RegisterDonateLogin

Even Master Yoda doesn't have a midi-chlorian count this high!

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

One Less DCI Player.... Options
DarthJoe8
Posted: Wednesday, October 21, 2009 11:45:35 AM
Groups: Member

mercenary_moose wrote:
If you want a way out of the competitive-game mess, just find an LGS that only plays casual matches or go on VASSAL and only accept "friendly" games. Those are the first two suggestions off the top of my head.

LOL Oh right, the point of this thread. I agree with this. You can make competitive squads without playing competitivly. Or just take a break and play some fun stuff that you've been wanting to play...If it's not fun then why bother is what I say!!Cool
adminsidious
Posted: Wednesday, October 21, 2009 11:49:10 AM

DarthJoe8 wrote:
adminsidious wrote:
DarthJoe8 wrote:

The thing is is that he did defeat Mace, he was playing opossum in order to get Ani to fall

I think that's pretty highly debateable.

To the point where I don't want to, because it leads to circular arguments and bad feelings and such.

Good point!! No hard feelings, its just a movie!!ThumpUp I still say it was all part of his master plan tho, he didn't come that far only to lose it to the likes of Mace and the others because Ani ratted him out....that would just be silly.

ThumbsUp

I think, and admittedly, this may be a stretch, but it's one of the few places I let EU effect my thinking of the movies in a major way, but, I think Sid did make short work of Fisto and the gang(who were not Jedi masters, mind you) then hit a wall he didn't expect when it came to Mace "I may already be tainted by the darkside" "Vapaad" "Sam Mofo Jackson" Windu. Who was the first person we'd seen (to borrow RPG turns) Rebuke, force lightning in such a way that it mattered. Turning it straight back onto palpatine. (For whatever reason, I seriously don't think Palp's meant to deform himself, he just adapted the situation to his needs, Xanatos speed chess style.)

I always took "The Power!" to be Sidious surging with Dark Side energy again, after turning Ani, essentially. He was powerful then, but Ani's destiny, and the events at hand, conspired to make the already formidable Darth Sidious, into the most powerful force user in the galaxy for a time.

If you really want to get Technical, Yoda was winning until he took that 100+ foot drop onto his spine, a point where most people would make their retreat, lol.
saeseetiin
Posted: Wednesday, October 21, 2009 11:53:39 AM

All of the Jedi Sid fights in that scene are masters.
adminsidious
Posted: Wednesday, October 21, 2009 11:55:23 AM

saeseetiin wrote:

Was Fisto on the Council? I was under the impression he was only a Master insofar as he had Padawan. There's two entirely diffrent "Master" titles in the order.

Heck, maybe more.
DarthJoe8
Posted: Wednesday, October 21, 2009 12:06:32 PM

adminsidious wrote:
saeseetiin wrote:

Was Fisto on the Council? I was under the impression he was only a Master insofar as he had Padawan. There's two entirely diffrent "Master" titles in the order.

Heck, maybe more.

They were all Masters, thats what Anikan was all pissed off about. He was being placed on the council without the title of Master...he says to Obi, (?)"How can you be on the council without being a Master"??
Doogle126
Posted: Wednesday, October 21, 2009 12:23:04 PM

lolz, just close this post, to me it seems to be very very argumenttive, sheesh, 4 pages in less than a day! lolz
Jonnyb815
Posted: Wednesday, October 21, 2009 12:27:31 PM

wow I for got what the thread was even about..............
Yames2.0
Posted: Wednesday, October 21, 2009 12:35:28 PM

Jonnyb815 wrote:

mission successful lol
Mandalore Da Beast
Posted: Wednesday, October 21, 2009 1:24:48 PM

Yames2.0 wrote:
Jonnyb815 wrote:

mission successful lol

good job!ThumbsUp

Im sorry, but Mace had Palps number from the drop.
has anyone read the darth Bane Books by Drew Kyrpshan (however you spell it....), in "The Rule of Two", at the end, he deep fries himself in his own Lightning (yes, he did have the orbalisks on his skin, and apparently they "couldnt" be killed.)
but he almost dies.
palps was a very cunning sith lord, as far as tactics go anyway. He didnt know Ani was going to show up, and if Ani Didnt show up, Sid woulda been Toast....literally.
i dont think he had the constitution to to stay alive much longer while Mace "In YO Face" Windu was hitting him with his own lightning.
it seems to me in SW, the most damage sith do with their Lightning, they due unto themselves.
Eroschilles
Posted: Wednesday, October 21, 2009 1:46:38 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

I think Sidious' whole thing was the Xanatos trap. He put alot of faith in Ani and his own plans, risking all to gain a little. It worked out in the end for him, but alot of things were close calls, especially in Ep. III.
DarthJoe8
Posted: Wednesday, October 21, 2009 1:47:45 PM

I don't really believe that Palps is going to fry himself to death. If it was truly hurting, hurting to the point that it's going to kill him, I think he would stop, allow Mace to "arrest" him and then use his political clout to have the charges dropped and implicate the Jedi in the senate.

Sid committing suicide???LOL

EDIT:

Sid needed Ani to see what the Jedi were "really" about, about them being power hungry, corrupt etc.... Remember, when Mace decides that its to dangerous to keep him alive, Ani says "you can't" the Jedi don't do that. Murder!! Then he says "I need him" and thats when Mace goes to deliver a "final" blow and ANi cuts the arm off yadda yadda yadda....ThumpUp
adminsidious
Posted: Wednesday, October 21, 2009 1:56:06 PM

As a contrary viepoint to Sid (and his students) being mildly suicidal, I'd like to point out the fighting style, or Ani, and Darth Maul.

Anakin knew full well what happens when you try and jump over Obi-Wan. You get split in half. It certainly didn't stop him from giving it the old college try. (As well as that worked out for him.)

I tend to look at it like "The Jedi's vision gets clouded by the dark side" "The sith vision gets clouded by internal rage"

S'why the Jensarrai are better anyway.(this is a joke.)
Mandalore Da Beast
Posted: Wednesday, October 21, 2009 3:53:08 PM

LOL
Doogle126
Posted: Wednesday, October 21, 2009 4:57:06 PM

why is everything a repost of a repost for some reason? BlooMilk
i mean, cant you guys stay on topic for a little while, we are supposed to be fighting for no apparent reason. Sheesh, figure it out, quit making friends Razz
Mandalore Da Beast
Posted: Wednesday, October 21, 2009 5:27:12 PM

*Straps Dynamite to himself* ok, lets go.
carnorjax1
Posted: Thursday, October 22, 2009 2:00:11 PM

Mandalore Da Beast wrote:

Nom Anor, Keldor bounty hunter, you two got my back. LOL
Mandalore Da Beast
Posted: Thursday, October 22, 2009 2:09:54 PM

carnorjax1 wrote:
Mandalore Da Beast wrote:

Nom Anor, Keldor bounty hunter, you two got my back. LOL

toss in some ewok scouts and you have a deal.
dalibins
Posted: Sunday, October 25, 2009 1:32:55 PM

I don't understand the sentiment that landshark's opinion is somehow endangering the future of SWMs. What he put forth isn't all that negative in the first place. Do you really think his opinion was violating the terms of agreement for this board? come onnnnnnnnnnnn...