RegisterDonateLogin

How you get so big, drinking Milk of this kind?

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Master Fisto? Options
Mandalore Da Beast
Posted: Sunday, November 1, 2009 3:51:51 PM
Groups: Member

not bad for 100 points at all.
headache62
Posted: Sunday, November 1, 2009 4:08:20 PM

Hydrowhip wrote:
What about...

JM Kit Fisto
Padme Amidala, Senator
R2 - Atromech
Mas Amedda

Any good at 100 pts? I know its low on activations and Padme's the only shooter. However, tow cable and Surprise move combined with Padme's board-wide CE? Decent?

It ups Kit's damage output, which is always good. It would also make a great base for a 150/200 point squad.
Capin_ahab
Posted: Monday, November 2, 2009 12:31:39 AM

Hydrowhip wrote:
What about...

JM Kit Fisto
Padme Amidala, Senator
R2 - Atromech
Mas Amedda

Any good at 100 pts? I know its low on activations and Padme's the only shooter. However, tow cable and Surprise move combined with Padme's board-wide CE? Decent?

I would drop Mas for a mouse and a camasi.
Yames2.0
Posted: Monday, November 2, 2009 1:30:28 AM

fisto has some decent damge potetial i thought he sucked till i pulled him in a a draft with flobi,r7 and a arf trooper and went 4-0 he can hit hard and surprise move helps him stay alive i still think hes a bit over costed and you can usaly play something else thats just as good and/or benfit the rest of your team for the same price but he does deserve a bit of attention.
Jonnyb815
Posted: Monday, November 2, 2009 2:00:14 AM

Kit costs to much for 60 points but what I didnt say is with the right support he is worth his points lets look a little deeper.

We are talking about the Republic right?
They can get anywhere on any map even on turn one if they want
Dark woman,Panaka,R2 am and he does have suprise move

Help for Kit
Gen Skywalker,Padme snow,FLObi,GMY,Commander Ashoka.

Yodabuck too is not bad with Kit since Kit is all about taking big shooters/mid beats Yodabuck can take out the filler.

The Republic has good Support shooters too
Senate commandos,clones and Rex.
(I didnt hit all the support he can have but the main ones I think were said)

So to say that Kit cant get cad Bane because of Cads support is crazy. Unless you have Disruptive its really hard to be safe from the speed of the Republic. Even with Disruptive its still hard to hide.
Even one on one kit should be able to do ok vs Cade with surprise move and placement.

He does cost 60 points but he has great support to make him worth the 60 points. By himself I dont think he is worth the 60 but with the right support I would say yes.

Kit has Double/Twin with suprise move if you can tell me another piece in the republic that can do the same things that kit can do for 60 points tell me.

He does have surprise move with double Twin. There are so many figures with 90 hps or less(rex,han smugger,cad bane,dash). Yes he is only killing half his points worth with the right movement and placement he will be worth the kills.
IF he is with FLobi that is 130 with surprise move.70 damage on the move with Gen Skywalker. With Gen skywalker you can tow kit 12 with r2 and them move him 6 more. thats 18 squares for 70 damage without the swap or suprise move.

Kit with support has crazy movement for good damage. With all the movement he can get he should be able to use his style if played right. If you can swap or move him into range of 3 enemy guys he will be a 24 def and 28 in cover. The only thing I dont like is the 11 attack for 60 points but other than that.

Kit doesnt look like much on paper but with the right support he is worth it.The Republic Commanders are better attackers than other factions. So he cost 60 points but the help/commanders can be good attackers to. The Exile and Thrawn cant do that.

Darth_Decronus
Posted: Monday, November 2, 2009 2:57:46 AM

well saidThumbsUp
joelker41
Posted: Monday, November 2, 2009 3:39:33 AM

Doogle126 wrote:
Once again all I hear is:
I'M BEING SHORT, RUDE, AND SARCASTIC WITH EVERYBODY CUZ I CAN!!

And I have yet to read from you anything that contributes to this discussion, commenting on someone's tone in a TYPED message is ludicrous. If you don't have apost regarding the topic at hand (which believe it or not Dean's posts ARE all on topic) then please refrain from trying to be the Bloomilk version of Dr Phil.

Thanks.

Anywho.

I believe Kit would be a competitive piece if it wasn't for his attack value. The ability to kill the Snowspeeder in one activation is great, but odds are it won't happen at only a +11, even at +15 for Shii Cho there are dozens of figures he couldn't hit consistently.

I don't have an issue with his defensive stats or damage output, all I wish was different on him was say a +13 attack and maybe 1 more FP with either Block or LS Defense so he wouldn't get annihilated by guys like Vader SotJ, GMLS, heck even Ulic Qel Droma and Malak DlotS would give him fits and they are around/lower than his cost.

Of course the Republic and Kit himself have ways to raise his AV some but it would be more support in a squad that is already mostly support for him in 150, and in 200 there is a significant amount of firepower than can almost one-shot him like LV, cad/rex + opportunist in an Imp squad, etc.

Fun piece and can be dangerous and I under stand the point dean is making about concealment, but my issue isn't the defenses it's the odds of hitting stuff.
Mandalore Da Beast
Posted: Monday, November 2, 2009 4:59:39 AM

agreed.
and Shii choo isnt enough, its a great ability, but to pull it off without taking a beating is very hard to accomplish. i guess thats where he makes up for it with 130 HP, and even still, that isnt enough.
Sithborg
Posted: Monday, November 2, 2009 5:47:13 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator, Rules Guy

He has enough good combos to be worth it. Twin/Rolling Cleave is fun. Or Momentum. Or Triple/Twin. Etc...

I like the piece. Not overwhelmingly powerful, and needs a little support, but a good piece.
Mandalore Da Beast
Posted: Monday, November 2, 2009 5:54:10 AM

dont get me wrong, he is a good solid piece, but in my opinion, he should not be the meat and potatoes of a competitive squad.
hes just for fun.
Hydrowhip
Posted: Monday, November 2, 2009 6:57:29 AM

Well as for Republic stats; only the ISP Speeders, Anakin on Stap, Anakin Ch of Nelvaan, and this new Kit have twin. Followers that is, others have it, but these are your followers.

Its a fun piece. The meta is what it is, I play for fun - not in massive tourneys. I'd like to, but its just a fun game for me and Kit seems fun. Thats why I gave him away to our local newbie when I pulled him. Can't wait to play against Kit in a game.

Gemini1179
Posted: Monday, November 2, 2009 9:00:53 AM

My initial disappointment with Kit stems from the bias I have built into my brain that Jedi must be jack-of-all-trades. This assertion is admittedly wrong.

However, whenever a new piece comes out and there's a bit of discussion on it's usefulness, one inevitably ends up comparing it to another character of similar cost.
Take for example, CS Mace Windu. For 3 points more, you get +5 Attack, +2 Defense, +20 HP.

Standing Damage for Windu is 60(70 with Precision + 15% Crit chance), and 80(90 with Precision) for Kit. However, Kit has -5 Attack, and for melee these days, that is kind of rough. Not bad for taking out shooters, but not great.

Neither character has any ranged damage mitigating abilities. Windu has Block vs Melee. Kit has Shii-Cho, which while situational, has the potential to boost his attack and def to 15/24, which is very good. But again, it is situational.

The difference is really in Kit's Surprise Move. This is an incredible ability, and one that is probably under appreciated. While Mace can move up and hit for 30 to set up for the next round (while perhaps leaving himself vulnerable), Kit doesn't necessarily have to do that. With Kit, you can also move your 6 and attack for 40(50) damage at the end of the round, (which can be great for taking out commanders) then SM out of LOS at the beginning of the next round if you're concerned/ OR you can SM to a piece you want to put in jeopardy.

Considering that you'd need CE support/movement breakers for each piece, what is to choose between them? That leaves the question: why isn't CS Mace being used?

IMO it is because both pieces fall into the category of most players believing "Rex + Dash" is still the better option for the points- although, that doesn't mean that assertion is 'correct' or even 'correct for you'.

**Edited cause I forgot Kit had Precision as well.
billiv15
Posted: Monday, November 2, 2009 9:23:31 AM

Gemini1179 wrote:

Considering that you'd need CE support/movement breakers for each piece, what is to choose between them? That leaves the question: why isn't CS Mace being used?

IMO it is because both pieces fall into the category of most players believing "Rex + Dash" is still the better option for the points- although, that doesn't mean that assertion is 'correct' or even 'correct for you'.

**Edited cause I forgot Kit had Precision as well.

I will answer it differently (although I agree with your answer). Mace doesn't have twin. When you combine Kit with the support in the faction, twin makes a massive difference, much more important than Vaapad. Further, when you consider the meta tends to contain lower defense pieces and how you will use Kit to defeat what you expect to face, the higher attack is pretty meaningless for MAce as well. The ability to do 50 on the run, from 14 away even without support is significantly better than 30 from 6.

I would argue, that Kit is significantly better than Mace in the current meta, and fits very nicely in certain roles. As always, the question about squad building is not always about the stats. Its about roles, support, tactics and creativity. Stats are nice, but it's the combinations of abilities generally that put squads over the top.

Surprise move with twin, rolling cleave with twin, momentum with twin and precision (kill a 70hp figure from 12 away to start a round) are all very significant. Heck, being able to do 70 to a Snowspeeder from 12 squares away right now is enough of a reason to run him, let alone anything else you might have in the squad.
billiv15
Posted: Monday, November 2, 2009 9:31:23 AM

Here you go.

--Kit Maximum--
60 Jedi Master Kit Fisto
51 Yoda on Kybuck
33 Captain Rex
23 Captain Panaka
9 R2-D2, Astromech Droid
8 Mas Amedda
5 Caamasi Noble
4 Gran Raider
6 Ugnaught Demolitionist x2

(199pts. 10 activations)

The alternative would be trading out Yoda for General Skywalker and dropping Rex for Commander Ahsoka. Both should work equally well in the current meta.

Also, Kit is a great target for Padme, should you be building a squad for her. I used to use her with a shooter and Anakin of Nelevaan, but I would definately consider Kit for those squads today.
dnemiller
Posted: Monday, November 2, 2009 2:25:19 PM

yes I am the one with the problem.

I have asked someone to abide by the forum rules set up by shinja and I am the bad guy. You are right I should stop posting here because apparently I expect people to respect shinja's rules/
Darth O
Posted: Monday, November 2, 2009 2:55:56 PM

g i thought this thread was about kit fisto or did i miss sommit??
Hydrowhip
Posted: Monday, November 2, 2009 3:34:40 PM

Why do I have to slide all the way to the right? What's going on here, who broke my milk?
billiv15
Posted: Monday, November 2, 2009 4:28:25 PM

Its because Darth 0 put 1000 characters in a row without a break so the system reads it as one word, and won't break it up. You will have to ask him or a mod to fix his post.
Darth O
Posted: Monday, November 2, 2009 4:30:39 PM

It were me, soz.

I did it to ruin the whole thread, because it was getting a little bit ugly and I'm no mod.Flapper Crying Blushing

I could fix it if you want.................................
kenred2
Posted: Monday, November 2, 2009 4:32:55 PM

Don't worry its been fixed, feel free to keep posting and most of all, please stay on topic