RegisterDonateLogin

Yes, yes. To Bloo Milk you listen.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Kyle Kataarn is up! Options
imyurhukaberry
Posted: Tuesday, June 16, 2009 12:53:46 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator

Just so everyone knows, the FAQ is not correct regarding the "lightsaber (characters with)" section. As Eroschilles stated above, Special Abilities do NOT count, only Force Powers and the Lightsaber SA. Here is the link to why:
http://forums.gleemax.com/showthread.php?p=18811529
(see NickNames post for official)

Ero, I have to apologize for not listening to you. I only read the FAQ thinking it was up to date. (silly me) I didn't bother to check the WOTC forums for an update. Thanks for persistantly pounding the point in! :)
markedman247
Posted: Tuesday, June 16, 2009 1:39:55 AM
Groups: Member

Thankfully, Nickname said that the FAQ will be updated with that clarification during the next update.
hunter73
Posted: Tuesday, June 16, 2009 3:42:43 AM

To be honest, I would have rather seen the Qui-gon, Combat Instructor CE on this Kyle. I know his CE is pretty cool, but over all how useful will it be compared to the other CE? I still like this piece and I still like the Legacy version and I really do plan on running that version more often. It just seems the old Kyle is just a more solid piece.
Tirade
Posted: Tuesday, June 16, 2009 4:57:54 AM

hunter73 wrote:
To be honest, I would have rather seen the Qui-gon, Combat Instructor CE on this Kyle. I know his CE is pretty cool, but over all how useful will it be compared to the other CE? I still like this piece and I still like the Legacy version and I really do plan on running that version more often. It just seems the old Kyle is just a more solid piece.

Are you serious? Kyle's CE will be far more useful than Qui-Gon's. Giving Duelist to all allies? That's gold. Especially with all the Force users out there. I like the new Qui-Gon, but I certainly don't feel he'll be more useful than Kyle.
Eroschilles
Posted: Tuesday, June 16, 2009 2:04:25 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

imyurhukaberry wrote:
Just so everyone knows, the FAQ is not correct regarding the "lightsaber (characters with)" section. As Eroschilles stated above, Special Abilities do NOT count, only Force Powers and the Lightsaber SA. Here is the link to why:

Ero, I have to apologize for not listening to you. I only read the FAQ thinking it was up to date. (silly me) I didn't bother to check the WOTC forums for an update. Thanks for persistantly pounding the point in! :)

It's no biggie. There was a contradiction between two official sources and all. I just believed the glossary more over the FAQ in this case. I could have just as easily been the one who was mistaken.
Tirade
Posted: Tuesday, June 16, 2009 2:32:47 PM

Eroschilles wrote:
imyurhukaberry wrote:

It's no biggie. There was a contradiction between two official sources and all. I just believed the glossary more over the FAQ in this case. I could have just as easily been the one who was mistaken.

I, for one, am glad you brought this to our attention. I know I didn't see the contradiction at first. Thank you.
mrtyler7
Posted: Wednesday, June 17, 2009 3:39:33 AM

Tirade wrote:
Eroschilles wrote:
imyurhukaberry wrote:

I, for one, am glad you brought this to our attention. I know I didn't see the contradiction at first. Thank you.

No kidding. This was a great conversation, and very relevant, especially since we have two new figures w/o a visible Lightsaber (GMYoda and Vodo).