Posted: Monday, May 4, 2009 6:49:00 PM
Groups: Member

~~Regionals~~

Bellevue WA, Regionals Hosted by Uncles Games
Saturday, June 27th 11am
Pt. Total and format for Regionals can be found here:
http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=starwars/article/USChampionship2009

Note:
~Anyone attending this event can send a pm to Omnus for contact information in regards to either event.

~Uncles will also be giving out information to contact Omnus as well.
Regionals will be held in the mall.

~Also for anyone who is new to the area crossroads mall includes a food court of pretty much any type of food you can think of as well as a Qfc grocery Store atatched to the mall as well.
Slie
Posted: Tuesday, May 5, 2009 3:40:18 AM

June 27th couldn't be more last minute... That is the last day to pre reg for Gencon, so i hope some one has a laptop there with internet. Cause win or lose Shinja or I will need to sign up for pre reg asap after the tournament on the 27th.
Nightwalker
Posted: Tuesday, May 5, 2009 4:21:36 AM

I could bring my laptop, which pretty much only functions for internet anyway.

It would be no problem, we understand that some are comming to regionals for a chance at the gencon pass but still want to pre register. So yea i'll bring my laptop for those who need to register depending on the win/lose situation.

Yup itll be there nomatter the win/lose situation ^_^
Omnus
Posted: Tuesday, May 5, 2009 5:36:44 AM

Actually there is a library with free internet use right next to the gaming store if you want to pre reg right after the event. Basically the choice was because we really wanted JA prizes and the 3rd saturday would be the same week as the midnight release. Getting JA prizes and letting the meta expand more was decided to be better than doing it earlier in the month. I know its tight on the timeline but I did check to make sure you would still be able to pre reg.

My understanding is that WOTC is also trying to set it up so anyone would pre-reg and then wins an event and gets a pass can be reimbursed. Not sure wether this will happen.
Nightwalker
Posted: Tuesday, May 5, 2009 9:54:10 AM

I only offered to bring laptop because i didn't know how late the event would go and if the library would still be open.

( I suppose would could just lend them our card if it is in fact still open. )
Omnus
Posted: Tuesday, May 5, 2009 10:38:14 AM

You can still bring your laptop. I was just saying there is a library with computers available that is quite close too : )
danielmcdougall
Posted: Tuesday, May 5, 2009 11:43:12 AM

I'm stoked about regionals but I have a concern on the date. There will almost no chance that some of us are going to be able to play test squads. June 27th is just after the JA release which as you said opens the meta. Thats just over a week to prepare. Is that realistic for at least a major portion (I know you can't make everyone happy) of the players to be ready for? I would be much more comfortable with limiting the meta to IE as most of the other regionals venues will be doing (mostly just by the date they play). Is this even something we can discuss?
Omnus
Posted: Tuesday, May 5, 2009 4:51:15 PM

The date has already been given to wotc as the official date. Everyone who was part of the choice decided that it should be as far after the release of JA to allow as much time for testing as possible while still being before the pre-registration period for gencon ends.

You actually have almost 2 weeks to prepare after the release of JA. Obviously this is not a huge amount of time but keep in mind that most pieces will have their stats known before JA actually comes out, so some testing can happen in advance.

Regionals will be fun but we also have two large events after regionals in the area. PAX should be even larger than regionals and there is another "yet to be announced" first annual event for our area. More details to come.
Omnus
Posted: Tuesday, May 5, 2009 5:01:54 PM

Okay, not close to 2 weeks. More like 1.5 weeks...not sure why I was being retarded. I wish all the dates worked out better, everyone was just trying to pick the best overall date.
RevRevGar
Posted: Tuesday, May 5, 2009 5:51:12 PM

Works for me, ends up after finals and after my CCNP exam.

-RevRevGar
LoboStele
Posted: Wednesday, May 6, 2009 2:06:58 AM

Actually, you don't have to worry about JA at all. It comes out on June 30. The next Map Pack comes out on the 16th. Everybody keeps getting those confused.
Omnus
Posted: Wednesday, May 6, 2009 5:00:28 AM

It's hard to know for sure. We were absing the decision on the store having it in their catalog for release the 16th and coolstuffinc.com having it listed for the 16th but amazon has it listed at the 30th. So it's hard to really know for sure.
LoboStele
Posted: Wednesday, May 6, 2009 5:37:55 AM

I'm pretty sure WOTC's officially announced date on the website is June 30th. There's an advertisement on the starwars part of the WOTC page for the JA set, I thought.
danielmcdougall
Posted: Wednesday, May 6, 2009 1:29:37 PM

Well either way I'll be there and it will be fun. I know you put a lot of hard work into our events and organization Omnus so thank you.
Omnus
Posted: Monday, May 11, 2009 7:44:26 AM

Got a confirmed date from wotc, its the 30th.
jporeb
Posted: Monday, May 11, 2009 8:14:24 AM

Is the regionals still set for the 27th?
Silustrae
Posted: Monday, May 11, 2009 8:32:58 AM

We've already supplied that date to WotC as the date of our reigonals..

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that finalized it for us. I don't think it can be changed.
Omnus
Posted: Monday, May 11, 2009 8:52:19 AM

We have no plan on trying to change the date. Just going to stick with the 27th. I don't like it being so close to the midnight release, but I can't have everyhting I want : )
danielmcdougall
Posted: Monday, May 11, 2009 10:01:01 AM

So to clarify: the midnight release is the night/morning of the 29th/30th and the regionals are the 27th (all dates in June)?
Omnus
Posted: Monday, May 11, 2009 11:15:38 AM

yep