Choice Votes Statistics
Yes 29 37.179487 %
No 49 62.820512 %

Easy Poll, GOWK, To Ban, Or Not To Ban? That Is The Question. Options
afairy13
Posted: Monday, June 29, 2009 11:23:28 AM
Groups: Member

I am a firm believer of banning GOWK for the reason that he shifts the
balance of the game significantly towards whoever controls him.
Yes he has flaws, yes he is beatable, but it makes it harder for an
opponent who isn't prepared to fight him. Yes you can say any high tier
player will always prepare for him and have a part of thier squad
set to be able to combat him. The fact that EVERY top tier squad, EVERY one,
will compare themselves to how well they stack up to a GOWK squad is
unhealthy to the game as a whole, not to mention he is twice as effective
as any other piece at his point level (or even higher). If he had costed 75-80 points
I doubt we would have had even half of these conversations, but the fact
of his effectiveness for cost, diffuculty to kill (note NOT invincibility because
he is defeatable, just harder then most other pieces), and synergy with other pieces
(i'm looking at you Mas and R2Cursing ) just makes the need to do something.
And the only thing that can really be done is to ban him in competitive play. Now
this wont do anything for casual players who will do what they want with
him and play him or not regardless of banning.
dnemiller
Posted: Monday, June 29, 2009 11:29:46 AM

strate_jakit wrote:
I don't know billiv, i'm really tempted to bring up the time we played eachother on vassel and you lost. it was a while ago and i was using my friends account and i don't remember if i was using grievous supreme commander or original durge but i do remember winning. and if that doesn't show that i can compete with a "top level" player, fine

This one is hilarious I was playing using a friends account. I dont remember what I was playing but I remember it was my friends account. Then of course you out played Bill and destroyed him.

Then why not get back on vassal and play more. One game doesn't really prove much. Can you recall what Bill was playing??? Let me guess it was Gowk and you took him out with Grievious Supreme Commander????

LOL
strate_jakit
Posted: Monday, June 29, 2009 11:32:57 AM

dnemiller wrote:
strate_jakit wrote:
I don't know billiv, i'm really tempted to bring up the time we played eachother on vassel and you lost. it was a while ago and i was using my friends account and i don't remember if i was using grievous supreme commander or original durge but i do remember winning. and if that doesn't show that i can compete with a "top level" player, fine

This one is hilarious I was playing using a friends account. I dont remember what I was playing but I remember it was my friends account. Then of course you out played Bill and destroyed him.

Then why not get back on vassal and play more. One game doesn't really prove much. Can you recall what Bill was playing??? Let me guess it was Gowk and you took him out with Grievious Supreme Commander????

LOL

said the man who also lost to me that day

if your going to say i'm not a good player know who your talking to LOL
dnemiller
Posted: Monday, June 29, 2009 11:37:22 AM

strate_jakit wrote:
dnemiller wrote:
strate_jakit wrote:

LOL

said the man who also lost to me that day LOL

Oh it gets even better!!!! LOL

LOL you are the greatest player ever!!!!! The guy that has sat back and been the master of the game the whole time it is just none of us knew because he was playing using his friends account so he could deflect the press from finding out!!!!

Oh I have learned!!! You are great because you said so and that is enough for me
strate_jakit
Posted: Monday, June 29, 2009 11:39:45 AM

you don't want to belive then don't but maybe im better than you give me credit for. maybe i am a "top player". or maybe, you aren't as good as you think
Sithborg
Posted: Monday, June 29, 2009 11:39:58 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator, Rules Guy

Holy Forum Arguement Batman!!!

Seriously , 4 pages in a day? Good to see an active thread, but I have a feeling actually reading it is a waste of time, as it will likely be the same people posting the same arguements. At this point, I just want it to be over.
RannKonnar
Posted: Monday, June 29, 2009 11:40:45 AM

Ha!!
To all you people who wanna ban GOWK, HES WINNING IN NO!!!!!BigGrin
RannKonnar
Posted: Monday, June 29, 2009 11:43:31 AM

Sithborg wrote:

Seriously , 4 pages in a day? Good to see an active thread, but I have a feeling actually reading it is a waste of time, as it will likely be the same people posting the same arguements. At this point, I just want it to be over.

Yes!
Me too.
And Obi-Wan does have his weaknessess.
Like if hes out of Force Points!
Or just use Jar Jar!
Just think of the damage you could do if he was out of Force Points.
And then you can rush Palps sith lord, adjacent to him.
And hope he rolls a 1!
strate_jakit
Posted: Monday, June 29, 2009 11:47:16 AM

Sithborg wrote:

i don't care much about whether or not these guys believe me anymore i'm just having fun here.

but if you want me to miller i could post some details about what happened. but you wouldn't ask me to do that, it would mean that you could be wrong
dnemiller
Posted: Monday, June 29, 2009 11:48:17 AM

strate_jakit wrote:
you don't want to belive then don't but maybe im better than you give me credit for. maybe i am a "top player". or maybe, you aren't as good as you think

oh I am giving you credit. I have said that you are the greatest player ever..... even though none know who you are oh mystery man.

I think I remember the game now. You were playing ewoks with no commander effects and I was playing all the power pieces. You just destroyed me and I went home and cried I remember that day.

LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL
DarthReeves
Posted: Monday, June 29, 2009 11:51:27 AM

I just rush Melee figs into him and then bring in the Grand Admiral. It's hard to win when you can't reroll. I know it sucks playing against him, but that's the game right? If someone wants to be GOWK then you just need an army with disruptive. Or use a force power to activate him before you get to him. If people always use GOWK to win tournaments then they are insecure in their Mini Skills. I for one think it's great to see people with tough pieces like this or the new luke. If you beat them, then you just own3d them like a champ. Just focus on building an anti gowk squad and you are fine. Or better yet, have a regular tournament and a "I'm a total wimp so I'm using GOWK" tournament. We'll segregate!
dnemiller
Posted: Monday, June 29, 2009 11:54:22 AM

strate_jakit wrote:
Sithborg wrote:

i don't care much about whether or not these guys believe me anymore i'm just having fun here.

but if you want me to miller i could post some details about what happened. but you wouldn't ask me to do that, it would mean that you could be wrong

post away !!!!!

You act like I care or something

I have lost plenty of times..... that means what????? that I am not perfect..... that it is a game...... there is luck.... opponents are smart.....

Any of those?????

But I am not the one being mysterious you are.... so man up and say who you are or something.... otherwise you got nothing.
strate_jakit
Posted: Monday, June 29, 2009 11:55:33 AM

how's this dnemiller:
i was using the account clamup
i faced four people that day, capin ahab(i won) darklordverjal(i lost) billiv(I won) you(i won)
me and you played on cloud city 200pts, my team was the original durge, med droid, mustafarian flea riders and quarren raiders.
ahab and i played on starship, i used the same team
verjal and i played 150pt on tatooine i don't recall the teams, he destroyed me. he also tried to help me download extra maps to play on
against bill i used 200pt grievous SC with bdo and geonosion overseer, i had one corporate alliance tank droid and supers

detailed enough for ya
would you like to know my name, adress, or phone number
and im sure you've lost but you seem determined not to belive that i beat you
dnemiller
Posted: Monday, June 29, 2009 12:00:54 PM

strate_jakit wrote:
how's this dnemiller:
i was using the account clamup
i faced four people that day, capin ahab(i won) darklordverjal(i lost) billiv(I won) you(i won)
me and you played on cloud city 200pts, my team was the original durge, med droid, mustafarian flea riders and quarren raiders.
ahab and i played on starship, i used the same team
verjal and i played 150pt on tatooine i don't recall the teams, he destroyed me. he also tried to help me download extra maps to play on
against bill i used 200pt grievous SC with bdo and geonosion overseer, i had one corporate alliance tank droid and supers

detailed enough for ya

LOL it was not me!!!!

I have never faced that matchup in my life!!!!!!

You might want to talk to my son Nate he plays using my vassal account all the time!!!

he is kitfisto111493 on gamers but he has no laptop of his own so he uses mine or his brothers millertime.

LOL never not even right after Bounty Hunters have I seen a squad like that and I have no idea who Clamup is.... I know most names on vassal and have not even seen that one.

Next time you want say you did something to me you might want to make sure it is me if this even happened at all..... I am laughing my butt off right now!!!
strate_jakit
Posted: Monday, June 29, 2009 12:04:05 PM

ok lots of people use other accounts. i can belive that, but if people use your account all the time why do you laugh at the idea of me using a friends account. i could be wrong but it seems to me that that is a little hypocritical, maybe it isn't even true

and clamup isn't an active account anymore just so you know
afairy13
Posted: Monday, June 29, 2009 12:10:01 PM

DarthReeves wrote:
Just focus on building an anti gowk squad and you are fine. Or better yet, have a regular tournament and a "I'm a total wimp so I'm using GOWK" tournament. We'll segregate!

You sir just stated the reason for banning him. Focus on everyone using an anti-GOWK squad? That in itself is proof of what ONE SINGLE PIECE is doing to a game!!!!!!!
He forces every top tier player to accomodate for a single, undercosted, overpowered piece in ALL OF THIER TOP SQUADS!!!!!!! I'm a wimp b/c I use the most effective single piece (note: not best but effective) to win prizes? The fact is that by using a single piece a decent player can steamroll an expert with the same rolls b/c they decided to use that ONE fig on their team as opposed to 'Everyone play fair and non-GOWK users over here and all the GOWKs play over here' is ridiculous. The casual players will play
with it if he is banned or not so why not make the game fair (in a loose, no one has a distinct advantage before they play, way) for competitive play.
awesome
Posted: Monday, June 29, 2009 12:10:01 PM

Wait...Dean is Nate the older or younger of the sons? because I really cant see the older one losing that match.

OH, hey strate jakit if you use seps, dont use the tank it isnt very good for the seps, its really big, low defense and so on so forth, and on that last one, why did you use that grievous with the Geonosian? they both grant the same thing, and I only use supers(once in a while) if its with the new grievous because I think its fun running up to 12 squares and attacking, but I dont use them that often, only when I want to rush.
dnemiller
Posted: Monday, June 29, 2009 12:12:03 PM

strate_jakit wrote:
ok lots of people use other accounts. i can belive that, but if people use your account all the time why do you laugh at the idea of me using a friends account. i could be wrong but it seems to me that that is a little hypocritical, maybe it isn't even true

and clamup isn't an active account anymore just so you know

quite simply my son is a family member think about it. He is 15 years old and does not get on vassal consistently more like spurts.

We have a family desktop and family laptop that all kids have access to. Chase and I have our own laptops. So I dont go and change user names on the computers. But I can promise you I have not lost to the deadly Quarren Raiders yet. I can pretty much recall most games.

By the way I lose plenty of games on vassal. I am not highly competitive on vassal it more for fun and testing theories.

By the way I dont think you deactivate vassal accounts. All Clamup has to do is reload vassal and it is good to go

strate_jakit
Posted: Monday, June 29, 2009 12:13:52 PM

awesome wrote:
Wait...Dean is Nate the older or younger of the sons? because I really cant see the older one losing that match.

OH, hey strate jakit if you use seps, dont use the tank it isnt very good for the seps, its really big, low defense and so on so forth, and on that last one, why did you use that grievous with the Geonosian? they both grant the same thing, and I only use supers(once in a while) if its with the new grievous because I think its fun running up to 12 squares and attacking, but I dont use them that often, only when I want to rush.

the geonosion was just to spread the effect more because mouse droids didn't exist and i realize that the tank isn't all that great but i did have two r5's, and the new grievous wasn't out yet either or i would have used him

and dnemiller by not active i just meant not used anymore i didn't have my own account then and my friend didn't use it because he had like three
awesome
Posted: Monday, June 29, 2009 12:15:57 PM

strate_jakit wrote:
awesome wrote:

the geonosion was just to spread the effect more and i realize that the tank isn't all that great but i did have two r5's

and dnemiller by not active i just meant not used anymore

were mouse droids not real back then? that is a better way to go than having a 16 pointer get shot at.