Will be with you always.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

One Less DCI Player.... Options
saeseetiin
Posted: Wednesday, October 21, 2009 7:26:17 AM
Groups: Member

graloth wrote:
MrSmileys wrote:

And you forget that the Emperor/Sidious was one of the most powerful sith lords to have ever lived.

NO stop rite there
no he wasn't
dont be making false statements unless your claiming
"1 of the top 100 most powerful"

Ofcorse he is thats how he takes over everything and thats how Lucas made him, the most powerful sith ever.
adminsidious
Posted: Wednesday, October 21, 2009 7:27:57 AM

graloth wrote:
MrSmileys wrote:

And you forget that the Emperor/Sidious was one of the most powerful sith lords to have ever lived.

NO stop rite there
no he wasn't

Technically speaking, it's wierd.

Lord Sidious, Empire of the Galaxy, was probably in the top 5 most powerful Sith Lords I'm aware of. (My EU knowledge only goes so far.)

That doesn't neccesarily reflect "raw" force powers.(though he did go toe to toe with Master Yoda, which isn't something suggested to a "slouch"). But it certainly does factor in the Imperial Navy, the Moff Council, etc, which was arguably part of his overall "power".

Thing is, he wasn't all "that" powerful when he executed order 66, he couldn't even have killed Mace on his own without Ani's help.

Sidious was, as his namesake leads, insidious, that was his real power, plotting and planning. I've said more than once that in the Star Wars galaxy, "having a plan" is the ultimate arbiter of success or failure.

Anyway, yea, my original point was that the Clones shot down the jedi masters in a very, very, short period of time. So the game reflecting this with ranged being a powerful tactic, doesn't bother me. (And I'm just getting ready to start playing DCI, so I guess Landshark and I balance out.)

On the other hand, ranged has ever been a solid tactic in mini's games, at least as long as I've been playing them.

In Closing, I do tend to agree that the negative "I"MMA QUIT THIS GAME!" posts are unnessary, and generally are bad for games. If you don't believe me, look at Wizkids market share drop when they started listening to the screaming fanboys about how they should stat their heroclix line.

*Edited this in.

Quote:

Ofcorse he is thats how he takes over everything and thats how Lucas made him, the most powerful sith ever.

Again, arguable. Based purely on the fact that he never mastered Plagueis' power over life. I'm not saying "I" feel one way or another, but you can straw man, and devils advocate which sith are most powerful through EU and FU for years, and it still boils down to "Batman Vs. Galactus" at the end of the day. BigGrin
MrSmileys
Posted: Wednesday, October 21, 2009 8:05:13 AM

graloth wrote:
MrSmileys wrote:

NO stop rite there
no he wasn't

No one can really say who is or who is not in the Top 10 most powerful sith lords.

IMO The most powerful sith lord to have ever lived we dont even know the name of, they just refer to him as The Sith Emperor.

And when i say power i dont mean force power or combat power. I mean the amount of overall power the lord accumulated. Technically Sidious had the power to destroy planets, yes it was through a technological marvel, but he was the one who planned it out and was in control of it.

But again we are getting into the realms of the "My star wars is better then yours" argument.
adminsidious
Posted: Wednesday, October 21, 2009 8:09:14 AM

Heart
MrSmileys wrote:
graloth wrote:
MrSmileys wrote:

NO stop rite there
no he wasn't

No one can really say who is or who is not in the Top 10 most powerful sith lords.

IMO The most powerful sith lord to have ever lived we dont even know the name of, they just refer to him as The Sith Emperor.

And when i say power i dont mean force power or combat power. I mean the amount of overall power the lord accumulated. Technically Sidious had the power to destroy planets, yes it was through a technological marvel, but he was the one who planned it out and was in control of it.

But again we are getting into the realms of the "My star wars is better then yours" argument.

Totally.

I haven't even gotten into my favorite Sith Lord yet, who is, amusingly enough, Darth Wyrlock.

I
graloth
Posted: Wednesday, October 21, 2009 8:28:27 AM

okay here we go
for thousands of years knowledge has been lost
the sith have pretty must forgot how to create sith artifacts
and the jedi have gotten weaker "loss of history they dont train in fighting techniques as much what ever it is there not as good as they were"
both sides basically have become weak wimmpie versions of them selfs.
but because they made movies and tv. they make these bad "jedi" and "sith"
look and seem powerful because thats who we all grew up with
gusss what. there no good sorry to take them all off this pedestal u all put them on.
but real sith dont use politics
real jedi dont fight wars
real jedi arnt called generals
imyurhukaberry
Posted: Wednesday, October 21, 2009 8:38:00 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator

This thread can now be renamed: One Less Sith Lord...
Wink
MrSmileys
Posted: Wednesday, October 21, 2009 9:07:23 AM

graloth wrote:
okay here we go
and the jedi have gotten weaker "loss of history they dont train in fighting techniques as much what ever it is there not as good as they were"
gusss what. there no good sorry to take them all off this pedestal u all put them on.

Again, We are at the "My Star Wars is better then yours" Argument.

I agree with you that the Sith and Jedi lost a lot of knowledge over the centuries. But if you want to talk about "real sith" technically the Jedi never fought the real sith and none of the powerful sith lords are "real sith".

And as for the facts behind this statement i present you a Wookieepedia article:

Real Sith
billiv15
Posted: Wednesday, October 21, 2009 10:46:50 AM

Mandalore Da Beast wrote:
regardless if a site is private or not, all of us have the freedoms to write what we see fit,
No you don't, and neither do I. Private forums are not protected by the First Amendment. That is a legal fact. They are controlled by the owner, and Shinja is responsible for its content, and can in fact be sued over it if something were to go wrong.

if you have a negative opinion, keep it to yourself.
Lol, take your own advice. I'm actually here challenging a negative opinion....

alot of this negative stuff that comes out of you Bill needs to stop.
Yeah, that's just not true either.

its almost like you want to pick fights with people so you can get the Mods involved. its childish and petty, and im speaking from experience when it comes to you.
Again, not true. Those who know my issues with WotC modding over the years will contend that actually the exact opposite is in fact true of me. Clearly you are reading something other than what I am typing into my posts that isn't there.

The kid is frustrated with what is happening with the game, and i can see where he is coming from.
instead of ridiculing him for what he posts, why not try to help him out?
I did. 2 Months ago when he made a similar rant on gamers. After several of us consoled him, and talked him off the proverbial ledge, he changed his tune. Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me. This would be twice.

is it really necessary to be rude to people when they type things that you dont agree with?
Since when are stating facts rude? I'm sorry, I missed that memo. You need to get over yourself and thinking that I am attacking you or anyone. Your own emotional responses are clouding your reading of my posts, and you are attributing emotion to mine that just isn't present. The guy lied. I'm sorry you find it offensive to challenge those lies, but I won't be apologizing for that any time soon.

this isnt a place where people can come on here and flame others, this is a place for SW MINIATURES, and the discussions that follow, regardless of what the out come is.
my suggestion is to not post after people whom you disagree with, because you seem to bring drama with your postings.
Wow, says the guy who compared me to the Nazis for asking politely for him to talk about Minis, not music.... Oh the irony.
carnorjax1
Posted: Wednesday, October 21, 2009 10:47:15 AM

Landshark's opinion on the game is his own, and i'm not quite sure how freedom of speech works, but last I heard, everyone is entitled to their own opinion. And for those of you who patrol threads, looking to clamp down on anyone who has a comment that could be interpreted as negative, maybe ease off a little. You can't change everyone's opinion to positive.
Jediabiwan
Posted: Wednesday, October 21, 2009 10:56:34 AM

MrSmileys wrote:
graloth wrote:
okay here we go

Again, We are at the "My Star Wars is better then yours" Argument.

I agree with you that the Sith and Jedi lost a lot of knowledge over the centuries. But if you want to talk about "real sith" technically the Jedi never fought the real sith and none of the powerful sith lords are "real sith".

And as for the facts behind this statement i present you a Wookieepedia article:

Real Sith

Well sure the jedi fought the "real sith"; they basically wiped them out in the great hyperspace war. And plenty of powerful sith were "real sith" like naga sadow or marka ragnos. They may not have been pure "real sith", but they were still "real sith". Also the sith emperor is a "real sith" or "true sith" as they are more commonly called. As for most powerful sith, I think Darth Bane was the most powerful; though Palpatine is probably in the top 20.
DarthJoe8
Posted: Wednesday, October 21, 2009 11:06:09 AM

adminsidious wrote:

Technically speaking, it's wierd.

Lord Sidious, Empire of the Galaxy, was probably in the top 5 most powerful Sith Lords I'm aware of. (My EU knowledge only goes so far.)

That doesn't neccesarily reflect "raw" force powers.(though he did go toe to toe with Master Yoda, which isn't something suggested to a "slouch"). Thing is, he wasn't all "that" powerful when he executed order 66, he couldn't even have killed Mace on his own without Ani's help.

The thing is is that he did defeat Mace, he was playing opossum in order to get Ani to fall...and Yoda ran out right from the fight because he knew he couldn't beat him, mind you this is after Sid already fought Mace, Kit, Agen, and darn, drawing a blank...lol

Quote:
Sidious was, as his namesake leads, insidious, that was his real power, plotting and planning. I've said more than once that in the Star Wars galaxy, "having a plan" is the ultimate arbiter of success or failure.

He was "smarter" than all those so called Jedi Masters....LOL

Quote:
*Edited this in.

Quote:

Again, arguable. Based purely on the fact that he never mastered Plagueis' power over life. I'm not saying "I" feel one way or another, but you can straw man, and devils advocate which sith are most powerful through EU and FU for years, and it still boils down to "Batman Vs. Galactus" at the end of the day. BigGrin

He did in fact create clones of himself so he could transfer his "life force" into them and therfore, live forever....I think he learned a thing or two from his Master, considering that Plagueis wasn't able to do what Sid did, I'd say that Sid was better by far...Cool
saeseetiin
Posted: Wednesday, October 21, 2009 11:10:26 AM

Sid already fought Mace, Kit, Agen, and darn, drawing a blank...lol

I think its Saesee Tiin.BigGrin
DarthJoe8
Posted: Wednesday, October 21, 2009 11:24:25 AM

saeseetiin wrote:

lol, Thanks!!!Cool He fights 4 Jedi Masters, beating them all, then fights Master Yoda to the point where Yoda runs....LOL He is at least top 5!! ThumpUp
Yames2.0
Posted: Wednesday, October 21, 2009 11:26:33 AM

DarthJoe8 wrote:
saeseetiin wrote:

lol, Thanks!!!Cool He fights 4 Jedi Masters, beating them all, then fights Master Yoda to the point where Yoda runs....LOL He is at least top 5!! ThumpUp

but the top number one most powerful thing in the sw unviers is by far the FORCE ThumpUp
Mandalore Da Beast
Posted: Wednesday, October 21, 2009 11:26:53 AM

Mace would have killed Sidious if Anakin didnt step in.
i dont see Sid in my top 5, maybe 10th.
Yames2.0
Posted: Wednesday, October 21, 2009 11:31:00 AM

i dont know he may of made it look like he was losing cuz of aniken but none of us can realy know save george lucas.... hmm if only we could ask him
adminsidious
Posted: Wednesday, October 21, 2009 11:36:50 AM

DarthJoe8 wrote:

The thing is is that he did defeat Mace, he was playing opossum in order to get Ani to fall

I think that's pretty highly debateable.

To the point where I don't want to, because it leads to circular arguments and bad feelings and such.

That said, you do make some very good points Joe, but with no verifiable proof(not that my interp is in any way more correct, mind you), and no writer/director to call it, we're pretty much stuck going round in circles on how that fight went down.

Of course, there's also the question of Ani's destiny in that fight also..(and more circular diatribe to come from there.)

DarthJoe8
Posted: Wednesday, October 21, 2009 11:37:50 AM

How can people not watch that scene and see that it was a set up. Sid springs up and boasts "POWER LIMITLESS POWER" as he procedes to fry Mace.

He had to look weak in front of Ani...remember Sid laying there saying "please, please I'm dying" (or something like that) pleading for his life...Mace was at that point about to commit murder...remember, "that's not the Jedi way"....lol even tho Ani did exactly the same thing to Dooku...ThumbsUp great stuff!!
mercenary_moose
Posted: Wednesday, October 21, 2009 11:40:12 AM

If you want a way out of the competitive-game mess, just find an LGS that only plays casual matches or go on VASSAL and only accept "friendly" games. Those are the first two suggestions off the top of my head.
DarthJoe8
Posted: Wednesday, October 21, 2009 11:43:14 AM

adminsidious wrote:
DarthJoe8 wrote:

The thing is is that he did defeat Mace, he was playing opossum in order to get Ani to fall

I think that's pretty highly debateable.

To the point where I don't want to, because it leads to circular arguments and bad feelings and such.

Good point!! No hard feelings, its just a movie!!ThumpUp I still say it was all part of his master plan tho, he didn't come that far only to lose it to the likes of Mace and the others because Ani ratted him out....that would just be silly.