RegisterDonateLogin

Does not tread lightly in the Jundland Wastes.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Got my v-set! *SPOILERS* Options
TheHutts
Posted: Tuesday, July 29, 2014 5:07:02 PM
Groups: Member

dreadtech wrote:
atmsalad wrote:
dreadtech wrote:
Ok, its 2am here, but got time to post 1 more. make it count

First to ask gets there choice posted

Anything OR, lol

OK, OR it is, however as I have been away and not kept up with all spoilers you will need to post the card number or I might post something you already know.

IIRC, neither of the uniques have been previewed - so 1 or 3?
atmsalad
Posted: Tuesday, July 29, 2014 5:12:23 PM

Deaths_Baine wrote:
atmsalad wrote:
dreadtech wrote:
Ommin, Sith Sorcerer. cost 35
HP 120
Def 20
Att 0
Dam 0

SA
Unique,
Melee Attack, Emplacment.
Damage reduction 10
Bolt of Hatred (Replaces attacks, sight 30 damage to target and 1 adjacent character save 11)

Presence of the Dark side (once per turn, an enemy that activates or ends its move within 6 squares loses 1 force point or takes 10 damage)
Rapport Characters whose name contains Force Sprit cost 1 less.

Summon ( During setup, 1 ally whose name contains Dark Force Spirt can set up adjacent to this character on your half of the battle map)

force powers.
force 3, renewal 2, master of the force 2
force lighting 3
illusion
sith magic 3

Ok, there you go TheHutts

Oh bless your soul!

what is sith magic 3?

I don't remember all of the nity gritty, but it uses targeting rules except for line of sight and it's within 12. I think it damages and activates a character... But I could be wrong.
dreadtech
Posted: Tuesday, July 29, 2014 5:14:17 PM

Old Republic
Shoaneb Culu, Jedi Knight. 03/45
Cost 28
HP 90
Def 18
Att 11
Dam 20

SA
Unique, Pilot, Melee, Twin

Crowd Fighting
Lightsaber Duelist
Rapport, A character named Vodu-Siosk cost 5 less.

FP
Force 2, Renewal 1
Force Sense
Lightsaber Deflect
Lightsaber Riposte

Sorry nothing unique as such about her, but I do like the character stats all the same.

Ommin's
Sith Magic 3
Force 3 usable on this characters turn. target 1 enemy within 12 squares ignoring line of sight and cover, that enemy is considered activated this round.
atmsalad
Posted: Tuesday, July 29, 2014 5:18:44 PM

dreadtech wrote:
Old Republic
Shoaneb Culu, Jedi Knight. 03/45
Cost 28
HP 90
Def 18
Att 11
Dam 20

SA
Unique, Pilot, Melee, Twin

Crowd Fighting
Lightsaber Duelist
Rapport, A character named Vodu-Siosk cost 5 less.

FP
Force 2, Renewal 1
Force Sense
Lightsaber Deflect
Lightsaber Riposte

Sorry nothing unique as such about her, but I do like the character stats all the same.

Ommin's
Sith Magic 3
Force 3 usable on this characters turn. target 1 enemy within 12 squares ignoring line of sight and cover, that enemy is considered activated this round.

Yea, but I like her all the same. Thank you!
Deathwielded
Posted: Tuesday, July 29, 2014 6:01:30 PM

I really liked what they did with the Republic commandos, they play just as you would expect. Very mobile and versitile group. I think they could do quite well. tier 1.5 at least IMO

Okay to New Republic stats for now.

Cade Skywalker, Legacy of the Force
cost 54, Faction: New Republic
Hp 120
Def 21
Att +11
Dam 20
Unique, Double Attack (non Melee)
Bounty Hunter +6, Sith Hunter
Camaraderie ( Allies whose name contains Jariah Syn or Deliah Blue gain Bounty Hunter +6 and Twin Attack)

Force 6
Dark Temptation, Lightsaber Deflect
Essence of Life, Force Heal 40

And next his daddy:

Kol Skywalker, Force Spirit
Cost 14, Faction New Republic
Unique, Speed 4, Light Spirit

Force 4
Force Control (force 1, Replaces Attacks; Until the start of this characters next turn, he gains the following force ability: Enemy Force Abilities are suppressed within 6 squares of this character)

CE: Allies with a Lightsaber within 6 gain Lightsaber Precision

I really like Kol, IMO he is the best Force Spirit in the NR now.
Mando
Posted: Tuesday, July 29, 2014 6:38:35 PM

dreadtech wrote:

Ommin's
Sith Magic 3

Please tell me there is a save required for this force power to activate you. It seems way to good to me that a figure can automatically activate someone. A save of 16 at least gives the opponent a chance.
FlyingArrow
Posted: Tuesday, July 29, 2014 6:51:18 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

It's save 11.
Deathwielded
Posted: Tuesday, July 29, 2014 6:52:17 PM

Mando wrote:
dreadtech wrote:

Ommin's
Sith Magic 3

Please tell me there is a save required for this force power to activate you. It seems way to good to me that a figure can automatically activate someone. A save of 16 at least gives the opponent a chance.

There is a save of 11.
Mando
Posted: Tuesday, July 29, 2014 7:01:06 PM

FlyingArrow wrote:
It's save 11.

Thank goodness. Smile
I'd hate to have my 60+ pt beastick automatically nullified from play every round. Major NPE, imo.
FlyingArrow
Posted: Tuesday, July 29, 2014 7:01:24 PM

Presence of the Dark Side is the really interesting one to me on Ommin. That is some swarm hate right there. Hiding in gambit out of sight makes it tough to avoid getting within 6. On Tomb of the Acolytes, for example, there are only about a half dozen squares where you can shoot him from more than 6 away if he is in the right spot in gambit.
Deaths_Baine
Posted: Tuesday, July 29, 2014 7:11:54 PM

just a quick question here, with lightsaber precision, you do not have to be adjacent to get the bonus damage correct? so like I could use new Kol force spirit to let Mara Jedi use it to do 50 shooting or Kyle Katarn to get that extra boost?
Deathwielded
Posted: Tuesday, July 29, 2014 7:13:08 PM

FlyingArrow wrote:
Presence of the Dark Side is the really interesting one to me on Ommin. That is some swarm hate right there. Hiding in gambit out of sight makes it tough to avoid getting within 6. On Tomb of the Acolytes, for example, there are only about a half dozen squares where you can shoot him from more than 6 away if he is in the right spot in gambit.

Oh yeah Ommin is really good with the better gambit and he is pretty nasty against Swarms, but just not Daala's 20 hp Snowtroopers, but 10 hp grunts got to avoid him like the plague. Plus with MotF 2 he can cast Sith Magic upto two times (if you got 6 force points lying around) so you can really try to stop a piece thats going to come beariling on in. Then throw a Bolt of Hatred on top of that! (if you can see the target) Lots of saves, including Illusion and Lightning 3 (with it's own stunning effect) so I think his best Friend has gotta be Exar Kun, Dark Force Spirit, especailly since Exar will cost less with Rapport and can Start adjacent thanks to Summon. Now thats Nasty!

"failed you save, failed your save... Gimme some more of that 10 point gambit goodness!"

Deaths_Baine wrote:
just a quick question here, with lightsaber precision, you do not have to be adjacent to get the bonus damage correct? so like I could use new Kol force spirit to let Mara Jedi use it to do 50 shooting or Kyle Katarn to get that extra boost?

I believe so
FlyingArrow
Posted: Tuesday, July 29, 2014 7:14:21 PM

Deaths_Baine wrote:

I don't see anything that stops it. It still would not count as an attack with a Lightsaber, though.

I guess in this case the shot would be considered 'as precise as a lightsaber'.
TimmerB123
Posted: Tuesday, July 29, 2014 7:19:04 PM

dreadtech wrote:
I mean did we really need another set of the same republic commando squad?

Big +1. I was really upset when I found out we were re-doing THE SAME republic commandos again, except as uniques. Especially since Yayax squad was already needed badly (I mean it already says it on Kal Skirata's card from V-set TWO for the love of god!) When it was decided to redo Omega instead my head almost exploded.

There are actually more remakes in this set than any other set to date. So happy days for the people that like remakes, disappointment for those who actually like new characters being represented. (I do recognize that there are actually a lot of people who enjoy remakes).

All that aside - there are a lot of fun pieces in this set. I really think overall there was a lot of creativity, and restraint in creating balance. No Zygerrian Slaver or Daala Ooops in this set.

Props to Scott for leading the charge on making a new variety of Mandos! Stand and fight! (I'd prefer a straight fight to all this sneaking around.) It gives Mandos an option outside of twin.

Lots of new Black Sun Options, New Boba is going to be a new top tier toy (and meant to be), and overall a lot of FUN characters.

I really love Villie - fun fitting stats for a great Star Wars universe character with tons of personality.

Blizz's bag of tricks will be great to use over many different factions.

Getting an NR R2-D2 is great to see, and a useful new SA to boot!

Can't wait to see what new squads people build!
Deaths_Baine
Posted: Tuesday, July 29, 2014 7:19:47 PM

FlyingArrow wrote:
Deaths_Baine wrote:

I don't see anything that stops it. It still would not count as an attack with a Lightsaber, though.

lol, I like that precise as a lightsaber.
FlyingArrow
Posted: Tuesday, July 29, 2014 7:20:43 PM

Deathwielded wrote:
FlyingArrow wrote:

Oh yeah Ommin is really good with the better gambit and he is pretty nasty against Swarms, but just not Daala's 20 hp Snowtroopers, but 10 hp grunts got to avoid him like the plague. Plus with MotF 2 he can cast Sith Magic upto two times (if you got 6 force points lying around) so you can really try to stop a piece thats going to come beariling on in. Then throw a Bolt of Hatred on top of that! (if you can see the target) Lots of saves, including Illusion and Lightning 3 (with it's own stunning effect) so I think his best Friend has gotta be Exar Kun, Dark Force Spirit, especailly since Exar will cost less with Rapport and can Start adjacent thanks to Summon. Now thats Nasty!

Not a silver bullet against Snowtroopers, but he'll still hurt them a lot, especially with Exar. Half the time, they'll only get off one attack before dying the Presence of the Dark Side if Exar's around. They don't even have to be attacked. And to get their one attack to hit they will have to make an Illusion save - again with Exar there. He's definitely a scissors piece.
Deaths_Baine
Posted: Tuesday, July 29, 2014 7:21:35 PM

TimmerB123 wrote:
dreadtech wrote:

Big +1. I was really upset when I found out we were re-doing THE SAME republic commandos again, except as uniques. Especially since Yayax squad was already needed badly (I mean it already says it on Kal Skirata's card from V-set TWO for the love of god!) When it was decided to redo Omega instead my head almost exploded.

There are actually more remakes in this set than any other set to date. So happy days for the people that like remakes, disappointment for those who actually like new characters being represented. (I do recognize that there are actually a lot of people who enjoy remakes).

All that aside - there are a lot of fun pieces in this set. I really think overall there was a lot of creativity, and restraint in creating balance. No Zygerrian Slaver or Daala Ooops in this set.

Props to Scott for leading the charge on making a new variety of Mandos! Stand and fight! (I'd prefer a straight fight to all this sneaking around.) It gives Mandos an option outside of twin.

Lots of new Black Sun Options, New Boba is going to be a new top tier toy (and meant to be), and overall a lot of FUN characters.

I really love Villie - fun fitting stats for a great Star Wars universe character with tons of personality.

give us all those stats and we will get to building I promise ThumbsUp
Deaths_Baine
Posted: Tuesday, July 29, 2014 7:23:06 PM

FlyingArrow wrote:
Deathwielded wrote:
FlyingArrow wrote:

Not a silver bullet against Snowtroopers, but he'll still hurt them a lot, especially with Exar. Half the time, they'll only get off one attack before dying the Presence of the Dark Side if Exar's around. They don't even have to be attacked. And to get their one attack to hit they will have to make an Illusion save - again with Exar there. He's definitely a scissors piece.

chances are they have paelleon so they wont have to make the illusion save most likely. but anything that remotely works against daala is a plus for me.
Deathwielded
Posted: Tuesday, July 29, 2014 7:24:58 PM

TimmerB123 wrote:
dreadtech wrote:

I'm totally with you on Ville he is looking pretty sweet! And NR R2 was a long while in coming IMO and he is just awesome! So scott was the main guy on the Mandos eh? I got to say I like them, especially the commander he is easily one of the best pieces we got.

I really like what was done with the Republic commandos and they look great, but I see what you mean, Yayax is getting ignored (then again I have no idea who they are lolRollEyes)
Plus now we have a new Prophecy for Lord Hethrir!
Deathwielded
Posted: Tuesday, July 29, 2014 7:25:56 PM

Deaths_Baine wrote:
FlyingArrow wrote:
Deaths_Baine wrote:

lol, I like that precise as a lightsaber.

+2