Always shoots first.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

YES! IT'S TRUE! BATTLEFRONT AGAIN! Options
pegolego
Posted: Tuesday, June 11, 2013 9:52:51 AM
Groups: Member

Cassus fett wrote:
pegolego wrote:
^18-1. Nuff said LOL . What's 'yo PSN account? (PM ME, don't share it here! Could be stalkers! Like cassus fett in vampire form! He hasn't found me yet!)

I'll find you eventually ;..;
I am overjoyed at this news and I know DICE will do a good job.
Also 18-1 ha thats nothing, I went 105-13 during a 45 minute long 500 ticket TDM on Canals

Yah, but I only play 1 hour every week and a half or so, and I was proud of my 18-1 in a 10 minute game where we redlined (a term my brother taught me from MAG, he was real big there, in a big clan and buddies with the top player in the world which happened to be a girl) the attackers in rush. What's your Score Per Minute, oh vampire?Wub

Also, I NEVER played ANY shooter (even battlefront, besides the PSP lock on ones) until I started BF3 (and only went straight to Multiplayer, no campaign) except about an hour of a TERRIBLE movie shooter for Battle Los Angeles. So I am a ROOKIE! Also, not to nitpick your amazing score, but 105-13 IS a bit less percentage wise than 18-1 (though that's like the ONLY time I've done better than like 2.0 so...). TDM at Canals is pretty awesome, I always get my Saiga 12 K out, plant a Spawn Beacon in one of the high crates, jump down to my little hiding corner in the bottom after placing my motion sensor in the middle. EVERY time someone kills an enemy within most all of the crate area I get 30 points for motion sensor assist/spot bonus. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't though... FAMAS is my gun, Assault my kit, reviving my life.
Sithborg
Posted: Tuesday, June 11, 2013 10:01:54 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator, Rules Guy

I haven't played Battlefield. E3 has been my main experience with it. I did not realize how close the gameplay is already to Battlefront (capture points, vehicles, character spawn numbers).

Personally, I'm fine if some of the stuff from Battlefront 2 is cut, like heroes and space battles, as long as the ground battles are as impressive as what was shown in Battlefield 4.
Darth_Reignir
Posted: Tuesday, June 11, 2013 10:16:39 AM

I really enjoyed the space battles in BF II. I hope they flesh them out more, because eventually my pattern devolved into: Get into troop transport, drive to enemy ship, blow up everything on the inside, ????, profit.)

I always thought there could have been more potential there, such as piloting the flagships or even the smaller cruisers. So I hope they don't get rid of them.

As for the heroes, it could do either way. I thought being able to play Darth Maul and others was cool, but again, it was easy to fall into a rut and get good at not dying as a hero. I think that ruined the spirit of the game to an extent.

I think, if anything, we should see Hero space ships. Being able to pilot the Slave 1, the Falcon, or dare I say, the Mynock ir Ebon Hawk? Sign me up!

Also, a friend and I were talking last night: with all the attention the Old Republic has been seeing lately, what with KOTOR and the MMO, it definitely makes you wonder if we will see the Old Republic and Sith as playable factions.

Darth_Reignir
Posted: Tuesday, June 11, 2013 10:18:40 AM

One more thing: I wouldn't hold my breath on seeing a Star Wars Battlefield anytime soon. Even when Battlefront 1 game out, the developers had said they borrowed significantly from the Battlefield series, and Battlfront I and II are nothing like Battlefield gameplay wise. Sure. they've got capture points and such, but then again, so do Warfronts in The Old Republic, Battlegrounds in World of Warcraft, etc.
markedman247
Posted: Tuesday, June 11, 2013 10:31:10 AM

Very simple:
I loved Twisted Metal and I got very excited about the E3 footage. So much so, I bought the PS3. The game, much to my chagrin really was lackluster and overly complicated. Now, I see SW:BF Redo. I am dubious. I loved the original and had fun with the second, but I fear another 12-button masterpiece for a 4-button controller.

Sithborg
Posted: Tuesday, June 11, 2013 10:33:08 AM

shrug

I saw enough similarities between the two when I saw the Battlefield 4 multiplayer, and stuff I want to see integrated into Battlefront. Commander mode is perfect, calling in strikes from a Star Destroyer is just begging to happen. And looking at what that engine can do, dear lord.

That is one thing the new gen is impressing me with, the shear size of games. If Battlefield 4 is any indication, I hope it is, maps will be huge and destructible. I imagine we will actually be able to blow up the death star shield generator on Endor.

As for waiting, I already have to. Got sooo sick of 2014 in Nintendo's presentation. I want my SSMB NOW!!! (Along with X)
SignerJ
Posted: Tuesday, June 11, 2013 10:34:40 AM

Darth_Reignir wrote:
Also, a friend and I were talking last night: with all the attention the Old Republic has been seeing lately, what with KOTOR and the MMO, it definitely makes you wonder if we will see the Old Republic and Sith as playable factions.

Oh gosh, I hope not. It'll only be TOR love, with absolutely nothing of worth from KotOR. I'd much prefer mods.
Darth_Reignir
Posted: Tuesday, June 11, 2013 10:50:10 AM

SignerJ wrote:
Darth_Reignir wrote:

Oh gosh, I hope not. It'll only be TOR love, with absolutely nothing of worth from KotOR. I'd much prefer mods.

Well, by the standards set from the previous 2 games, I would have to disagree. I think the games are pretty well-balanced in terms of which faction gets what love.

And honestly, at this point, I'd be fine with more TOR if it meant less of the Clone Wars era. I feel like that cow has been milked thoroughly (I'd still play it even if they gave it to me though...)
corranhorn
Posted: Tuesday, June 11, 2013 11:04:51 AM

Cassus fett wrote:

Also 18-1 ha thats nothing, I went 105-13 during a 45 minute long 500 ticket TDM on Canals

Oh, if we're talking 500 tickets on an easy map..lemme see, I went 96 and 5 once on Metro. in that match I got a 10 man killfeed. Cool

Anyway, to get back to the topic at hand: Battlefield isn't much like Battlefront in the style of play itself, but the games are similar enough that I think a new Battlefront is very well suited to become like Battlefield.
Sithborg
Posted: Tuesday, June 11, 2013 11:41:29 AM

If anything, I see the game being pushed to around the same time Episode VII comes out, featuring the new stuff. Anyone remember the Episode I video game blitz?
AndyHatton
Posted: Tuesday, June 11, 2013 11:52:03 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator

Jedi Power Battles for instance. Now THAT, that could use a reboot
Gungan Batman Clone
Posted: Tuesday, June 11, 2013 11:53:47 AM

SignerJ wrote:
Darth_Reignir wrote:

Interesting thought. Speaking of which does anyone know where I can get mods, specifically for the PC? (I know, I live in the dark ages under a rock, which is the Gungan Batcave)
pegolego
Posted: Tuesday, June 11, 2013 11:54:18 AM

Joseph blob wrote:
SignerJ wrote:
Darth_Reignir wrote:

Interesting thought. Speaking of which does anyone know where I can get mods, specifically for the PC? (I know, I live in the dark ages under a rock, which is the Gungan Batcave)

Are you... The Gungan Wonder? The Red Kaadu? Gungan Batman Clone's teenage sidekick?Scared
Darth_Reignir
Posted: Tuesday, June 11, 2013 11:56:35 AM

Gungan Batman Clone wrote:
SignerJ wrote:
Darth_Reignir wrote:

I've done some google searches for some awhile back, but man, BF II just doesn't seem to have a big modding community. I was looking for new heroes.

Most of the mods I found are really poor re-textures and such; aka, not worth any amount of time.
corranhorn
Posted: Tuesday, June 11, 2013 11:57:41 AM

Darth_Reignir wrote:
SignerJ wrote:
Darth_Reignir wrote:

I've done some google searches for some awhile back, but man, BF II just doesn't seem to have a big modding community. I was looking for new heroes.

Most of the mods I found are really poor re-textures and such; aka, not worth any amount of time.

There's a mod with characters from both KotOR games.
Gungan Batman Clone
Posted: Tuesday, June 11, 2013 12:00:03 PM

pegolego wrote:
Joseph blob wrote:
SignerJ wrote:
Darth_Reignir wrote:

Are you... The Gungan Wonder? The Red Kaadu? Gungan Batman Clone's teenage sidekick?Scared

Dang, sorry peg' this happens sometimes. My friend, Joseph blob who is over a lot, sometimes logs into his account at my house, thus causing some confusion. I go on bloomilk, and start typing stuff, and then realize I posted it under his name. I quickly delete the post and then re-post it under my name. Usually there is minimum damage, but, he just left my house so he was still logged in here.
Gungan Batman Clone
Posted: Tuesday, June 11, 2013 12:01:22 PM

corranhorn wrote:
Darth_Reignir wrote:
SignerJ wrote:
Darth_Reignir wrote:

There's a mod with characters from both KotOR games.

Really? I only have Battlefront 1 unfortunately, but have played 2 a lot at my friends house.
pegolego
Posted: Tuesday, June 11, 2013 12:04:52 PM

pegolego wrote:
Joseph blob wrote:
SignerJ wrote:
Darth_Reignir wrote:

Dang, sorry peg' this happens sometimes. My friend, Joseph blob who is over a lot, sometimes logs into his account at my house, thus causing some confusion. I go on bloomilk, and start typing stuff, and then realize I posted it under his name. I quickly delete the post and then re-post it under my name. Usually there is minimum damage, but, he just left my house so he was still logged in here.

Awww... I was gonna ask if I could become Gungan Batgirl...
Gungan Batman Clone
Posted: Tuesday, June 11, 2013 12:28:43 PM

pegolego wrote:
pegolego wrote:
Joseph blob wrote:
SignerJ wrote:
Darth_Reignir wrote:

Awww... I was gonna ask if I could become Gungan Batgirl...

Sorry can't have anyone finding out the secret identityBigGrin . And wait, are you a girl? I didn't realize that....So much for my detective skillsBlushing , no wonder you liked Pink Milk so muchLOL!
corranhorn
Posted: Tuesday, June 11, 2013 12:34:24 PM

Not unless girls are starting to be named Jonathan...Razz