RegisterDonateLogin

Your cells have the highest concentration of Bloo Milk I have ever seen in a life-form.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

CCC Week 176 - The Beginning (New Year's) Options
CorellianComedian
Posted: Tuesday, December 31, 2019 2:33:28 PM
Groups: Member

Alright folks, with the New Year coming up in just a few hours (depending on where you are in the world), this week's contest is about The Beginning. Not the first movie made, not the first movie chronologically, this contest is about The Beginning of your Star Wars enthusiasm.

Create something that captures or reflects what got you excited about Star Wars. It doesn't have to be your absolute first experience with it; just relate it to something that sparked your enthusiasm, or an important first-time experience after becoming a fan. Maybe you saw Episode IV in theaters, or maybe you saw Episode IV in your parents' living room when you turned 10. Maybe you were already a Star Wars fan, but The Phantom Menace or The Force Awakens was your first time getting to see Star Wars on the big screen. Maybe you came here from watching Clone Wars or playing LEGO Star Wars.

Whatever the beginning (or new beginning) of your Star Wars enthusiasm was, put it in a piece. Don't get too caught up in the details, if it was an important first-time of any sort for you, it's good.

Hopefully that isn't too vague Blushing

(in consideration of the New Year, this will be another two-week round so you have more time)

1. The character must be canonical to either of the Canon or Legends continuities and from the chosen faction when required. They can have affinity, but the character must start in the chosen faction.

2. You may update any existing versions you already have and/or create a new one. You may update/create several versions of the character but you must ultimately select 1 you wish to run with. (this must be done by the schedule below)

3. Place a hyperlink in this forum to make it easier to find your character. You can just post the stats or image here but if changes are needed it would be easier (and save space) if you just used a Hyperlink (If you don't know how to post Hyperlinks in a forum setting please ask and we will help you. It's not hard )

4. Voting works as follows, pick your three favorite customs based on accuracy to the character, design, balance or whatever you decide makes the best incarnation of the challenge character. First place receives 3 points, 2nd place receives 2 points, and 3rd place receives 1 point.

5. You do not have to enter the contest in order to vote. But unless you enter you must have at least 10 forum posts.

6. To make things fair you must vote in order to win the contest. You must choose three characters entered in the contest and you may not rate or vote for your own character.

7. The winner will be decided by how many points they receive. Ties will be broken by most 1st place votes, then if still tied, 2nd place votes and then 3rd place votes. If still tied, then the outcome is a tie.

8. You may not change or update the entered character AFTER the deadline.

You will have until Saturday, January 11th, 2020 @8pm EDT to get your submissions in. Anything submitted after this point will not be included in the voting.

Voting will start at 8pm on Saturday evening and end at 11pm EDT on Monday, January 13th, 2020.

At the conclusion of the voting the scores will be tallied and the winner will start a new topic with their choice of theme.
CorranHornsux123
Posted: Wednesday, January 1, 2020 5:29:39 PM

Here is my entry this week. My very first book series was the Darth Bane trilogy. It was an amazing series and sparked my interest in the Old Republic and i delve deeply into the books/comic and games all based in that era.

http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/15640/darth-bane--korriban-student
AlexTheGreat
Posted: Friday, January 3, 2020 2:02:19 PM

Happy new year to everyone and may the Force be with you all!! Great CCC this week, as CC touched some very sensitive strings of my heart. First time I watch a SW film was when my dad took me to the cinema to watch ROTS in 2005 when I was nearly 11 years old. Oh I owe this guy so much!!! After the film I was so fascinated with Obi-Wan probably one of the best parts of the PT. So here is my entry ...

http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/37170/obi-wan-kenobi-of-tantooine
gandalfthegreatestwizard
Posted: Sunday, January 5, 2020 4:08:46 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

The first Star Wars content I got into were some books I got as a little kid; Champions of the Force from the Jedi Academy trilogy, Dark Force Rising from the Thrawn trilogy, and Darksaber. Since then, the books have always been more fundamental to me than the movies, and I have eagerly read many of the comics and books that Lucasfilm released until 2014, and pretty much loved all of them with a few exceptions. So here's a character from one of those books.

http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/37264/moruth-doole
General_Grievous
Posted: Wednesday, January 8, 2020 9:55:55 PM

Awesome idea! It's hard to pin down exactly when I got into Star Wars as much as I am, I first watched a Star Wars movie with Empire back when they re-released it for the special editions, shortly after got an R2-D2 action figure and read the Hutt Gambit as my first book. But I have always had a special place for the Star Wars video games and especially the first one I played Shadows of The Empire on the N64. This began the passion of Star Wars gaming which lasts way longer then the movie experiences and continued into Republic Commando, KOTOR, Galactic Battlegrounds, Jedi Knight series, KOTOR 2, Battlefront, Empire at War, Lethal Alliance, Force Unleashed and currently Fallen Order after many many others. So in honour of that first video game that sparked the gaming interest (that also led into the board gaming realm) here is Dash Rendar:

http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/37271/dash-rendar--mercenary
General_Grievous
Posted: Monday, January 13, 2020 8:41:11 AM

3rd Gandalf, Cool new character entry that adds something new
2nd Alex, great super Kenobi representing his lifetime of abilities
1st CHS, really feeling the WOTC era simplicity in design here and great character
gandalfthegreatestwizard
Posted: Monday, January 13, 2020 7:32:18 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

1. AlexTheGreat

2. GG

3. CHS
CorranHornsux123
Posted: Tuesday, January 14, 2020 4:37:32 PM

1. Alex
2. Gandalf
3. GG

Nice customs to all you guys was really close.
General_Grievous
Posted: Tuesday, January 14, 2020 5:35:58 PM

Just waiting on Alex, I feel he votes he pretty much wins haha. Otherwise it will go to CHS. Maybe give him until tomorrow morning and then it's yours CHS
AlexTheGreat
Posted: Tuesday, January 14, 2020 7:27:38 PM

1 GG

2 CHS

3 GANDALF
General_Grievous
Posted: Tuesday, January 14, 2020 9:59:24 PM

Alright it goes to you Alex, well done and post up the next one!
AlexTheGreat
Posted: Wednesday, January 15, 2020 9:14:43 AM

Thnx guys, I'll try to post the next CCC as soon as possible, but can we make it a 2 week instead of 1? Sorry but I'have exams and work all together right now...
General_Grievous
Posted: Wednesday, January 15, 2020 5:26:11 PM

Yep I think I like the two week format a lot better