RegisterDonateLogin

Is a political idealist, not a murderer.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Wizards Preview 4 Options
bountyhunter9
Posted: Tuesday, October 6, 2009 9:01:45 AM
Groups: Member

He is a decent shooter, but he just costs too much, IMO. I mean, the Reserves are cool, but unless you roll really lucky then your going to be stuck with this guy usingc Droid Mark on Mouse Droids (maybe not a bad idea...). To me, he's an okay shooter, but he'll die quickly at the front lines, unless he uses Droid Mark on a T1 and makes those Evade saves. All you have to do is base him with, say a towed Captain Rex, and there goes 43 points.

Sithborg wrote:
I mean, do you really want multiple Lancers being brought in over the course of a game?

Hmm, not sure what you mean here. Wat's Immediate Droid Reserves only bring in 20 points worth of characters, not 30. And a Lancer isn't as bad without GGDAC, if you're talking about Kazdan.
saeseetiin
Posted: Tuesday, October 6, 2009 9:02:16 AM

Sithborg wrote:
It is definately a comparable cost. You switch from a poor man's JWM into an okay shooter with Evade. Then, you have to factor in the support. Kaz is either Republic or Rebel, neither are exactly Droid factions. The Seps can make up for it by tossing in a Greivious AND starting some of the key droid boosters (namely, BDO and likely BDS). Add in that Immediate Droid Reserves adds up better with Seperatist Reserves than Republic Reserves (different numbers, better chance of getting Reserves), not to mention that Sep Reserves can be just like Droid Reserves in terms of what is brought in.

I mean, do you really want multiple Lancers being brought in over the course of a game?

He only has reserves 20 so a lancer cant be brought in .
Sithborg
Posted: Tuesday, October 6, 2009 9:07:09 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator, Rules Guy

That's the point, he CAN'T bring in the Lancer, whereas Kazdan can. He also can't bring in a Chameleon, Combat, or Octupara droid. If Kazdan can, it isn't a huge deal, because he doesn't have access to Grievii. Wat has access to all the fun Sep droid boosters he wants, without having to bring them in via Reserves, so when Reserves to come up, he can focus on bringing in the damage dealers rather than the boosters.

Look at what Wat brings and then what Kazdan, I think they are both appropriately costed.
saeseetiin
Posted: Tuesday, October 6, 2009 9:12:35 AM

Sithborg wrote:
That's the point, he CAN'T bring in the Lancer, whereas Kazdan can. He also can't bring in a Chameleon, Combat, or Octupara droid. If Kazdan can, it isn't a huge deal, because he doesn't have access to Grievii. Wat has access to all the fun Sep droid boosters he wants, without having to bring them in via Reserves, so when Reserves to come up, he can focus on bringing in the damage dealers rather than the boosters.

Look at what Wat brings and then what Kazdan, I think they are both appropriately costed.

I relly dont mind the cost I just think its a little hard to bring him into a sep squad for the 43 him and GGDAC is 100 and you know you want to get more CE for the sep so it really dont leave you much. Its a risk.
Sithfan
Posted: Tuesday, October 6, 2009 9:14:31 AM

Sithborg wrote:
Grievii

Lol, LOL that is an awesome term for multiples of General Grievous.
Sithfan
Posted: Tuesday, October 6, 2009 9:16:57 AM

saeseetiin wrote:
I relly dont mind the cost I just think its a little hard to bring him into a sep squad for the 43 him and GGDAC is 100 and you know you want to get more CE for the sep so it really dont leave you much. Its a risk.

You can also bring in those commanders when you roll a 1,5,10,15, or 20 for initiative with San Hill....
bountyhunter9
Posted: Tuesday, October 6, 2009 9:18:40 AM

saeseetiin wrote:
Sithborg wrote:

I agree. Him and GGDAC being 100 really only makes the combo valuable in higher (above 200) point values, where you will have enough shots at init to make him worthwhile. Also, do the Seps have cheap access to Recon? (other than Wat's Reserves, obviously). The fact that Kazdan has access to that AND Anticipation is huge.
saeseetiin
Posted: Tuesday, October 6, 2009 9:23:24 AM

[quote=

I agree. Him and GGDAC being 100 really only makes the combo valuable in higher (above 200) point values, where you will have enough shots at init to make him worthwhile. Also, do the Seps have cheap access to Recon? (other than Wat's Reserves, obviously). The fact that Kazdan has access to that AND Anticipation is huge.[/quote]

They can take Lobot CLO and Wat can bring in the Probe Droid.
Damore
Posted: Tuesday, October 6, 2009 9:41:22 AM

Wow, I never thought Wat would have Immediate Droid Reserves. I think if Seps get cheat/easy Recon then he will be priced right.
Sithfan
Posted: Tuesday, October 6, 2009 9:55:58 AM

Damore wrote:
Wow, I never thought Wat would have Immediate Droid Reserves. I think if Seps get cheat/easy Recon then he will be priced right.

8 points (7 with Gha Nacht) for a Probe Droid on your 1st Droid roll! I know you can't bring it in right away, but it'll get you going!
Mickey
Posted: Tuesday, October 6, 2009 10:23:28 AM

Is it just me or do all the clone troopers seem like they are missing some paint. They all seem too white.
adminsidious
Posted: Tuesday, October 6, 2009 10:30:55 AM

Mickey wrote:
Is it just me or do all the clone troopers seem like they are missing some paint. They all seem too white.

Shiney and new? :D
DarthJak
Posted: Tuesday, October 6, 2009 10:32:15 AM

For the extra points vs the old Wat the new one is a huge improvement.Huh
DarthJak
Posted: Tuesday, October 6, 2009 10:33:48 AM

adminsidious wrote:
Mickey wrote:

Shiney and new? :D

BLASTED SHINIES! you'll get us all killed!
saeseetiin
Posted: Tuesday, October 6, 2009 10:35:26 AM

DarthJak wrote:
For the extra points vs the old Wat the new one is a huge improvement.Huh

Well not unless you get the droids because the other wat you get for 15 points.
DarthJak
Posted: Tuesday, October 6, 2009 10:38:54 AM

Ask juice manAngry ,. I'll get those droids!LOL Laugh
carnorjax1
Posted: Tuesday, October 6, 2009 11:26:44 AM

wow! he is only slightly overcosted
Hydrowhip
Posted: Tuesday, October 6, 2009 11:33:40 AM

I really like this piece, and my hoarding has paid off. Now I can use the droids from other factions I've held onto even though I no longer collect their faction.

I think this is a great Wat, especially with Lobot CLO. Now we just need Whorm to give board-wide Shields 1 and Ion shielding with his Commander Effect. Drool

I think the 20 compared to Kaz's 30 was a good move considering all the new droids out there.
swmimperial130
Posted: Tuesday, October 6, 2009 11:35:32 AM

Hydrowhip wrote:
I really like this peice, and my hoarding has paid off. Now I can use the droids from other factions I've held onto even though I no longer collect their faction.

I think this is a great Wat, especially with Lobot CLO. Now we just need Whorm to give boardwide shields 1 and Ion shielding with his Commander Effect. Drool

SHHHH!!!!!!!!!!! The WotC Mini idea people are watching our posts.... wait... that's a good thing for me!!!!!!!!!!!
Volvagia14
Posted: Tuesday, October 6, 2009 12:04:20 PM

AdmiralAckbar wrote:
You did not post that Wat also has evade which will keep him in the game longer.

fixed. I don't know how I missed that Blushing