RegisterDonateLogin

Nom Anor says, "It's da bomb!"

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

CCC Week 112 - Reinforcements Have Arrived (AKA Death of Lobot) Options
General_Grievous
Posted: Tuesday, July 3, 2018 6:38:39 AM
Groups: Member

It's time brothers! For too long Lobot has reigned supreme in the Reinforcements game, and if you can't beat him, be better than him or at least as good as him. Thus this week's challenge is to make a brand new NON-FRINGE Reinforcements piece as an alternative to Lobot.

General Rules:

1. The character must be canon (Legends OK) and from the chosen faction when required. They can have affinity, but the character must start in the chosen faction.

2. You may update any existing versions you already have and/or create a new one. You may update/create several versions of the character but you must ultimately select 1 you wish to run with. (this must be done by the schedule below)

3. Place a hyperlink in this forum to make it easier to find your character. You can just post the stats or image here but if changes are needed it would be easier (and save space) if you just used a Hyperlink (If you don't know how to post Hyperlinks in a forum setting please ask and we will help you. It's not hard )

4. Voting works as follows, pick your three favorite customs based on accuracy to the character, design, balance or whatever you decide makes the best incarnation of the challenge character. First place receives 3 points, 2nd place receives 2 points, and 3rd place receives 1 point.

5. You do not have to enter the contest in order to vote. But unless you enter you must have at lest 10 forum posts.

6. To make things fair you must vote in order to win the contest. You must choose three characters entered in the contest and you may not rate or vote for your own character.

7. The winner will be decided by how many points they receive. Ties will be broken by most 1st place votes, then if still tied, 2nd place votes and then 3rd place votes. If still tied, then the outcome is a tie.

8. You may not change or update the entered character AFTER the deadline.

You will have until Sat, July 7th, 2018 @8pm EST to get your submissions in. Anything submitted after this point will not be included in the voting.

Voting will start at 8pm on Saturday evening and end at 11pm EST on Monday, July 9th, 2018.
At the conclusion of the voting the scores will be tallied and the winner will start a new topic with their choice of theme
General_Grievous
Posted: Tuesday, July 3, 2018 7:19:07 AM

Here is an older one that fits the bill:

http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/28001/kraken
surf_rider56
Posted: Tuesday, July 3, 2018 12:11:23 PM

Out of curiosity, has there Ever been a non-unique that had Reserves OR Reinforcements?
gandalfthegreatestwizard
Posted: Tuesday, July 3, 2018 12:39:58 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

surf_rider56 wrote:
Out of curiosity, has there Ever been a non-unique that had Reserves OR Reinforcements?

The Voxyn Queen is n/u with Voxyn Birth (basically Immediate Reserves). Can't think of any others.
gandalfthegreatestwizard
Posted: Tuesday, July 3, 2018 12:42:17 PM

Anyway, here's mine:

http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/33189/ambassador-furgan

If any Imperial is able to bring some troopers with him, it's this guy. He runs a military academy and takes some bodyguards wherever he goes.
surf_rider56
Posted: Tuesday, July 3, 2018 12:54:15 PM

gandalfthegreatestwizard wrote:
surf_rider56 wrote:

The Voxyn Queen is n/u with Voxyn Birth (basically Immediate Reserves). Can't think of any others.

You. know, I always wondered … shouldn't a Queen technically be a unique, because any hive only has the one queen …. but I'm not an entomologist.
General_Grievous
Posted: Tuesday, July 3, 2018 1:00:42 PM

surf_rider56 wrote:

Rosina black sun Vigo has Reserves 11. And you could just make it a cheaper reinforcements Surf
EmporerDragon
Posted: Tuesday, July 3, 2018 1:02:42 PM

surf_rider56 wrote:

Yes. The Rodian Black Sun Vigo from Universe.
surf_rider56
Posted: Tuesday, July 3, 2018 2:22:19 PM

Forgot about the Rodian BSV; possibly my Least used BSV. I digress …

If I make One more Unique in a row I may shoot myself ….

Wookie Chieftan Freyyr Second Unique in a row … I'm loading my gun; Please Do Not make it three … RollEyes

I have a soft spot for OR Wook's. To the best of my knowledge, there's only one OR Reinforcement so here's another. I believe Freyyr was in one of the games. I possibly made him better than he was; artistic license, but he's Zaalbar's father so whatever. I actually thought he'd cost more but it came out at 34; made it 35. It is what it is.

Cheers,

surf

EDIT - Senility seems to be creeping in; bad enough I've made two uniques in a row, but I seem to have uploaded two prototypes in row too. RollEyes

PS - swine, shouldn't we have a head in hand smiley???? I could've used one here!
gandalfthegreatestwizard
Posted: Tuesday, July 3, 2018 6:08:04 PM

surf_rider56 wrote:
Forgot about the Rodian BSV; possibly my Least used BSV. I digress …

If I make One more Unique in a row I may shoot myself ….

Wookie Chieftan Freyyr Second Unique in a row … I'm loading my gun; Please Do Not make it three … RollEyes

I have a soft spot for OR Wook's. To the best of my knowledge, there's only one OR Reinforcement so here's another. I believe Freyyr was in one of the games. I possibly made him better than he was; artistic license, but he's Zaalbar's father so whatever. I actually thought he'd cost more but it came out at 34; made it 35. It is what it is.

Cheers,

surf

Could be some dangerous squads with this guy, the new Wookiee Commander, and Wookiee Scoundrels (plus other stuff). And I think he is simply overall undercosted. Wookiee Reinforcements makes his cost effectively 5 (though you are limited in your choice of reinforcements). Is everything else he has worth 5-10? Even 15?
Caedus
Posted: Tuesday, July 3, 2018 7:28:27 PM

Oakel
Posted: Friday, July 6, 2018 11:42:33 AM

Here is what I would like to enter, but I am not certain it counts as Reinforcements. I am submitting it for review as to whether or not it should be considered.

The intent of it's abilities are to provide more versatility to squads and compete with Lobot in terms of a go-to adaptation/squad building piece. Need activations? Command Ozzel. Need to cannon someone? Command an Imperial Officer. Additionally it would allow for in-game adjustments to the flow of play.

This is intended as a prototype idea, and I would love any feedback people might offer.

Mobile Holographic Projection Pod
General_Grievous
Posted: Saturday, July 7, 2018 7:33:17 PM

Surf your Wookie seems to work pretty well maybe still a touch undercosted for his beefy HP and solid boosts, but overall solid design, and you could have totally made him a non-unique.
Oakel
Posted: Monday, July 9, 2018 8:23:06 AM

My apologies, I haven't been able to be online this weekend. Since I do not see any votes yet, I would like to withdraw my entry, as I'm not sure it fits the criteria well enough, and I want to retool it for a while first.
surf_rider56
Posted: Monday, July 9, 2018 4:20:42 PM

Hmmm … Not much to choose from, so let's peek.

Oak - Holo-Projector Withdrawn do to issues. Agreed, it wasn't a finished product, but an interesting idea; need to limit it a bit.

Caedus - Admiral Raddus. You agreed it had issues but didn't address any of them??

Gandalf - Am. Furgan. Still not convinced on the CE; as a teacher myself, I hear whispers of "Those who can't, teach." RollEyes

GG - Kraken. You are consistant GG, With all the Sep CE's, Backup command makes me a tad nervous, although I admit I didn't peek at what they could be.

PS - There are no "Huge" droids that are 30 or under? Did you make a mistake/misword something??

Time to think.

surf
gandalfthegreatestwizard
Posted: Monday, July 9, 2018 4:42:44 PM

GG (Kraken)- Can't go wrong with boosting Huges, I like it. One thing, though, is that I don't see him as a true alternative to Lobot, more like a good commander for Huges with incidental reinforcements without many options. (But I can't complain since my entry isn't a true Lobot alternative either.)

surf (Freyr)- 45 definitely seems more accurate. He's pretty cool with the Wookiee Commander boosting all kinds of Wookiees. Again with limited reinforcement options not so much an alternative to Lobot, but a commander in his own right.

Caedus (Raddus)- Certainly the most Lobotesque of all the entries, but thematically not what I would have done. Good for bringing in 3po/ Rieekan when it counts (against non-melee), so could be a decent alternative to Lobot.

Oakel (Mobile Holographic Projection Pod)- I like the concept and think that LOS limits it enough to be balanced. Since you withdrew it it's a moot point, but not sure if it qualifys as "Reinforcements".

1. GG
2. surf
3. Caedus
General_Grievous
Posted: Monday, July 9, 2018 4:57:59 PM

Hey Surf with his rapport of 5 he makes the commerce guild homing Spider 27 and with this guy and a BDO you can bring in a commerce or Hailfire, and with tann/BDO/Kraken you can bring in a tank droid or any of the other two choices
General_Grievous
Posted: Monday, July 9, 2018 5:28:04 PM

3rd Caedus
2nd Gandalf
1st Surf
swinefeld
Posted: Monday, July 9, 2018 6:42:47 PM

surf_rider56 wrote:

PS - swine, shouldn't we have a head in hand smiley???? I could've used one here!

Yes, we totally need a :facepalm: smiley. I would use it often. BlooMilk
shmi15
Posted: Monday, July 9, 2018 7:20:18 PM

Is the voting over yet to move on to the next week?