RegisterDonateLogin

Has been known to rip people's arms out of their sockets.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

CCC Reboot Week 64 - Who am I? Options
surf_rider56
Posted: Tuesday, August 1, 2017 7:08:06 AM
Groups: Member

Ok, so, this week, you can tell me who this is. Let's make it a non-unique and under 20 please. Otherwise, have at it people. Good Luck.

1. The character must be canon (Legends OK) and from the chosen faction when required. They can have affinity, but the character must start in the chosen faction.

2. You may update any existing versions you already have and/or create a new one. You may update/create several versions of the character but you must ultimately select 1 you wish to run with. (this must be done by the schedule below)

3. Place a hyperlink in this forum to make it easier to find your character. You can just post the stats or image here but if changes are needed it would be easier (and save space) if you just used a Hyperlink (If you don't know how to post Hyperlinks in a forum setting please ask and we will help you. It's not hard )

4. Voting works as follows, pick your three favorite customs based on accuracy to the character, design, balance or whatever you decide makes the best incarnation of the challenge character. First place receives 3 points, 2nd place receives 2 points, and 3rd place receives 1 point.

5. You do not have to enter the contest in order to vote. But unless you enter you must have at lest 10 forum posts.

6. To make things fair you must vote in order to win the contest. You must choose three characters entered in the contest and you may not rate or vote for your own character.

7. The winner will be decided by how many points they receive. Ties will be broken by most 1st place votes, then if still tied, 2nd place votes and then 3rd place votes. If still tied, then the outcome is a tie.

8. You may not change or update the entered character AFTER the deadline.

You will have until Sat, August 5th, 2017 @8pm EST to get your submissions in. Anything submitted after this point will not be included in the voting.

Voting will start at 8pm on Saturday evening and end at 10pm EST on Monday, August 7th, 2017.
At the conclusion of the voting the scores will be tallied and the winner will start a new topic with his/her choice of theme.
Lord_Ball
Posted: Tuesday, August 1, 2017 8:15:23 AM

With that receding hairline she must be a...
Falleen Pirate
jak
Posted: Wednesday, August 2, 2017 6:02:11 AM

General_Grievous
Posted: Wednesday, August 2, 2017 7:36:08 AM

spryguy1981
Posted: Wednesday, August 2, 2017 7:52:32 AM

surf_rider56
Posted: Wednesday, August 2, 2017 9:19:35 AM

Interesting that GG and spry have both made her Hapan ....... Smile

Edit ... now that I think about it, its also very coincidental that I was just looking at my 6-7 Hapan pieces, including my own Tenal Ka and thinking I may redo them; and 3 days later here you two are ....
surf_rider56
Posted: Wednesday, August 2, 2017 7:18:48 PM

Well frankly I've been waaay busier than I thought this last week, but I realized since I'm having a root canal tomorrow I may never get to upload this so here he is.

Shadowport Cantina Owner One of my never ending sub-faction girls; She' in my Cantina And my Shadowport sub-factions. She's got some neat abilities and its a good thing she'd have bodyguards because she wouldn't last long.

Interesting takes some of you had already, Falleen? Clawdite? I guess pirate fits since he's in a Shadowport.

Cheers,

surf
General_Grievous
Posted: Wednesday, August 2, 2017 10:04:32 PM

Nice surf! Didn't you say non-unique only though? Haha. And also I would consider changing the wording on take it outside to specifically word it to SWM terms like "non-unique enemy characters may only make one attack and lose twin attack while within six squares of this character" unless you don't want it to apply to twin in which case take that part out. And I run a fair cantina is just disruptive isn't it?
surf_rider56
Posted: Thursday, August 3, 2017 8:12:56 AM

General_Grievous wrote:
Nice surf! Didn't you say non-unique only though? Haha. And also I would consider changing the wording on take it outside to specifically word it to SWM terms like "non-unique enemy characters may only make one attack and lose twin attack while within six squares of this character" unless you don't want it to apply to twin in which case take that part out. And I run a fair cantina is just disruptive isn't it?

It's what I get for using something from the files; Its four years old & forgot to edit out unique.

Take It Outside means exactly that, no double, triple, twin, extra attacks; you get your one shot, period.

Fair Cantina got save 11 accidently cut off; its "fair" because you get to roll for using your CE's ... or not.
jen'ari
Posted: Thursday, August 3, 2017 5:26:05 PM

jen'ari
Posted: Sunday, August 6, 2017 3:23:41 PM

1. Spryguy 20 point lobot piece could be fun. Bodyguard but with a bit of a punch is an upgrade from ponda in some ways, although a few more expensive.

2. Lord ball. Cool use of granting opportunist. Makes the opponent think a tad.

3. General grievous. 5 point distraction. Would run it with salacious to get two distraction pieces and make the opponent water offense on them
Lord_Ball
Posted: Monday, August 7, 2017 4:15:04 AM

1 jen'ari
11 points for a minimal damage dealer that offers a chance to mess up your opponents plan - sounds like a scoundrel to me!

2 spry
a bodyguard piece I could see having lots of table time!

this is a tough one, I guess I'll throw my third vote for
3 jak
shape change would definitely need testing, overall a strong and useful character, that aside from possibly shape change, doesn't seem too overpowering.
General_Grievous
Posted: Monday, August 7, 2017 8:03:20 AM

Don't have time for a full breakdown but I think I commented on most:

3rd Surf, still not sure on the wording but really cool cheap commander sub-faction piece.

2nd Jen'ari, awesome stuff here and my only concern is aggressive negotiations with the cheap cost but I still think she is balanced and very fun.

1st Spry, I think we mind-linked on the Hapan idea and you went for a solid shooter bodyguard that fits well in the existing sub-faction

Solid job all!
spryguy1981
Posted: Monday, August 7, 2017 11:05:02 AM

1st Jen'ari, I like the idea behind the piece and it's very thematic
2nd GG, I like our like-mindedness and always appreciate a good 5pt piece
3rd Lord Ball
saber1
Posted: Monday, August 7, 2017 11:55:58 AM

THIRD: jak
SECOND: GG
FIRST: Spry
surf_rider56
Posted: Monday, August 7, 2017 3:13:13 PM

Human Scoundrel - jen'ari. Interesting idea, I would have made it 13 but hard to gauge Charm; its damage level may be mitigated by the fact that she'd never survive trying to advance on a board unless you screen her with more temping targets. Interesting idea though.

Hapan Royal Protector - spry. Interesting, but it seems to me she may not survive to get to the adjacent attack position she needs. Being a Bodyguard with 15 Defense and only 50 HP actually seems counterproductive to a melee character, and frankly shouldn't she have been melee? If nothing else it would've reduced her cost by 3. Like me some Hapans anyway though.

Hapan Pirate - GG. Costed right but I don't see how you can use them with Allana. I think Throne DOES negate her Blindness and kind of negates her coming in as the 5pt piece. Still, an interesting idea; My question would be, Allana aside, is she helping enemies more than helping her own side? +4 Attack isn't much against a +8 Defense, deadeye or not.

Clawdire Assassin - jak. Closer to 29 pts than 20 (you'd have to lose 2 abilities to get it down to 20.) Still, thats an awful powerful piece Twin attacks at +14 and +30 damage and in the right circumstance, Double Claw? Independent makes it immune to CE's but it could get something from possible or future Camaraderie, Rapport, Synergy ... its a bit much ,,, and I haven't even touched Shape Change.

Falleen Pirate - LB. Closer to 25 than 17 pts. Its an interesting piece. Retaliate is almost auto in that of course you want her to attack at Twin +10/20 + whatever else she can scounge up.

Voting time.

I like the idea of the Clawdite, but I'd have elt better if the character wasn't so high powered And non-unique. High powered Unique, sure ... but the contest is for 20 and under. Sorry jak.

The Falleen is just a tad too high pwered in IMO overcosted. Again, sorry LB

What to do ........ too close to call .....

3rd - GG

2nd - spry

1st Jen'ari
surf_rider56
Posted: Monday, August 7, 2017 6:02:20 PM

I hate being the one who "decides" who wins, but apparently jen'ari has 11 to spry's 10 & I Really wanted to declare it a tie, frankly, but that would've been the chickens@%t way to vote. So with deep apoligies to spry, congrats jen'ari.
jen'ari
Posted: Monday, August 7, 2017 6:08:20 PM

I think spryguy has 13
spryguy1981
Posted: Monday, August 7, 2017 6:08:39 PM

I'm coming up with 13 for myself.

jen'ari
Posted: Monday, August 7, 2017 6:10:32 PM

Ya spry.
But really you should just do sith Vader. Everything should be focused on sith Vader until it is designed and designed well for standard game