RegisterDonateLogin

Does not grant you the rank of Master.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

CCC reboot week 2 - Any living non unique sep that doesn't help Droids Options
donnyrides
Posted: Monday, April 11, 2016 1:17:37 PM
Groups: Member

As the winner last week, Surf_rided has asked us to make a Separatist, non-unique, living character that has Nothing to do with Droids. Make them however you want.

My (donnyrides) only request, please think about what already is out there and think about how your piece is going to interact with it.

This is going to get wild. Good luck!!

Here are the new rules. Semi Ignore #1 since Disney hosed Cannon. but the premise is the same.

1. The character must be cannon and from the chosen faction. They can have affinity, but the character must start in the chosen faction. EDIT: Since Cannon is all screwed up, just a known character is fine.

2. You may update any existing versions you already have and/or create a new one. You may update/create several versions of the character but you must ultimately select 1 you wish to run with. (this must be done by the schedule below)

3. Place a hyperlink in this forum to make it easier to find your character. You can just post the stats or image here but if changes are needed it would be easier (and save space) if you just used a Hyperlink (If you don't know how to post Hyperlinks in a forum setting please ask and we will help you. It's not hard )

4. Please rate the characters in this contest, however don't be brutal and 1 bomb the other characters in this contest. This is a friendly contest, just have fun, be honest and do your best. Try to keep them between 7 and 10 with quarter sized fractions if needed. .25 .50 .75. 7 being reserved for a massive no effort and 10s for when something really knocks your socks off.

5. Voting will look like this: "I rated ([Player-A] an 8, [Player-B] a 9, and [Player-C] a 7. My vote goes to [Player-B] . (this vote counts as 1 point) Please feel free to comment on why you made your choice, (what you liked) or not and just put your scores.

6. Too make things fair you must vote in order to win the contest. You must vote for all characters entered in the contest and you may not rate or vote for your own character.

7. The character that is rated the highest in the Bloo Milk rating system will receive a bonus of 2 points. The winner will be decided by how many points they receive (for example: so-and-so(B) received 3 individual votes and received the bonus 2 for being the highest rated character for a total of 5 points)

8. you may not change or update the entered character AFTER the deadline (from Tuesday-Thursday you may get advice and change your character accordingly) Friday at midnight [US central -600] before any votes are cast is the deadline.

The schedule will be like this: Monday the winner of last weeks CCC will announce his choice for the character (including his faction), from Tuesday till Friday characters can be created/updated but on Friday you must have picked one character to submit. Then voting will be held on Saturday, Sunday and Monday until noon [US central -600]. Monday night the winner will be announced and the next character picked.
surf_rider56
Posted: Monday, April 11, 2016 1:24:50 PM

donnyrides wrote:
As the winner last week, Surf_rided has asked us to make a Separatist, non-unique, living character that has Nothing to do with Droids. Make them however you want.

My (donnyrides) only request, please think about what already is out there and think about how your piece is going to interact with it.

This is going to get wild.

That's the last line I sent Donny, let your imagination run wild. Fodder, low level commander, base supply sergeant, whatever .....
Lafcadio
Posted: Monday, April 11, 2016 1:38:13 PM

surf_rider56 wrote:
donnyrides wrote:

This is going to get wild.

That's the last line I sent Donny, let your imagination run wild. Fodder, low level commander, base supply sergeant, whatever .....

Surf_Rider! DUDE! That is an amazing idea! This is going to be fun!!!
General_Grievous
Posted: Monday, April 11, 2016 8:30:54 PM

Awesome and interesting choice, I was originally going to go with a Morgukai warrior I had created a long time ago but since I think another customizer may be going that route I present you with my take on:

Geonosian Warrior:
http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/12704/geonosian-warrior
Caedus
Posted: Tuesday, April 12, 2016 5:24:46 AM

donnyrides
Posted: Tuesday, April 12, 2016 5:32:32 AM

Here is my piece. I love sub factions. They are great because they allow you to fit a lot on the card for a low price because they are fairly restricted to their sub faction.

Here is my piece.
red hand syndicate shadow

I have 1 extra thought on the piece that I might add depending on the feedback I get.
CorellianComedian
Posted: Tuesday, April 12, 2016 6:34:09 AM

Here goes!

http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/25383/separatist-commando-strike-team-leader

I love the Separatist Commando piece, but they're just worthless without some specific help. This guy gives them Twin, Distraction, Cover Fire (lets them slip past big beats to go after someone else), and a different form of "Super-Stealth." Willing to Serve was added last-minute; I think it captures the bravado of the sincere Separatist supporters - and more importantly, allows him to get Independent Outfit from Alto Stratus. Throw in Talon Karrde, and that puts the Separatist Commandos at +9 for 30 with Twin.

I was thinking about also giving the Separatist Commandos Charging Fire, but I don't want to clutter up the card too much. It's already more than I would like it to be.
jak
Posted: Tuesday, April 12, 2016 6:59:17 AM

Naarkon
Posted: Tuesday, April 12, 2016 9:28:05 AM

Here is mine.

http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/25380/morgukai-warrior

I was aiming for something that was a very strong duelist and interference piece, but was weak against ranged attacks and would need support/defense to really be worth his points.

Also, I can't decide between twin and double, so feedback there would be nice.
surf_rider56
Posted: Tuesday, April 12, 2016 12:01:49 PM

... well, that was quick; not always what I expected, but quick .... Cool
Lafcadio
Posted: Tuesday, April 12, 2016 1:00:59 PM

Here's mine:

http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/25387/kaleesh-warrior

Feedback is very much appreciated!
surf_rider56
Posted: Tuesday, April 12, 2016 7:16:11 PM

Well, as I said earlier today, not expected but quick.

General_Grievous
geonosian-warrior 6pts

Caedus
umbaran-militia-in-mhc 57pts

donnyrides
red hand syndicate shadow 14pts

CorellianComedian
separatist-commando-strike-team-leader 25pts

jak
umbaran-militia 16pts

Naarkon
morgukai-warrior 26pts

Lafcadio
kaleesh-warrior 20pts

I must say, I'd originally made my nomination just out of curiosity to see what others would do with my standard "go for the non-unique" approach. I was hoping to "snag" an original idea for my own purposes (yeah I know, but as a one-man operation, I occasionally take ideas wherever I Can.

Off the top of my head without checking, I've made almost all of these 3-4 years ago and I'm trying not to compare (never made an Umbaran Mobile Heavy Cannon) and even though the V-Setters Made the Red Hand Syndicate, I still look at them as really Fringers, not Seps; also, since we said living, isn't the MHC technically a vehicle, but I digress ....

General_Grievous
geonosian-warrior 6pts

the "3" less on stats is not only a wash with the Geo Soldier, but is probably actually closer to a 10-11 because of Mobile & Splash .....

Caedus
umbaran-militia-in-mhc 57pts

Not sure if this is even a vehicule or not, but it sorta defeats the spirit if not the letter of the challenge ....

donnyrides
red hand syndicate shadow 14pts

Still not sure about the whole Red Hand thing should really be Sep or Fringe, but the base stats alone make it 16pts; with abilities this might be closer to a 22-23pt piece .....

CorellianComedian
separatist-commando-strike-team-leader 25pts

This is the guy I may critique the hardest because I made a Sep Commando Leader that was very well thought of 4 years ago - and your guy has a lot more going on (That CE for all intents/purposes Super Stealth) and the price is closer to conservatively 35-36 ....

jak
umbaran-militia 16pts

Millicreep Droid alone makes this worth closer to 32pt; 40 damage And ignore LOS??

Naarkon
morgukai-warrior 26pts

+20 Damage base is too much, with Jedi Hunter & Twin .... too too much ....

Lafcadio
kaleesh-warrior 20pts

Squad Assault from a "Tribesman" doesn't sound right; he really doesn't "feel" Kaleesh to be honest ..... Kaleesh Grevious is 22pts with 3 abilities Plus a CE; a simple warrior should be closer to 2 abilities and half the cost .....
otherwise how could Grevious stand out???

My nitpicking/rants over.

Peace ....
donnyrides
Posted: Tuesday, April 12, 2016 8:27:23 PM

Surf rider, this is meant to be a fun creative contest. I know you have made over 1600 cards, but that does not make you an authority on custom builds. Constructive criticism is one thing and is encouraged, but telling people they are wrong about their builds isn't cool. I was afraid this was going to happen. Maybe this is why the CCC stopped the first time. I try not to get emotional but I don't like being talked down to.
General_Grievous
Posted: Tuesday, April 12, 2016 8:47:00 PM

ELE. Everybody Love Everybody! Hahaha it is a fun contest and people designing things different then what one expects is half of the fun/challenge. I think a cool twist on future CCCs is to have each creative designer rank them in order 1-8 instead of placing a ranking. That way you would still achieve a similar end result with the most liked winning it but without having to rate someone's piece too strongly. But I'm cool with how it is too just offering random ideas. Strength and honour brothers.
surf_rider56
Posted: Tuesday, April 12, 2016 8:51:22 PM

donnyrides wrote:
Surf rider, this is meant to be a fun creative contest. I know you have made over 1600 cards, but that does not make you an authority on custom builds. Constructive criticism is one thing and is encouraged, but telling people they are wrong about their builds isn't cool. I was afraid this was going to happen. Maybe this is why the CCC stopped the first time. I try not to get emotional but I don't like being talked down to.

Not meant to be talking down to anybody; most of my rants were regarding costs; its my biggest peeve. The MHC living vs vehicle is up to every one else, the Red Hand is simply my problem and again no one elses and a lot of the pieces are really overpowered for the price. The Plo Koon pieces were never more than 5-7 pts off (and 2-5 points can be argued forever) and I said Caedus's Plo was actually undercosted.

The Kaleesh were war-like and ritualistic; I personally would have thought Deathstrike or Bloodthirsty would have fit them nicely. There was nothing to make them stand out as desert tribesmen distinct from Tuskans ...

If everyone else thinks that the costing is fine, have at it. I was the first one to critique and its my opinions. If you think they're mostly costed right, I'm not going to argue with you; it's your opinion.
Lafcadio
Posted: Tuesday, April 12, 2016 9:48:06 PM

surf_rider56 wrote:

Lafcadio
kaleesh-warrior 20pts

Squad Assault from a "Tribesman" doesn't sound right; he really doesn't "feel" Kaleesh to be honest ..... Kaleesh Grevious is 22pts with 3 abilities Plus a CE; a simple warrior should be closer to 2 abilities and half the cost .....
otherwise how could Grevious stand out???

Ok, going off the advice I have received from all of you guys, (Thank you to everyone, by the way) I have made edits to my piece.

As to the aligning with the Kaleesh Grievous, that wasn't specifically my goal when I created the piece. From what I could find on Wookiepedia, I got the impression that the Kaleesh weren't specifically backing the Seps until during the clone wars (After grievous got turned into a cyborg). So, I wasn't trying go for a piece that would specifically fit with Grievous, Kaleesh Warlord; (Costing significantly less, having fewer SAs etc) just one that could work better with Grievous because they are the same species. That being said:

Going off the feedback I have received, I have updated my origional piece: http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/25387/kaleesh-warrior

Again, this one isn't necessarily built to be a Grievous, Kaleesh Warlord follower. Just another warlord type piece that just works well alongside grievous.
@General Grievous: On the piece below, I have included a SA that would make a Kaleesh piece work specifically well with Kaleesh Grievous, called: "Tribal Connection" (Kind of cheesy title, I know.) Do you think I should replace "Prone" in this piece^^ with "Tribal Connection"?

But, so that I could work in some more of the advice, I have also created this one: http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/25394/kaleesh-tribesman

@General Grievous and @Surf_Rider: This second piece might be a little bit closer to what you're looking for in a Kaleesh non-unique. @Surf_Rider: I know it doesn't have less abilities than Kaleesh Grievous, but is it closer to what you were thinking?

@All: And I'll probably go with whichever piece you guys like better between the two!

Again, feedback is appreciated!
Lafcadio
Posted: Tuesday, April 12, 2016 9:55:16 PM

General_Grievous wrote:
ELE. Everybody Love Everybody! Hahaha it is a fun contest and people designing things different then what one expects is half of the fun/challenge. I think a cool twist on future CCCs is to have each creative designer rank them in order 1-8 instead of placing a ranking. That way you would still achieve a similar end result with the most liked winning it but without having to rate someone's piece too strongly. But I'm cool with how it is too just offering random ideas. Strength and honour brothers.

That is a good idea about the ranking! (If I'm understanding you correctly) Do you mean: instead of the 9.25, 8.55 etc, just rank each piece 1st, 2nd, 3rd etc, and then at the end just seeing who has the best average score at the end?

But agreed: nothing wrong with the way it's going now.ThumpUp
donnyrides
Posted: Wednesday, April 13, 2016 4:58:21 AM

Lets change it to giving out a 1st 2nd and 3rd ranking only. Then if you want to make comments on the pieces you can or can simply just say the 3 you like.

At the end I will count up the votes and the person with the most 1st place votes wins. if tied, 2nd place votes will break the tie, if still tied, 3rd place votes will win. If still tied, we can revote between the tied parties.
General_Grievous
Posted: Wednesday, April 13, 2016 5:00:57 AM

Seconded! Makes for a friendlier voting process encouraging ingenious design instead of rating individual pieces that may not be out personal flavour haha. And you can also have be first place votes be 3 points, 2nd be 2 points and 3rd be 1 point if that is easier
donnyrides
Posted: Wednesday, April 13, 2016 6:02:56 AM

That sounds even better GG

1st worth 3
2nd worth 2
3rd worth 1