RegisterDonateLogin

Has been known to rip people's arms out of their sockets.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Kyle Kataarn is up! Options
markedman247
Posted: Monday, June 15, 2009 10:01:59 AM
Groups: Member

Once again, I am defining some Vong Irony here: A species based on hating the Force gets some major help from a Force-using faction (Leia, JK and Kyle-Trainer)
Partof1
Posted: Monday, June 15, 2009 10:03:07 AM

Tirade wrote:
Slie wrote:
keep in mind with wedge he can have evade and with MOTF2 thats gonna be hard to shoot. not to mention could still luke ghost him and give him mettle.

No Evade for this Kyle, unfortunately. He is not a follower.

Ooh, yeah, didn't think of that. Ah well, wedge can't hold my hand anymore, in my Luke JM and Kyle CM squad.
dalibins
Posted: Monday, June 15, 2009 10:22:43 AM

I didn't think of that either. Kyle really is gonna get shot to piss.
Tirade
Posted: Monday, June 15, 2009 10:31:26 AM

dalibins wrote:
I didn't think of that either. Kyle really is gonna get shot to piss.

Accurate shooters should be his only worry. It just takes careful placement to avoid getting shot to pieces.
dalibins
Posted: Monday, June 15, 2009 10:35:21 AM

Being strictly melee forces him to get in the fray. And as a commander at 40 some points, you cant afford to just sit him somewhere...not that his CE is good enough to do that with anyway. I guess I'm not sure if I like him at the moment...Ill wait to see how the rest of the set turns out.
Topher_Champion_Of_The_Force
Posted: Monday, June 15, 2009 10:37:26 AM

this is retarded. it's not even allies with a force rating, just allies.
and does EVERYBODY need to have master of the force 2?
he's good, i want him, but i'm really upset with wizards this pack.

and the art work makes him look fat.
Tirade
Posted: Monday, June 15, 2009 10:40:04 AM

Topher_Champion_Of_The_Force wrote:
this is retarded. it's not even allies with a force rating, just allies.
and does EVERYBODY need to have master of the force 2?
he's good, i want him, but i'm really upset with wizards this pack.

.....Ok. You are entitled to your opinion. I actually love JA. One of the best sets in ages, IMHO.
Tirade
Posted: Monday, June 15, 2009 10:41:42 AM

dalibins wrote:
Being strictly melee forces him to get in the fray. And as a commander at 40 some points, you cant afford to just sit him somewhere...not that his CE is good enough to do that with anyway. I guess I'm not sure if I like him at the moment...Ill wait to see how the rest of the set turns out.

When I said careful placement, I didn't mean stick him apart from the fray. You just need to be careful with advancing him. Same goes for any Melee piece.
dalibins
Posted: Monday, June 15, 2009 10:44:40 AM

I understand what you're saying but it still doesn't change what I said.
Slie
Posted: Monday, June 15, 2009 11:29:49 AM

good call. I still like him, don't think he's over powered at all. but playable.
MarkIV
Posted: Monday, June 15, 2009 12:10:14 PM

I've started to think less of evade as important for the NR Anyway. these are all pieces that get in close to begin with, and once there, evade doesn't do much anyway.
Partof1
Posted: Monday, June 15, 2009 12:27:15 PM

Evade isn't too huge on most maps, and mobile doesn't really help melee. Its only an issue on open maps, actually.
Eroschilles
Posted: Monday, June 15, 2009 1:29:56 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

So, we got answer from NickName that said Kyle doesn't hand out lightsabers to everybody in the NR. It's just the Lightsaber special ability and force powers with the word lightsaber in them.
awesome
Posted: Monday, June 15, 2009 1:49:06 PM

Eroschilles wrote:
So, we got answer from NickName that said Kyle doesn't hand out lightsabers to everybody in the NR. It's just the Lightsaber special ability and force powers with the word lightsaber in them.

wait....... if lightsaber sweep from Aurra sing ignores damage reduction, how is it that her sweep cant be parry'd or blocked?

dumb question as she has a lightsaber so ignores it anyways, but for characters who dont.
Gemini1179
Posted: Monday, June 15, 2009 1:52:13 PM

awesome wrote:
Eroschilles wrote:

wait....... if lightsaber sweep from Aurra sing ignores damage reduction, how is it that her sweep cant be parry'd or blocked?

dumb question as she has a lightsaber so ignores it anyways, but for characters who dont.

NVM...Blushing
awesome
Posted: Monday, June 15, 2009 1:56:16 PM

Gemini1179 wrote:
awesome wrote:
Eroschilles wrote:

Because it is still a non-melee attack. Like it or not, it's the same with MJJ's LS Assault.

I like how it cant be blocked, what Im saying is if lightsaber assault(even if the character has no lightsaber ability or a visible one) how does it not reduce damage if the character technically does not have a lightsaber.
Gemini1179
Posted: Monday, June 15, 2009 1:59:51 PM

awesome wrote:

I like how it cant be blocked, what Im saying is if lightsaber assault(even if the character has no lightsaber ability or a visible one) how does it not reduce damage if the character technically does not have a lightsaber.

Yeah, I totally mis-interpreted what you had written.
Doogle126
Posted: Monday, June 15, 2009 3:07:23 PM

Eroschilles wrote:
I just can't think of any character with a lightsaber that only does 10 damage without the lightsaber SA. It seems to have been the precedent that lightsabers do at least 20 damage.

Disciple of ragnos
sharron
Posted: Monday, June 15, 2009 4:45:56 PM

gaah!! mint. im not all that fussed about him, as he will be easy to hit for shooters, and 19 defense doesnt sound like kyle at all, but i like him. and he has a mint commander effect. now shado vao cant be hit even more! kyle gives a defensive capability to his faction. which is needed. now all we need is a NR character to boost ANY type of damage apart from corellian security officer. lol. i like kyle!!!
Eroschilles
Posted: Monday, June 15, 2009 6:53:53 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

Doogle126 wrote:
Eroschilles wrote:
I just can't think of any character with a lightsaber that only does 10 damage without the lightsaber SA. It seems to have been the precedent that lightsabers do at least 20 damage.

Disciple of ragnos

He doesn't count as having a lightsaber as the blade isn't lit, he doesn't have the Lightsaber SA, or a force power with lightsaber in it.