RegisterDonateLogin

Our operation is small enough not to be noticed.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

FrostyCon 2013: (2/22-2/24) Options
Sithborg
Posted: Tuesday, February 5, 2013 10:28:19 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator, Rules Guy

In the interest of keeping this thread open, let's move along.
captaingig
Posted: Tuesday, February 5, 2013 10:33:49 AM
Groups: Member

Wait a second...How did we get from Gerry Solo of Hoth to SSM? You guys did see that silly photoshop, right?

Edit: Moving my SSM comment to another thread.

Getting back on track...seriously...go look at that picture of Gerry. It's legen-dary.

What's more, there's rumor of a drunken Highlander viewing Friday night after the nerd gaming has ceaced. Quoting the entire movie and discussing how awesome Clancy Brown is.
TimmerB123
Posted: Tuesday, February 5, 2013 12:19:13 PM

DARPH NADER wrote:
Welcome Timmer getting his time-off approved it seems! LOL

I certainly understand the disdain regarding the two pieces at the centre of your ire Tim. While I'll personally stop short of making a ruling banning these two, I will however invite our co-competitors to weigh in with their vote and will support whatever decision is made and will if needed act as the tie-breaker.

How about you as the "duly deputized" set up a poll on this matter... Wink

I don't think a poll is needed or a ban. I honestly don't actually think they are that great in this format. They can last a long time against straight attacks, but I think we'll see lots of direct damage. I just wanted to be forthright about my intentions and paint a huge target on them (and probably myself in the process.)

All meant in good fun for a non-competitive format. BigGrin
TimmerB123
Posted: Tuesday, February 5, 2013 12:31:29 PM

Weeks wrote:
TimmerB123 wrote:
Note to anyone playing King of the Ring:

If you bring a piece with Soresu Style Mastery - I will sacrifice my entire squad to make sure you don't win. It's an already ridiculous broken ability that will make this format in particular much less fun for everyone. Sneaky

Even if it makes no sense for me to attack you, I will anyway, just to punish you for being a jag-off and bringing that crap. ThumbDown

You all have been warned. Flapper

Otherwise it will be a lot of fun. ThumbsUp

So play Lord Vader, Nihilus, KAAAAAAANNNN!, Firebreather, or that one dooku. Seriously Tim, we get it, you don't like SSM. I'm not going to be able to make it to this event, but if I was I'd have an issue with you calling out someone for playing the game how they see fit inside the rules. You don't like SSM, then play the counter and deal with it like everyone else.

Lol, that's the point. I will play counters and go hunting for anyone who plays SSM. If there's nothing in the rules to prevent them being played, there's also nothing to prevent me from attacking as I see fit. It's fully within my rights to target anyone I can. I'm even giving fair warning. It's a fun play style which most of us will be playing for the first time, and from my initial assessment, luck will factor in more than most formats. Whoever gets phased in early is at a large disadvantage, while multiple late phase-ins could easily win you the game. It's not a format I expect to win, I'm just looking to have fun. Aside from winning, nothing is more fun for me than smashing characters with SSM. I thought it was rather sporting of me to give away my main strategy like that. No Bloo Milk
TimmerB123
Posted: Tuesday, February 5, 2013 1:14:43 PM

captaingig wrote:
So I saw Gerry in the hall today and it appears he's bought a new froofy jacket for FrostyCon.
I kid you not, without exaggeration, he looks like a teal version of the following image minus the goggles and gloves...and badge:

DarphNutbag in Han's Hoth Jacket? He has a special ability called "WTF Moment - Usable on this character's turn. Range 6. Stun target and induce a severe case of the giggles; save 20."

You're right cap'n - this does need to be acknowledged.

Hilarious!
jak
Posted: Tuesday, February 5, 2013 1:27:18 PM

Sithborg wrote:
In the interest of keeping this thread open, let's move along.

do not read the following comments
they are the opinion of a te-rard and should be ignored by everyone

Cursing what the force!

now we're borg-sithed when we talk about our tournies
REALLY?
IF YOU AIN'T GOIN' THEN YOU AIN'T GOTTA VOICE IN THE MATTER
jak
Posted: Tuesday, February 5, 2013 1:28:56 PM

@timmerb--do U wanna carpool again, like buffacon?
TimmerB123
Posted: Tuesday, February 5, 2013 11:49:29 PM

jak wrote:

Yes - I would like to do the same thing! This time we make the stop on the way back. ;)

Jake is still TBA

PS - Why did this thread become all serious!?! I was trying to do a little playful in-game trash-talking and people act like I am making physical threats of bodily harm. Calm down people - anyone who is going to Frosty-Con knows what the real deal is, and anyone who is not going really needs to relax.

Buffa-Con was one one the most fun weekends in gaming I have had. Period. And I expect Frosty Con to even surpass that. Fun to the max - people who are fretting over this thread obviously just don't get it.
DARPH NADER
Posted: Wednesday, February 6, 2013 3:47:55 AM

Tis true there is a tealesque Hans Olo coat and Steven's reaction was priceless as I have never seen him so utterly caught off guard. When the chance encounter occured all I got after a long stunned pause was and I quote, "what is that!?"

Let's all collectively exhale the bad air out of this thread; as I'm not sure how we got off the rails but make no mistake the weekend will be a load of fun for all who can join in. Sure there should be some healthy competition but let's not forget that first and foremost we are gathering as friends to play the game we love.

The new Rochester venue on Saturday I believe will surpass our experience at Millenium last year, as the Village Gate has load of great restaurants and very cool shops so check it out here... http://www.villagegatesquare.com/

Oh and by the way... Z-minus 16
Hinkbert
Posted: Wednesday, February 6, 2013 4:59:51 AM

DARPH NADER wrote:
Tis true there is a tealesque Hans Olo coat and Steven's reaction was priceless as I have never seen him so utterly caught off guard. When the chance encounter occured all I got after a long stunned pause was and I quote, "what is that!?"

Let's all collectively exhale the bad air out of this thread; as I'm not sure how we got off the rails but make no mistake the weekend will be a load of fun for all who can join in. Sure there should be some healthy competition but let's not forget that first and foremost we are gathering as friends to play the game we love.

The new Rochester venue on Saturday I believe will surpass our experience at Millenium last year, as the Village Gate has load of great restaurants and very cool shops so check it out here... http://www.villagegatesquare.com/

Oh and by the way... Z-minus 16

That does seem like a nice place, but I imagine I'll be going to the Owl House again because that place has amazing vegan food!

Now I just need to come up with a squad.......
juice man
Posted: Wednesday, February 6, 2013 12:49:01 PM

TimmerB123 wrote:
jak wrote:

Yes - I would like to do the same thing! This time we make the stop on the way back. ;)
Jake is still TBA
PS - Why did this thread become all serious!?! I was trying to do a little playful in-game trash-talking and people act like I am making physical threats of bodily harm. Calm down people - anyone who is going to Frosty-Con knows what the real deal is, and anyone who is not going really needs to relax.
Buffa-Con was one one the most fun weekends in gaming I have had. Period. And I expect Frosty Con to even surpass that. Fun to the max - people who are fretting over this thread obviously just don't get it.

If you do, let me know what I missed. Your warning almost makes me want to go- just to play SSM.
DARPH NADER
Posted: Wednesday, February 6, 2013 3:14:12 PM

juice man wrote:
TimmerB123 wrote:
jak wrote:

Jake is still TBA

If you do, let me know what I missed. Your warning almost makes me want to go- just to play SSM.

Why are you not joining us? Confused
juice man
Posted: Wednesday, February 6, 2013 3:41:16 PM

DARPH NADER wrote:
juice man wrote:
TimmerB123 wrote:
jak wrote:

Jake is still TBA

I've had a little too much SWM for the moment.OMG Don't want to burn out.Bomb
DARPH NADER
Posted: Wednesday, February 6, 2013 3:54:33 PM

juice man wrote:
DARPH NADER wrote:
juice man wrote:
TimmerB123 wrote:
jak wrote:

Jake is still TBA

I've had a little too much SWM for the moment.OMG Don't want to burn out.Bomb

Can't say that I understand but know that your presence will be missed. Crying
jak
Posted: Wednesday, February 6, 2013 5:46:04 PM

then Timmer can share my bed........room

and we can make a stop on the way back, or up, or never leave the stop we may make on the way upDrool
DARPH NADER
Posted: Friday, February 8, 2013 5:44:59 AM

Z-minus 14.... Bomb Bomb Bomb
christophercook
Posted: Saturday, February 9, 2013 12:09:59 PM

The Cooks are in for x-wing after SWM, or even during games if there is a bye. My younger son is coming and would love to play whoever has the bye. Since the tourney after will be for fun I suggest we play with Wave 2 stuff. Im dying to run my Falcon. Even if you do not have wave 2 shipped just print up the upgrade cards and upgrade your old ships with any of the new stuff. I think that would be alot of fun.. Most people are sick of just wave 1 stuff.

Chris
DARPH NADER
Posted: Saturday, February 9, 2013 3:47:02 PM

christophercook wrote:
The Cooks are in for x-wing after SWM, or even during games if there is a bye. My younger son is coming and would love to play whoever has the bye. Since the tourney after will be for fun I suggest we play with Wave 2 stuff. Im dying to run my Falcon. Even if you do not have wave 2 shipped just print up the upgrade cards and upgrade your old ships with any of the new stuff. I think that would be alot of fun.. Most people are sick of just wave 1 stuff.

Chris

Shouldn't be a problem as I've seen other tourneys get the green light for Wave II ships. I was just at Pair-A-Dice today and we are all set, Jeff will have pizza & beverages on hand for those who don't wish to go elsewhere in the complex for eats.

Be advised that attendees should plan on entering the VillageGate complex at Entrance B.
pastorbudwine@mac.com
Posted: Saturday, February 9, 2013 3:55:43 PM

here is on last spoiler of the king of the ring trophy. For the final product you will have to come to castle de russel Friday night and try your hand at winning it.

DARPH NADER
Posted: Sunday, February 10, 2013 8:03:35 AM

Activate the ray shield!!! Bomb