RegisterDonateLogin

A glass a day keeps Dr. Evazan away.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

CCC Reboot Week 62 - Jawas! Options
saber1
Posted: Tuesday, July 18, 2017 8:16:00 PM
Groups: Member

This week our mission is to give a boost to Jawas. Creature, vehicle, unique or non...as long as the piece is a Jawa or primarily related to Jawas it should qualify.

Rules

1. The character must be canon (Legends OK) and from the chosen faction when required. They can have affinity, but the character must start in the chosen faction.

2. You may update any existing versions you already have and/or create a new one. You may update/create several versions of the character but you must ultimately select 1 you wish to run with. (this must be done by the schedule below)

3. Place a hyperlink in this forum to make it easier to find your character. You can just post the stats or image here but if changes are needed it would be easier (and save space) if you just used a Hyperlink (If you don't know how to post Hyperlinks in a forum setting please ask and we will help you. It's not hard )

4. Voting works as follows, pick your three favorite customs based on accuracy to the character, design, balance or whatever you decide makes the best incarnation of the challenge character. First place receives 3 points, 2nd place receives 2 points, and 3rd place receives 1 point.

5. You do not have to enter the contest in order to vote. But unless you enter you must have at lest 10 forum posts.

6. To make things fair you must vote in order to win the contest. You must choose three characters entered in the contest and you may not rate or vote for your own character.

7.. The winner will be decided by how many points they receive. Ties will be broken by most 1st place votes, then if still tied, 2nd place votes and then 3rd place votes. If still tied, then the outcome is a tie.

8. You may not change or update the entered character AFTER the deadline.

You will have until Sat, July 22nd, 2017 @8pm EST to get your submissions in. Anything submitted after this point will not be included in the voting.

Voting will start at 8pm on Saturday evening and end at 10pm EST on Monday, July 24th, 2017.
At the conclusion of the voting the scores will be tallied and the winner will start a new topic with his/her choice of theme.
General_Grievous
Posted: Tuesday, July 18, 2017 9:35:55 PM

CorellianComedian
Posted: Tuesday, July 18, 2017 9:51:38 PM

kobayashimaru
Posted: Tuesday, July 18, 2017 11:02:09 PM

intriguing subject.
This week, I submit for your consideration,
phil's masterpiece;

Above: Jawa Chieftain

The Jawa Chieftain gives Jawa allies a fairly awesome CE.
Super-stealth counter-punching Jawas are a droids worst nightmare.
immediate Jawa reserves lower the effective cost to ~14 points, if you take the right jawas.
jak
Posted: Wednesday, July 19, 2017 11:46:26 AM

Deaths_Baine
Posted: Wednesday, July 19, 2017 12:03:52 PM

Lord_Ball
Posted: Wednesday, July 19, 2017 12:37:32 PM

blemelisk
Posted: Wednesday, July 19, 2017 1:00:51 PM

saber1
Posted: Wednesday, July 19, 2017 7:59:39 PM

General Grievous beat me to the punch but I thought I'd post my Sandcrawler anyway.

This guy is my alternate: R'kik D'nec
spryguy1981
Posted: Friday, July 21, 2017 10:47:32 AM

saber1
Posted: Saturday, July 22, 2017 8:12:25 AM

Hmm, which to enter...which to enter...

Well, despite GG already entering a Sandcrawler, I'm going to go with my version instead of R'kik.
saber1
Posted: Saturday, July 22, 2017 12:37:51 PM

@kobayashimaru: The chieftain looks cool. I dig the Reinforcements and super-stealth will keep the buggers alive.
kobayashimaru
Posted: Saturday, July 22, 2017 2:55:19 PM

Thanks Saber1, BigGrin
although, as presently worded (typo/s on my entry not withstanding)
the chieftain would confer superstealth on the Sandcrawler if it has cover! Confused

I can't take sole credit for it, it was a collaborative effort back in 14/15 by a few locals
(and Surf_Rider_56 too, who gave some excellent concrit feedback.)
John, Phil and Leanne did come up with some awesome feedback back then in playtesting;
"if everyone else has superstealth, why don't jawas? didn't they ambush R2D2 in EpIV?"

those jawas sure did, with hilarious plot-driving results. BigGrin
besides, Leanne hates droid squads at local hehehe BigGrin
so, of course she'd like some superstealth'd droid busters.
what do you expect, she's a Vong player from way back, with a penchant for NomBomb squads.

the image itself has that look, it looks proper old-school format sketchy,
and was made by devart awesome sketcher "kogane801"
who approved remixes and statcardification.
unfortunately we can't fit the harvard ref in-situ on the card itself hehe.

Kogane801 was inspired a lot by wars and MenInBlack,
and they've made thousands of sketches that you can combinatorially bash together.
see the Mibit Botanist - that was awesome to find a mibit was practically already sketched.
Kogane makes awesome sketches, and can do vehicles on commission/request,
so that'll be something for the backburner hehe.
if we get to wanting more vehicles in SWMinis, I'll be looking Kogane801 up BlooMilk hehe.
spryguy1981
Posted: Sunday, July 23, 2017 4:30:32 AM

1. Deathsbaine's Shaman
2. Lord Ball's Scoundrel
3. Koba's Chieftan.
kobayashimaru
Posted: Sunday, July 23, 2017 5:04:12 AM

It is voting time again,
and again it is no easy task. there are many awesome Jawa entries this week,
which between the lot of them, would make Jawas a fearsome force for droids to have to reckon with outright.
thank goodness these aren't "real VSETs" hahaha BigGrin
us CIS and droid fans dodged a bullet BlooMilk

I'd prefer to do a tied 1st and 3rd this week,
but, that is evidently not possible, so
I let an american 09 silver dollar "best of three" decide.
(don't worry, she wasn't quite a mint silver dollar hehe,
we'll save numismatics and arguments of tampering with the coin/plastic by volume for another fiat thread and time hehe).
Monty Hall problem and Penrose switching for who was heads and tails. Tails won.
(demarchic stochastikoi for the win).

Without further Ado;

1. GenGriev's Sandcrawler, by half a jawa length. It's got survivability, and is good points for value.
2. Saber1's Sandcrawler. this could be a 'droid swindler'. I would use this against Zann or Paratus mirrors...
3. Death's Baine's Jawa Shaman. That is perfect for a number of scenario recreations. It's a little fragile and frankly, dare I say a little overcosted vs its fragility, which is why it wasn't a three way tie for first and best of 5 coin toss this week! BigGrin
Lord_Ball
Posted: Monday, July 24, 2017 4:18:10 AM

1 CC Merchant
2 Koba Chieftain
3 Spry's Chieftain

Based on my voting I'm thinking Jawa's need a better leader than the Vset offerings
saber1
Posted: Monday, July 24, 2017 8:57:52 AM

Reviews...

General Grievous: Very cool Jawa vehicle with tons of Jawa/Droid synergy and RESERVES!!! In a 200 point squad the cost of this piece should prevent too much reserve stacking, though I've heard rumors of a forthcoming piece that nerfs reserves. Crying

CorellianComedian: Your merchant is simple and inexpensive which could land it in a slew of squads. Disruptor Supplies is very interesting.

kobayashimaru: I like the reinforcements as it fits a Chieftain. The CE, however, is the real eye-catcher. Super Stealth Jawas for the win!

jak: Your Technician is pretty straightforward, simple and effective. While I love the CE, it really ought to be limited to nonuniques.

Deaths Baine: The Shaman looks pretty good. The level of Droid Scrapper has yet to be confirmed. Regardless, it is a useful and thematic choice. The Force powers are very good for a Fringe piece but you only get 1 use of either with Self-Reliant in the way.

Lord Ball: Scoundrel indeed! Everything looks like standard Jawa fare, but Restraining Bolt is very cool.

blemelisk: Some fun manipulation tech here (which seems odd for a Jawa but not beyond the realm of possibility). Jawa Trade Talk could use some cleaning up. I'm not sure about the CE as the Tuskens preyed on Jawas with very few exceptions in their history. It does open up some interesting interactions in-game, though.

spryguy1981: I'm glad to see a unique Jawa and Kalit is a cool choice. Hutt Cartel and Camaraderie are good selections. Did you play SWCCG? Useful CE. He doesn't so much add to the Jawa sub-faction as move the sub-faction to another existing one.

Votes...

THIRD: CorellianComedian's Jawa Merchant
SECOND: kobayashimaru's Jawa Chieftan
FIRST: General Grievous' Jawa Sandcrawler
General_Grievous
Posted: Monday, July 24, 2017 10:31:56 AM

CC, simple, fits the jawa merchant theme and is also a really fitting merchant that probably should have been the first ever merchant because they are literally the first merchants we saw on screen. Also merchant.

Koba, phenomenal boost to Jawas and closed ranks is needed because I would definitely bring as many as I could of these guys.

Jak you know the key to my heart is boosting droids and especially huges. This is the droid booster we needed. Though I think you need the "droid are subject to these effects" part

Deaths_Baine, interesting tech piece that I could see fitting quite well into a Lobot toolbox

Lord Ball you created a cool niche role for this Jawa and it both helps and hurts Droids in a classic Jawa fashion, great job

Blemelisk, quite the potent Jawa and easily the strongest out of all of our designs. Not sure about the disruptive (since at 30 points he could be brought in by Jabba). Also probably would have changed the Jawa trade language a bit like I posted for simplicities sake but interesting Jawa/Tusken mechanic Tatooine alliance you have going on here.

Saber1, I don't appreciate my Grievous's getting vacuumed into your Sandcrawler hahaha. But you created a fantastic colossal piece that I could have seen fitting in with a theme pack AT-AT style release back in the heyday of WOTC. Great stuff.

Spry, hilarious piece, I love the idea of a bunch of tiny Jawas as bodyguard enforcers for the hutts hahaha.

Hard one to choose this time but in the end going with:

3rd Saber1, the sandcrawler is so iconic and you really did a great job on it thematically.
2nd Koba, this is the Jawa piece they need to be fully competitive. Excellent stuff
1st Jak, I really appreciate the boost to huges that only the genius of the Jawas could pull off, very techy as it should be

But honestly awesome work all around, all of these piece could and probably should exist one day for Jawa boosting and thematic fun
General_Grievous
Posted: Monday, July 24, 2017 3:30:22 PM

Bump to get your votes in guys
blemelisk
Posted: Monday, July 24, 2017 4:26:09 PM

1:GG
2:CC
3: Spry

forgive me I cant go on into more detail, I have to prepare for a new job.