RegisterDonateLogin

Asteroids do not concern me, Admiral. I want that Milk, not excuses.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Got my v-set! *SPOILERS* Options
leshippy
Posted: Tuesday, August 5, 2014 10:47:42 AM
Groups: Member

TheHutts wrote:
pegolego wrote:
31/45

Falleen Black Sun Bodyguard (Fringe, 18)

HP: 60
Def: 16
Att: +9
Dg: 10

Special Abilities:
Black Sun
[If a character whose name contains Xizor or Vigo is in the same squad, this character gains Grenades 10]
Bodyguard [If an adjacent ally would take damage from an attack, this character can take the damage instead]
Pheromones [Cancel an attack from a living enemy within 6 squares that targets this character; the attacker can avoid this effect with a save of 11]
Protective +20 [+20 Damage while a wounded ally whose name contains Xizor, Alexi Garyn or Vigo is within 6 squares]

Does anyone else think this guy has a bunch of possibilities - bodyguard's always good, and with a Czerka, Proteective, and Xizor/Talon, he's twinning at +13 for 40.

Yes there are many possibilities here
leshippy
Posted: Tuesday, August 5, 2014 10:48:51 AM

Glad you guys are enjoying the fruits of our labor. Enjoy.
Deathwielded
Posted: Tuesday, August 5, 2014 11:07:04 AM

pegolego wrote:
Last but not least, the Boss!

9/45

Elite Republic Commando - Boss (Republic, 26)

HP: 70
Def: 17
Att: +10
Dg: 20

Special Abilities:
Unique. Order 66
Double Attack; Mobile Attack
Coordinated Movement
[At the end of this character's turn, 1 Republic Commando Ally may immediately move up to 2 squares]
Delta Formation Support [Each Republic Commando ally may gains Coordinated Movement]
Rapport [Republic Commando characters cost 2 less when in the same squad as this character]
Relay Orders [Each allied commander can count distance from this character as well as from itself for the purpose of commander effects]
Stealth [If this character has cover, he does not count as the nearest enemy for an attacker farther than 6 squares when choosing targets]

Commander Effect:
At the end of this characters turn, 1 Republic Commando ally within 6 squares may make an immediate attack or use a special ability that replaces attacks.

The new Republic commandos are really crazy good! (on paper so far!) They look like they will play exactly like they should, functioning like Commandos. I don't know if they are quite good enough to take out Daala by themselves, but you can easily bring in Tarplas and some interesting Area effecting overload goodness! Like Momaw being carried by R2 and double war throat should do the trick! Man, Boss makes them brutal! This version and bring in an old version for Double Cannoning. (probably on Sev with Accurate-Twin and possibly Opportunist)
I was a bit concerned that the old boss wouldn't work with the new one since they are pretty much the same, but since only one has Unique it should work fine (unless I'm reading it wrong)

I like how Scorch basically totally replaces the Republic Commando Training Sergeant. Not a bad thing as I feel he could be left behind, though now we have a great Proxy for a unique version of him...Wink
Deathwielded
Posted: Tuesday, August 5, 2014 11:07:35 AM

leshippy wrote:
Glad you guys are enjoying the fruits of our labor. Enjoy.

ThumbsUp I definitely am!
leshippy
Posted: Tuesday, August 5, 2014 11:14:26 AM

Deathwielded wrote:
pegolego wrote:
Last but not least, the Boss!

9/45

Elite Republic Commando - Boss (Republic, 26)

HP: 70
Def: 17
Att: +10
Dg: 20

Special Abilities:
Unique. Order 66
Double Attack; Mobile Attack
Coordinated Movement
[At the end of this character's turn, 1 Republic Commando Ally may immediately move up to 2 squares]
Delta Formation Support [Each Republic Commando ally may gains Coordinated Movement]
Rapport [Republic Commando characters cost 2 less when in the same squad as this character]
Relay Orders [Each allied commander can count distance from this character as well as from itself for the purpose of commander effects]
Stealth [If this character has cover, he does not count as the nearest enemy for an attacker farther than 6 squares when choosing targets]

Commander Effect:
At the end of this characters turn, 1 Republic Commando ally within 6 squares may make an immediate attack or use a special ability that replaces attacks.

The new Republic commandos are really crazy good! (on paper so far!) They look like they will play exactly like they should, functioning like Commandos. I don't know if they are quite good enough to take out Daala by themselves, but you can easily bring in Tarplas and some interesting Area effecting overload goodness! Like Momaw being carried by R2 and double war throat should do the trick! Man, Boss makes them brutal! This version and bring in an old version for Double Cannoning. (probably on Sev with Accurate-Twin and possibly Opportunist)
I was a bit concerned that the old boss wouldn't work with the new one since they are pretty much the same, but since only one has Unique it should work fine (unless I'm reading it wrong)

I like how Scorch basically totally replaces the Republic Commando Training Sergeant. Not a bad thing as I feel he could be left behind, though now we have a great Proxy for a unique version of him...Wink

I playtested these guys a good bit and I really enjoy the way they play. Are they going to win GenCon in 2015? Probably not. Will they been fun and competitive. Yes.
Fossil4182
Posted: Wednesday, August 6, 2014 8:44:43 AM

Does the new Exar Kun have Niman Style or Niman Style Mastery?
swinefeld
Posted: Wednesday, August 6, 2014 9:27:36 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator

Fossil4182 wrote:
Does the new Exar Kun have Niman Style or Niman Style Mastery?

Niman Style.
Deaths_Baine
Posted: Saturday, August 9, 2014 7:43:56 AM

you know looking through all the new stuff I have to wonder something... why does every piece released with riposte have twin? the game is already hard enough for melee people. heck the republic piece has riposte twin and can easily get djem so. the other has twin riposte and master of the force. I mean looking through the set I don't think it is bad set or anything, just wondering about the thought process behind
thereisnotry
Posted: Saturday, August 9, 2014 5:17:39 PM

Deaths_Baine wrote:
you know looking through all the new stuff I have to wonder something... why does every piece released with riposte have twin? the game is already hard enough for melee people. heck the republic piece has riposte twin and can easily get djem so. the other has twin riposte and master of the force. I mean looking through the set I don't think it is bad set or anything, just wondering about the thought process behind
Serra Keto has Riposte and no Twin (just Double).
swinefeld
Posted: Saturday, August 9, 2014 5:34:37 PM

thereisnotry wrote:
Deaths_Baine wrote:
Serra Keto has Riposte and no Twin (just Double).

My mistake in her Bloo stats. Fixed. (maybe it was on an early version during design and I forgot to change it)
Deaths_Baine
Posted: Saturday, August 9, 2014 5:37:49 PM

that's a little better BigGrin
TheHutts
Posted: Monday, August 11, 2014 5:22:31 PM

I missed out on SHNN last Thursday when Les was asking everyone what their favourite pieces were, so I wanted to have my 5c now. I do think it's a really well pitched set - nothing screams overpowered, and lots of pieces have the potential to feature in competitive play. But here are 5 of my favourites:

- Commando Droid Officer - it seems like there are a bunch of cannon CEs in this set, and this one's really strong. I can see cannon squads with a BX getting cannon shots, or with a bunch of these giving each other shots.
- Boba - he's going to be very popular because he's Boba and because he's a really good piece.
- Emperor Palpatine, Reborn - fun beatstick, I'm sure he'll see plenty of play.
- Falleen Black Sun Bodyguard - I think this has a ton of potential - 60 hit point bodyguard with Pheromones and a lot of offensive potential.
- Domain Lah Warrior - nice 10 point grunt for the Vong, with Speed 8 and Twin.

It's a little academic though, as it feels like a very even set. What are your favourites?
swinefeld
Posted: Monday, August 11, 2014 6:16:45 PM

I think the entire block of Fringe characters are going to be fun, and a good number of them will factor in competitive builds. This set greatly expands Black Sun options with 5 new pieces, all of which are really good, IMO.
Amadeus
Posted: Monday, August 11, 2014 6:30:22 PM

TheHutts wrote:
I missed out on SHNN last Thursday when Les was asking everyone what their favourite pieces were, so I wanted to have my 5c now. I do think it's a really well pitched set - nothing screams overpowered, and lots of pieces have the potential to feature in competitive play. But here are 5 of my favourites:

- Commando Droid Officer - it seems like there are a bunch of cannon CEs in this set, and this one's really strong. I can see cannon squads with a BX getting cannon shots, or with a bunch of these giving each other shots.
- Boba - he's going to be very popular because he's Boba and because he's a really good piece.
- Emperor Palpatine, Reborn - fun beatstick, I'm sure he'll see plenty of play.
- Falleen Black Sun Bodyguard - I think this has a ton of potential - 60 hit point bodyguard with Pheromones and a lot of offensive potential.
- Domain Lah Warrior - nice 10 point grunt for the Vong, with Speed 8 and Twin.

It's a little academic though, as it feels like a very even set. What are your favourites?

My favourites would have to be the new ERCs. They've been designed to mesh perfectly with each other, and co-ordinated movement is a great built-in movement breaker. They should be insanely fun to play, regardless of competitiveness. Plus, they're costed so you can build a commando squad with Elite Delta, Omega, plus a little left over for support or one of the standard delta commandos.