RegisterDonateLogin

Is supposed to know a power socket from a computer terminal.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Do you want to be a moderator? Options
swinefeld
Posted: Thursday, September 24, 2009 1:52:37 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

Agree with MarkedMan247 about guidelines/CoC needed.
Agree having Mods "assigned" to specific forums may be good.

I am also willing to lend a hand if needed. I'm logged on quite a bit.
Mitth'raw'nuruodo
Posted: Thursday, September 24, 2009 2:14:44 PM
Groups: Member

Eroschilles wrote:
markedman247 wrote:
I would like to volunteer for it, however, I think that maybe a set of rules and guidelines posted on the boards is the first step. This allows the posters to know what is expected of them and the moderators know what they are enforcing.

I also think this would be a very good idea. I don't think moderators should be too heavy handed though. Many don't like the WOTC boards for that reason.

Completely agree with you there. If the mods get too strict, no one likes them and the overall attitude of the board goes down. I've had that experience at other places. Crying BigGrin
Darth O
Posted: Thursday, September 24, 2009 4:33:11 PM

I don't really think we need a moderator as most people are responsible ( except for me). Reporting someone can have a negative effect, especially if there is a misunderstanding.
Xeonaught
Posted: Thursday, September 24, 2009 5:34:59 PM

lol i would love to be a mod ( like the mod at a teenagers level kinda thing ) however not right now maby in a few years when iv growen a bit wiser. you know knocked off the rough edges

However i have some nominations people like:

Mandalor the beast
Darth Percocet
EmporerDragon
kezzamachine ( I know him personally and he would be fantastic even though he wont take up the job because he would probly be too busy )

just to name a few
ChuckaFett
Posted: Thursday, September 24, 2009 5:42:23 PM
Groups: Member , Trade Moderator

Missed this thread earlier Shinja, sent you a PM anyway!
Nightwalker
Posted: Thursday, September 24, 2009 5:51:27 PM

If you guys ever need an extra mod I'd be up for it, probably not the most likely of choices but just a shot in the dark might as well try ^_^

I check this site every day (force of habit) BlooMilk
kenred2
Posted: Thursday, September 24, 2009 5:52:56 PM

I would like to be a moderator, I enjoyed this community so much I dedicate it and introduced my friends to this site to help with their squad builds. I'm always willing to help in the forums, especially in the Rule's section to keep my understanding of SWM sharper. Everyday I come here to look around the site for bugs and put it into the Problems/Suggestions to make sure this site can run smoothly when the problems are addressed. So, if the position is available, I would definitely be interested to do the best of a job I can be brought by the people of this great community.
EmporerDragon
Posted: Thursday, September 24, 2009 6:05:18 PM

I don't think these boards have reached the point where we need moderators assigned to every board, just one or two people who are on pretty frequently, primarily as people on these boards are generally courteous and in little need of moderation.

I'd be fine with the job myself, but I do worry I'd take a small, few-day break from the boards, then get hit with various life crises and wind up dropping off the face of the earth for several months again.
joelker41
Posted: Thursday, September 24, 2009 10:57:53 PM

I will throw my hat in. I was going to be a mod on the Wizkids forums for HeroClix (forums that got roughly 10 times the traffic this one gets easily) before the company went under, and I am a Mod at Gamers (which admittedly there are a ton of).

I post logically, check the Forums daily, and know the mood of the forums here.

I agree wholeheartedly that moderation is needed. I of course would think ChuckaFett is a good pick since you and I both know him and he is probably in the top 3 or so of the most courteous and kind people I have met in Minis.

Plus if ya ever need to slap me down ya know where I game! ;)
madslaust
Posted: Thursday, September 24, 2009 11:02:21 PM

I'd be willing to be a mod. I was formerly a mod on TCGPlayer.com, so I have experience.

I don't think this site needs mods for certain forums, maybe 6-10 mods for all forums.
ArtemisCFrog43
Posted: Thursday, September 24, 2009 11:19:28 PM

I would also like to toss my hat in the ring for modship, but it seems that sleeping last night put me behind the rest of the group in posting my offer.
swinefeld
Posted: Thursday, September 24, 2009 11:55:37 PM

madslaust wrote:
I'd be willing to be a mod. I was formerly a mod on TCGPlayer.com, so I have experience.

I don't think this site needs mods for certain forums, maybe 6-10 mods for all forums.

Actually, this looks better than my suggestion.
6-10 mods for all forums. That should cover it such that there will likely be at least 1 mod logged on to the site during the busiest hours.

There are quite a few folks posting here that I think would be great mods BlooMilk
imyurhukaberry
Posted: Friday, September 25, 2009 12:30:44 AM

I'm always here to help if you need it.
Sithborg
Posted: Friday, September 25, 2009 2:31:40 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator, Rules Guy

Some good names here, along with a few headscratchers.

I think a few posters would be uncomfortable with me as a mod, so I am content with the current responsibilities I have right now.
klecser
Posted: Friday, September 25, 2009 2:32:14 AM

These forums do need one or two moderators. I'm basing this off of the personal attacks that have happened in several threads, most notably the kid who had his minis taken away thread and the "stealing" thread. I think those threads are pretty big indicators that mods are needed. I find it ironic that some of the people that made those personal attacks on those two threads are volunteering to be moderators. Unsure
swinefeld
Posted: Friday, September 25, 2009 2:39:45 AM

klecser wrote:
These forums do need one or two moderators. I'm basing this off of the personal attacks that have happened in several threads, most notably the kid who had his minis taken away thread and the "stealing" thread. I think those threads are pretty big indicators that mods are needed. I find it ironic that some of the people that made those personal attacks on those two threads are volunteering to be moderators. Unsure

Agree, and on the last bit - more dubious than ironic IMO.
joelker41
Posted: Friday, September 25, 2009 2:43:31 AM

Sithborg wrote:
Some good names here, along with a few headscratchers.

I think a few posters would be uncomfortable with me as a mod, so I am content with the current responsibilities I have right now.

Well I for one would enjoy having you as a mod you are level headed, knowledgable, and always willing to help.

That is the three pre-reqs for modship for me!

I also agree with klescer, a few mods are needed, I would say 3 max, two would make it a little hard to cover IMO.

And as far as people volunteering yeah, I am surprised many of the people here are volunteering as well but I know Shinja will make good picks for mods. I am just going to say age, posting history (not number, but history), and Forum experience in General are probably the guidelines, many of which aren't met by a number of bloomilk members just from a demograghic perspective.
Mandalore Da Beast
Posted: Friday, September 25, 2009 6:26:08 AM

i wouldnt mind being the one who watches of the trade thread.
i say Sithborg or Emp Dragon For rules forum,
i cant decide for the general.
joelker41
Posted: Friday, September 25, 2009 7:13:54 AM

In all honesty I couldn't see forum specific mods, if one wants a strong mod prescence while avoiding 1 or two people being the only ones who can safeguard only 1 or 2 forums.

I have seen that approach before and honestly it didn't work very well.

If we had a handful of mods able to be in all forums it would be a much more efficient and protected place to post.
Mandalore Da Beast
Posted: Friday, September 25, 2009 7:17:55 AM

we had alot of Mods for this record label i worked for back in the day, and it was tough to run with all of them. but that was like 8 years ago, and we were dealing with 2 million people.
i think Joelker might be right though, because we dont have an astronomical amount of members.