RegisterDonateLogin

How you get so big, drinking Milk of this kind?

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

CCC Week 181 - 100pts of awesomeness Options
gandalfthegreatestwizard
Posted: Thursday, March 5, 2020 5:07:54 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

This week the challenge is to create a 100pt character of any faction. I'm interested in seeing how people balance a very high-costed character to be playable/competitive but not broken. The V-sets have experimented with this a few times, but most of the attempts ended up as fun options that couldn't compete at the highest level (with a couple of exceptions).

1. The character must be canonical to either of the Canon or Legends continuities and from the chosen faction when required. They can have affinity, but the character must start in the chosen faction.

2. You may update any existing versions you already have and/or create a new one. You may update/create several versions of the character but you must ultimately select 1 you wish to run with. (this must be done by the schedule below)

3. Place a hyperlink in this forum to make it easier to find your character. You can just post the stats or image here but if changes are needed it would be easier (and save space) if you just used a Hyperlink (If you don't know how to post Hyperlinks in a forum setting please ask and we will help you. It's not hard )

4. Voting works as follows, pick your three favorite customs based on accuracy to the character, design, balance or whatever you decide makes the best incarnation of the challenge character. First place receives 3 points, 2nd place receives 2 points, and 3rd place receives 1 point.

5. You do not have to enter the contest in order to vote. But unless you enter you must have at least 10 forum posts.

6. To make things fair you must vote in order to win the contest. You must choose three characters entered in the contest and you may not rate or vote for your own character.

7. The winner will be decided by how many points they receive. Ties will be broken by most 1st place votes, then if still tied, 2nd place votes and then 3rd place votes. If still tied, then the outcome is a tie.

8. You may not change or update the entered character AFTER the deadline.

You will have until Saturday, March 14th, 2020 @8pm EDT to get your submissions in. Anything submitted after this point will not be included in the voting.

Voting will start at 8pm on Saturday evening and end at 11pm EDT on Monday, March 16th, 2020.

At the conclusion of the voting the scores will be tallied and the winner will start a new topic with their choice of theme.
gandalfthegreatestwizard
Posted: Thursday, March 5, 2020 7:51:41 PM

swinefeld
Posted: Thursday, March 5, 2020 8:52:06 PM

http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/35334/rianna-saren-and--zeeo-

This is a somewhat tweaked version of the (unpublished) character I had sketched as an initial draft for v17. Noting the similarities, and significant differences from the design team's finished product. That happens a lot.

I'm just hopping in here because I need a distraction at the soon to be end of a rather seriously stupid work week. BlooMilk
kiki
Posted: Friday, March 6, 2020 2:26:15 PM
Groups: Member

http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/37404/cal-keltis-and-bd-1

With the amount of combat options provided in Fallen Order, a low costed Cal would be difficult to recreate. So Cal seemed like a fitting choice for this week.
General_Grievous
Posted: Sunday, March 8, 2020 10:51:51 PM

I still feel like a 200 point piece for her would be best but here is my take on a more subtle version of Abeloth while she is still trying to trick those around her into serving her.

http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/37406/abeloth--beloved-queen-of-the-stars
adamb0nd
Posted: Saturday, March 14, 2020 5:23:39 AM

Caedus
Posted: Saturday, March 14, 2020 10:12:10 AM

http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/25144/master-yoda-and-obi-wan-kenobi

I always loved this one. If it's not too late,this is mine
gandalfthegreatestwizard
Posted: Sunday, March 15, 2020 1:57:58 AM

1. GG

2. swinefeld

3. adamb0nd
kiki
Posted: Sunday, March 15, 2020 8:48:56 PM

1. GG

2. Swinefield

3. Gandalf
adamb0nd
Posted: Monday, March 16, 2020 5:47:00 AM

1. Caedus
2. Gandalf
3. Swinefield
Caedus
Posted: Monday, March 16, 2020 6:15:34 AM

1. GG
2. Adam
3. Gandalf
swinefeld
Posted: Monday, March 16, 2020 3:58:43 PM

Reading over final versions. Will get my votes in soonish. Cool stuff. BlooMilk
swinefeld
Posted: Monday, March 16, 2020 7:00:41 PM

At some point, one must decide, even if I didn't comment enough. Huh
All the entries from the others (meaning not me) were intriguing in some way or another. Tough call.

1) Gandalf, for representing a specific moment, and generally the skills of a core character at that moment and beyond.

2) Kiki, super tanky stats, some concerns about +40hp each of his/their turns for free with those stats, but like the Force powers and enough of the rest, and how you trimmed them down.

3) Adamb0nd - 100pt R2? As you said, that's tough to represent. He's one of the main heroes for sure. Have to tip my hat to you for trying, noting that I didn't comment prior. Not that I would have had any useful suggestions, and that goes for all other entrants I didn't comment on significantly.

Done. Fun stuff folks. BlooMilk
General_Grievous
Posted: Thursday, April 9, 2020 10:04:00 PM

Sheesh in all the craziness of the world I was wondering why the next week never got posted and realized you guys chose me as the winner for this week. My apologies and I'm looking to start this up again, I'll post up for another two week timeline.