RegisterDonateLogin

So uncivilized.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

CCC Week 77 - Fallen, Redeemed, or the Grey in Between Options
swinefeld
Posted: Tuesday, October 31, 2017 4:09:23 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

Alrighty then: Here is your mission, should you choose to accept it. (waves hand) "You will accept the mission."

Make a character, gone bad, reformed, or just flirting on the edge of either. As much as the thread subtitle seems to indicate Force users, it's not a requirement. I hope that leaves you enough room to work with. Wink As loose as this topic is, posting a comment on your character about what you're trying to represent would be helpful for more obscure characters.

Have fun!

The fine print... wrote:
1. You may update any existing versions you already have and/or create a new one. You may update/create several versions of the character but you must ultimately select 1 you wish to run with. (this must be done by the schedule below)

2. Place a hyperlink in this forum to make it easier to find your character. You can just post the stats or image here but if changes are needed it would be easier (and save space) if you just used a Hyperlink (If you don't know how to post Hyperlinks in a forum setting please ask and we will help you. It's not hard )

3. Voting works as follows, pick your three favorite customs based on accuracy to the character, design, balance or whatever you decide makes the best incarnation of the challenge character. First place receives 3 points, 2nd place receives 2 points, and 3rd place receives 1 point.

4. You do not have to enter the contest in order to vote. But unless you enter you must have at lest 10 forum posts.

5. To make things fair you must vote in order to win the contest. You must choose three characters entered in the contest and you may not rate or vote for your own character.

6. The winner will be decided by how many points they receive. Ties will be broken by most 1st place votes, then if still tied, 2nd place votes and then 3rd place votes. If still tied, then the outcome is a tie.

7. You may not change or update the entered character AFTER the deadline.

You will have until Sat, November 4th, 2017 @8pm EST to get your submissions in. Anything submitted after this point will not be included in the voting.

ii
Voting will start at 8pm on Saturday evening and end at 10pm EST on Monday, November 6th ,2017.
At the conclusion of the voting the scores will be tallied and the winner will start a new topic with their choice of theme.
swinefeld
Posted: Tuesday, October 31, 2017 5:51:37 PM

I should add: "Fallen" and "Redeemed" are totally subjective, depending on your own natural affinities. Sneaky
blemelisk
Posted: Tuesday, October 31, 2017 6:33:55 PM
Groups: Member

Will it need to be a character that falls etc in 'official' story wise (whether or not it is Canon)? (in other words, there is a comic, video game, book etc etc that this occurs in, or we make up our own fallen version of the character, say a sith version of yoda)?

Just want to clarify Cool
surf_rider56
Posted: Tuesday, October 31, 2017 8:09:41 PM

swinefeld wrote:
I should add: "Fallen" and "Redeemed" are totally subjective, depending on your own natural affinities. Sneaky

There are a fair number of obvious choices; should be interesting to see how many really unique characters everyone comes up Cool
swinefeld
Posted: Tuesday, October 31, 2017 8:15:41 PM

blemelisk wrote:
Will it need to be a character that falls etc in 'official' story wise (whether or not it is Canon)? (in other words, there is a comic, video game, book etc etc that this occurs in, or we make up our own fallen version of the character, say a sith version of yoda)?

Just want to clarify Cool

Eh, this is supposed to be fun, so I'll say let the Force be your creative guide, but if you're making it up out of whole cloth (or, say from an RPG character) give us enough backstory to make a fair assessment, and try to make it a balanced, playable piece (even if BHC level). Others should judge as they see fit, so proceed at your own risk, lol. Smile

swinefeld
Posted: Tuesday, October 31, 2017 8:27:19 PM

surf_rider56 wrote:
swinefeld wrote:

There are a fair number of obvious choices; should be interesting to see how many really unique characters everyone comes up Cool

I'm hoping I'll get to meet some interesting characters. I'm quite likely one of the most EU lore-deficient members of this site, ironic as that might seem. RollEyes
General_Grievous
Posted: Wednesday, November 1, 2017 6:15:41 AM

I'll bite, let's get this week started with the very first ever Jedi to fall to the dark side. XoXaan was part of the very first Jedi that walked away from the order and started the Sith. She was known as a master of Dark Side healing and she stored her secrets on a holocron that Ashared Hett (A.K.A future Darth Krayt) discovered and was a major part of what caused him to finally fall and embrace the dark side.

http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/28410/xoxaan
jen'ari
Posted: Wednesday, November 1, 2017 8:21:26 AM

I am choosing Ulic Qel-Droma.

http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/24489/ulic-qel-droma--redeemed

He fell to the dark side and became a powerful Sith Lord who defeated Mandalore in one on one combat and than he killed his brother Cay (check out Cay's legacy) and Nomi severed the force from him and he lived in on Rhen Var (if memory serves correct) and Vima Sunrider (Nomi's daughter) went to him to be trained. He was redeemed and did not kill a jedi who came to kill him, instead deferring to just blocking attacks. After he died he did become a light side Force Spirit (once again if memory serves correct)

I need to ensure that having force spirit does not allow him the benefits of "having a force rating"
swinefeld
Posted: Wednesday, November 1, 2017 10:19:47 AM

jen'ari wrote:

I need to ensure that having force spirit does not ally him the benefits of "having a force rating"

It's rather poorly documented, but as I understand it, that is correct. A character must have Force X to be considered as having a Force rating. Light Tutor is an example - it grants Force 1 if the recipient does not already have Force X, and it is then considered to have a Force rating.

A character can have a Force power (FR1) and Force points to spend, but still not have a Force rating (see Holosid)
surf_rider56
Posted: Wednesday, November 1, 2017 11:31:54 AM

Are An'ya Kuro and/or Valara Saar considered Grey Jedi?
blemelisk
Posted: Wednesday, November 1, 2017 2:39:22 PM

jen'ari wrote:

He fell to the dark side and became a powerful Sith Lord who defeated Mandalore in one on one combat and than he killed his brother Cay (check out Cay's legacy) and Nomi severed the force from him and he lived in on Rhen Var (if memory serves correct) and Vima Sunrider (Nomi's daughter) went to him to be trained. He was redeemed and did not kill a jedi who came to kill him, instead deferring to just blocking attacks. After he died he did become a light side Force Spirit (once again if memory serves correct)

I need to ensure that having force spirit does not allow him the benefits of "having a force rating"

Im so happy you did this one. I had an idea for it but I dont think anyone would like to use it in game. My concept was since he was severed from the force that he would become a broken man. withered and fragile. A shell of a man, living only by the most basic meaning of the definition. Dont forget what Yoda said (" Life creates it, makes it grow. Its energy surrounds us and binds us. Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter. You must feel the Force around you; here, between you, me, the tree, the rock, everywhere, yes. Even between the land and the ship. "-Yoda) and the fact that the Force was manipulated to create life (Anakin), that being severed from it would be the most devastating thing you could do to a life form, much less a force sensitive life form. IIRC in the books and comics this punishment was woefully controversial.

Thus it is my theory that he would be woefully weakened by this punishment. (even if we do see him in one last graphic novel, it is my theory that over time, he would have weakened.)

I was going to make him something like:
cost: ?
HP: 10
Defense: 15
Attack: 5
Damage: 20

SA1: ability that he deteriorates to a minimum level, for defense and attack, also his speed over time goes down to speed 2.
SA2: melee
SA3: Unique
SA4: im not sure, something that would actually give you a reason to use him, as after a few turns he would be less than a 3 point ewok.

Im happy you created one as this brings up this great question. From all that we know of the Force and its effect on life (and life's effect on it) what would happen to someone that is severed from the force? Non force sensitive or force sensitive. (obviously the latter the effect(s) would likely be stronger or come on faster).

Ive been thinking of doing Borsk Fey'lya (which would be difficult) or Quinlan Vos, not sure yet.
jen'ari
Posted: Wednesday, November 1, 2017 4:31:42 PM

Interesting for sure, We do have more data on Ulic to go on after he was severed. Even with the force severed he was still better than jedi knight level with a saber and even taught Nomi Sunrider's daughter ways of the jedi and of the saber.
He found other means to meditate and things.
I think the better question is what does severed from the force actually mean?

I think it is a One way street. Ulic is severed from the force, but the force is not severed from Ulic.

Ulic can not draw on the energy around him, but the energy around him can still influence Ulic.

Becoming more of a "monk" type individual. Spiritual in nature.

He was seemingly broken in spirit but Vima Sunrider brought him back to a form of his old self. There is the element of others and their influence on the Force as well. Relationships do seem to have an influence on what the Force does.
Caedus
Posted: Wednesday, November 1, 2017 6:39:18 PM

http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/28413/komari-vosa

Mine, because the WotC Komari is useless and horribly over costed
swinefeld
Posted: Wednesday, November 1, 2017 8:11:53 PM

surf_rider56 wrote:
Are An'ya Kuro and/or Valara Saar considered Grey Jedi?

I don't know the answer to your question, but if you can "sell" it, feel free to go for it. Smile

Aside to the group:

Quote:
As much as the thread subtitle seems to indicate Force users, it's not a requirement.

Defectors, reformed or not. Sketchy characters playing both sides... all viable choices.
surf_rider56
Posted: Thursday, November 2, 2017 6:35:06 AM

So, as usual, I'm stuck on who. I actually had Four at one point, but I didn't like the answer on whether Valara Saar or the An'ya Kuo were Gray enough, so I've gone with these two.

Maris Brood, Fugitive Padawan This Maris Brood after she's been found and worked with Shaak Ti, before Starkiller made his appearence. Quite the nervous Nellie.

Sora Bulq, Tempted to the Dark Side This is Sora Bulq, just as Dooku is converting him, depressed about the losses at Geonosis and vulnerable.

Hopefully, I think of something before the deadline.

Cheers,

surf
General_Grievous
Posted: Thursday, November 2, 2017 7:22:04 AM

Out of the two Surf I think your Sora is more refined and tempted to the dark side is a really interesting ability that could be used on future Anakin/Luke/Ben Solo. Obviously with name changes for who triggers it. My vote is for him. Maris is also interesting but she is pretty wordy ability-wise with three brand new abilities.
Lord_Ball
Posted: Thursday, November 2, 2017 8:07:51 AM

looking to try something different this week, since it's definitely targetted as Force user heavy (but not required)

Faro Argyus

I would say he is part of the "fallen" category as he comes from a long line of loyal soldiers so obviously his betrayal is one of the most surprising for the Republic.
HovaUseless
Posted: Thursday, November 2, 2017 9:46:23 AM

I think Ezra from Rebels is grey enough to be in this contest. So i have made this draft. I would like some feedback pls, extra on Beast Trick and Weather or not he is using Ataru or not.

Bloo Link: http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/28418/ezra-bridger

Edit: This is post Maul/Sith Holocron time

2nd Edit: made some changes

General_Grievous
Posted: Thursday, November 2, 2017 10:10:52 AM

Excellent Ezra! Really like that you have Dominate on there. Also I would have thought Soresu instead of Ataru (Obi-Wan's holocron) or maybe Juyo (Darth Maul haha) but that's just off the top of my head and maybe someone else knows better. What I would change is altering Beast trick. As is it's basically a force ability so I would add that descriptor to it, something else you could consider is making it not replace attacks and instead "usable on this character's turn" cost one force point, this way it's more thematic of him using it on a particular beast or situation rather than just a blanket effect that hurts all savage. But great stuff. And I wonder the rules implications of beast trick versus indiscriminate? Swine can you help here?
swinefeld
Posted: Thursday, November 2, 2017 11:50:46 AM

General_Grievous wrote:
...I wonder the rules implications of beast trick versus indiscriminate? Swine can you help here?

As BT is currently worded, Indiscriminate would get around it.