RegisterDonateLogin

Wonderful! You are now a part of the tribe. (Just what you always wanted.)

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

I refuse to stop using GOWK Options
Durge Dude
Posted: Friday, July 3, 2009 11:18:09 AM
Groups: Member

I dont care that he is banned, I will not stop using him. Who ever started this and got him banned, thanks a lot, it is good to know the group I decided to join is a bunch of winers.
dnemiller
Posted: Friday, July 3, 2009 11:55:25 AM

Durge Dude wrote:
I dont care that he is banned, I will not stop using him. Who ever started this and got him banned, thanks a lot, it is good to know the group I decided to join is a bunch of winers.

Well thanks for the insults!!

Good to see you handle things like a mature adult.

Do you just ignore game rules or does this extend to other things to? You know things like laws.

Do you even play DCI because that is the only way it could effect you?

But please anytime you dont like something I do or recommend feel free to insult me or call me names (especially when you can remain faceless and nameless via the internet).
This is the way mature adults have always handled differing opinions.

I find it funny that on all the star wars forums out there flaming or calling names to people is always the wrong thing to do unless you are the one doing it.
Volvagia14
Posted: Friday, July 3, 2009 12:08:52 PM

not again...can we stop with the GOWK?

he's gone! woopdee stinkin doo!

you can still use him to whup on your friends!

Just because he is banned doesn't mean that you can't use him, ya just can't use 'em in DCI...

thank you.
Sithborg
Posted: Friday, July 3, 2009 12:11:58 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator, Rules Guy

Durge Dude wrote:

As long as you are not playing DCI Tournaments (non-casual), go ahead.

Trust me, look at who was advocating the ban, and then find their posts in all the other "ban/TOO POWERFUL" threads. This will hopefully be a rare occurence, and IE and JA assure me of this.
StriderRe80
Posted: Friday, July 3, 2009 12:12:30 PM

Durge Dude wrote:

Yea and I beat you don't play DCI, you have beaten GOWK every time you have faced him including with a squad of ewoks, and are the best player in you area who can beat everyone that plays and have never been on vassal or at a major event.

Or maybe you don't have half a clue on what is going on and what has been said. You are someone who thinks since we have never had a banned piece before we should not start now and if we do we got to ban Thrawn, R2. Reekein, and Boba Fett BH.

Yea keep on playing him and guess what you wont be able to play in any major tournaments becasue if you do you will be disqualified but guess what if you don't play DCI and never have and don't plan on it guess what

IT DOES NOT MATTER BECASUE HE IS ONLY BEEING BANNED IN DCI FORMAT
Xeonaught
Posted: Friday, July 3, 2009 12:29:18 PM

YES HAHA IN YOUR FACE SHARRON HE CAN STILL KICK YOUR ASS. like that time we played a 300 point game and i beat you 300 to 101. gowk didnt evan take a scratch haha i love my life again.
kezzamachine
Posted: Friday, July 3, 2009 1:09:19 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

Okay, okay, Xeo... don't make Sharron bring out his Impulsive Savagery...!
Omnus
Posted: Friday, July 3, 2009 1:37:47 PM

It's stuff like this that makes not want admit I am against the ban...it's all about who you get grouped in with : )
kenred2
Posted: Friday, July 3, 2009 2:03:28 PM

Do you guys realize that this thread has "flame" written all over it? I really thought you guys are clever enough to avoid it.
billiv15
Posted: Friday, July 3, 2009 2:38:57 PM

Durge Dude wrote:

Yep, exactly what I am, I am a "winer". I think that means I enjoy drinking wine, although usually the term is wino. Or did you mean "whiner"? I will assume not, because that would be a ridiculous statement to make, and would only serve to make you look like an idiot.

We did a lot of work on this, and it had nothing to do with "whining". What we have done is for the good of the game, for the betterment of everyone. There are plenty of things I don't necessarily like either, but I would never call people "whiners" or any other name because of it. Somethings, adults just have to learn to accept. Sometimes there really are people smarter than you, more knowledgeable than you, or more experienced than you that very well may in fact be right more often than you. It's the nature of the world, sorry to be the bearer of bad news.
Gau
Posted: Friday, July 3, 2009 2:49:24 PM

This is a laughable decision. I'm very sad...this decision, when combined with the ever-increasing power creep and shrinking top-tier list, have finally pushed me over the edge. I'm not willing to sink any more money into a game where 90% of the things I pull are going to be useless, and now on top of that, some of the things will be outright outlawed from play.

I'll see what I can get out of my rares, but enjoy your game post-ban. I'm out.
greentime
Posted: Friday, July 3, 2009 2:54:02 PM

Gau wrote:
This is a laughable decision. I'm very sad...this decision, when combined with the ever-increasing power creep and shrinking top-tier list, have finally pushed me over the edge. I'm not willing to sink any more money into a game where 90% of the things I pull are going to be useless, and now on top of that, some of the things will be outright outlawed from play.

Ever-increasing power creep? When some of the best pieces in the game are Yobuck, Astromech Droid, Smuggler Han, and Luke's speeder? Are still the best, I should say? Shrinking top-tier list? At a time when that list is more crowded and less clear than it has been in at least months, and perhaps years? Right now, no one has any clue what the best squad is going to be at the championship, which is in LESS THAN TWO MONTHS. When was the last time that no one had any idea what would be top tier less than two months before the showdown? When was the last time that that squad could conceivable be Republic, Rebels, New Republic, Imperial, Sith, Separatist, or maybe even Yuuzhan Vong or OR.

What you are saying makes no sense.
luke hates thrawn
Posted: Friday, July 3, 2009 3:01:35 PM

Well Durge what are the "pros" of GOWK being used (By you), and then what "cons" of you using GOWK.

Just a nother thing to throw at youBomb,

WHAT GOOD DOES HE DO FOR THE GAME!!!
Nightwalker
Posted: Friday, July 3, 2009 3:19:14 PM

I am also on the side of the fence which agrees that the ban is not necassary.

But all of you who sit on these forums and yell at eachother back and forth really doesn't do anything for our community and doesn't solve the issue.
IG-108
Posted: Friday, July 3, 2009 3:26:03 PM

Durge Dude wrote:

This is just...I've got nothing to say about this. I think everyone else respectable about the game knows what I'm thinking. There's no need for name calling back to you by me or anyone else. But if you're going to start something like this, make sure you spell your insult correctly.
You just assume that the creator(s) wanted to ban him willingly and were happy about it? Did you look into it at all other than what people were saying on about a thousand threads? In addition to fixing your spelling when insulting, do your research.

Gau wrote:

Are you really need attention? That's the only reason I see for you posting this. Why should any of us care about what you think after one piece was banned that mabey you liked. So one piece was banned on a team that it won't affect that badly. In two weeks or less, is it really going to be that big an issue anymore. And how are 90% of the things going to be useless. About 90% of the pieces from older sets are still useful. And some "things" being outlawed. It was one piece for crying out loud! But go ahead and leave. We don't need your kind of crap and insults here.
seibermaki
Posted: Friday, July 3, 2009 3:47:15 PM

I like the challenge of trying to beat a GOWK squad. Surely there's a squad that can... Maybe some sort of VONG squad?
Gau
Posted: Friday, July 3, 2009 4:05:33 PM

IG-108 wrote:
Are you really need attention? That's the only reason I see for you posting this. We don't need your kind of crap and insults here.

I would challenge you to pick out a single insult in my post. Thank you for the attention, anyways.

When will the decision be posted?
kenred2
Posted: Friday, July 3, 2009 4:19:05 PM

Next week as stated from Billiv's post..

http://bloomilk.com/Forums/Default.aspx?g=posts&t=1888&p=9
strate_jakit
Posted: Friday, July 3, 2009 5:21:30 PM

wow, some of you people really overreacted to being called "whiners". in fact, i might even say you were whining about it.

on topic, i don't think the ban was necessary. losing gowk didn't destroy or even too greatly hinder the republic, and it's not like nothing was usable before gowk was banned. he was tough but he could be countered. maybe in the future the game will have changed enough to the point of allowing him to be played enough, but until then could everyone just shut up about it.
Doogle126
Posted: Friday, July 3, 2009 6:16:12 PM

Please people, Lets stop throwing around all this. I Knew that GOWk being banned would cause all this. Can't we all get along? Cue into music: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1dYpnd_9TFs