RegisterDonateLogin

Lets the Wookiee win.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

BEFORE ENDOR: Chit chat Options
FlyingArrow
Posted: Sunday, October 21, 2012 6:00:42 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

*Makes a call from Alderaan*

Supreme Commander, Alderaan is here and perfectly fine. The Empire nearly caught up to one of our cells yesterday, but everyone got out okay. What do you mean by, 'blowing up Alderaan'? You have me worried.

(Note: In order to square away the fact that Wedge, Obi-Wan, Tarkin, and others are still alive, we basically erased the whole first Death Star from this campaign. Luke met Obi-Wan. They met Han and Chewie. They didn't run into Greedo - they evaded the Stormtroopers - they made it to Alderaan. Eventually, Leia was freed as word of her capture caused more headaches politically than it was worth. The first Death Star - if it existed at all - had a major technical problem causing the whole project to be scrapped before the weapon could be used.)
knappskirata
Posted: Monday, October 22, 2012 4:15:21 AM
Groups: Member

Or the death star was supposed to be made.
FlyingArrow
Posted: Monday, October 22, 2012 4:24:22 AM

knappskirata wrote:

Supreme Commander,

One of our spies heard an Imperial officer mention something called a Death Star. It was in connection to something called Endor - a star system, perhaps? I'm not familiar with it.
CerousMutor
Posted: Monday, October 22, 2012 4:39:25 AM

The mightiest beast can fall lame by the smallest of thorns.

501 Trooper
Posted: Monday, October 22, 2012 3:24:43 PM

CerousMutor wrote:

What is that? Shakespeare?
501 Trooper
Posted: Monday, October 22, 2012 3:27:27 PM

FlyingArrow wrote:
knappskirata wrote:

Supreme Commander,

One of our spies heard an Imperial officer mention something called a Death Star. It was in connection to something called Endor - a star system, perhaps? I'm not familiar with it.

Why would we want anything to do with Endor? Its filled with annoying savages! Also, What kind of name is the death star? Your spies must be feeding you false information.
FlyingArrow
Posted: Monday, October 22, 2012 8:03:04 PM

Oh hey - just for fun, what planets do you want represented in this war? This doesn't affect the way the campaign works - the maps won't change and the scoring doesn't change, but where do you want to say you're fighting.

We named the planets that have Fringe Bonuses attached to them, to explain how you're winning the loyalty of the Rodians, for example. But for another 60 maps or so, some maps don't have a named planet or for some planets (e.g. Tatooine) there are more maps than necessary for that planet. So pick a planet, determine which map fits a scene on that planet, and I'll edit the map list to show how we're fighting all over the Star Wars galaxy. Several maps depict scenes on starships, so they could literally be above any planet.
CerousMutor
Posted: Tuesday, October 23, 2012 1:01:04 AM

501 Trooper wrote:
CerousMutor wrote:

What is that? Shakespeare?

Nope, just something I wrote BigGrin

He'd have done it better.ThumpUp
FlyingArrow
Posted: Tuesday, October 23, 2012 9:36:23 AM

Imperials,

pastorbudwine did not find a regular opponent, so someone on your side will play him on Vassal each round. It doesn't have to be the same person each time, but hopefully someone will be able to coordinate with him each round to get the game in.
Bob Chizo
Posted: Tuesday, October 23, 2012 9:59:12 AM

FlyingArrow wrote:
Oh hey - just for fun, what planets do you want represented in this war? This doesn't affect the way the campaign works - the maps won't change and the scoring doesn't change, but where do you want to say you're fighting.

We named the planets that have Fringe Bonuses attached to them, to explain how you're winning the loyalty of the Rodians, for example. But for another 60 maps or so, some maps don't have a named planet or for some planets (e.g. Tatooine) there are more maps than necessary for that planet. So pick a planet, determine which map fits a scene on that planet, and I'll edit the map list to show how we're fighting all over the Star Wars galaxy. Several maps depict scenes on starships, so they could literally be above any planet.

Badlands=Ambria
FlyingArrow
Posted: Tuesday, October 23, 2012 11:46:09 AM

Bob Chizo wrote:
Badlands=Ambria

Perfect. Done. If someone ends up fighting there, we'll need a back story. I hadn't heard of the planet and just checked Wookieepedia for it. During the time of this war, the planet is not populated. A company sets up an operation on the planet, though. Someone should write up a reason why the Rebels and Imperials would bother to go there.

On a related note, Rhen Var isn't really populated either. So here's the story: Yoda through meditation learned of two other Jedi who survived the purge and are hiding out on Rhen Var. The Rebels are going to contact them, but they are pursued by the Empire. The winner of the battle will take the Jedi for their own side. After years alone, they will be easily swayed to the dark side if they visit the Emperor.
knappskirata
Posted: Tuesday, October 23, 2012 12:33:21 PM

FlyingArrow wrote:
Bob Chizo wrote:
Badlands=Ambria

Perfect. Done. If someone ends up fighting there, we'll need a back story. I hadn't heard of the planet and just checked Wookieepedia for it. During the time of this war, the planet is not populated. A company sets up an operation on the planet, though. Someone should write up a reason why the Rebels and Imperials would bother to go there.

On a related note, Rhen Var isn't really populated either. So here's the story: Yoda through meditation learned of two other Jedi who survived the purge and are hiding out on Rhen Var. The Rebels are going to contact them, but they are pursued by the Empire. The winner of the battle will take the Jedi for their own side. After years alone, they will be easily swayed to the dark side if they visit the Emperor.
more on this please. What round, what Jedi, and what map is reprsenting Rhen Var
Bob Chizo
Posted: Tuesday, October 23, 2012 12:56:32 PM

FlyingArrow wrote:
Bob Chizo wrote:
Badlands=Ambria

The company there has been consorting with the Rebellion, so the Imperials have moved to crush the company's outpost, as well as to set up a base for Dark Jedi near Lake Natth, a source of dark side power. The Rebels have heard of the raid, and have moved forces there to defend their allies.

Will this work?
Bob Chizo
Posted: Tuesday, October 23, 2012 1:12:26 PM

Deep Caverns=Arkania

Arkania has suffered from the Empire's sanctions on cloning, so many of the world's scientists are preparing to defect to the Rebellion. Although the Empire does not have any use for the Arkanian cloners, they can not let them assist the Rebels. A firefight breaks out between the two factions as the scientists escape through underground caverns.

Any other planets need backgrounds? ThumpUp

FlyingArrow
Posted: Tuesday, October 23, 2012 2:22:31 PM

knappskirata wrote:
more on this please. What round, what Jedi, and what map is reprsenting Rhen Var

The Rhen Var Citadel (Ice World Citadel) map represents Rhen Var. (The map is in ArmoredCartographers' Map Pack 4.) They aren't any named Jedi. The Fringe Bonus characters are 2 jedi from other eras (Jolee Bindo and Zayne Carrick) who are just stand-ins to represent two unnamed Jedi who survived the purge. It's listed on the map list in the Rules thread.

The Supreme Commanders decide which round maps come out. This round, shmi15 decided which 10 maps will be used. Next round, you will decide which 10 maps will be used.
shmi15
Posted: Tuesday, October 23, 2012 3:15:48 PM

I'm just waiting for Bob Chizo and his opponent to let me know that the map I chose will work. Everyone else should have characters and correct map.

Imperials, please Bloo Mail me your squads once you construct them so I can just double check and make sure no one is using something they are not suppose to.

I should have all this put out tonight.
FlyingArrow
Posted: Tuesday, October 23, 2012 7:07:40 PM

Looks like only a few of the maps have planets chosen for them. If you want to pick a planet from canon that fits your map, feel free to do so - whether it's the planet in the map's name doesn't really matter.

For our map (Teth Courtyard), I nominate Lorahns. It seems to have an appropriate Temple to have a battle in its courtyard.
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Grand_Temple
jak
Posted: Wednesday, October 24, 2012 11:53:33 AM

PAGING REBEL SUPREME COMMANDER!

juice man is still awaiting orders for our 1st battle on korriban

SCR-(supreme commander, rebel) please respond BigGrin
FlyingArrow
Posted: Wednesday, October 24, 2012 12:09:04 PM

jak wrote:
PAGING REBEL SUPREME COMMANDER!

juice man is still awaiting orders for our 1st battle on korriban

SCR-(supreme commander, rebel) please respond BigGrin

The orders should be ready by Friday. (I hope!) That's knappskirata's deadline anyway.

shmi15 got to choose the maps this time around, so he got a couple days head start on preparing the allocations.
General_Grievous
Posted: Wednesday, October 24, 2012 6:56:11 PM

Yeah l