RegisterDonateLogin

Everything is under control. Situation normal.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Poll Question : Yes for Should Be Banned.No For Shouldnt Be Banned
Choice Votes Statistics
Yes 29 37.179487 %
No 49 62.820512 %

Easy Poll, GOWK, To Ban, Or Not To Ban? That Is The Question. Options
strate_jakit
Posted: Monday, June 29, 2009 12:17:39 PM
Groups: Member

no they weren't out yet
billiv15
Posted: Monday, June 29, 2009 12:28:57 PM

Lol, I am fairly certain I never played "clamup" and I am definately sure I have never played against the almighty CAT.

Do you recall what I supposedly played on this mythical game?
Mickey
Posted: Monday, June 29, 2009 12:37:10 PM

I would just like to interject a thought here if I may. One thing I noticed when I came into this gaming community (SWM that is) that there were alot of great people who had fun playing with each other. Lately though it seems the community bickers alot and mainly over this one idea--to ban or not to ban GOWK. It really saddens me to see a community such as this one or the WoTC community degrading into such petty arguments. I really hate seeing bashing going on in the forums. The game has one purpose in our lives and that is to be enjoyable. I realize there is a level of competition involved but we are ultimately here to have fun. So please try to stop the arguing and have some fun :)
Durge Dude
Posted: Monday, June 29, 2009 12:37:35 PM

Come on guys. Get over it. I voted not ban. Use force powers. Thats how you kill him.
Durge Dude
Posted: Monday, June 29, 2009 12:43:13 PM

Mickey wrote:
I would just like to interject a thought here if I may. One thing I noticed when I came into this gaming community (SWM that is) that there were alot of great people who had fun playing with each other. Lately though it seems the community bickers alot and mainly over this one idea--to ban or not to ban GOWK. It really saddens me to see a community such as this one or the WoTC community degrading into such petty arguments. I really hate seeing bashing going on in the forums. The game has one purpose in our lives and that is to be enjoyable. I realize there is a level of competition involved but we are ultimately here to have fun. So please try to stop the arguing and have some fun :)

Dude you are so right. All this game is, is a pass time. Do we really need to argue about a pass time. Its about as stupid as Cubs/Cards fans or Red Sox/Yankee fans arguing about whose team is better.
billiv15
Posted: Monday, June 29, 2009 12:46:09 PM

Durge Dude wrote:
Mickey wrote:

Dude you are so right. All this game is, is a pass time. Do we really need to argue about a pass time. Its about as stupid as Cubs/Cards fans or Red Sox/Yankee fans arguing about whose team is better.

It's not "stupid". I respectfully submit that it's you two taking it too seriously, not Dean, myself or even strate jakit.

needless to say, the game is still quite enjoyable, you guys really need to get over what happens on an internet message board. It certainly doesn't ruin my fun of the game. If something being said is some how ruining yours, then I suggest a new hobby.

But please, next time, leave the "give him a new perspective" out of it. Mine is just fine.
strate_jakit
Posted: Monday, June 29, 2009 12:49:52 PM

billiv15 wrote:
Lol, I am fairly certain I never played "clamup" and I am definately sure I have never played against the almighty CAT.

Do you recall what I supposedly played on this mythical game?

i don't remember actually and i couldn't tell you if it was a serious team or not but I know how it ended. im done with this, i try to tell you gowk can be beaten, you say no. i tell you how i do, you say it's irrelevent because im not as good as you. i say i've beaten you, you do everything you can to deny it. i really don't want to to see what you say next.
Rebel_Hero
Posted: Monday, June 29, 2009 12:52:13 PM

I am convinced. Strate Jaket is the greatest player everrrrr
strate_jakit
Posted: Monday, June 29, 2009 12:55:23 PM

Rebel_Hero wrote:
I am convinced. Strate Jaket is the greatest player everrrrr

Confused thank you... how did you come to that
strate_jakit
Posted: Monday, June 29, 2009 12:57:45 PM

Rebel_Hero wrote:
will u help me learn how to play star wars strate jakit

sure, guy with a lightsaber beats down guy with gun, now you know
Rebel_Hero
Posted: Monday, June 29, 2009 12:58:10 PM

will u sign my boba bh pleaseee
strate_jakit
Posted: Monday, June 29, 2009 12:58:48 PM

Rebel_Hero wrote:
will u sign my boba bh pleaseee

can i keep it?
imyurhukaberry
Posted: Monday, June 29, 2009 12:59:55 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

Usually when I don't want to read something, I just close my eyes...or don't click on the link.

My opinion: as stated many times, I don't want tournaments to be centered around 1 character. And if the top players in the world...notice that "in the world" part...are arguing that it's TOO EASY to win with a certain character and that it will limit the game and that it isn't good for the game. Well, I for one am going to listen.

Will I still use him in casual play, heck yes. He's a really cool figure with great abilities and he boosts old characters to the point of using them again. Have I seen him beat? Yep. In a non-time limit game. In an hour? Never. I watched a game the other day on Vassal where someone TRIED to get his GOWK killed. Placed him right in the middle of the map and then kept offering AoOs. Yeah...it was sick. GOWK survived as last man standing.
strate_jakit
Posted: Monday, June 29, 2009 1:01:56 PM

imyurhukaberry wrote:
Usually when I don't want to read something, I just close my eyes...or don't click on the link.

My opinion: as stated many times, I don't want tournaments to be centered around 1 character. And if the top players in the world...notice that "in the world" part...are arguing that it's TOO EASY to win with a certain character and that it will limit the game and that it isn't good for the game. Well, I for one am going to listen.

Will I still use him in casual play, heck yes. He's a really cool figure with great abilities and he boosts old characters to the point of using them again. Have I seen him beat? Yep. In a non-time limit game. In an hour? Never. I watched a game the other day on Vassal where someone TRIED to get his GOWK killed. Placed him right in the middle of the map and then kept offering AoOs. Yeah...it was sick. GOWK survived as last man standing.

you have to have amazing luck to try to kill someone and fail
Del Muerte
Posted: Monday, June 29, 2009 1:07:53 PM

One reason to not ban GOWK, is to prevent the rebel canon squad(s) from having a win streak at gencon. Flapper Razz LOL Tongue.
sharron
Posted: Monday, June 29, 2009 1:17:49 PM

I think everybody needs to calm down. You all have different points of veiw, good-o. Argueing about who played who? and over vassal? does it really matter? so somebody made a mistake, and thought something differently. Out of everybody who is argueing about anything to do with GOWK, most of you are going too far. I love a little dissagreement about a character, there uses and what not, but this? Name calling? this is insane. agree to dissagree, and move on. People all have different opinions on GOWK, but please, for the consideration of this site, and of the people joined on it, keep your comments respactable, because I for one am sick of thefights people get into about a character. sure, voice you opinions, have a debate about it, but keep it real. just realize everyone has their own understanding of a character, and respect that. there is no need to let it get out of hand.

my rant is done. :) thanks guys.
StriderRe80
Posted: Monday, June 29, 2009 1:25:59 PM

well i am done with conversation obviously i am not a good player i don't know what i am talking about but since i don't know what i am talking about but it will not matter

GOWK IS BEING BANNED ON JULY 1ST NOTHING YOU CAN DO ABOUT SO SAY GOODBYE TO GOWK HAVE A NICE DAY

if you had a clue you would know this was coming and who writes the updates and the DCI rules. Yep I don't have a clue ThumbsUp
Darth Percocet
Posted: Monday, June 29, 2009 1:27:05 PM

imyurhukaberry wrote:

Very well put..

I just say with all these discussions, replies & views on this thread with it only being 1 day old should say something. I dunno about anyone else but in my view Gowk isnt good for the game. Theres to many different thoughts of why to ban him & why not to ban him. & i just think even all the people who do not want to ban him that if they did ban him they wouldnt lose sleep over it. & i just feel if he is kept this debate will just keep going.

And i for one do not want this game to just focus on making counters to Gowk & not just focus on making the game better. I just think he's to powerful & i know there takes skill in this game to be successful. But at the same time he is powerful enough to get a beginner player alot of chances to beat an average player. The game shouldnt be like that, the game should be like you having to learn strategies & learn the game. Meaning know all powers, abilities, most rules. The line practice makes perfect should apply here.

You should have to go through trial & era to become a pretty good player, not just be able to pick one figure & have that one figure affect how much better you become. What about all of the people who spent years playing the game to become good & competitive? & then a piece like Gowk comes into the mix & can have the chance to make a beginner half good. Just dont like the way the games going with it.

Mr Skywalker2001
Posted: Monday, June 29, 2009 1:28:46 PM

i agree with darth percocet
sharron
Posted: Monday, June 29, 2009 1:30:13 PM

same. well put, darth.