 2013 2:34:08 PM

Gungan Batman Clone wrote:
Do you play or collect? I do both I play a lot but if I have only one of a certain piece even if it is useless I won't trade it like a Muun Tactics Broker.

The Muun Tactics Broker does have its uses - there are plenty of worse pieces in the 6-12 point Fringe Bracket (Klatooinian Enforcer!, Twi'lek Scoundrel!, Arcona Smuggler!, Klatooinian Hunter!).
corranhorn
Posted: Monday, February 11, 2013 2:35:18 PM

TheHutts wrote:

The Muun Tactics Broker does have its uses - there are plenty of worse pieces in the 6-12 point Fringe Bracket (Klatooinian Enforcer!, Twi'lek Scoundrel!, Arcona Smuggler!, Klatooinian Hunter!).

It used to be a potent force-now, not so much. Cheap init control for a price was good back in the day but so many pieces affect init now that it's not too significant, and the price is too high.
pegolego
Posted: Monday, February 11, 2013 5:03:30 PM

Where do you live?:

Tennessee! (No, I'm not redneck. Sorry.)

How old are you?:

Old enough to drive...

What's your favourite faction?:

Separatists, definitely. Droid Army!

What's your favourite piece?:

Droid Army Commander (Grievous).

Do you play or collect?:

Play.

Anything else interesting....[/quote]

Aspiring Heavy-Metal musician (or rather vocalist/songwriter), Baseball is awesome, Demon Hunter/Kids in the Way are my favorite bands, Ratchet & Clank favorite game(s) (Copernicus Leslie Qwark! Laugh) , read a lot, Grievous is my favorite Star Wars character, I always win (except when my dice-rolling skills [lack thereof] ruin me up), I love making customs ThumbsUp , I enjoy a healthy debate (but any debate I'm involved in never seems to end up healthy...), I love the Cubs, I love Sammy Sosa (I mean, he's my favorite player. I don't love him love him. Not that kind of love, no wait!), I started, merged, took over and ran a clan in SW BF: Elite Squadron, I'm a natural comedian (I think, but no one thinks I'm funny, except the girlfriend that I don't have). Oh, and I LOVE collectible miniature games (Attacktix, Clix, Sportsclix, Star Wars Miniatures...). I don't have many friends, cause I'm not instant friends with everyone I see, but I'm close to the friends I do have, and I'm the same way with bands/games I like and such, I'm persisting (I told you, I always win) and if you haven't guessed it yet, I'm terribly longwinded!
pegolego
Posted: Monday, February 11, 2013 5:08:20 PM

Oh, yes! And I love Bloomilk (BlooMilk ), talk fast (so I can afford to be longwinded), and I'm a very statistics-person (like to try the best odds things to assure success, even at greater cost, and I don't like 1/20 reserves), I'm a cheapskate, a perfectionist, a germaphobic (sanitizer bottle=BlooMilk Cool . Empty sanitizer bottle=No Bloo Milk Scared ), I kinda like fantasy books, and I'm smart!
knappskirata
Posted: Monday, February 11, 2013 5:24:38 PM

Where do you live? Wisonsin

What's your favourite faction? Rebels or Republic

What's your favourite piece? Cade BH or Cad Bane. Cad Bane was actually the first rare I ever got, but my friend hipped me off for it, but I eventually traded for it when he got a 2nd

Do you play or collect? Play mostly

Anything else interesting I once was at a garage sae and someone was selling about 900 sealed rebel honor guard and an AT-AT with a card and some other rates like Boba fett Merc commander and Kreia for 65 bucks, but guy sold AT AT before I could buy it
corranhorn
Posted: Monday, February 11, 2013 6:36:28 PM

900 rebel honor guards? Holy Sith...

@pegolego I remember Attacktix! Cool game.
pegolego
Posted: Tuesday, February 12, 2013 12:45:20 PM

corranhorn wrote:

I agree...

Remember?! I still play it Flapper I have a couple hundred of them, and me and my brothers play sometimes. We play huge 5-600 games sometimes (both teams get 5-6), with battle-masters and such. There are rumors that Hasbro may re-continue production.
corranhorn
Posted: Tuesday, February 12, 2013 2:05:01 PM

pegolego wrote:
corranhorn wrote:

I agree...

Remember?! I still play it Flapper I have a couple hundred of them, and me and my brothers play sometimes. We play huge 5-600 games sometimes (both teams get 5-6), with battle-masters and such. There are rumors that Hasbro may re-continue production.

I didn't really "drop" it but it was before I started playing SW minis and that really took over. Attacktix was fun, though-I loved the Force push pieces. They weren't the best but they were cool as bantha.
jak
Posted: Tuesday, February 12, 2013 3:32:48 PM

corranhorn wrote:

I went nutz w/Attacktix, before I went nutz w/SWM.
kept the really COOL SW Attacktix
PLUS i HAVE A sith ton of Marvel Attacktix

maybe a 'lil Attacktix 4 Frosty, and AKRO-KonThumbsUp Drool
Gungan Batman Clone
Posted: Tuesday, February 12, 2013 3:37:07 PM

corranhorn wrote:
"I like Sci-Fi in general especially Doctor Who "

ThumbsUp

You can't be too old if you're fighting crime in the streets of Otah Gunga.

Hey, Batman continued to be Batman until he was like 70. Forget the movies they have nothing to do with the comic books. And the Original Flash is also really old and still occasionally helps out. And then there's Captain America he's not so bad for an 80 years old.Woot
Gungan Batman Clone
Posted: Tuesday, February 12, 2013 3:38:20 PM

TheHutts wrote:

I knew someone would argue that. But I just never use him.
Gungan Batman Clone
Posted: Tuesday, February 12, 2013 3:40:57 PM

corranhorn wrote:

Attacktix were so funCool I still have all of mineLove I actually just played a game with them a little while ago! I remember that was the thing sad that they only made a few sets and Lando never got his ownAngry! I have some of the Transformer ones also.
Gungan Batman Clone
Posted: Tuesday, February 12, 2013 3:41:49 PM

jak wrote:
corranhorn wrote:

I went nutz w/Attacktix, before I went nutz w/SWM.
kept the really COOL SW Attacktix
PLUS i HAVE A sith ton of Marvel Attacktix

maybe a 'lil Attacktix 4 Frosty, and AKRO-KonThumbsUp Drool

Marvel attacktix? don't you mean heroclix?
TheHutts
Posted: Tuesday, February 12, 2013 3:42:54 PM

Joseph blob wrote:
TheHutts wrote:

Useless just seemed too strong a word - it does fill a niche that no other piece in the SWM universe does, so it seemed a weird piece to single out. Pieces like the Klatooinian Enforcer and Arcona Smuggler are just weak, generic attackers that don't seem like they have any practical use. On the other hand, I've owned a Muun Tactics Broker for about four years and have never used it.
Gungan Batman Clone
Posted: Tuesday, February 12, 2013 3:45:18 PM

TheHutts wrote:
Joseph blob wrote:
TheHutts wrote:

Useless just seemed too strong a word - it does fill a niche that no other piece in the SWM universe does, so it seemed a weird piece to single out. Pieces like the Klatooinian Enforcer and Arcona Smuggler are just weak, generic attackers that don't seem like they have any practical use. On the other hand, I've owned a Muun Tactics Broker for about four years and have never used it.

Yeah and the removal is mandatory I think so even in a swarm squad it won't help that much. You are basically giving your opponent points.