RegisterDonateLogin

And you thought it smelled bad on the outside.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Do you want to be a moderator? Options
Partof1
Posted: Friday, September 25, 2009 10:51:22 AM
Groups: Member

Btw, I'd support klecser and Sithborg no problem. I've got no grief with the other Gamers mods, I've just seen their posts a bit more.
swmimperial130
Posted: Friday, September 25, 2009 3:18:31 PM

Ill be a mod if you'd like. I'm a SWM Addict (critcounter has told me this himself) and am on Bloo Milk every day and on the forums.
billiv15
Posted: Friday, September 25, 2009 3:24:15 PM

swmimperial130 wrote:
Ill be a mod if you'd like. I'm a SWM Addict (critcounter has told me this himself) and am on Bloo Milk every day and on the forums.

I'd vote for him or Klecser as well :)
Mandalore Da Beast
Posted: Friday, September 25, 2009 3:37:11 PM

billiv15 wrote:
swmimperial130 wrote:

I'd vote for him or Klecser as well :)

as would I.
Robin
Posted: Friday, September 25, 2009 3:39:51 PM

Mandalore da Beast is who i vote for!!!

I don't know if my post well help you, hopefully it won' hurt you though.
OLDMANKENOBI
Posted: Friday, September 25, 2009 5:00:25 PM

klecser would work with me or imp130.
Mandalore Da Beast
Posted: Friday, September 25, 2009 5:01:50 PM

Sithborg wrote:
sigh

And those opinions are what we don't need as a moderator. That is the exact reason I am hesitant to be a mod in General. I have a rocky past with quite a few people on Gamers, and I feel that might make them even more hesitant to post than what they already seem to be. I don't think a mod who respect's Gamer's rules is a bad thing. As a mod, I likely wouldn't have immediately removed the stats, but talked to the poster to try to convince them to edit it himself. My post in the thread is quite interesting if you knew the past. At worse, a link would've been edited in, especially if a big wig from gamers asked for it to happen. Shinja respects them enough to not automatically post the stats in the builder, so why is it a big deal for others to respect them.

and whose opinions might you be speaking of Borg?
whose to say that opinions should be judged?
arent opinions just that? opinions?
granted, if someone seems lopsided on how they might perform as a mod, wouldnt that be due to how you judged their opinions?
ive heard plenty of "opinions" on this site, and that doesnt deter me from whether that person should be a mod or not.
is freedom of speech more of a Luxury then a right?
i voted for Kenred because he has a level head, and doesnt think that he might be better then someone else. he treats himself as an equal.
i also voted for Klecsor. he and i have had quite a spat in the last month, with me not agreeing with almost anything that he had to say inside of our arguement.
but when he shared his opinions on other topics, i couldnt help but agree with some of the things that he had to say.
he too plays on the same field as I, and whether i disagree with him or not, it doesnt matter, because he approaches a topic looking on both sides of the fence. being an equal opportunist.
like i said. i remove myself from being a volunteer mod, because i am hot headed and can easily lose my cool.
but 'Borg, alot of people look up to you, you cant, as an example to us all, be so one sided, based off an opinion.
kenred2
Posted: Friday, September 25, 2009 6:42:00 PM

I have a feeling that my previous statement that I have made about Gamers has caused a lot of tension about me. And I wanted to say, even before I wrote about it, that I apologized and never meant to hurt their credibility. I just felt that when people kept writing "you got to go to Gamers," I thought to myself that, isn't Gamers trying to draw members away from the Bloomilk community? It's a gut feeling, but that's how I felt when I posted previously (and the amount of messages received, I felt attacked). But I understand, that the reason behind is was because Gamers is try to prevent leaked information from being taken from their site without credibility or permission. I know where you guys are coming from, believe me. But, how many of you felt the same way about the post where someone teases you with the information and link to the Gamers? What happens where Bloomilk decided to do the same on Gamers? When you understand my question, you'd realize the reason why I posted it that way before. My message wasn't meant to hurt Gamers in any way, but how people put so much emphasis in supporting Gamers than to see Bloomilk being supported as well. I wanted to be the candidate for the moderator position because I support this site and wanted to do what I can to help... I have never been a moderator and I thought this might be a great opportunity to learn and experience that. I'm not here to start any fights/arguments, I wanted to understand what people have with the issue concerning such debatable topics.

I never wanted to see topics potentially deleted, I don't want to see where people are teased to go to Gamers, I wanted to see people giving respect to the Bloomilk community and be as equal as SWMgamers than such rival websites.
dnemiller
Posted: Friday, September 25, 2009 7:05:47 PM

kenred2 wrote:
I have a feeling that my previous statement that I have made about Gamers has caused a lot of tension about me. And I wanted to say, even before I wrote about it, that I apologized and never meant to hurt their credibility. I just felt that when people kept writing "you got to go to Gamers," I thought to myself that, isn't Gamers trying to draw members away from the Bloomilk community? It's a gut feeling, but that's how I felt when I posted previously (and the amount of messages received, I felt attacked). But I understand, that the reason behind is was because Gamers is try to prevent leaked information from being taken from their site without credibility or permission. I know where you guys are coming from, believe me. But, how many of you felt the same way about the post where someone teases you with the information and link to the Gamers? What happens where Bloomilk decided to do the same on Gamers? When you understand my question, you'd realize the reason why I posted it that way before. My message wasn't meant to hurt Gamers in any way, but how people put so much emphasis in supporting Gamers than to see Bloomilk being supported as well. I wanted to be the candidate for the moderator position because I support this site and wanted to do what I can to help... I have never been a moderator and I thought this might be a great opportunity to learn and experience that. I'm not here to start any fights/arguments, I wanted to understand what people have with the issue concerning such debatable topics.

I never wanted to see topics potentially deleted, I don't want to see where people are teased to go to Gamers, I wanted to see people giving respect to the Bloomilk community and be as equal as SWMgamers than such rival websites.

Ken really I dont think they are rival sites. Really you have just different sites.

I really would nto care if someone posted on gamers there is a new fig over on bloomilk. If there is a link over to bloomilk... well that is nifty. We only keep stuff there because what has happened before is people copy the post of a spoiler that we get from overseas. Then someone at another forum copies that. Then someone else posts it on Wizards. Well then wizards gets miffed and then it all falls into my lap in the end. So what I have asked (being that wizards getting miffed at me can be troublesome considering sometimes I am privy to some sensitive info and I would not like them to think I have violated my nondisclosure agreement) is that before copying it just to ask the original poster. Then when you post it somewhere else.... give that person credit for it. That way it does not end up landing in my lap. It is really nothing hard or impossible but it saves me a ton of grief. Whether it is good or bad I have to be careful because I dont want to look like I am running around violating my nda to pimp my site. I just wanted the source referenced. Kind of like writing a term paper.

I certainly dont think you have hurt gamers. you certainly should be considered for the mod position. Just understand several members at this site over time have said some ugly things about gamers on these boards. On the other hand we dont discuss bloomilk in a negative way. I like to think it is because we have better things to do than slam a site. But it may partly be because everyone knows how I feel about site slamming. Aaron is a great guy and I really enjoy playing him on vassal and most folks know this. So I doubt anyone ugly about bloomilk because of it.
klecser
Posted: Saturday, September 26, 2009 3:31:58 AM

Re: me being a mod.

My schedule allows me to be online often on some days and not at all on others. I'm not opposed to moderating, but disputes could take one or two days before they are addressed. That would not make me an appropriate choice, IMO. My vote goes to Kenred or emperordragon.
swinefeld
Posted: Saturday, September 26, 2009 5:22:04 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator

klecser wrote:
Re: me being a mod.

My schedule allows me to be online often on some days and not at all on others. I'm not opposed to moderating, but disputes could take one or two days before they are addressed. That would not make me an appropriate choice, IMO. My vote goes to Kenred or emperordragon.

I imagine that this type of scheduling situation is typical for most of the people who have volunteered. I think that is a good reason to have more than a couple mods. That way the bases will always stay covered.

As far as supporting candidates goes, I think any of the below would do a good job:

Chuckafett
Sithborg
Emperor Dragon
Klecser
joelker41
ArtemisCFrog43
imyurhuckaberry
MarkedMan247
kenred2

And I'm not saying some of the others wouldn't be good as well. I'm just basing this on the posts I have read by these folks, both here and elsewhere. All seem to be thoughtful in what and how they post.

I've never met any of them, and the only guy I've really had much direct contact with is Chuckafett, and that has just been through the trade forums. So I think I can say that I'm being completely objective in supporting these folks. (And I'm not saying that others aren't being objective)

I have zero qualms about anyone who is/was a mod on other sites (WotC, Gamers etc). Shinja has plenty of quality people to choose from here. BlooMilk
Dr. Destructo
Posted: Saturday, September 26, 2009 5:35:21 AM

I second the members mentioned by swinefeld, they all have positive traits and sound reputations on the boards and I don't recall any of them being in the middle of contraversy or causing trouble. In fact many are the lone voices of reason on a board full of madmen...
shinja
Posted: Saturday, September 26, 2009 7:00:04 AM
Groups: Administration

I've gotten all the volunteers I need, and this thread has drifted off topic. I'm closing it.