RegisterDonateLogin

Is insignificant next to the power of the Force.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Master Fisto? Options
scourge
Posted: Tuesday, November 3, 2009 12:51:49 AM
Groups: Member

Just another Idea to make good use of Kit with 13 activations and a 30 square range 1st round swap

Jedi Master Kit Fisto
Dash Rendar, Renegade Smuggler
Captain Panaka
Jolee Bindo
Amanin Scout
Antarian Ranger x2
R2-D2, Astromech Droid
Mas Amedda
Ugnought Demo x4

it may not be top tier but so far it has been working well for me
DarthReeves
Posted: Tuesday, November 3, 2009 1:32:41 AM

Weeks wrote:
well even though he is a follower and you can boost him up like crazy the question becomes. Do you want to? Throw him with Grand Master Yoda or Gen Sky and he gets a boost but thats over half your team if you do. I think he's fun to use if he cost 50 over 60 id use him all the time. Shi-Cho is pretty cool when it works, but he doesnt even have deflect or block or stealth or evade or ANY way to get those powers so you have to use him so carefully you cant make his points up.

That's why we send him in with Elite Senate dudes with Body Guard. I dig him
Fredwood
Posted: Tuesday, November 3, 2009 8:21:38 AM

I wouldn't use him, not because I don't think he's worth the points, but because I don't like playing figures that are more than 50 points, it's just a wierd mental block that I have.

I think he's a tad fragile for 60 points, but i think Cad is fragile and extremely overrated, so take my opinion for what you will.
mercenary_moose
Posted: Tuesday, November 3, 2009 11:29:40 AM

I see that Kit is fun with some support and all that, but isn't there some better options out there for 60 points? The Republic is chock-full of mid-priced Jedi who can be boosted to crazy levels too, and if I'm going to pay that much for a beat, I would at least want some survivability.
Draconarius
Posted: Tuesday, November 3, 2009 2:28:45 PM

mercenary_moose wrote:
I see that Kit is fun with some support and all that, but isn't there some better options out there for 60 points?

I agree. Almost any piece can be effective if it is pumped up enough or used right, but that doesn't make it a good piece. For example, I can make Jacen Solo fun to use and even--dare I say it?--quite effective, but that doesn't mean those 25 points couldn't have been better spent.
Partof1
Posted: Wednesday, November 4, 2009 7:24:06 AM

I have noticed a common complaint for most new Melee pieces, in that the Attack is always too low to hit anything. I think that is an intentional game evolution, as most of our top level pieces, our Hans, Cads, Rexs, etc have low Defenses, and only a few Jedi have over 20 Defense. I've looked back at Jedi from Cs, for example, and most have like 15 attack, 22 defense, and they aren't competitive, anyway. I wouldn't worry about having a really high Attack score, it seems today, Jedi need tricks to survive.
Volvagia14
Posted: Wednesday, November 4, 2009 7:38:48 AM

Partof1 wrote:
I have noticed a common complaint for most new Melee pieces, in that the Attack is always too low to hit anything. I think that is an intentional game evolution, as most of our top level pieces, our Hans, Cads, Rexs, etc have low Defenses, and only a few Jedi have over 20 Defense. I've looked back at Jedi from Cs, for example, and most have like 15 attack, 22 defense, and they aren't competitive, anyway. I wouldn't worry about having a really high Attack score, it seems today, Jedi need tricks to survive.

well Kit's attack and Defense arn't bad if you have his shii-cho in effect, that makes for a +15 attack and 24 defense.
Capin_ahab
Posted: Wednesday, November 4, 2009 1:04:16 PM

After some play testing, heck even looking at the possibilites i think he can be amazing.
maverick
Posted: Thursday, November 5, 2009 2:08:30 PM

I've run him a couple times with success. It was nothing uber competitive, but I've still had some success.