RegisterDonateLogin

More cost effective than Chewbacca, Rebel Hero.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Master Fisto? Options
Topher_Champion_Of_The_Force
Posted: Sunday, November 1, 2009 5:25:15 AM
Groups: Member

dnemiller wrote:
Topher_Champion_Of_The_Force wrote:
ok everybody, you're all allowed to voice your opinion,
and everybody has their own opinion, and i think that
miller, you can safely assume that weaver doesn't want
to waste anymore time on Fisto and you can play Fisto as
much as you want, you can play him to your hearts content.
but i personally think that 60 pionts could be much better spent.
whatever your opinion is, you can tell me on this post, and if guys
want to argue,(as long as it doesn't get too heated) they can.
when people argue, you get down to some kind of resolution, and
that's a good thing, not that arguing is neccesarily a good thing.
i have to admit though miller, i'd like to see the results of a game
with Fisto vs........whatever.

well being as I am the one that keeps getting called out despite the fact I did not resort to name calling I will say this.

I am sure you can run Kit Fisto sucessfully. My 15 year old went 3-1 with him at our LGS last week. So I am pretty sure that I think I can handle him.

dude, i wasn't trying to be offensive with that last sentance, i just meant
i would be INTERESTED in the results of so Fisto games. i wasn't "calling
you out", or at least i wasn't trying to. sorry if it came across that way.
Partof1
Posted: Sunday, November 1, 2009 5:26:23 AM

Please keep in mind, this is a game, and for the next however-many months, it shouldn't even really be a competitive game, rather, a fun one. Sure, if you enjoy running back and forth, and rolling a die 4 times, then Rex is your guy, but in my mind, there is little that more fun than charging (in cover, mind you) a green, dual lightsaber wielding Jedi at your Rex/Cad/Dash/other excessively easy to use piece.
dnemiller
Posted: Sunday, November 1, 2009 5:35:59 AM

@Topher

I am not mad at you. It is just over the years I generally get the joy of being called names and then somehow I am the bad guy for being called a name. I just wanted it to be clear that I thought we were just having a good spirited debate prior to the name calling. I agree that playing that would be fun.
maverick
Posted: Sunday, November 1, 2009 5:36:17 AM

Kit reminds me of how the game used to be. Not an overpowered God piece that takes minimal thought to run.
Topher_Champion_Of_The_Force
Posted: Sunday, November 1, 2009 5:43:26 AM

it's clear we have some (correct my spelling if it's wrong here)
"finness" players here who like beating the crap out of over-used
pieces with an unsuspecting squad.
TK-4334
Posted: Sunday, November 1, 2009 7:18:53 AM

Partof1 wrote:
Please keep in mind, this is a game, and for the next however-many months, it shouldn't even really be a competitive game, rather, a fun one. Sure, if you enjoy running back and forth, and rolling a die 4 times, then Rex is your guy, but in my mind, there is little that more fun than charging (in cover, mind you) a green, dual lightsaber wielding Jedi at your Rex/Cad/Dash/other excessively easy to use piece.

sure its a game, but i play dci because i want to win. if i play for fun there is no need to ask me if a char is worth his cost or not.
carnorjax1
Posted: Sunday, November 1, 2009 10:34:01 AM

How are you construing being called petulant "name calling".!? It is an adjective, not a "name". Weaver has already said he does not wish to press the issue, so stop trying to turn this thread into a flame war. sheesh.
Doogle126
Posted: Sunday, November 1, 2009 10:39:19 AM

I smell a troll
OM NOM NOM NOM
OMG! dont feed it!
dnemiller
Posted: Sunday, November 1, 2009 10:44:27 AM

carnorjax1 wrote:
How are you construing being called petulant "name calling".!? It is an adjective, not a "name". Weaver has already said he does not wish to press the issue, so stop trying to turn this thread into a flame war. sheesh.

Sure I know it is my fault. I thought the forum was for debating ideas. Adjectives are quite often used in being rude. This was definately all on me for ever ever responding to a thread. The more I have posted here the clearer it has become that I am not welcome here.
Doogle126
Posted: Sunday, November 1, 2009 10:45:59 AM

A high quality insult! dont see many of those any more! You should be flattered he spent the time to look up that word online Flapper
Darth_Decronus
Posted: Sunday, November 1, 2009 10:50:38 AM

no one is flaming here. all I have seen are counterpoints by miller and weaver's refusal to accept them. In my opinion Fisto is an exellent piece. ironicly enough I've found him usful with rex
Doogle126
Posted: Sunday, November 1, 2009 10:55:46 AM

its an ok piece, but i wouldn't use him in a competitive game
(I also think weaver is right. In my opinion your opinion is wrong Confused)
Then ppl do this: Cursing Cursing Cursing at me Flapper
Draconarius
Posted: Sunday, November 1, 2009 11:14:46 AM

dnemiller wrote:
So you are saying that if I could surpirse move Kit to base Cad Bane after winning init he would not be worth his 60 points???

Okay, I don't mean to start another argument here, but I must ask: What on earth is my Cad doing within 6 squares of Kit pre-initiative without Thrawn? Only a fool would dare risk his squad's biggest hitter going down in one move like that.

(DISCLAIMER: Not to say that risking huge damage on an initiative win is always a bad thing. Just not when your piece dies with no gain if you lose)
dnemiller
Posted: Sunday, November 1, 2009 11:24:22 AM

Draconarius wrote:
dnemiller wrote:
So you are saying that if I could surpirse move Kit to base Cad Bane after winning init he would not be worth his 60 points???

Okay, I don't mean to start another argument here, but I must ask: What on earth is my Cad doing within 6 squares of Kit pre-initiative without Thrawn? Only a fool would dare risk his squad's biggest hitter going down in one move like that.

(DISCLAIMER: Not to say that risking huge damage on an initiative win is always a bad thing. Just not when your piece dies with no gain if you lose)

Well I was not aware that Cad can only be played with Thrawn.... that is news to me. I promise you I can get Kit within 6 of anyone on the board I want to. All I can say is if you dont believe me ask aorund or jump on vassal. Melee run correctly is not only good but can be much more devastating that=n Ranged pieces.
Doogle126
Posted: Sunday, November 1, 2009 11:33:30 AM

Once again all I hear is:
I'M BEING SHORT, RUDE, AND SARCASTIC WITH EVERYBODY CUZ I CAN!!
Capin_ahab
Posted: Sunday, November 1, 2009 11:52:53 AM

Once i can get Vassal working i might have to jump on and give Dean a game to test it out. I really don't have too much of an opinion on Kit yet, but a game against one of the best players might form one.
Jonnyb815
Posted: Sunday, November 1, 2009 12:15:13 PM

Kit just costs too much for what he does for Me. He can be good with more movement or teamed up with Gen Skywalker could be crazy. I pulled him in my sealed event went 3-1 lost to Tim with Asajj and Obi. My support for Kit was a LR,r7,a senate Commando,ARF trooper and some stuff. He is good just for me costs too much to run. Surprise move with double twin could be nasty. Run him with the new Obi then he can do 130 with Surprise move. I just feel there is something missing from kit. I will play him but feel for 60 points he is a little much.
Draconarius
Posted: Sunday, November 1, 2009 2:33:43 PM

dnemiller wrote:
Draconarius wrote:
dnemiller wrote:

Well I was not aware that Cad can only be played with Thrawn.... that is news to me. I promise you I can get Kit within 6 of anyone on the board I want to. All I can say is if you dont believe me ask aorund or jump on vassal. Melee run correctly is not only good but can be much more devastating that=n Ranged pieces.

Sheesh. I try to ask why you're assuming your opponent can't position pieces as well as you can and you respond by being condescending. Real nice. Glare

Nowhere did I say that Cad can only be played with Thrawn. I meant that without Thrawn, it'd be stupid to risk your biggest hitter on a single roll of the die. Having Thrawn makes it more practical to move within 6 given you are 95% likely to win initiative. Without Thrawn, I'm keeping Cad more than 6 from Kit and behind the Exile/Jarael/whichever Melee interference/commander piece I happen to be using.

And I never said Melee can't be devastating. You are right; they certainly can. I was asking why you think your opponent would be completely incapable of positioning their pieces. You can do it, why can't they?
billiv15
Posted: Sunday, November 1, 2009 2:50:05 PM

Draconarius wrote:
Without Thrawn, I'm keeping Cad more than 6 from Kit and behind the Exile/Jarael/whichever Melee interference/commander piece I happen to be using.

And I never said Melee can't be devastating. You are right; they certainly can. I was asking why you think your opponent would be completely incapable of positioning their pieces. You can do it, why can't they?

I could give you countless ways that I could overcome your attempt to stay out of range. But the problem is, most people just always function on best case scenarios and ignore how the games will play out. No one, not me, not Dean, not you can keep Cad or any figure more than 6 away at all times. Sometimes your fodder will die to quickly, sometimes you will have to swap in too close, sometimes you have to activate Cad or whatever, early in the round for a key shot, etc. As an opponent, there are ways to make all of the above happen as well, with furthers the reality.

As for the suggestion that "Exile/Jarael" are enough to protect Cad, well first off, that's a laugh. In this hypothetical situation, neither of those two represents a major threat that would merit ignoring Cad. Further, you guys need to consider Kit in a squad as well, not as a solo piece. So far, the logic I've seen from you, is comparing a 60pt solo Kit Fisto vs a 54pt Cad with 30-50pts of support. Well duh, Cad wins, he's got 30-50 more points, and you've given him some of the best in the game (Thrawn, Exile, Jarael).

But what happens when we look at Republic options for Kit, and start adding in Panaka, R2, Flobi, Yodabuck, Rex, and so on. With a Yoda, Panaka, Kit squad, I would love to see you keep Cad safe in any of the squads you mentioned. It just isn't going to happen. With a Kit Flobi swap squad, well, kill Kit if you want to, and will need to, but you aren't going to get OBi down in that time. And with double surprise movers, you better believe I can catch up.

Further, you ignore the range of this piece. For example, on round 1 alone, Kit starts at square 4 and gets towed 12 by R2. He then runs another 12. That puts him well past Gambit if you need to. Next turn, surprise move another 6, move 6-8 and attack. That's basically 36-38 squares with one force point, and one round. Assuming now that my squad perhaps has other tricks as well, and I think you will start to see the potencial power here.

Finally, you guys are using different terms here, and that makes a difference. Some of you are talking about top level play, and doing so wrongly. Kit is definately a competitive piece by my estimation (which is what you are arguing when you say you won't play him in DCI). Whether or not he is a piece worthy of a Gencon championship is an entirely different question, and the answer is not based on Kit's stats alone. There are plenty of other issues that have to be considered, that I am sure most of you are not even talking about.

Point is, he's a very strong piece that can be nasty.
Hydrowhip
Posted: Sunday, November 1, 2009 3:50:27 PM

What about...

JM Kit Fisto
Padme Amidala, Senator
R2 - Atromech
Mas Amedda

Any good at 100 pts? I know its low on activations and Padme's the only shooter. However, tow cable and Surprise move combined with Padme's board-wide CE? Decent?