RegisterDonateLogin

It's exactly what it sounds like.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Courtesy Options
trick624
Posted: Tuesday, November 17, 2009 2:51:17 PM
Groups: Member

wowzers! lol this thread makes me laugh.

+ for carnorjax, volvagia14 and swinefeld.

I don't hand out negatives, just giving props.
Darth O
Posted: Tuesday, November 17, 2009 4:47:06 PM

carnorjax1 wrote:
Darth O wrote:
It's funny how every single post here has had a reference to tiny dolls.

I agree fully, although a bit of a joke can be fine as long as it stays that way.

I think I have an extra sense of humor I can trade you.

Oh, I wasn't referring to this thread. I'm generally a rather funny guy. Geddit?LOL Mellow Huh Sad ThumbDown Cursing Bomb
Mickey
Posted: Wednesday, November 18, 2009 10:19:49 AM

Well I feel since this thread mainly started over my incident that began with one of my posts I think it is only right for me to give an apology to the community. I didn't realize my original post would be taken as an insult, but apparently it did. I wasn't able to be back online for a day so by the time I had it was already a problem. Where I really feel at fault is continuing to post in a thread that got out of control over letting my anger get away from me. I can't take that back and can only say I'm sorry for letting it happen. I also apologize to the moderators for putting them through hell and to Aaron for dragging his site into it. I think the Bloomilk community is alot of fun and I hope I'm still welcomed here. If not I will understand.
carnorjax1
Posted: Wednesday, November 18, 2009 10:31:58 AM

Darth O wrote:
carnorjax1 wrote:
Darth O wrote:
It's funny how every single post here has had a reference to tiny dolls.

I agree fully, although a bit of a joke can be fine as long as it stays that way.

I think I have an extra sense of humor I can trade you.

Oh, I wasn't referring to this thread. I'm generally a rather funny guy. Geddit?LOL Mellow Huh Sad ThumbDown Cursing Bomb

O, ok, I geddit. Darn. Do you have a friend that needs an extra sense of humor by chance?Smile
ChuckaFett
Posted: Wednesday, November 18, 2009 11:01:05 AM
Groups: Member , Trade Moderator

Mickey wrote:
Well I feel since this thread mainly started over my incident that began with one of my posts I think it is only right for me to give an apology to the community. I didn't realize my original post would be taken as an insult, but apparently it did. I wasn't able to be back online for a day so by the time I had it was already a problem. Where I really feel at fault is continuing to post in a thread that got out of control over letting my anger get away from me. I can't take that back and can only say I'm sorry for letting it happen. I also apologize to the moderators for putting them through hell and to Aaron for dragging his site into it. I think the Bloomilk community is alot of fun and I hope I'm still welcomed here. If not I will understand.

The thread you started was one of many over the summer and into fall that were falling into incivility around here, I believe beginning with the GOWK controversy. I don't believe your original post was intended as an insult, but it was obviously taken that way, because of many underlying reasons that honestly go back a few years.

A lot of people, I believe especially the leaders in our community and those that have an elevated status for whatever reason, could stand to be a lot more civil. You can disagree with someone without attacking, baiting, talking down to or denigrating another person by your tone. Tone goes along way, and there are quite a few long time posters that could use some work in that area. It's a two way street as well, realize that people generally say what they mean in their posts, try not to read to much into what they're saying. Rather than getting jacked up and arguing, ask them to clarify what their saying rather than assuming they are slighting you. Anyway, that's my little rant.

I for one accept your apology, although I don't think it was needed, I do understand your thoughts on the subject and appreciate what you're saying. You, and everyone else who loves SWM are always welcome here.

Volvagia14
Posted: Wednesday, November 18, 2009 11:24:55 AM

It can be hard to interpret someone else's meaning on message boards. So something that can really help is to word what you say right, and read your post to yourself before posting, to make sure no one would be offended by what you are saying. But even then, some people can still take things the wrong way...
Zalkrie
Posted: Wednesday, November 18, 2009 10:47:38 PM

Mickey wrote:

Mickey.....I also do not think your original post meant to slight Dean or Bill, but as Chuck said, I think those guys are 'on edge' about comments like that. I think for the most part your posts are always level and fair. I wouldn't worry about it too much. You definately are still welcome and you should not worry about people disliking you. Does your play group like you? Nuff said!! People are emotional and somtimes those emotions get the best of us. I have had my run ins with Bill also, and I am not fond of a lot of things he has posted here. But I do respect him as a player and I do read his posts with the thought of him trying to be informative. As Chuck said tone in words is hard to read, and the best thing to do is step back and read the post a couple times from there side. Hard to do, but the adult thing to do. I have taken a postion now that if I don't like what someone is saying in a thread.....I stay out of it.

Welcome back and enjoy!!!!
DarthJak
Posted: Sunday, November 22, 2009 8:40:28 AM

After reading juice man's thread, I'm feeling strangely attracted to this person.Love

Anybody else want some juicy man Heart ?
juice man
Posted: Monday, November 23, 2009 11:33:15 PM

Don't go all Adam Lambert now.
carnorjax1
Posted: Tuesday, November 24, 2009 10:25:16 AM

juice man wrote:

Ha! Woot
EvilYeti
Posted: Monday, November 30, 2009 8:50:57 AM

Some courtesy would be awesome. I also wish that all those people who go around rating everyone's squads 1 because they're bored, should cut it out.

(they're more like miniature dolls LOL )
juice man
Posted: Friday, December 11, 2009 2:33:45 PM

Felt this thread needed a bump.
I also want to say." Some of you guys need a time-out and a nap."
JFisto
Posted: Monday, December 21, 2009 1:40:10 AM

carnorjax1 wrote:
Quote:

Ha!Woot

HA!Woot
kenred2
Posted: Monday, December 21, 2009 2:15:19 AM

ChuckaFett wrote:
Mickey wrote:

The thread you started was one of many over the summer and into fall that were falling into incivility around here, I believe beginning with the GOWK controversy. I don't believe your original post was intended as an insult, but it was obviously taken that way, because of many underlying reasons that honestly go back a few years.

A lot of people, I believe especially the leaders in our community and those that have an elevated status for whatever reason, could stand to be a lot more civil. You can disagree with someone without attacking, baiting, talking down to or denigrating another person by your tone. Tone goes along way, and there are quite a few long time posters that could use some work in that area. It's a two way street as well, realize that people generally say what they mean in their posts, try not to read to much into what they're saying. Rather than getting jacked up and arguing, ask them to clarify what their saying rather than assuming they are slighting you. Anyway, that's my little rant.

I for one accept your apology, although I don't think it was needed, I do understand your thoughts on the subject and appreciate what you're saying. You, and everyone else who loves SWM are always welcome here.

Chuckafett, have you not spoken or talked to Dean about that incident? He's the one that was upset of being taken out of context of how he criticized Deans reputation as a DCI Content Manager, taking into the assumption of treating new DCI rule(s) to be done at Gencon is entirely false, and putting SWMgamers into the context thus hurting Dean as a reputable member of this site. If that thread went on as it did, people who are important to the game will be chased out. Because of that incident, I wouldn't be surprised if Dean isn't ever coming back to this site for our latest DCI update, etc. Chuckafett, as a moderator I am looking both sides into the argument (and I put a lot of time pming and talking to these people myself) and to help resolve issues around our members and around Bloomilk community, but during that time Dean's argument stands out on how much the public perceived him to be, and it's upsetting to see how many of the members chased out one of the most valuable member in our group, even though he sacrificed his time for the fairness of competitive play and for the benefit of keeping SWM game going and alive.

I know that apology is at least intended for Dean, but I wouldn't be surprised if he's ever coming back from that incident, including many others
joelker41
Posted: Monday, December 21, 2009 2:39:03 AM

kenred2 wrote:
ChuckaFett wrote:
Mickey wrote:

Chuckafett, have you not spoken or talked to Dean about that incident? He's the one that was upset of being taken out of context of how he criticized Deans reputation as a DCI Content Manager, taking into the assumption of treating new DCI rule(s) to be done at Gencon is entirely false, and putting SWMgamers into the context thus hurting Dean as a reputable member of this site. If that thread went on as it did, people who are important to the game will be chased out. Because of that incident, I wouldn't be surprised if Dean isn't ever coming back to this site for our latest DCI update, etc. Chuckafett, as a moderator I am looking both sides into the argument (and I put a lot of time pming and talking to these people myself) and to help resolve issues around our members and around Bloomilk community, but during that time Dean's argument stands out on how much the public perceived him to be, and it's upsetting to see how many of the members chased out one of the most valuable member in our group, even though he sacrificed his time for the fairness of competitive play and for the benefit of keeping SWM game going and alive.

I know that apology is at least intended for Dean, but I wouldn't be surprised if he's ever coming back from that incident, including many others

Well said ken.

Dean and Bill are targeted every time they post, comes with their territory as prominent people in the minis world.

I can attest to them being baited by probably a dozen bloomilk users, maybe more over just the last year and that is astounding considering the work Dean does.

I admit I haven't always agreed or understood their point of view but in all seriousness just PMing them or talking to them on Vassal/skype they always are willing to discuss.

People flame and talk, and considering the average age and demeanor of people on Bloomilk (the likes of which has gotten worse and worse) makes the situation ugly.

Combine strong posting styles with immaturity and it creates ugly situation and posts.

A banning of a certain member for a month calmed down him and the boards, and the self-imposed removal of another combined have made the level of ire go down significantly.

Thing is if you are going to give squad advice, be nice about it. If you ask for squad advice accept the possibility your squad concept could be flawed. Someone crittiquing your squad doesn't mean they are criticizing you or your squad.

As I have posted dozens of times, take the emotion out of reactions. Reactions are the issue here and always have been. Go with your second reaction and wait two minutes before responding.

DarthJak
Posted: Monday, December 21, 2009 2:41:05 AM

let it goBigGrin
that's the courteous thing to do.Laugh
Mickey
Posted: Monday, December 21, 2009 3:55:16 AM

I don't understand how after a month or more this topic is still an issue. I also want to point out I never directed any comment toward any specific players. I posted my opinion on the matter in that thread and it was taken as an insult by a specific player. I feel as if anytime I post in any forum for SWM that I have to walk on egg shells or I may offend someone. I have been posting in community forums for over 10 years in the gaming environment and I have never had this problem before. People should be able to post their opinions on subject matter without someone getting upset if the post is not rude or offensive. I do not think mine was.
kenred2
Posted: Monday, December 21, 2009 4:05:31 AM

Mickey wrote:
I don't understand how after a month or more this topic is still an issue. I also want to point out I never directed any comment toward any specific players. I posted my opinion on the matter in that thread and it was taken as an insult by a specific player. I feel as if anytime I post in any forum for SWM that I have to walk on egg shells or I may offend someone. I have been posting in community forums for over 10 years in the gaming environment and I have never had this problem before. People should be able to post their opinions on subject matter without someone getting upset if the post is not rude or offensive. I do not think mine was.

Your post may not be rude or offensive, but it may lead in a way that misrepresents them in general, in a way which insults their credibility. You shouldn't be apologizing to just the community, you should apologize to Dean because of the sacrifices he has made for the game to it is now (where the game has play fairly and done respectively by all players). A post doesn't have to me rude or offensive to get anyone upset.... what upsets people is how you perceive them out of context.
imyurhukaberry
Posted: Monday, December 21, 2009 4:14:43 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator

Courtesy you say? More common sense needed there is.

Seriously though, the Bloo Milk site is already looked upon as the “kiddy playground” anyway, so why are we showing them that is true with our forum posts? I know there is a younger crowd involved in the SWM community, but that doesn’t mean we can’t act mature. Especially when discussing this awesome game.

Face it, people will take things personally. A newer player might read something an experienced player writes to them and they might take it as being condenscending. The more experienced player would look at it as just trying to help the newer player and might be involved with other things making the reply a little shorter than normal. I was there in the beginning. One player gave me some advice and I was offended by it because I thought I had some valid points. However, as I kept reading the forum posts that followed it became clear to me that what I thought wouldn’t work or wasn’t right. Thank goodness I didn’t retaliate when my (note MY) feelings were hurt. I would have just made myself look like a crybaby. Over the years I have tried to not react right away and actually look up and research what someone tells me. This not only lets me see their point of view but also gives me time to cool down if I’m getting all worked up about it. Usually that time and research reveals that I might have missed something that the other person knew about. And let me tell ya, finding it out on your own before you try getting in someone’s face is a good feeling.

Talk to one another. I have heard this in a few conversations and I think this is what is missing. As people have posted, it’s so easy to just argue with someone when you take no time to get to know them. I’m guilty of this as well. But when I take time to write to anyone on this site (or other sites), it has always been with good returns. There are some GREAT people on this site and playing this game. I urge everyone to try and get to know someone else. It will be a lot harder to flame a friend than a stranger.
BlooMilk
Mickey
Posted: Monday, December 21, 2009 4:28:32 AM

@Tim, I did apologize in an email and you know what I received in return? Nothing. I told you this in an email. Also, I think it is BS that a person can not post their opinion because it might offend someone somewhere in the world. I posted my opinion that I feel alot of the DCI changes are discussed and decided at GenCon weekend. That's my opinion! I don't see how this should be taken as an insult to anyone. I also think it is BS that we should avoid offending certain people because of their positions within the community, but those same people can go around insulting anyone they want. If you wish to discuss this with me then do it privately. I emailed you more than once to discuss my side of this and you said in each reply you were too busy with school. You obviously are not too busy to keep bringing it up in the forums.