RegisterDonateLogin

It's not wise to upset Bloo Milk.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

CCC Week 100! (New Movement Breakers) Options
Oakel
Posted: Tuesday, April 10, 2018 8:39:27 PM
Groups: Member

Wow guys, I can't believe it's been 100 weeks already. I feels like I only joined last week! ;)

Swap, Charging Assault, Levitation, Lift, Strafe... it seems these abilities have dominated gameplay (And greatly impacted V-set design), all due to how they circumvent the usual limitations of movement.
In continuing the spirit of power creep, I want to see more mobility options! Because the more mobility, each of the previously mentioned abilities with be relatively less important.
"And when everyone is super... no one will be." - Syndrome, The Incredibles
Muahaha.

Showcase a character with an ability (yes, FP too) or CE that breaks movement in a new way, or allows new mobility-based tactics in gameplay. Provide a sentences or two about how you would see it used and how it could impact gameplay.

Judging criteria should consider the potential impact to balance and the meta, the thematic agreement between the ability and the character, and the synergy that the character/ability would have with current characters.

To the details:
1. You may update any existing versions you already have and/or create a new one. You may update/create several versions of the character but you must ultimately select 1 you wish to run with. (this must be done by the schedule below)

2. Place a hyperlink in this forum to make it easier to find your character. You can just post the stats or image here but if changes are needed it would be easier (and save space) if you just used a Hyperlink (If you don't know how to post Hyperlinks in a forum setting please ask and we will help you. It's not hard )

3. Voting works as follows, pick your three favorite customs based on accuracy to the character, design, balance or whatever you decide makes the best incarnation of the challenge character. First place receives 3 points, 2nd place receives 2 points, and 3rd place receives 1 point.

4. You do not have to enter the contest in order to vote. But unless you enter you must have at least 10 forum posts.

5. To make things fair you must vote in order to win the contest. Try to give feedback if possible to help designers out. You must choose three characters entered in the contest and you may not rate or vote for your own character.

6. The winner will be decided by how many points they receive. Ties will be broken by most 1st place votes, then if still tied, 2nd place votes and then 3rd place votes. If still tied, then the outcome is a tie.

7. You may not change or update the entered character AFTER the deadline.

You will have until Sat, April 14th, 2018 @8pm EST to get your submissions in. Anything submitted after this point will not be included in the voting.

Voting will start at 8pm on Saturday evening and end at 11pm EST on Monday, April 16th, 2018.
At the conclusion of the voting the scores will be tallied and the winner will start a new topic with their choice of theme.

I'm looking forward to all your ideas!
CorranHornsux123
Posted: Tuesday, April 10, 2018 9:02:52 PM

Here is my entry rout counts for movement breaker right? Lol

http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/15064/davik-kang--taris-crime-lord
Oakel
Posted: Tuesday, April 10, 2018 9:17:23 PM

I think that is a viable submission, but I would want the focus to be on how rout synergizes with another part of the kit, or the people he would be built with. Otherwise I want to see custom abilities or new ability combinations that creates additional movement changes to the game.

Here is an example of one of my potential submissions, and what I was thinking:
Akk Dog
gandalfthegreatestwizard
Posted: Tuesday, April 10, 2018 11:08:11 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/32028/borsk-feylya--politician

Yes, the V-sets have already made a Borsk, but that character seems to mainly represent him at the time of his death, blowing up the Vong (especially since he's called "Chief of State). This guy is Borsk before his rise to supremacy in the New Republic. His movement breaker is very much a double-edged sword.
Lord_Ball
Posted: Wednesday, April 11, 2018 4:58:05 AM

As much as I would like to re-enter my Womp Rat

For now I have decided to go in a different direction.
Nute Gunray in Mechno-chair

Nute may not be a very effective leader, but he didn't really do a whole lot of commanding living characters so why do his incarnation punish those likely to ignore (unless they too are neimoidian) his stupidity? Maul/Grievous aren't going to slow down, just because Nute is nearby - they are going to kick some serious butt regardless... So with that said, I bring forth a step towards his and the true Separatist calling - Droid Swarms!
surf_rider56
Posted: Wednesday, April 11, 2018 6:18:10 AM

I don't believe in trying to reinvent the wheel, which ultimately is what this CCC, to me, is asking. Lots of different ways to make people stop/slow down and I think the most viable have already been done (or shot down because its too much of whatever.) Instead, I thought about what Factions have the best Breakers; Imps, Rebels (Surprise, the two most powerful factions) with everybody following in some order.

Now, if you Have to have something original, I can dig around in the archives for something else, but for whatever reason, when you said "Movement Breaker" I immediately thought of this guy ....

Mandalorian Loremaster

I made him around 5 years ago. The Mando's from the OR era were really into their lore regarding how to actually Be a Mandalorian; and if anyone would have that kind of power (other than a Mandalore and don't we already have too many of them?) I figured it'd be this guy .... and yes, his CE is just Dodonna's CE, but I figured a military faction should be perfect for dictating How a battle would proceed.

Cheers,

surf
Lord_Ball
Posted: Wednesday, April 11, 2018 6:33:59 AM

Oakel wrote:
Here is an example of one of my potential submissions, and what I was thinking:
Akk Dog

??? (I think you may have it set to private)
jen'ari
Posted: Wednesday, April 11, 2018 8:11:23 AM

http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/32030/general-hoth

Hoth has 2 movement breaker opportunities.

The first is that he gives Army of Light Ambush.

The second is that at the end of his turn allies within 6 can move up to 3. Allies within 2 get the +2 attack and +2 defense bonus. So I thought it was kind of cool. Does make a different look than a Farfalla build, but can still be played with Bastila for the damage boost.
Oakel
Posted: Wednesday, April 11, 2018 8:39:26 AM

I've updated the Akk dog to be public.

I would say Gandalf and LB have nailed what I was looking for with Political Maneuvering/Harmful Ambition and Droid March - alternative movement options that have not been seen before and interesting gameplay interactions.

Here are more ideas, more meant to display potential abilities than to be in the competition. I welcome anyone to take the abilities/CE and use them as a basis for another character or ability.

Warlord Nuso Esva

Mandalorian Drop Trooper
EmporerDragon
Posted: Wednesday, April 11, 2018 4:47:51 PM

Decided to use the main Imperial character from The Truce at Bakura as my idea for a movement breaker:

http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/32037/imperial-governor-nereus

Though he certainly makes a double-edged sword to play with as both you and your opponent can take advantage of his movement breaking ability.
shmi15
Posted: Wednesday, April 11, 2018 5:54:26 PM

I may end up changing who this person is, and maybe even what faction.. But I will probably use Cover Fire as my "ability". Right now this is all I can think of, but I may change it to fit some other sub faction.

http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/32038/scariff-veteran

would've helped if I put the link in here for the guyLOL !
General_Grievous
Posted: Thursday, April 12, 2018 6:59:03 AM

Cool idea! Here is my idea to help the characters most in need of a movement breaker, huge droids:

http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/32039/siege-warfare-battle-droid

It allows them to thematically break though doors and then respond to hits with aggressive advances and shots.
Caedus
Posted: Thursday, April 12, 2018 7:43:19 AM

CorranHornsux123
Posted: Sunday, April 15, 2018 8:39:35 AM

1. Surf
2. Jen
3. Caedus
shmi15
Posted: Sunday, April 15, 2018 9:09:02 AM

1 Jen
2 GG
3Caedus
jen'ari
Posted: Sunday, April 15, 2018 6:16:33 PM

1. Lordball
2. GG
3. Caedus
Lord_Ball
Posted: Monday, April 16, 2018 6:40:33 AM

1 Shmi
2 Gandalf
3 EmporerDragon
General_Grievous
Posted: Monday, April 16, 2018 12:18:12 PM

CHS, I like the changes to BitB, but was the CE always that way? Because it sounds like it would be pretty easy to trigger and not to mention it looks like it affects enemy targets primarily. Not sure how moving enemies around/into pits multiple times a round would affect game balance but maybe I'm just reading it wrong. I do really like the reserves/shield for theme reasons.

Oakel, I really like Lunge and the idea behind Blood Scent but there is something about having numbers consistent with normal speeds in the game for simplicities sake, 6, 12 and 18 to help game flow and allow players to quickly be able to calculate and remember a units movement. Mind you there are plenty of ways to break that movement but I think current design trends are around toning down outside of turn movements to help with ease of play. Pack Hunter and Synergy are great though!

Gandalf, I like the save on PM and it's a neat ability for movement breaking. A bit ability heavy but you know that and it's hard to trim this guy anymore while keeping your theme.

LB, very theme-heavy Sep piece. On further evaluation I think he's over-costed for what he does, as the CE will just get disrupted, reserves are a 5% chance and you're really only guaranteed a mild movement breaker plus atrociously fitting stats haha. So probably could have been in the 20s but I still really like everything here and if he Cost was dropped I think this guy is exactly one of two directions the Seps should be going.

Surf, Dodonna in Mandos eh? He is a very strong piece and I originally would have been against any sort of recreating of the power 11 characters m, but we are finally starting to get counters for out-activate and smash and their respective CEs/SAs so I think this guy would be alright now. Super simple which is great but not really new. Definitely balanced though.

Jen, a bit ability heavy but pretty solid version of Hoth. Everything looks good and works together well except you pretty much Out-classed/obsoleted The Revanchist's main trick. Also currently the OR is still dominating and top dog so not sure if they should also get a major movement breaker for their already deadly charging pieces.

Emperor, with the craziness of mouse/diplomat walls being a thing, and the already powerful Imperial Faction being tricky to add to without unbalancing it, you managed to strike a solid balance and create something genuinely new, exciting and game-altering that I really like. Great job.

Shmi, ok this guy is pretty cool, super simple, super thematic, and actually quite balanced. Great job.

Caedus, well done with a hard to create TLJ Luke. Good stuff. But also a joking -1 for no greenmilk reference hahaha.

Alright so great entries this week as per. Just wanted to shout out that we did hit Week 100! Congratulations to everyone who has been a part of it for so long and hope to keep it going to 200 and beyond. Some awesome creativity community here so let's keep it going.

Now to this week I have to narrow it down to the spirit of the contest which was to create pieces with new movement options to help a balance the meta, and to me the meta is Bastilla and to a lesser extent Talon. So what helps best in this day and age will be what gets my votes.

3rd LB, I do think this guy should cost a lot less but you did such a great job here helping classic Clone Strike Characters and balancing the lack of mobility droids have.

2nd Emperor, classic Legends lore and a powerful but balanced game-altering effect makes this guy really shine.

1st Caedus, you pulled off an amazing TLJ Luke and everyone hates having a piece swap/charge in and wipe the floor with a critical part of your team, and now for 25 points you can stop it once, and allow you to regroup your forces.
Caedus
Posted: Monday, April 16, 2018 5:32:19 PM

1. gandalf

2. Emperor Dragon

3. surf
gandalfthegreatestwizard
Posted: Monday, April 16, 2018 5:47:24 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

1- LB

2- GG

3- jen'ari