RegisterDonateLogin

We would be honored, if you would join us for a glass of Bloo Milk.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

CCC Week 210 Dark Times Options
AndyHatton
Posted: Thursday, March 11, 2021 8:02:46 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator

19 years between Ep. 3 and 4 is a long time. The Dark Times. pick a character (unique or non-unique) from that era and create them!

1. The character must be canonical to either of the Canon or Legends continuities but must be from the chosen faction when required. They can have affinity, but the character must start in the chosen faction.

2. You may update any existing versions you already have and/or create a new one. You may update/create several versions of the character but you must ultimately select 1 you wish to run with. (this must be done by the schedule below)

3. Place a hyperlink in this forum to make it easier to find your character. You can just post the stats or image here but if changes are needed it would be easier (and save space) if you just used a Hyperlink (If you don't know how to post Hyperlinks in a forum setting please ask and we will help you. It's not hard )

4. Voting works as follows, pick your three favorite customs based on accuracy to the character, design, balance or whatever you decide makes the best incarnation of the challenge character. First place receives 3 points, 2nd place receives 2 points, and 3rd place receives 1 point.

5. You do not have to enter the contest in order to vote. But unless you enter you must have at least 10 forum posts.

6. To make things fair you must vote in order to win the contest. You must choose three characters entered in the contest and you may not rate or vote for your own character.

7. The winner will be decided by how many points they receive. Ties will be broken by most 1st place votes, then if still tied, 2nd place votes and then 3rd place votes. If still tied, then the outcome is a tie.

8. You may not change or update the entered character AFTER the deadline.

You will have until Sunday, March 14th, 2021 @8pm EST to get your submissions in. Anything submitted after this point will not be included in the voting.

Voting will start at 8pm Sunday evening and end at 11pm EST on Monday, March 15th, 2021.

At the conclusion of the voting the scores will be tallied and the winner will start a new topic with their choice of theme
AndyHatton
Posted: Thursday, March 11, 2021 9:16:30 AM

ArgonNaito
Posted: Thursday, March 11, 2021 11:38:21 AM
Groups: Member

Beyghor Sahdett

Because we saw a Verpine Jedi once and will never see one again.
Slirk
Posted: Friday, March 12, 2021 9:18:27 AM

adamb0nd
Posted: Friday, March 12, 2021 7:16:15 PM

http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/39409/kkruhk--jedi-guardian

In the dark times comics, Kkruhk escaped order 66 with a bunch of younglings and padawans. They crash landed on some forest planet and he fashioned himself a bow and protected those kids for a while. I forget what happens. I know he meets up w/ das jennir at some point. I need to go back and reread those.
General_Grievous
Posted: Sunday, March 14, 2021 1:09:40 PM

Dark Times has always classically made me think of the Coruscant Knights books, so here is my take on Jax Pavan the star of those books:

http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/39412/jax-pavan--investigator
AndyHatton
Posted: Monday, March 15, 2021 6:46:31 AM

lots of good options as always this week! Going to be very hard to rank once again.

1. adam--I've always like K'Khruk and I like this version a lot. Even without the thematic Padawan CE, he'd be fun in Rebels (plus K'Khruk in Rebels!)
2. ArgonNaito--I'm not familiar with this character, I must not have read that far into the Dark Times comic, but this is cool, clear, concise and I like it.
3. General_Grievous. A very interesting Jax who feels unique from what we've seen before. An an attack boost in Rebels is certainly needed!
4. Slirk -- another character I'm not familiar with, but he feels unique, subject to chance and the Force. He feels very high risk, but maybe not quite enough reward for his cost? the prospect of losing a 50 point commander, even on a save 9 is a heavy trade off. But that is just a thought and honestly he's really really neat.
Slirk
Posted: Monday, March 15, 2021 8:48:26 AM

Happy to see a lot of entries this week!

1) ArgonNaito... Beyghor Sahdett was really unique in the comics for being a Jedi that worked for the empire after Order 66. I liked this representation since he is really unknown.
2) adamb0nd... This K'Khruk is sweet, I imagine him having a bow like in the comics! Rebel Affinity allows for him to get a ton of buffs!
3)AndyHatton...I haven't played fallen order but this Cal Kestis looks like a lot of fun. It is interesting to see him get stronger when he has damage taken.
4) GG... I am not familiar with Jax Pavan but after reading his abilities it made me interested in the series! Plus his CE is useful for droids which is sweet.
FlyingArrow
Posted: Monday, March 15, 2021 10:15:26 AM

1. Argon
2. Slirk
3. Andy
ArgonNaito
Posted: Monday, March 15, 2021 11:16:24 AM

Hello. I am new here so thanks for having me. This place is really helpful for my tabletops games and my desire to put stats to things I see BigGrin . I wish I knew it earlier when I was still buying figures.

1. Andy
2. adam
3. Slirk

Sorry General. I haven't read the Coruscant Nights trilogy but I am intrigued to check it now that I am doing reruns on older series.
General_Grievous
Posted: Monday, March 15, 2021 12:59:50 PM

Argon, I really appreciate the simplicity and low cost utility of this piece even though I’m not to familiar with him.

Adam, yours is probably my favourite piece here based on my like of the character and how well it was executed. It may be a touch on the complex side but really great job.

Slirk, extra points for being the most original in your design though it may be a bit to complex. Only thing power side is that Aggregate Winnings is basically a kinder gentler Dark Temptation, maybe if it dealt 20 damage instead it may be more balanced. Love the gambler abilities though!

Andy, I loved the game and the character and I think you did an excellent job portraying Cal. I still would have liked to see BD-1 implemented with him but your reasons are sound. Only thing I’m not too sure of at second take is the traumatic force renewal when normal force renewal might be easier and still fitting.

Man hard to pick this week, also welcome to the new creators! Great first entry and hope to see you guys back in the following weeks! I rank them all fairly equal for different reasons but in the end I have to assign a ranking and for me personally it’s:

3rd, Slirk
2nd, Adam
1st, Argon
General_Grievous
Posted: Monday, March 15, 2021 5:16:28 PM

Looks like Argon narrowly beat out Adam for first place at 11 points if my count is correct. Well done Argon and solid job! Feel free to copy the first post and tweak it to post a new thread/challenge for next week
FlyingArrow
Posted: Monday, March 15, 2021 6:26:12 PM

adam hasn't voted yet. I think he still has some time. Of course, he can't vote for himself, but his vote could change things for someone else. (Not sure if anyone else is close enough - I didn't add it up.)
adamb0nd
Posted: Monday, March 15, 2021 6:53:34 PM

1 argon
2 gg
3 Andy
FlyingArrow
Posted: Monday, March 15, 2021 8:56:23 PM

Argon 14
adam 9
Andy 6

Argon wins it. You're up to create the next thread. Copy Andy's post above. Edit the dates and the topic for the next contest. Start a new thread. Congrats!
ArgonNaito
Posted: Tuesday, March 16, 2021 1:07:09 AM

Thanks guys.
I am caught a little bit by surprise since I didn't expected to take a win this early, but I'll think of something.
I will make the thread later.
AndyHatton
Posted: Tuesday, March 16, 2021 3:55:17 AM

Congrats, and welcome to the new folks!

If you need ideas or to see what has been done in the past, here is a list of CCC winners! http://www.bloomilk.com/Forums/default.aspx?g=posts&t=21907
ArgonNaito
Posted: Tuesday, March 16, 2021 5:13:11 AM

AndyHatton wrote:
Congrats, and welcome to the new folks!

If you need ideas or to see what has been done in the past, here is a list of CCC winners! http://www.bloomilk.com/Forums/default.aspx?g=posts&t=21907

Yes thank you Andy. I actually checked that list today before making my pick.
FlyingArrow
Posted: Thursday, March 18, 2021 11:55:52 AM

Incidentally, Argon voted before he had 10 posts. Is this the first time that clause from the rules has been applicable?

5. You do not have to enter the contest in order to vote. But unless you enter you must have at least 10 forum posts.
ArgonNaito
Posted: Thursday, March 18, 2021 12:50:52 PM

FlyingArrow wrote:
Incidentally, Argon voted before he had 10 posts. Is this the first time that clause from the rules has been applicable?

It says unless I enter I must have 10 posts to vote. Since I entered the contest that doesn't apply. Unless I translate it wrong.