RegisterDonateLogin

The Force is with Bloo Milk, but it is not a Jedi yet.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Dark Times rumors Options
shatterpoint7
Posted: Tuesday, November 24, 2009 8:07:11 AM
Groups: Member

i made a jedi watchman w/ very similiar stats
jhc36
Posted: Tuesday, November 24, 2009 8:12:49 AM

Sithborg wrote:
Honestly, I am fine with them being low on Uniques (they don't have too many to choose from). A few factions that aren't reliant on Uniques is cool (Mandos & Vong).

That said, I look forward to MOTF, with a bit more influence from Peter. You can just tell his influence so far, and Dark Times looks to be the most uniquely designed set since we began the 40 piece sets. Sure, there are cool and interesting pieces, but I think we can all tell Rob was starting to dry up a bit.

Well, I can sure help them in the unique Yuuzhan Vong department. Wink But yeah, it is nice that both Yuuzhan Vong and mandos are not as dependent on them.

I completely agree with you about the new influence, things seem to be a little fresher with this upcoming set.
Kaxel Vofer
Posted: Tuesday, November 24, 2009 9:02:14 AM

Like I said before, I hope a lot of this set; i think will be wonderful, and about the new Force Power I like very much all the SA or FP that the own character hurt herself, and I think all af this is too funny, greettings
swinefeld
Posted: Tuesday, November 24, 2009 9:29:12 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator

I like the new risky force powers a lot. Games get crazy sometimes, and these will make things even more interesting. Someone else said (don't remember who, or where)

"desperate times take desperate measures" (something like that). Cool
saeseetiin
Posted: Tuesday, November 24, 2009 10:09:39 AM

swinefeld wrote:
I like the new risky force powers a lot. Games get crazy sometimes, and these will make things even more interesting. Someone else said (don't remember who, or where)

"desperate times take desperate measures" (something like that). Cool

No one knows who first said this , it is just a proverb that has passed down to modern times.
Mickey
Posted: Tuesday, November 24, 2009 10:20:05 AM

Thanks to web searching engines ThumbsUp

Quote:
Who said 'Drastic times call for drastic measures ' and when?
In: Famous Quotations, Famous Speeches

Answer
The saying is actually "Desperate times call for desperate measures."

The origin of this proverb:

This is a variant of the proverb "Desperate diseases must have desperate remedies." This goes back to the Latin _extremis malis extrema remedia_ 'extreme remedies for extreme ills.' The earliest English version given by the Concise Oxford Dictionary of Proverbs is the following:

1539 R. Taverner tr. _Erasmus' Adages_ 4 A stronge disease requyreth a stronge medicine.

(Thanks to Fred Shapiro, Yale Law Library)

carnorjax1
Posted: Tuesday, November 24, 2009 10:34:22 AM

[,quote] know all this sounds really skeptical, id hardly believe it myself if i didnt see it with my own eyes. but my belief about why this hasnt been nuked is because of all this being "rumored". since nothing has been confirmed via pic or location of acquiring the info theres not any real reason for wizards just to nuke the thread[/quote]

Thats a very good point. They have nothing concrete to nuke. Some of the character choices just seem really weird though. Merameru? All the bounty hunters except for Boba? AND NO NEW VADER?! This can't be a set made by Wotc. Smile I do hope we get a Kanos, as I have been wanting a Kanos and Jax for a long time. Oh, and something just occured to me, "the little green bounty hunter guy", you were talking about, could that be Bomo Greenbark? It would make sense, and I think he wears green.
swinefeld
Posted: Tuesday, November 24, 2009 10:35:25 AM

Laugh Thanks guys.

What I meant by that was - someone on one of the boards used the phrase in reference to the new force powers, and that it was fitting for the "Dark Times".

I could have saved you some trouble if I had just said it that way to begin with BigGrin

lukey84
Posted: Wednesday, November 25, 2009 7:57:45 AM

super pumped to see some of the revamped BH pieces. i think about using dengar, 4-lom and zuckuss but can never find a good squad toput them in because of their mixed stats and poor poor zuckuss. this new one sounds interesting. and a bossk that has more than 60 HPs should be great. super pumped about this stuff.
Hydrowhip
Posted: Wednesday, November 25, 2009 9:38:42 AM

lukey84 wrote:
i think about using dengar, 4-lom and zuckuss but can never find a good squad toput them in because of their mixed stats and poor poor zuckuss.

I'm hoping to use him with Gen Whorm so if I can win initiative, intuition into a good shooting position, take two shots and do up to 40 - accurate shot - damage then move 6 back into cover.

Whorm + Zuckuss is only 42 points. ThumbsUp
seibermaki
Posted: Thursday, November 26, 2009 6:00:53 AM

lukey84 wrote:
super pumped to see some of the revamped BH pieces. i think about using dengar, 4-lom and zuckuss but can never find a good squad toput them in because of their mixed stats and poor poor zuckuss. this new one sounds interesting. and a bossk that has more than 60 HPs should be great. super pumped about this stuff.

Will Bossk also have regen, since he's a Trandoshan?
Eroschilles
Posted: Thursday, November 26, 2009 6:24:31 AM

I'm interested in the talz chieftan. I wonder if his alleged CE affects all fringe followers, including uniques. From the fisrt page: fringe followers get +4 atk +10 damage against non unique enemies.

I like that as it makes it better for characters like Cad Bane to hit those pesky mouse droids that are blocking his shots. If the CE affects all fringe foloowers, then these BHs attacks will be boosted against non-uniques as well as against uniques.
swinefeld
Posted: Thursday, November 26, 2009 7:15:45 AM

Eroschilles wrote:
I'm interested in the talz chieftan. I wonder if his alleged CE affects all fringe followers, including uniques. From the fisrt page: fringe followers get +4 atk +10 damage against non unique enemies.

I like that as it makes it better for characters like Cad Bane to hit those pesky mouse droids that are blocking his shots. If the CE affects all fringe foloowers, then these BHs attacks will be boosted against non-uniques as well as against uniques.

Yes, they could use help in that department, which is why I hope it is only for non-unique fringe followers. If it works on uniques, it will just make it even harder to run generics effectively. IMO, bounty hunters = high profile targets...

And keep in mind, Kel Dors and such with +4/+10 would still become quite effective against a lot of the high-def generics. Yikes, a Crimson Nova BH would have +16/40 (cunning) against a non-unique force user OMG
Sithborg
Posted: Thursday, November 26, 2009 8:09:02 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator, Rules Guy

And would still need about a 7 to hit an unboosted JWM in cover. It is about time to get a bit of "counter" non-unique abilities. I think with the Mouse Droid, it is important to have.
lukey84
Posted: Thursday, November 26, 2009 9:07:06 AM

i would expect ANY and EVERY trandoshan to hvae regen, which i think has proved to be the case so far with the exception of RS Bossk. im thinking maybe double claw attack, that new ability previously mentioned, rend, regen, bounty hunter 4 and im hoping for a wookie hunter ability
swinefeld
Posted: Thursday, November 26, 2009 9:12:27 AM

Sithborg wrote:
And would still need about a 7 to hit an unboosted JWM in cover. It is about time to get a bit of "counter" non-unique abilities. I think with the Mouse Droid, it is important to have.

Targeting - it's not just for breakfast anymore!

Yeah MDs are a problem, because they are so cheap and don't really need a boost. Most of the other generics take a lot of points in CEs and other tricks to boost them up to unhittable levels. Cad et al need to have some drawbacks. This is one of them...
Eroschilles
Posted: Thursday, November 26, 2009 12:39:41 PM

The other big drawback is they don't have accurate. And they have low health. So, when they are forced to shot at the high def. non-uniques they are in trouble. I don't see how giving them a +4 Attk and +10 Dam to non uniques is that big of a deal. Unfortunately, if this does work for unique fringes, I might actually have to get Cad Bane.
Weeks
Posted: Friday, November 27, 2009 8:52:42 AM

Im not sure what id like to see most besides a new Boba Fett. That being said what would they call him? They have used the word "Mercenary" 3 times now for boba piece's and with nothing in the set costing over 43 points if we do get a boba it will be a much lower cost one with prob only one attack. I think the dengar discribed looks fun i do see him costing 30+ points so wheather or not he will be cost effective remains to be seen. I have never read any of the comic books so all these guys really dont mean anything to me. Merameru looks like a ton of fun, him + Tarful + WFF's = Awesome WFF's with wookiee commanders!
Biggsy
Posted: Saturday, November 28, 2009 5:40:47 PM

Hydrowhip wrote:
I like the update, thanks Biggsy.

No problem BigGrin i'm really excited about this set myself and am following these supposed 'rumors' closely, so i thought i might as well keep track of if.

Anyone, feel free to mail me if i missed something and i'll be sure to include it.

UPDATE: According to Altis, Emperor Palpatine's bodyguard is indeed KIR KANOS!
scourge
Posted: Sunday, November 29, 2009 12:41:24 PM

Biggsy wrote:
[quote=Hydrowhip]

UPDATE: Accodring to Altis, Emperor Palpatine's bodyguard is indeed KIR KANOS!

Now I just need the stats and I will be a happy fat guy