RegisterDonateLogin

So uncivilized.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

CCC week 34 - Baze Malbus Options
donnyrides
Posted: Tuesday, January 3, 2017 8:39:05 AM
Groups: Member

Happy New Year!!! For the first CCC or 2017 I select Baze Malbus the good buddy of our last CCC piece. This should be really fun to see the outcomes. Feel free to incorporate anything you find useful from our Imwe pieces either your own imwe or somebody elses. my only request is to specify which one you are referring to in your comments section. For me, I plan to use my Chirrut Imwe version.

Good luck and have some fun!!

...and now the fine print...

Rules

1. The character must be canon and from the chosen faction when required. They can have affinity, but the character must start in the chosen faction.

2. You may update any existing versions you already have and/or create a new one. You may update/create several versions of the character but you must ultimately select 1 you wish to run with. (this must be done by the schedule below)

3. Place a hyperlink in this forum to make it easier to find your character. You can just post the stats or image here but if changes are needed it would be easier (and save space) if you just used a Hyperlink (If you don't know how to post Hyperlinks in a forum setting please ask and we will help you. It's not hard )

4. Voting works as follows, pick your three favorite customs based on accuracy to the character, design, balance or whatever you decide makes the best incarnation of the challenge character. First place receives 3 points, 2nd place receives 2 points, and 3rd place receives 1 point.

6. To make things fair you must vote in order to win the contest. You must choose three characters entered in the contest and you may not rate or vote for your own character.

7.. The winner will be decided by how many points they receive. Ties will be broken by most 1st place votes, then if still tied, 2nd place votes and then 3rd place votes. If still tied, then the outcome is a tie.

8. You may not change or update the entered character AFTER the deadline.

You will have until Sat, Jan 7th, 2016 @8pm EST to get your submissions in. Anything submitted after this point will not be included in the voting.

Voting will start at 8pm on Saturday evening and end at 8pm EST on Monday, Jan 9nd, 2016.

At the conclusion of the voting the scores will be tallied and the winner will start a new topic with his/her choice of theme.
donnyrides
Posted: Tuesday, January 3, 2017 8:41:16 AM

Here is mine and referring to my Imwe

Baze Malbus
General_Grievous
Posted: Tuesday, January 3, 2017 8:43:30 AM

Lafcadio
Posted: Tuesday, January 3, 2017 10:42:19 AM

CorellianComedian
Posted: Tuesday, January 3, 2017 11:08:46 AM

Here's mine: Baze Malbus

Referring to my own Chirrut, of course. I don't have any massive synergy with Chirrut, just a simple take on Baze.
Kamikaze13
Posted: Tuesday, January 3, 2017 12:33:19 PM

Caedus
Posted: Tuesday, January 3, 2017 5:15:15 PM

jen'ari
Posted: Tuesday, January 3, 2017 6:44:57 PM

http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/27207/baze-malbus--rogue

Changed a few things.

I still want to figure out some kind of armor type effect, might make a few points increase.
donnyrides
Posted: Wednesday, January 4, 2017 11:55:16 AM

Surf rider and I have been working on a custom calculator in excel. He obtained it from somebody and I've added some enhancements to it. As more and more abilities come out, they have to be added to the spread sheet, but most times I just find a similar skill and add that. It's still a work in progress but i'd be happy to share it. Does somebody have one of those fancy cloud spaces or somewhere that everybody could get to it? if so, I'll email your the excel if you can post it.
saber1
Posted: Saturday, January 7, 2017 7:28:43 AM

A few last minute tweaks later and boom!

Baze Malbus
General_Grievous
Posted: Saturday, January 7, 2017 11:30:15 AM

[quote=donnyrides]Surf rider and I have been working on a custom calculator in excel. He obtained it from somebody and I've added some enhancements to it. As more and more abilities come out, they have to be added to the spread sheet, but most times I just find a similar skill and add that. It's still a work in progress but i'd be happy to share it. Does somebody have one of those fancy cloud spaces or somewhere that everybody could get to it? if so, I'll email your the excel if you can post it.[/quote

That's pretty sweet! And where is Surf? I know he prefers non-uniques but we need his artistic and creative mind when designing Rogue One!
jen'ari
Posted: Sunday, January 8, 2017 5:42:39 AM

1. donnyrides - I like the dr10, and Imwe loyalty, and high cost, making him the "galactic hero" sort of feel.

2. Saber1 - simple, decent cost, not overpowered, furious assault is great on him

3. Kamikaze13 - the option of suppressive fire is pretty brilliant

donnyrides
Posted: Sunday, January 8, 2017 11:46:33 AM

1st Kam - Unique build and armament is a nice idea.

2nd Jen'ari - would love to play with moving fire and ambush

3rd CC - Guns blazing has a lot of possibilities to it.
saber1
Posted: Sunday, January 8, 2017 4:19:02 PM

THIRD: Kamikaze13
The combo of Extra Attack and Armament make this piece. The rest is just nice icing on the cake (except Synergy, makes his ATK a bit too high).

SECOND: General Grievous
This piece is very nice but overpowered with a potential 40 damage per shot. I like the inability to gain GMA or Mobile. This piece would be spot on if either Protective or Impulsive Reprisal is dropped. Either covers the synergy angle with Chirrut with one giving him more build flexibility.

FIRST: jen'ari
You're Welcome needs to be cleaned up a bit but the mechanic is pretty cool. I really dig Master Shot as well as Moving Fire (especially with Ambush). Some good options here.
General_Grievous
Posted: Sunday, January 8, 2017 8:42:41 PM

3rd Lafcadio, flak shield is a great and fitting defensive ability and cool synergy with your unique take
2nd CC, love the simplicity but potency
1sr Kam, Armament and his abilities with Chirrut are incredible

A lot of really cool incarnations and hard to choose
donnyrides
Posted: Monday, January 9, 2017 5:59:53 AM

sorry to spam in our CCC thread but here is a link to the calculator.

a few things first.
1. I did not build the initial excel, whoever did, deserves a lot of credit but I don't know who it was. Also SurfRider should also be given credit as he is the one who brought this work to my attention.

2. I've added some abilities that didn't exist when it was created and I've added a few more calculations to take into account some combos that are potentially dangerous.

3. I've never shared a link on dropbox before so I'm a bit worried about security. please don't be a d-bag and try to hack my account

4. It is NOT perfect, but it gives you a great starting point for your costing system and you should only use it as a measuring stick. You will still have to use your own expertise of the game to know how your character will interact with others such as making a Rebel piece, knowing it can have evade very easily.

SWM_Character_Custom_Calculator
If that don't work, try this
Minis_Calculator_1-2017_2

If it is well received, I will try to make more updates to it to the best of my ability.
Kamikaze13
Posted: Monday, January 9, 2017 11:44:17 AM

1st: Lafcadio

2nd: CorellianComedian

3rd: General_Grievous

Lots of nice pieces! (Yeah, I know, really surprising RollEyes ) Sorry I didn't help with the feedback though.
Lafcadio
Posted: Monday, January 9, 2017 8:52:24 PM

Good job everyone!! I LIKE THOSE PIECES! Sorry, I don't have time to fully analyze each one this time.

3rd: jen'ari

2nd: Kamikaze13

1st: General_Grievous
donnyrides
Posted: Tuesday, January 10, 2017 5:56:29 AM

Kam wins with 10 pts!! Congrats ThumpUp BlooMilk

Start our next contest Kam!
General_Grievous
Posted: Tuesday, January 10, 2017 6:37:06 AM

Nice job!