RegisterDonateLogin

Your father wanted you to have Bloo Milk when you were old enough.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

CCC Week 107 - Politics, Politics, Politics Options
EmporerDragon
Posted: Tuesday, May 29, 2018 9:36:56 AM
Groups: Member

While SWM is primarily about gunslingers and force users, let's not forget about all those senators, governors, ambassadors, and other politicians that find themselves on the battlefield. Your challenge is to create another such character who will battle with words and laws rather than blasters and lightsabers.

Restrictions:

1) This character should be a support piece, not a combat piece. They certainly can deal damage, but shouldn't be able to go toe-to-toe with the likes of Mace Windu or Boba Fett.

2) No diplomatic immunity: The character should not have the ability Diplomat in permanent or temporary (i.e. Aggressive Negotiations) capacity. To the opponent, they're a target of opportunity.

General Rules:

You may update any existing versions you already have and/or create a new one. You may update/create several versions of the character but you must ultimately select 1 you wish to run with. (this must be done by the schedule below)

2. Place a hyperlink in this forum to make it easier to find your character. You can just post the stats or image here but if changes are needed it would be easier (and save space) if you just used a Hyperlink (If you don't know how to post Hyperlinks in a forum setting please ask and we will help you. It's not hard )

3. Voting works as follows, pick your three favorite customs based on accuracy to the character, design, balance or whatever you decide makes the best incarnation of the challenge character. First place receives 3 points, 2nd place receives 2 points, and 3rd place receives 1 point.

4. You do not have to enter the contest in order to vote. But unless you enter you must have at least 10 forum posts.

5. To make things fair you must vote in order to win the contest. Try to give feedback if possible to help designers out. You must choose three characters entered in the contest and you may not rate or vote for your own character.

6. The winner will be decided by how many points they receive. Ties will be broken by most 1st place votes, then if still tied, 2nd place votes and then 3rd place votes. If still tied, then the outcome is a tie.

7. You may not change or update the entered character AFTER the deadline.

You will have until Sat, June 2nd, 2018 @8pm EST to get your submissions in. Anything submitted after this point will not be included in the voting.

Voting will start at 8pm on Saturday evening and end at 11pm EST on Monday, June 4th, 2018.
At the conclusion of the voting the scores will be tallied and the winner will start a new topic with their choice of theme.
Lord_Ball
Posted: Tuesday, May 29, 2018 10:03:09 AM

hmm I believe I have a few Separatist council members that fit the bill nicely... but I think my entry will be:
Po Nudo, Senator

surf_rider56
Posted: Tuesday, May 29, 2018 1:37:38 PM

... so basically you want a politician with no political power ... our world and the whole galaxy could only hope ... RollEyes

What needs to be created is political powers/abilities that really screw your opponent and yet stay inside the criteria, or lines ...

Gree Emissary
Emissary a person sent on a special mission, usually as a diplomatic representative.

The Gree were an ancient species that were ridiculously high tech compared to pretty much anybody. An emissary that could force people to see it "his way" sounds fun. At first glance he's well protected, but if he gets based by a high point melee piece he's pretty much dead. Still he can seriously do some fun damage with his Negotiation and Transmission Suppression abilities and is reasonably safe from ranged attack. He's also expensive enough that you really can't afford more than one per squad, and I think a shooter squad would be Very vulnerable (my opinion, haven't tried him yet BigGrin

Peace,

surf

shmi15
Posted: Wednesday, May 30, 2018 5:47:26 AM

Lord_Ball
Posted: Wednesday, May 30, 2018 6:49:15 AM

surf_rider56 wrote:
Gree Emissary

High price tag, but a defensive powerhouse to rival GOWK! Very intriguing design, not sure if I'd like to see it on the board - seems like it could be very annoying to play against... hmmm yep that's a politician!BlooMilk
shmi15
Posted: Wednesday, May 30, 2018 7:38:18 AM

surf_rider56 wrote:
... so basically you want a politician with no political power ... our world and the whole galaxy could only hope ... RollEyes

What needs to be created is political powers/abilities that really screw your opponent and yet stay inside the criteria, or lines ...

Gree Emissary
Emissary a person sent on a special mission, usually as a diplomatic representative.

The Gree were an ancient species that were ridiculously high tech compared to pretty much anybody. An emissary that could force people to see it "his way" sounds fun. At first glance he's well protected, but if he gets based by a high point melee piece he's pretty much dead. Still he can seriously do some fun damage with his Negotiation and Transmission Suppression abilities and is reasonably safe from ranged attack. He's also expensive enough that you really can't afford more than one per squad, and I think a shooter squad would be Very vulnerable (my opinion, haven't tried him yet BigGrin

Peace,

surf

This is interesting to look at. He is easily a brick house with his High defense, and very annoying looking character. It looks like an NPE to be honest, BUT, I dunno if he is competitive, so I don't think he would actually be an NPE, b/c of lack of table time. I don't like the auto 40 for becoming adjacent. How much damage can be done with this guy and Darth Caedus? Or Force Push movement, or anything else like that. Then add in a high D, advanced Anarchist, this guy is very impressive, especially with a BG attached.

surf_rider56
Posted: Wednesday, May 30, 2018 7:45:02 AM

Lord_Ball wrote:
surf_rider56 wrote:
Gree Emissary

High price tag, but a defensive powerhouse to rival GOWK! Very intriguing design, not sure if I'd like to see it on the board - seems like it could be very annoying to play against... hmmm yep that's a politician!BlooMilk

High $$$ & very good defensively ... unless a Big Stick bases you.

shmi15 wrote:
surf_rider56 wrote:

Gree Emissary

Peace,

surf

This is interesting to look at. He is easily a brick house with his High defense, and very annoying looking character. It looks like an NPE to be honest, BUT, I dunno if he is competitive, so I don't think he would actually be an NPE, b/c of lack of table time. I don't like the auto 40 for becoming adjacent. How much damage can be done with this guy and Darth Caedus? Or Force Push movement, or anything else like that. Then add in a high D, advanced Anarchist, this guy is very impressive, especially with a BG attached.

Like all politicians, he's annoying as hell, but get up in his face and he's toast. The Mines 40 signify's his high tech but will deter lil melee pieces and forces your big sticks to kill it (quite easily too.)
shmi15
Posted: Wednesday, May 30, 2018 9:23:31 AM

As you have it written now, with Darth Caedus, you could potentially do 360 auto damage before the first activation with your character.
EmporerDragon
Posted: Wednesday, May 30, 2018 9:26:14 AM

For my own contribution, I decided to try and take a guy that's been a near-autoinclude for years and to see if I can make a decent/viable alternative.

http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/33113/vice-chancellor-mas-amedda

He bolsters his political block while bogging down the opposition in red tape and scandal by attacking their reputation instead of their body.
jen'ari
Posted: Wednesday, May 30, 2018 9:30:56 AM

@surf If your piece the Gree guy can be abused by Sith Battle manipulation and Force Pull it will have to be changed. NR has double force pull and levitation to move people around him and drop massive damage. But Sith Battle Manipulation is the worse offender here. (Even the Sith holo has a chance of moving people as well).
General_Grievous
Posted: Thursday, May 31, 2018 1:29:14 AM

Wasn't sure if I wanted to put this ability on Rush Clovis or Lott but in the end the latter felt more Separatist with his clever scheming all the time haha.

http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/33110/lott-dod
Lord_Ball
Posted: Monday, June 4, 2018 5:25:57 AM

I noticed jen'ari never officially entered padme - onto the vote

1 Surf
2 Shmi
3 ED

Honorable Mention: GG - Sorry, as I said he feels like he's missing something to really make him interesting (part of that is probably the fact that I don't tend to play reserves).
jen'ari
Posted: Monday, June 4, 2018 6:11:33 AM

that sucks haha. I will still vote though in a while.

nvm

4. You do not have to enter the contest in order to vote. But unless you enter you must have at least 10 forum posts.

haha. I await next week and I will be sure to post it in the thread.
shmi15
Posted: Monday, June 4, 2018 5:19:25 PM

Lord_Ball wrote:

1 Surf
2 Shmi
3 ED

Honorable Mention: GG - Sorry, as I said he feels like he's missing something to really make him interesting (part of that is probably the fact that I don't tend to play reserves).

Curious, did you vote Surf 1 because of all the damage it can do? Or did you miss that discussion? Current;y. his piece has potentiall to do 720 damage, no save or anything. Just wondering if you didn't care about that or were we all that much worse than 720 damage? lol

Admittedly, my Jar Jar was not a serious piece, I wasn;t a huge fan of the CCC, , but I skipped one, and din;t wanna Skip another..

And Jenari... How did you forget to submit it! She was good! lol
Lord_Ball
Posted: Monday, June 4, 2018 5:27:10 PM

shmi15 wrote:
Lord_Ball wrote:

1 Surf
2 Shmi
3 ED

Curious, did you vote Surf 1 because of all the damage it can do? Or did you miss that discussion? Current;y. his piece has potentiall to do 720 damage, no save or anything. Just wondering if you didn't care about that or were we all that much worse than 720 damage? lol

Admittedly, my Jar Jar was not a serious piece, I wasn;t a huge fan of the CCC, , but I skipped one, and din;t wanna Skip another..

I definitely missed that. And if true obviously something needs to change, overall I voted it 1st because it felt like it would be a big PITA, just like a real politician LOL
shmi15
Posted: Monday, June 4, 2018 5:32:47 PM

Lord_Ball wrote:
shmi15 wrote:
Lord_Ball wrote:

1 Surf
2 Shmi
3 ED

I definitely missed that. And if true obviously something needs to change, overall I voted it 1st because it felt like it would be a big PITA, just like a real politician LOL

Yea, His guy with Darth Caedus. All you have to do is Flow Walk, Use SBM, move every around the Diplomat, and its 40 damage auto for every time he gets adjacent. 6 squares times 40 is 240. Then, on your first act, use Caedus, SBM again, 6 more squares times 40, another 240.. Well, my math was bad its only 480 damage. But it can be done to countless enemies. Just didn't know if anyone pays attention to whats going on!
shmi15
Posted: Monday, June 4, 2018 5:34:28 PM

1. LB
2. GG
3. ED
jen'ari
Posted: Monday, June 4, 2018 5:42:37 PM

shmi15 wrote:

I don't know. I like her a lot actually. The idea behind Diplomacy is really fun imo.

I can't even vote either hahaha.
EmporerDragon
Posted: Monday, June 4, 2018 6:20:29 PM

jen'ari wrote:

I can't even vote either hahaha.

Sure you can. The requirements for voting eligibility are either having an entry or 10 forum posts. And at 1,600 posts, I'd say you meet the 2nd requirement pretty easily.

As for my votes:

1) Lord Ball
2) General Grievous
3) Shmi15
jen'ari
Posted: Monday, June 4, 2018 6:28:48 PM

^^^ oh great. I thought it meant 10 "this forum" posts. If that was the case I guess I could have spammed some quick posts. haha. Alright then. onto my votes.

1. EmperorDragon We Will Have Order is that good. Political Scandal is pretty awesome. If the damage stayed the same I could see him going up in cost to 16.

2.Lord Ball Separatists need little tricks that might help them get an advantage. stealing CE is always tricky to cost.

3. General_Grievous helps the new GG stay relevant by bringing a Battle Droid that can help keep that +4 +10 bonus going around. Probably could cost at 8, but at 10 he can grab Gambit if needed. safe piece could do more.

Shmi_15 Jar jar bringing Order 66 into Imperials is just too scary imo. I wish it was Followers with order 66. I do like Spark of the Empire as the name of the SA and I like granting Palps Disciplined Leader, I think the piece would be perfect with that limitation of "followers" in it, even if it is not 100% thematic (We did see Cody taking trying to take out Kenobi afterall but it is really powerful)

Surf If Caedus wasn't here I would really enjoy the piece, but Caedus makes it over the top.