RegisterDonateLogin

You must drink what you think is right, of course.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

SDCC CW Season 2 - Spoiler Options
defender390
Posted: Tuesday, July 28, 2009 7:53:56 AM
Groups: Member

The Mandalorians either still exist or were recently disbanded in Legacy. The Jokers speculated that Hondo was ex-Mandalorian. They would not speculate that if the Mandalorians had been gone for a long time. I personally hope they introduce them later on. They are the only remaining potential "power faction" unrepresented. Although, they may have lost influence since Boba's time as Mandalore.
Mandalore Da Beast
Posted: Tuesday, July 28, 2009 7:57:53 AM

hmmm.
Boba did revive them, in a sense.
they must have done something completely drastic in order take themselves out of the Galaxies equation. because, they were making alot of money off of the verpines and other small factions, with their arms dealing.
i still cant understand why CrushGaunts are illegal....
bigbro911
Posted: Tuesday, July 28, 2009 2:33:36 PM

Mandalore Da Beast wrote:

i still cant understand why CrushGaunts are illegal....

The same reason brass knuckles and switchblades are illegal in most parts of the US...

that or one too many lonely male space travelers accidentally damaged themselves ;)
Mandalore Da Beast
Posted: Tuesday, July 28, 2009 2:55:25 PM

ha....vibro knuckles.
judgeito
Posted: Tuesday, July 28, 2009 5:36:27 PM

When the Imperials unleash the Fett killing nanovirus at the end of the Legacy books,it says Mirta would be killed by it. That means it stands to reason that any kids that were made by any of Skiratas guys should be killed as well. Even Venku should have been killed as he is Darmen's son. Part of the Mando revival would have undoubtably been due to all the clones of Jango running around. If all of thier offspring was killed it would probably be enough to take the Mandos out of the galactic picture.
I wonder how Karen Traviss feels about Troy Denning doing that to her characters.

I am a big fan of Mando's good and bad. Kal Skirata and Boba Fett are two of the most awesome Star Wars characters ever. Gray is a good way to describe them. For the record I love the Republic Commando books and can't wait for Imperial Commandos to come out.
seibermaki
Posted: Tuesday, July 28, 2009 6:30:22 PM

Oh, something I'd like to see in Season 2 of the show..... Clone Troopers moving on to the "Phase 2" armor, like in ROTS.

For some reason I thought they had it not long after Anakin got his scar on Nelvaan(which he has in the show).... although, they've ended up retconning some of the stuff from the CW micro series and the comics... so who knows!

Also the Eta-2 Aethersprite Jedi Fighters would be cool. :)
LoboStele
Posted: Wednesday, July 29, 2009 1:36:31 AM

Well, there's at least one Mandalorian still alive in the Legacy era...

http://www.darkhorse.com/Comics/16-140/Star-Wars-Legacy-41----Rogues-End

judgeito wrote:
When the Imperials unleash the Fett killing nanovirus at the end of the Legacy books,it says Mirta would be killed by it. That means it stands to reason that any kids that were made by any of Skiratas guys should be killed as well. Even Venku should have been killed as he is Darmen's son. Part of the Mando revival would have undoubtably been due to all the clones of Jango running around. If all of thier offspring was killed it would probably be enough to take the Mandos out of the galactic picture.
I wonder how Karen Traviss feels about Troy Denning doing that to her characters.

I am a big fan of Mando's good and bad. Kal Skirata and Boba Fett are two of the most awesome Star Wars characters ever. Gray is a good way to describe them. For the record I love the Republic Commando books and can't wait for Imperial Commandos to come out.

There's nothing to fully suggest that the Fett nano virus will kill everyone with part of the Fett gene. It might only kill Fett himself. It's tough to say. There's all sorts of ways to work around that issue. Plus, it's not that the nano virus necessarily killed Fett and Mirta, it's just that it made it so they couldn't return to Mandalore anytime soon.

Plus, based on some older Fett story material, he absorbed a bunch of odd DNA from his time in the sarlacc pit (hence his cancer issues in his leg), so it's quite possible that the DNA which the Moffs used might not actually kill as well as they think it will.

Remember, in SW, the future is "always in motion". No telling what future story writers may chose to do. As far as Karen is concerned, she was involved in ALL of the LOTF novels, so she knew what Denning was doing before any of the rest of us did. I'm sure she's fine with it, or has a plan to work around it if she does any more books in that era. Right now though, I don't think LFL has her slated to do any post-LOTF stuff. So I guess maybe we'll never find out! ;)
Durge Dude
Posted: Wednesday, July 29, 2009 2:42:34 AM

Either all the Mandos die when fighting Kenobi, or they force Kenobi to retreat because Mandos never retreat
Mandalore Da Beast
Posted: Wednesday, July 29, 2009 6:20:08 AM

LoboStele wrote:
Well, there's at least one Mandalorian still alive in the Legacy era...

http://www.darkhorse.com/Comics/16-140/Star-Wars-Legacy-41----Rogues-End

judgeito wrote:

There's nothing to fully suggest that the Fett nano virus will kill everyone with part of the Fett gene. It might only kill Fett himself. It's tough to say. There's all sorts of ways to work around that issue. Plus, it's not that the nano virus necessarily killed Fett and Mirta, it's just that it made it so they couldn't return to Mandalore anytime soon.

Plus, based on some older Fett story material, he absorbed a bunch of odd DNA from his time in the sarlacc pit (hence his cancer issues in his leg), so it's quite possible that the DNA which the Moffs used might not actually kill as well as they think it will.

Remember, in SW, the future is "always in motion". No telling what future story writers may chose to do. As far as Karen is concerned, she was involved in ALL of the LOTF novels, so she knew what Denning was doing before any of the rest of us did. I'm sure she's fine with it, or has a plan to work around it if she does any more books in that era. Right now though, I don't think LFL has her slated to do any post-LOTF stuff. So I guess maybe we'll never find out! ;)

Lets not forget, that nano virus was created by darth Cadeus, on the fly. meaning, there was no time or effort put into the virus, which is probably why Mirta didnt die (thank god) now for Fett, my guess is, that virus wont kill him, but he will be smart, and stay on one of the moons, or even on Slave IV.
does anyone have any guess' as to what their going to do to Tenal Ka?
and no....the Mando'ade never retreat, theyll die first.
Eroschilles
Posted: Wednesday, July 29, 2009 6:25:20 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator

They may not retreat, but they do surrender. Otherwise Revan would have killed them all, but the original Mando were the Taung or whatever they were. When did they all die out?
judgeito
Posted: Wednesday, July 29, 2009 6:42:59 AM

I never claimed that the nanovirus killed Boba or Mirta, but the book said it could. So it stands to reason it would kill the clones and thier offspring since they are more Fett than Mirta. I hope they do have a way of working around this though.
Mandalore Da Beast
Posted: Wednesday, July 29, 2009 6:46:45 AM

I forgot Clone Commando Boss' jedi name...
what was it?
i know its his name on Mandalore too...i cant find my books.
LoboStele
Posted: Wednesday, July 29, 2009 9:52:04 AM

I forgot Clone Commando Boss' jedi name...
what was it?
i know its his name on Mandalore too...i cant find my books.

Boss' jedi name? Have no clue what you're talking about. Boss never made it to Mandalore. As of the last book, he's still on Coruscant. Are you talking about Bardan Jusik (aka Bard'ika, aka Gotab)?
seibermaki
Posted: Wednesday, July 29, 2009 10:28:37 AM

Didn't the Fett clones from the Clone Wars have limited life spans too?

For some reason I thought so, which means any Fett clone descendants living on Mandalore would be children or grand children... since the virus was released like 50+ years after the Episode III...
Mandalore Da Beast
Posted: Wednesday, July 29, 2009 10:45:51 AM

the fett clones did have limited life expectancies.
arc troopers i believe, and the commandos didnt. they were Jangos direct clones, if im not mistaken. a clone commando became a jedi at some point, and i think it was Boss.
seibermaki
Posted: Wednesday, July 29, 2009 11:44:32 AM

the fett clones did have limited life expectancies.
arc troopers i believe, and the commandos didnt. they were Jangos direct clones, if im not mistaken. a clone commando became a jedi at some point, and i think it was Boss.

Wait a minute, Boss from Delta Squad? as in, Delta 38? as in RC-1138?

Not sure on him becoming a Jedi if that's the one you're speaking of. At least, the Wookieepedia says nothing of it, unless it's in some newer EU story.

Wookieepedia reports that he goes on to be an Imperial Commando...
Mandalore Da Beast
Posted: Wednesday, July 29, 2009 11:50:31 AM

thats the part that confuses me,
because i know for a fact that a clone (without the expired life expectancy), became a jedi. he said he was a commando in the grand republic army.He then came to Mandalore to settle, keeping his identity hidden from the mandalorians, because they frown upon lightsabers and force users. its in the LOTF Novels, check out Invincible, or the book prior to that, where Mirta gets paralyzed.
seibermaki
Posted: Wednesday, July 29, 2009 11:54:37 AM

thats the part that confuses me,
because i know for a fact that a clone (without the expired life expectancy), became a jedi. he said he was a commando in the grand republic army.He then came to Mandalore to settle, keeping his identity hidden from the mandalorians, because they frown upon lightsabers and force users. its in the LOTF Novels, check out Invincible, or the book prior to that, where Mirta gets paralyzed.

I'll check in Invincible when I get home, since that's the only Legacy book I have(I liked it pretty well, but it was pointless for me to read the previous 8 books lol).

I honestly don't recall the mention of it, but perhaps they are referring to the person LoboStele mentioned, or perhaps the child of the clone and the Jedi from the Republic Commando books...
judgeito
Posted: Wednesday, July 29, 2009 1:02:05 PM

It wasn't Boss or a clone. It was a former jedi turned mando name Bardan Jusik. He ends up with the baby of a clone and a jedi named Venku and is known as Gotab in the Legacy books. As Gotab he tells Jaina why she has to kill Jacen.

Rereading that it sounds a little confusing. Venku was the baby's name. It's parents were a clone named Darmen and a Jedi named Etain Tur Mukan. Barden Jusik leaves the Jedi order and turns Mando but keeps his lightsaber. Venku ends up with force powers and Etain's lightsaber as well as her master's. In the book Triple Zero after Jusik dons full mando gear (helmet too.) while wielding a lighsaber, Kal Skirata says something like, "I will take that images to my grave." Anyone who hasn't read those books definetly should.
seibermaki
Posted: Wednesday, July 29, 2009 7:52:01 PM

Thanks for the clarification, Judgeito. Yeah, I keep wanting to read the Republic Commando books. Only Star Wars novel I've ever read was Invincible... actually, I'm half way through Death Star still heh.