RegisterDonateLogin

The perfect complement to Wookiee Cookiees.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

CCC Reboot Week 65 Non-Uniques helping Uniques Options
spryguy1981
Posted: Tuesday, August 8, 2017 3:43:42 AM
Groups: Member

So the challenge for this week is to create a non-unique piece that specifically helps a unique piece or group/faction of unique pieces. Some of the V-Set pieces we've been given that do this are the Yuuzhan Vong Consul, or the Paratrooper coming in V-14. I want to see what you guys can think of that help make more unique-based squads see table time.

1. The character must be canon (Legends OK) and from the chosen faction when required. They can have affinity, but the character must start in the chosen faction.

2. You may update any existing versions you already have and/or create a new one. You may update/create several versions of the character but you must ultimately select 1 you wish to run with. (this must be done by the schedule below)

3. Place a hyperlink in this forum to make it easier to find your character. You can just post the stats or image here but if changes are needed it would be easier (and save space) if you just used a Hyperlink (If you don't know how to post Hyperlinks in a forum setting please ask and we will help you. It's not hard )

4. Voting works as follows, pick your three favorite customs based on accuracy to the character, design, balance or whatever you decide makes the best incarnation of the challenge character. First place receives 3 points, 2nd place receives 2 points, and 3rd place receives 1 point.

5. You do not have to enter the contest in order to vote. But unless you enter you must have at lest 10 forum posts.

6. To make things fair you must vote in order to win the contest. You must choose three characters entered in the contest and you may not rate or vote for your own character.

7. The winner will be decided by how many points they receive. Ties will be broken by most 1st place votes, then if still tied, 2nd place votes and then 3rd place votes. If still tied, then the outcome is a tie.

8. You may not change or update the entered character AFTER the deadline.

You will have until Sat, August 12th, 2017 @8pm EST to get your submissions in. Anything submitted after this point will not be included in the voting.

Voting will start at 8pm on Saturday evening and end at 10pm EST on Monday, August 14th, 2017.
At the conclusion of the voting the scores will be tallied and the winner will start a new topic with his/her choice of theme.
General_Grievous
Posted: Tuesday, August 8, 2017 6:46:46 AM

I really want to reenter my central control computer to help Separatist unique commanders but here is another twist on that theme

http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/28203/super-tactical-droid
jen'ari
Posted: Tuesday, August 8, 2017 7:05:44 AM

http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/28202/jedi-saber

Thinking of yaddle an general Skywalker here
spryguy1981
Posted: Tuesday, August 8, 2017 1:51:28 PM

Lord_Ball
Posted: Tuesday, August 8, 2017 2:42:08 PM

Not sold on this entry, so we'll see if I can think up something better
Bounty Hunter Guildmaster
saber1
Posted: Wednesday, August 9, 2017 8:10:01 PM

Antarian Ranger Infiltrator

Constructive feedback is appreciated.
SithBot
Posted: Thursday, August 10, 2017 7:56:18 PM

jen'ari
Posted: Sunday, August 13, 2017 7:49:16 AM

1. Saber1 manual override and recon is fun stuff. ce fits well, like it

2. Sithbot Grievous hasnt been seen around much, might make him see the board

3. Lord ball i love base 30 on this guy. the ce is fun
SithBot
Posted: Sunday, August 13, 2017 10:29:29 AM

1. General Grievous with Super Tactical Droid. Tactician +6 is good to have and maybe people think about it instead of forcing MTB. giving Grievous Disciplined Leader is a good thing as well.

2. Jen'ari with Jedi Saber Might have put you at 1 if you did not give him evade, since the piece is built to use with Yaddle who grants Shien.

3. Saber1 with Antarian Ranger Infiltrator. well balanced piece for the 1/8 of the squad cost.
General_Grievous
Posted: Sunday, August 13, 2017 7:01:23 PM

Jen'ari, love the simple boost which will help else close the distance, and/or make him a commander and boost up his allies, does two things and does them well.

Spry, quite a potent boost for all unique OR force users, may be too much when combined with Valenthyne and Bastilla but definitely helps uniques.

Lord Ball, a fun fitting entry but still seems more like the opposite of this week's challenge as he allows extra attacks after taking out a unique. But like I said a fun idea

Saber, I really like what you did with this guy and only critique is maybe tweaking him to only help unique ally with force rating and lightsaber. Also might as well stop putting recon on pieces now hahaha, just kidding won't start that again. But neat idea!

Sithbot, you know the way to my heart. A solid 11 from me hahaha. Alright personal bias aside, this guy is simple, helpful, Geonosian for synergy, and excellently designed piece perfect in its execution. Interestingly he especially helps out original Clone Strike Grievous the most giving him Jolt as well as the boost, and that Grievous needs the help! Fantastic work

3rd, Saber
2nd Jen'ari
1st Sithbot

Also Surf this was your jam man, non-unique and everything. Am I the only one that really likes seeing his card art? Miss those these days.
surf_rider56
Posted: Sunday, August 13, 2017 7:12:30 PM

General_Grievous wrote:

Also Surf this was your jam man, non-unique and everything. Am I the only one that really likes seeing his card art? Miss those these days.

Ahhh... but the rules said "create a non-unique piece that specifically helps a unique piece or group/faction"

The word Unique turns me off ... mostly RollEyes

Besides, I just finished the Battlefront II: Inferno Squad book and I was working on Partisan/Rebel characters from Rogue One .... and actually they were the minor Unique characters ..... I may even drop 5-6 of the cards this week.

PS - No, Koba likes the cards, plus a few hundred Silent lookie lou's in Europe and elsewhere .... Cool
General_Grievous
Posted: Sunday, August 13, 2017 7:43:12 PM

You are the silent artist of Bloo hahaha. And that's fair! Keep them coming!
Lord_Ball
Posted: Monday, August 14, 2017 4:02:02 AM

1 Sithbot
2 saber1
3 GG
saber1
Posted: Monday, August 14, 2017 8:48:27 AM

THIRD: SithBot
SECOND: GG
FIRST: Lord Ball
spryguy1981
Posted: Monday, August 14, 2017 3:52:38 PM

1. GG
2. LB
3. Saber1
General_Grievous
Posted: Monday, August 14, 2017 7:22:03 PM

Well that was a surprise, Sithbot and I tied, we will coordinate and come up with a new weekly challenge. Great stuff everyone!