RegisterDonateLogin

Available at your local Tosche Station (in the Power Converter aisle).

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

CCC Week 109 SOL NEGRO Options
jak
Posted: Tuesday, June 12, 2018 8:08:09 AM
Groups: Member

in honor on a Black Sun win, this week you are challenged to create a Black Sun Character, in it's name, or with the SA,
Unique, or Non-Unique.
Also, must be a Species not represented in the Black Sun in SWM before.

General Rules:

You may update any existing versions you already have and/or create a new one. You may update/create several versions of the character but you must ultimately select 1 you wish to run with. (this must be done by the schedule below)

2. Place a hyperlink in this forum to make it easier to find your character. You can just post the stats or image here but if changes are needed it would be easier (and save space) if you just used a Hyperlink (If you don't know how to post Hyperlinks in a forum setting please ask and we will help you. It's not hard )

3. Voting works as follows, pick your three favorite customs based on accuracy to the character, design, balance or whatever you decide makes the best incarnation of the challenge character. First place receives 3 points, 2nd place receives 2 points, and 3rd place receives 1 point.

4. You do not have to enter the contest in order to vote. But unless you enter you must have at least 10 forum posts.

5. To make things fair you must vote in order to win the contest. Try to give feedback if possible to help designers out. You must choose three characters entered in the contest and you may not rate or vote for your own character.

6. The winner will be decided by how many points they receive. Ties will be broken by most 1st place votes, then if still tied, 2nd place votes and then 3rd place votes. If still tied, then the outcome is a tie.

7. You may not change or update the entered character AFTER the deadline.

You will have until Sat, June 15th, 2018 @8pm EST to get your submissions in. Anything submitted after this point will not be included in the voting.

Voting will start at 8pm on Saturday evening and end at 11pm EST on Monday, June 17th, 2018.
At the conclusion of the voting the scores will be tallied and the winner will start a new topic with their choice of theme
General_Grievous
Posted: Tuesday, June 12, 2018 3:36:53 PM

Interesting idea! How about this for new species:

http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/33145/yuuzhan-vong-arms-dealer

Taken from the old Legacy comics, the Black Sun in that era was one of the major dealers in illegal Vong bio-weapons, and who better to teach people how to use the bugs than a Vong themself.
surf_rider56
Posted: Tuesday, June 12, 2018 5:37:56 PM

Well, I've got 30+ Black Sun cards and probably a dozen that are off the wall species …. but this Alderaanian is the only one that comes to mind right this sec …..

Black Sun Tramp

I don't believe the Alderaanians have been represented as a character species yet?

Cheers,

surf
General_Grievous
Posted: Tuesday, June 12, 2018 5:43:40 PM

Very interesting piece surf, non-unique (could have bet that's what you'd choose as well hahaha) but interesting tech support piece and hey finally a use for Leia slave. Nice job
gandalfthegreatestwizard
Posted: Tuesday, June 12, 2018 6:04:55 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

Aren't Alderaanians just humans though? Maybe a subspecies, but they're still the same species as any other humans, I thought. Not that I have anything against the entry.
Lord_Ball
Posted: Wednesday, June 13, 2018 4:21:54 AM

Here's what I came up with:
Kaird, Nediji Assassin
surf_rider56
Posted: Wednesday, June 13, 2018 1:58:34 PM

While I'm amused by Leia being a BS Tramp, it was only a toss out for giggles … Well, I've been mulling this over; I had a Nediji Black Sun Assassin but LB got there first so hats off to him; I had a few other of various species but I decided to go with my real entry ...

Houk Black Sun Vigo The problem with creating yet another Vigo is giving them a CE that is useful/hasn't been done already. I figured "Isn't BS the type of org that would shove Self Destruct down their members throats? So here we go …..

Peace,

surf

gandalfthegreatestwizard
Posted: Wednesday, June 13, 2018 2:16:20 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

surf_rider56 wrote:
While I'm amused by Leia being a BS Tramp, it was only a toss out for giggles … Well, I've been mulling this over; I had a Nediji Black Sun Assassin but LB got there first so hats off to him; I had a few other of various species but I decided to go with my real entry ...

Houk Black Sun Vigo The problem with creating yet another Vigo is giving them a CE that is useful/hasn't been done already. I figured "Isn't BS the type of org that would shove Self Destruct down their members throats? So here we go …..

Peace,

surf

That CE is concerning... Extra and Accurate for all non Fringe followers in the game, with Xizor? That alone is already broken, and it's not the only great boost there.
surf_rider56
Posted: Wednesday, June 13, 2018 2:56:05 PM

I just realized ... somehow the CE got changed; it should say non-unique Fringe allies.

EDIT: Fixed
General_Grievous
Posted: Wednesday, June 13, 2018 5:06:33 PM

Great stuff Surf, at first I wasn't sure about the Self-Destruct but two things, 1. Black Sun would totally do that, and 2. Most of them already can with Nom Anor since like Universe. So I think you're fine.
jak
Posted: Thursday, June 14, 2018 5:23:08 AM

gandalfthegreatestwizard wrote:
Aren't Alderaanians just humans though? Maybe a subspecies, but they're still the same species as any other humans, I thought. Not that I have anything against the entry.

they are humans, that lived on the Planet Alderaan
jak
Posted: Thursday, June 14, 2018 6:10:45 AM

blemelisk
Posted: Friday, June 15, 2018 11:23:40 AM

Please note that I do not make this piece to make light of those with addictions, nor to promote the use of such substances that can lead to addiction. I make this piece to more fully fill out the many roles that those in a large criminal organization such as Black Sun would likely have, and to create new and interesting abilities to go along with such roles.

I give you a Black Sun Illicit Dealer:

http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/33150/black-sun-illicit-dealer
surf_rider56
Posted: Sunday, June 17, 2018 7:53:55 PM

Thoughts to pnder .....

GG - Vong BS Arms Dealer. As I thought about it, I was confused a bit. Is he Vong? If he's not, shouldn't he have Outsider? I actually liked the Razor Bug Assault I think so ... not sure what to say ... and what species is she??

LB - Kaird, Nediji Assassin. On the one hand, I made one that's earily similar, on the other hand I'm looking at it and thinking "so, normally I never Think this (but since it looks like mine) I said to myself ... would I Play it?"

jak - Wookie BS Demolitionist. I find it interesting that only "I" commented on this?one? While the cost has been upped, I still think twin SA's at 40 are too much for a non-unique and overall I still 5 explosive SA's are too much and it should've been 3 ... but apparently either no one else cared or no one esle wanted to comment ... interesting.

blem - BS Illicit Dealer. Save 16 is better and here's the dilemma. With it, it basically disappears very easily which is almost a shame because I made an Arcon that was a Salt Addict once but I digress ... If Dealer "disappears" that easily and all he has is intuition, is he worth playing? .... and waht species is he??

I suspect Regionals/Finals/Holidays like Fathers Day etc are eating into peoples time. Five entries total, two don't even mention what species they are (which seemed to be a big point by jak) and I'm not sure what to say about any of them.

GG's Vong may have been interesting; not sure if I'd have liked him as a Vong or a Fringe Outsider ... LB's Nedji is basically an Assassin, Jak's Wookie is a little overpowered for a non-unique and blem's Dealer looks like it could have been better fleshed out ... and I don't Even want to think of what My Houk is doing to people's thoughts ..... RollEyes RollEyes

Time to Think ....

Peace,

surf
General_Grievous
Posted: Sunday, June 17, 2018 9:06:22 PM

To clarify my entry is definitely Yuuzhan Vong, force immunity and putting it in the name was I thought enough haha.
Lord_Ball
Posted: Monday, June 18, 2018 6:22:54 AM

1 jak
2 Surf
3 GG
surf_rider56
Posted: Monday, June 18, 2018 7:33:06 AM

General_Grievous wrote:
To clarify my entry is definitely Yuuzhan Vong, force immunity and putting it in the name was I thought enough haha.

Duhh! My eyes flew Right Over Force Immunity! RollEyes I must be getting old …...
blemelisk
Posted: Monday, June 18, 2018 3:36:08 PM

working on my vote now sorry for the delay

1: Jak
2: LB
3: GG
General_Grievous
Posted: Monday, June 18, 2018 6:19:24 PM

Busy weekend but some cool entries this week!

3rd Blem
2nd LB
1st Surf
surf_rider56
Posted: Monday, June 18, 2018 7:10:18 PM

well … time to toss out answers ….

Not easy when there's only 5 entries and you really can only vote for 4 ….

3rd - Blem I like where you were going but it was … incomplete

2nd - LB Hey I made one myself once!

1st - GG The supplies answer were what did it; could still use some tweaking …

Jak, great idea but I "Still" feel its just too overpowered for a non-unique. Nothing personal, but when there's only four entries to vote on someone gets left out ...Sad