RegisterDonateLogin

I have you now!

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

What I'm working on now Options
StevenO
Posted: Friday, July 24, 2009 11:41:11 AM
Groups: Member

I mentioned it in a message but I'd like to be able to actually rate Dynamic Duo pairs instead of seeing the average rating of the two pieces used. I'm sure we can agree that there are some pieces which work wonderfully when you build a squad around them but aren't all that great in a 2 on 2 fight. Character ratings also take into account Reinforcements/Reserves which you don't get in DD. And then finally there are some pieces which are just niche enough that they may work wonderfully in DD yet you'd never want them in any squad.

I know the DD list is automatically generated but if it could also automatically generate the squad to go with that pairing (which would only need to be done every new set) then we could rate and hopefully comment on each pair.
Darth Percocet
Posted: Friday, July 24, 2009 1:11:28 PM

StevenO wrote:
I mentioned it in a message but I'd like to be able to actually rate Dynamic Duo pairs instead of seeing the average rating of the two pieces used.

You can actually do that.. & also shinja made the option to make dream teams that means making dream dynamic duo's too without faction restrictions. Basically when i build a squad it being dynamic duo i just put in the squad name DD: & whoever it is..
Also i just made a great dynamic duo of mixed factions because we had one of these tourney's at my lgs. It wasnt DCI league but we still did it.

I made it Darth Talon (56) & Obi Wan Kenobi Unleashed (44). Basically you send obi unleashed to do some damage keeping talon back gaining force points. & while he's doing damage the key is to get him killed to give talon the 8 fp's & motf2 so that now she can base anyone & not have to worry about Twin Attack or Double because when hit each time she can Force Bubble it twice a turn with MOTF 2.

but i understand what your saying, it would be cool to rate the DD's already made on that part of the site.. allthough i think you might be able to im not sure. But as for building them try what i said it works people will rate them & comment on them, Just make it 100 pt squad & or you can mix faction it.
Darth Percocet
Posted: Friday, July 24, 2009 1:15:46 PM

Robin wrote:
I just wanted to say that by far this is the best star wars miniatures site. I just think the only thing it needs is a better good and bad trader list. Maybe something like ebay where you get rated and you can see there percentage and comments about them.

I dunno, i think Chukafett has it covered pretty good. He has the GTL & BTL where you add your refs for people & he also has the GTL itself that keeps track of everyones refs & so forth. Also has perminate bad traders Highlighted in Bright Red & 90 Day Warning Bad Traders In Bright Orange.. But i think its pretty good & have no complaints on it. By the way thanx Chuck for them list.. very great of you to do that for us buddy..
Darth Percocet
Posted: Monday, July 27, 2009 11:47:48 AM

I just made a thread in the Trades & Bloomilk Suggestions & Problems forums about this.. Im gonna copy & paste my comment i left on the thread.

I would really love for people to comment on this issue to where maybe we can see some action on it.

I dont know about anyone else but i feel the people who give you a 1 on a squad that you take your time & think hard about a squad you built & dont leave a comment on it after they rate it a 1 because they are cowards that are basically just trying to get there squad up there & your squad out of the rating chase. Well I feel that anyone who leaves a Vote on a squad between 1 through 10 then they should have to leave a comment. Its really annoying to see your squad get 3 .. 1's & noone telling you why they feel it should be rated a 1.

I just think a simple have to leave a comment when you rate a squad would fix this problem because i've seen a few people who stopped making squads completely because of this problem & im really starting to consider not making squads public anymore. & i dont wanna do that because i want the input & idea's from others but i'd rather not be frustrated that to get idea's & stuff. When you make a squad you wanna see other peoples idea's & input to where you can make it better. & if it gets on one of the top 5 spots than thats good & you get a sense of achievent. But ghost 1'ers that just go on any squad they see & drop ones for no reason is corny anymore. So please Shinja, make it to where if you wanna rate a squad you have to leave a comment. I think this will solve this problem..
Del Muerte
Posted: Monday, July 27, 2009 12:16:44 PM

Ratings problems has always and will always be a problem. Forcing a comment won't fix it as people would either not rate it at all or worst leave a blank comment just taking up space. "Blank" comment would slow down loading times and make it harder to read all the comment etc.

Personally I would like a feature that when you rate for a squad, you rate all the squad with the exact same build by all users or at least have the opponent to do so(like a "vote all" button). To do this you have take away peoples vote when they change a squad already be rated their squads, which should happen anyways. I voted for the squad I saw not what they changed it to. A "unique" counter that tells you how many squads have the same build would also be cool. I know this could slow down the web or such so it may have to be a non default feature.
Darth Percocet
Posted: Monday, July 27, 2009 12:35:40 PM

Del Muerte wrote:
Ratings problems has always and will always be a problem. Forcing a comment won't fix it as people would either not rate it at all or worst leave a blank comment just taking up space. "Blank" comment would slow down loading times and make it harder to read all the comment etc.

Personally I would like a feature that when you rate for a squad, you rate all the squad with the exact same build by all users or at least have the opponent to do so(like a "vote all" button). To do this you have take away peoples vote when they change a squad already be rated their squads, which should happen anyways. I voted for the squad I saw not what they changed it to. A "unique" counter that tells you how many squads have the same build would also be cool. I know this could slow down the web or such so it may have to be a non default feature.

I dunno though, i think i would rather not get a vote on a squad rather than get a 1. I have enough people to where they just know my squads and rate them. I say if they will leave a blank comment then you know who it is that is rating you a one. Then on that there should be an option to where you may block any 1 user from looking at your squads. Because thats another problem on here is with someone not happy about a rating they got from someone & then they start arguing & talking uncalled for smack on tghat squads page. It would be cool to have an option that allows you to select the user you want to block from reading you comments & saving it.

Example like myspace, you can select a specific person from looking at your page on there if you type in there name. Something like that would i think save alot of fights & arguments, plus add it one with the idea i had above, would stop all the 1 ratings & would force these people to have to leave a comment & i think the 1 users dont wanna be reconized for doing it so i think it would stop. Anyone really interested in seeing squads leaves comments & rates so i dont think the ratings on squads would slow down at all...
jason1977
Posted: Monday, October 5, 2009 6:57:15 AM

Is it possible to add the Star Wars Minis ships to the Bloomilk site. Some of us probably like the ships for collecting if nothing else. Thanks.
Robin
Posted: Saturday, October 10, 2009 9:39:15 AM

I have a problem, some other guy by the name of ShAdOwTrOoPeR has supposably logged in on the smae computer as me. However i have no idea who this guy is. I have gone on bloomilk on computers in the library, so that might be it. However i was wondering if you could fix that Shinjia, thanks.
JFisto
Posted: Saturday, November 14, 2009 11:11:16 AM

Me too same as Robin, but i know the people their my friends brothers, but they haven't been to my house in years
EvilYeti
Posted: Sunday, November 15, 2009 9:06:54 AM

Shinja, this site is awesome!BlooMilk

I would love it if there were a system like there is for squads, for custom characters, instead of having to do it on the Forums.

I would like it if it were easier to update your haves. Because with trading, your collection is constantly changing

keep up the hard work and devotion to this site. ThumbsUp
SquelchDog
Posted: Tuesday, December 22, 2009 12:27:17 PM

Shinja

Thank you for all your hard work. BigGrin
EvilYeti
Posted: Tuesday, January 5, 2010 11:48:27 PM

I don't like how under synergy providers it has a ton of SAs (Draw Fire, Impulsive whatever, Heal 10, etc.). I would like it to have CEs and just the Synergy SA.

Keep up the hard work! ThumbsUp
Shoto Parry
Posted: Sunday, January 10, 2010 1:15:33 AM

Huh
RannKonnar
Posted: Sunday, March 14, 2010 9:40:03 AM

why u leave shinja? Sad
thereisnotry
Posted: Saturday, March 31, 2012 11:47:41 AM

Would it be possible to update the Squad Builder with the figs from V-Set 3? I use Bloo for all my squadbuilding needs now, and it's been a while since set 3 was released. Thanks very much!
jedispyder
Posted: Saturday, March 31, 2012 12:40:33 PM

thereisnotry wrote:
Would it be possible to update the Squad Builder with the figs from V-Set 3? I use Bloo for all my squadbuilding needs now, and it's been a while since set 3 was released. Thanks very much!

They are available in the Squad Builder. Is it possible you didn't add them to your collection and you are making squads only with pieces in your collection? Because they won't show up at that point.
thereisnotry
Posted: Friday, April 6, 2012 11:38:25 AM

It's available now. I'm not sure what the problem was, because I didn't change anything. In any case, I can use the new pieces for squad building, so I'm happy. :) Thanks.
knappskirata
Posted: Wednesday, September 5, 2012 2:19:14 PM

There should be a way to make squads using your custom characters
jak
Posted: Saturday, October 13, 2012 12:44:49 AM

RannKonnar wrote:
why u leave shinja? Sad

posted 3/14/10
jak
Posted: Saturday, October 13, 2012 12:46:33 AM

thereisnotry wrote:
posted3/31/12

me too, refering to vset4 now